» «
Photo

[FPS] Performance Issues Thread

132 replies to this topic
Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by Tom7792, 17 September 2013 - 08:48 PM.

Since there are plenty threads all over here, I thought I might make this into one discussion to make things easier for those who have those problems :

threads I seen so far :

Very low FPS - by Rydberg123 - xBox360

Legit copy on 360 - Annoyed by FPS : by Tom7792 - xBox360

FPS PS3 Slim - by hhamzah99 - PS3

Improving PS3 Performence - by Southparkmayor - PS3

Basically the issue with what I've seen so far is occasional FPS drops while playing the game, discs are installed as recommended and issue persists,

personally what I'm experiencing is that every now and then, mostly when you drive or walk into junctions or even look around, FPS sometimes drops by 10-15 FPS, feels around 20 even lower, the game sometimes runs smooth, obviously when the place is less crowded, but thats not like what people are reporting around the net.

I've seen this with PS3 users aswell

Heres a comprassion between consoles so anyone experiencing this can get the rates both consoles have

Solution 1 (360) - Clear XBOX Cache from storage. Dashboard --> System Settings --> Storage --> Press X, Clear storage. might work for some, didn't work for me.

Please if you have this issue, make sure you specify which console you use.

/discuss and good luck

Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:47 PM Edited by Tom7792, 17 September 2013 - 08:48 PM.

Doublepost

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

the framerate really starts to annoy me... especially as a "free aim" user...

they even advertised it with "everythinf feels fun and responsive"...

my ass

• leatram likes this

willyum32
  • willyum32

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

how is the image quality so smooth in that video? for both consoles.  mine has jagged edges all over the place, and so do a lot of others

• leatram likes this

jimmoo
  • jimmoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

tryed usb flash memory for cd 2....still the same

• helresa likes this

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

how is the image quality so smooth in that video? for both consoles.  mine has jagged edges all over the place, and so do a lot of others

This, this right here! Tried changing the hdmi settings on my console, tried it in 3 different monitors/tv's, still jagged as hell.

I love this game to death, it's the perfect GTA, but it is soooo freaking jagged.

• leatram likes this

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

maybe there's something wrong with my eyes but the game looks beautiful and i ain't seen a drop in fps. 

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

maybe there's something wrong with my eyes but the game looks beautiful and i ain't seen a drop in fps. 

Could you please make an HD video (even if about 10 seconds long) of you driving around time during day time?

Or just take a screenshot/good quality picture of driving around during day time in a crowded area?

Rydberg123
  • Rydberg123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

My brother has a xbox Slim, and he had to buy a usb flash memory 16g around 50 reading speed. It works perfectly for him, no lags. 

So i tried to use the usb on my xbox 360 (i have a 60gb HDD on my xbox) and still no change. It must be something wrong with the hardware in the xbox :S

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

As someone who comes from a PC gaming background and is used to the 120FPS with a 120hz monitor this is really bugging me.. whenever it is below 30 I can feel it and it sucks :(

• leatram likes this

jimmoo
  • jimmoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

im happy :lol:  found me solution! set off option image MOTION PLUS(by defaulft is set standard, set it off!)its is for samsung tv

Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

so it's a TV problem now ?

jimmoo
  • jimmoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:40 AM Edited by jimmoo, 18 September 2013 - 11:41 AM.

yes for me is it, me tv is samsung le46c750 46"

a stupid tv option made me hangry for two days

Ress
  • Ress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

I had the same issue with the fps since the start and tried alot of things, clean install, clean install on empty hdd, usb drive, clean cache. Nothing helped.

What did help however was when i switched the xbox resolution output to 720p instead of 1080p (system > console setting > display).

Game is actually enjoyable now without the constant drop in fps.

DryBomber5
  • DryBomber5

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

I had the same issue with the fps since the start and tried alot of things, clean install, clean install on empty hdd, usb drive, clean cache. Nothing helped.

What did help however was when i switched the xbox resolution output to 720p instead of 1080p (system > console setting > display).

Game is actually enjoyable now without the constant drop in fps.

I'll try that, though I think framerate and resolution are two different things but maybe not.

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Second scene in this video is the road in the city I get the biggest framerate issues at.

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

Hey I have a problem with my digital copy on ps3.

I made a mistake and Formatted my 1TB Disc full of games... Ok installed my digital ps3 version of the game. game run perfect no fps drops all perfect until I started to download and install my lost games. Now gta 5 runs like Gta4, a lot uf stuttering and frame drops... really annoying. I understand a sh*t why....

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Another thing I noticed is that the NPC/police and so on, almost have no impact to the framerate.
I have scenes where I fight against like 10 officers with 5 cars and 2 choppers with only a little lag while I got other locations where I have more lag although there is no AI at all.
An area where I got lower framerate every time is trevors trailer at daytime.

leafspring
  • leafspring

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

As someone who comes from a PC gaming background and is used to the 120FPS with a 120hz monitor this is really bugging me.. whenever it is below 30 I can feel it and it sucks :(

This so much. I can live with the horrible aliasing, the crappy textures, res upscaling and low-poly models and even shooting with a stick isn't too bad but the framerate in this game...seven hells.

I don't even expect something as smooth as 60+ FPS but at least give us a steady 30 and not the low to mid-twenties I generally see while driving around. 

GTA 5 needs a PC release - fast.

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

This so much. I can live with the horrible aliasing, the crappy textures, res upscaling and low-poly models and even shooting with a stick isn't too bad but the framerate in this game...seven hells.

I don't even expect something as smooth as 60+ FPS but at least give us a steady 30 and not the low to mid-twenties I generally see while driving around. 

GTA 5 needs a PC release - fast.

Come on what did you expect. They only got a 250 million dollars budget. With that amount of money you can't make a game with a steady framerate. ^^

Mistress
  • Mistress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

a full factory reset on the xbox 360 fixed it for me but you will lose all your savegames and installed games.

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

a full factory reset on the xbox 360 fixed it for me but you will lose all your savegames and installed games.

Anyone on PS3 willing to try this? Dunno if it would take care of frame drops. But if it works, I wonder what exacyly it did.

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Anyone on PS3 willing to try this? Dunno if it would take care of frame drops. But if it works, I wonder what exacyly it did.

See my post above,

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

See my post above,
So I basically need a hard drive for gta only. :S

gunmedown
  • gunmedown

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

I have this issue also, and it really does look ugly.

When the game is still, it looks stunning! But as soon as I start driving or turning the camera quickly, it lags real bad.

I also get really bad texture pop ins.

I am playing on xbox 360, only installed the mandatory disc as well.

Considering buying a usb and installing the play disc to it to see if that will work.

• DryBomber5 likes this

ash82
  • ash82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

This is something Rockstar should have advised on way before the game was released so people could be prepared.

Mistress
  • Mistress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

See my post above,
So I basically need a hard drive for gta only. :S

Well what i did on my xbox to fix it was first formatting the hdd and delete the internal cache files, then get a code from the xbox support that i needed to do the factory reset (its a code that you need to key in with your controller, everyone has a different one). after that my xbox restarted and everything was resetted, just like i bought it fresh from the store. then connected it to the internet, downloaded the latest dashboard version and installed gta (only disc 1) and now it runs smooth as butter.

iBenminja
  • iBenminja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

I wanna try formatting but I'm afraid my savegames will no longer work. Even when I transfer them to my usb stick.

leatram
  • leatram

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Feel the same way, If its under 60 I see it. Im too perfectionistic

leatram
  • leatram

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I bought it for ps3, It cant go over 720p, and its often jaggy or the fps is lower than i'd like. Dunno if its just me being too picky, but I know it's there. Is this thing or is it just me?

• DryBomber5 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users