Photo

When should I sell my Take-Two stocks?

33 replies to this topic
Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Among other things, because of what you just said (bolded). This game is expected to have huge sales. So when they make their sales public and those expectations are confirmed, not a lot will happen to the price of stock because this has already been factored in into the price. I can highly recommend reading a book like 'Wisdom of the crowds' (forgot the author).

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Anyway, seeing a guy above me bought when the stocks were at 18+, he is screwed right`?

Goodman88
  • Goodman88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Among other things, because of what you just said (bolded). This game is expected to have huge sales. So when they make their sales public and those expectations are confirmed, not a lot will happen to the price of stock because this has already been factored in into the price. I can highly recommend reading a book like 'Wisdom of the crowds' (forgot the author).

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Anyway, seeing a guy above me bought when the stocks were at 18+, he is screwed right`?

Depends on a lot (competitors, the success of GTA Online, sales, other factors). Also, Take Two is more than Rockstar and definitely more than GTA (although it's their most important franchise).

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

I read today that gtav had massive sales , just on the first day they sold 13-14 millions copys sold on the FIRST day.. How will this impact the stocks?

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

The OP is either trolling or has no business trading.  This isn't how stocks work - the shareprice of a company fluctuates mainly on forecasts and speculation, not always on performance. You think that 2 months before a company released the probably the fastest selling game of all time, that the stocks would be low?

Look at the history. It peaked BEFORE the release. 

If I were you, I'd hold on until the end of Q4 and look at what the company has in the pipeline for the next year before making any calls. If you really did manage to buy at a low market price, the best advice I can give is hang on to those until before the release of the next blockbuster, and sell when speculation is at its peak.

Of course, they might announce a whole new revenue stream for GTAO in the coming weeks which would bump the price even more.

The main question, however, is if you don't know what you're doing, why did you buy them?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users