Photo

When should I sell my Take-Two stocks?

33 replies to this topic
Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

I bought them when they were down at 7.80 dollars.

Seeing that the stocks were much higher when gta iv released. So when should I sell em-?

OverTheTop
  • OverTheTop

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Sell on the news. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

What is the price of the current stocks now? The thing is, it's going to get higher for at least the next 6 months. But yes, I think it's best to sell it this week.

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

They are at 17 dollars right now, but when gta iv released they were up to 25 dollars... I'm in panic. Please someone help me.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

GTA V is still yet to be released in Japan.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

Seeing that the stocks were much higher when gta iv released. So when should I sell em-?

Yeah you had the insight to buy stocks yet you feel the need to ask here of all places, on when to sell them!!??

I would call bullsh*t, but... Yeah you're asking stock advice here.... I'm calling bullsh*t and that wouldn't even know where to go to buy the stocks lol....

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

GTA V is still yet to be released in Japan.

Is it popular over there? Release date? Could it lift the stocks above 17?

Mr.Zyre
  • Mr.Zyre

Crackhead

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Where did you buy stock? I'm intressted in doing this!

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Heh, cant remember, I have the papers at a different place.

Anyway can anyone help me? :)

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

When should I sell my Volition inc. and THQ stocks?

GTA 5 has bee released and they dropped. Should I sell that piece of sh*t? I own 51% of the companies.

McTinman
  • McTinman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

I got in @ $18.54 before the release thinking they'd meet GTA4 levels of $27

In the coming days, I think there will be a spike, we haven't yet seen any headlines about opening day sales volumes. I would consider holding for another few days at least.

I would get out prior to the end of their upcoming quarter, because those results will post a loss - there won't be a nickel of GTA sales in those results....those will come in the next quarter, and I might consider getting back in prior to the next quarterly results if you can get in the $16-18 range.

Current value of TTWO is $27.50 so it's currently undervalued.

I don't know what Syria/war concerns will do.

I don't know the impact on the markets of this shooting in DC either.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

They are at 17 dollars right now, but when gta iv released they were up to 25 dollars... I'm in panic. Please someone help me.

The game just released yesterday, also, The game releases on october in Japan.

Goodman88
  • Goodman88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

What is the price of the current stocks now? The thing is, it's going to get higher for at least the next 6 months. But yes, I think it's best to sell it this week.

How do you know their value will increase for at least 6 months? And if so, why would you sell them this week?

If you don't know anything about stocks (or economics in general), stay away from it. Here's the thing about stocks: in theory, the value of stocks reflects all bits of information regarding the company itself and everything that influences the company. Therefore, saying that the stocks will increase for the next 6 month is ridiculous, because everyone would buy the stocks until expected future value is reached (disregarding risk, inflation etc).

So again: if you don't know anything about stocks, stay away from them. You made a nice profit (by accident), be happy about it and sell your stocks.  

Goodman88
  • Goodman88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

In the coming days, I think there will be a spike, we haven't yet seen any headlines about opening day sales volumes. I would consider holding for another few days at least.

I would get out prior to the end of their upcoming quarter, because those results will post a loss - there won't be a nickel of GTA sales in those results....those will come in the next quarter, and I might consider getting back in prior to the next quarterly results if you can get in the $16-18 range.

That loss is expected by investors, hence calculated in the price of stock. The only way the price of the stock could decrease in that case, is when losses are higher than expected. Stop throwing numbers around.

McTinman
  • McTinman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

wow, well fck you, sorry for trying to help.

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

That loss is expected by investors, hence calculated in the price of stock. The only way the price of the stock could decrease in that case, is when losses are higher than expected. Stop throwing numbers around.

Well, you gotta learn someday.. This was my first investment, just to test.

What would you have done if you have had invested in take two?

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Heh, cant remember, I have the papers at a different place.

Anyway can anyone help me? :)

Hmmm, I smell a rat... but to answer the OP at face value; you're asking at the wrong place. There are plenty of tech-stock boards where you could get much better advice.

Research the company more, attend their calls, look at their marketing/release schedules and do research (as it seems you already have) on their historic trading patterns.

If all else fails go to a gaming forum for financial advice :)

Goodman88
  • Goodman88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

Honestly, no idea :) Not an investor although my job and degree are related to it. At this moment, I know enough about the stock market to know that I know very little of it. Only when you have accumulated enough capital to diversify you investments and know about the mechanics, then you can start investing. 

Unless you have inside knowledge about a company or have developed an algorithm to track long term regression, it all boils down to luck...

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Honestly, no idea :) Not an investor although my job and degree are related to it. At this moment, I know enough about the stock market to know that I know very little of it. Only when you have accumulated enough capital to diversify you investments and know about the mechanics, then you can start investing. 

Unless you have inside knowledge about a company or have developed an algorithm to track long term regression, it all boils down to luck...

I completely agree with you. At first I wanted to see how this went, so I bought for a little more that 100euro when the stocks were at about 12. (I knew I wouldn't make any profit with that small investment). Then I bought for another 1000+euro when they were down at 7.8... (still anything I couldnt afford to lose, although it would have left a burnmark hehe.), The only plan I had was to look back att when gta iv released, and the stocks rocked away... They aren't behaving in the same manners now...

I just want to sell them now, and then the stocks will rise.

I will wait about a week more before making a decision, if noone else helps me.

Anyway.. this was basically a test since Im a newbie (although it seemed idiot proof :p)

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Sell them now as hype inflates the stock. #SocialFactor

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

They go down as of now

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

They go down as of now

You've missed the mark in that case and should have followed this before as other people evidently did.

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by odiedodi2, 18 September 2013 - 02:41 PM.

>bought at $7 a share

>panicking because shares are only up to $17

OH MY GOD YOUR POTENTIAL GAIN ON INVESTMENT ISN"T AS HIGH AS YOU WANT IT!

Pick a price floor for selling and sell if it goes down to that floor. Otherwise hold the shares until release sales numbers come out. I expect share prices to rise then. Unless you're lucky, you're not going to sell out exactly at peak value, so don't try. Sell out when they raise to a comfortable level for you, or worst case, if the value does decline and hit the price floor you've set.

Don't panic though when your investment's already worth over 100% of the base value, lol.

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

>bought at $7 a share

Pick a price floor for selling and sell if it goes down to that floor. Otherwise hold the shares until release sales numbers come out. I expect share prices to rise then. Unless you're lucky, you're not going to sell out exactly at peak value, so don't try. Sell out when they raise to a comfortable level for you, or worst case, if the value does decline and hit the price floor you've set.

Don't panic though when your investment's already worth over 100% of the base value, lol.

Otherwise hold the shares until release sales numbers come out. I expect share prices to rise then.

Do you know when the release sales numbers come out, and why should it rise ?

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

>bought at $7 a share

Otherwise hold the shares until release sales numbers come out. I expect share prices to rise then.

I don't know off hand. Check rockstar's corporate site and game news sites in general. Share prices should rise because obviously the game's going to sell ridiculously well, and sales mean profits, and profitable companies are naturally worth more. If this is the most successful game launch in history as it very likely will be, I don't see how share prices won't rise.

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

Today... or yesterday.

I don't believe you bought any though seeing as you don't know when to sell.

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Today... or yesterday.

I don't believe you bought any though seeing as you don't know when to sell.

I bought them about a year ago.

I dont care if you believe me or not. As I said, this is basically a test, that I want to suceed with in the best way, since im already on a good way

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

That will all depend on governments response. Limiting freedoms even more seems to have a negative effect on the market.

Goodman88
  • Goodman88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

>bought at $7 a share

I don't know off hand. Check rockstar's corporate site and game news sites in general. Share prices should rise because obviously the game's going to sell ridiculously well, and sales mean profits, and profitable companies are naturally worth more. If this is the most successful game launch in history as it very likely will be, I don't see how share prices won't rise.

Among other things, because of what you just said (bolded). This game is expected to have huge sales. So when they make their sales public and those expectations are confirmed, not a lot will happen to the price of stock because this has already been factored in into the price. I can highly recommend reading a book like 'Wisdom of the crowds' (forgot the author).

samyG
  • samyG

Uncivilized atheist looking to devour you when you're dead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Seek a stock broker kid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users