Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

8 isn't good???

Not for GTA standards

ShaneHaughey
  • ShaneHaughey

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

I've learned to not pay attention to user reviews on that site. Probably the most worthless metric in existence, since by and large with AAA titles a higher percentage of reviews will come from those who are angry and need an avenue to vent their frustrations. It isn't a representation of a game's quality, and those that say it is the proper metric are, in every case, people who think likewise.

• QuietSundayLibrary likes this

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

metacritic includes nearly all publications. It should only include eurogamer standard, Gametrailers, Giant bomb, and gamespy.

The end.

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

the game tanked big time.!

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Have you seen the negative reviews?

"No PC version = 0 score"

Some of them are outrageous, there was one review that rated the PS3 version with a zero, and all the text was about something else entirely. They are highly dubious. Some are perfectly legit of course, but those that rate it a zero aren't to be taken serious.

• Arman Ossi Loko likes this

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by Thatdirehit, 17 September 2013 - 07:03 PM.

One of the bad reviews on Metacritc from a user. 

Sorry, but this isn't a video game. It has too much goore. Kids stuff while not even suited for kids. Torture as a game play mode I rather play Donkey Kong.

Yeah real legit.  Move on troll. 

socal000
  • socal000

The General Public's Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

Maybe I missed something today, but is there a reason PS3 scored 0.2 points higher? It's not a lot but I don't understand how the same game can get a different rating for different consoles. 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

8 isn't good???

Not for GTA standards

IV has worse...http://www.metacriti...d-theft-auto-iv

8 is good for metacritic. but Last of Us had way better user score

I guess thats from PC players who bought it for console and now moaning about framerate and graphics

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

I'd give it a 20 out of 10, seriously :lol: , V is AWESOME, one of the best games ever. :^: I don't care about critics or trolls or anyone who's complaining all the time, for me, V is incredibly awesome game.

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Wait, you actually think that user scores are more reliable than critic ones? f*cking hilarious. Some critic reviews might have overrated this game, but the amount of sh*t it gets from people with no actual critique (or worse yet, people who haven't even played the game) is much more unrealistic. Get real.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I'm on Decadence and Demerol

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Trolls... Dude.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

One of the bad reviews on Metacritc from a user. 

Sorry, but this isn't a video game. It has too much goore. Kids stuff while not even suited for kids. Torture as a game play mode I rather play Donkey Kong.

Yeah real legit.  Move on troll. 

:^:

Why would any intelligent person base their opinion for a game on a collection of amateur user reviews, When it can be easily botched by troll reviews such as the one above?

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

GTA IV has a 7.5 user score by the way, and most GTA fans thought that the game was really good. So Metacritic users aren't the best to go off of.

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

f*ck "normal" user critics, some idiots gave V 0/10. :sui:

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by CheesusChrist, 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM.

User ratings:

3 points "Sorry, but this isn't a video game. It has too much goore. Kids stuff while not even suited for kids. Torture as a game play mode I rather play Donkey Kong."

0 Points "Worst game I've ever played. Too many features that take away from the core gameplay. Matt Fowler is a god and I want him inside me. Jack me off all day"

These are the ratings that made the user score go down that much.

theotherMittens
  • theotherMittens

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

yeah, mostly people pissed about the driving ot lack of pc version bringing it down. then you can add people who just don't like the series and trolls. of course fanboys will bring it up a notch, too. it is really not a reliable measurement of quality

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

X360 version - 8/10

PS3 version - 8.2/10

Looks like the game isn't as good as everyone would think

It's starting to feel like Skyrim, talked up by developers but didn't deliverer. 

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Actually, all that matters is what I think of the game. I don't give a sh*t what others think of it. Online ratings are never accurate because there is someone who always has a non-game reason for why they score it.

• Hugef1 likes this

Bonaldo
  • Bonaldo

Foot Soldier

• Members

I have a feeling that a lot of negative score has to do with butthurt PC gamers :D

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Nobody I know cares about the userscore. Not for any game.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:10 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 17 September 2013 - 07:11 PM.

GTA SA considered the best GTA by many fans has a 8.6 while GTA IV (the first current gen GTA) has a 7.5 so I think GTA V is doing pretty good considering the amount of kids and whiners playing it... I mean just look at the negative reviews this is ridiculous... some guy gives a 0 to the game and says "no pc version so you are not getting my rating rockstar"... that's not the only one, another 0 reviews and what's the argument for this score? "no pc version" 

That's why gta V can't score higher or else it would be probably at the same score GTA SA has or who knows higher

Bonaldo
  • Bonaldo

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

I care about user score.

IMO a LOT of games are overrated by reviewers

For example if I see low user score and high reviewer score on Gamespot then I know the game sucks sh*t

ShaneHaughey
  • ShaneHaughey

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

I care about user score.

IMO a LOT of games are overrated by reviewers

For example if I see low user score and high reviewer score on Gamespot then I know the game sucks sh*t

And what about reviews such as

"0=No PC version"

Which are an example of why no one cares about user scores.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

GTA4 and GTA5 is a tied 

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

I respect opinions but there are some retards voting low for no reason.

• Arman Ossi Loko likes this

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:34 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 17 September 2013 - 10:36 PM.

the title of this thread is retarded User score on metacritic menas dick until they moderate it

if you think user score matters you are an honest to god retard and you need to be shot (with a rubber bullet)

metacritic user scores are full of trolls and morons. i am gonna go through some of the 0 or 1 out of 10 reviews

copying the whole review word for word so you see what i mean

• Release on PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC.
  • Too much goore. It really is a kid's game not suited for kids. Give me Donkey Kong anytime, but this is simply over the edge... Torture as a playing mode Not good.
  • I know people are rating this 10/10 after playing this for 2-3 hours, but let me give you another view

I don't like the GPS min-map, i would rather a top down like previous versions, therefore this game is 0/10
  • Ironic isn't it that the same day the most violent video game ever released this occurred.

Aaron Alexis, the gunman who killed 12 people during a shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday, was "obsessed" with violent video games, a new report claims.

A friend who lived with Alexis said he saw him playing "zombie" video games in his room, sometimes for up to 16 hours, unt
    il 4:30 a.m., which he believes may have contributed to a violent streak, the U.K.'s Daily Telegraph reports.

"He could be in the game all day and all night. I think games might be what pushed him that way," said restaurant-owner Nutpisit Suthamtewakul, who met Alexis at a Buddhist temple in Texas

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

I've learned to not pay attention to user reviews on that site. Probably the most worthless metric in existence, since by and large with AAA titles a higher percentage of reviews will come from those who are angry and need an avenue to vent their frustrations. It isn't a representation of a game's quality, and those that say it is the proper metric are, in every case, people who think likewise.

I wholeheartedly agree. This game is an evolution in the series, and I feel that many were expecting something truly next-gen (go ANYWHERE, do ANYTHING), and when they discovered that it was merely an expansion of what IV was to an extent, they were shocked at what they deem to be a limited, wonky mess of a game. It's nowhere near that. If you look at the games released for the PS3/XBox 360 over the past five or six years, it's light-years ahead of them in nearly every respect, save for perhaps visuals. 

What I find truly ironic is that some who were derisive of GTA IV's more restrictive elements and gameplay mechanics (the arduous driving the most obvious of these discrepancies) are now chiding GTA V for its near about-face regarding these flaws. I don't get this sense of entitlement, and quite frankly, it's aggravating.

When all is said and done, if you enjoy the game for what it is, excellent. If you don't, great. Where I take contention is when you try to proclaim that your opinion is final, and every other gamer's is moot. That's what I ultimately take away from these "reviews", particularly those that are outrageously and unrealistically derisive -- just as I have an issue with those that overly praise the game as though it were the Second Coming. Learn proper perspective and have a sense criticism with a modicum of moderation, folks.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 17 September 2013 - 10:47 PM.

I wholeheartedly agree. This game is an evolution in the series, 

correction: an evolution of gaming

this is a new level. Best game I have ever played, and I knwo not all will agree there but most rational folk will agree this is an awesome game

This is the level that every developer should strive for in their games

On metacritic user reviews. sad thing is, the idea is a good one, but they need to eb moderated, obvious troll reviews need to be removed to give a REAL impression of the players

actually you should provide proof you ahve played the game, linking metacritic to gaming accounts, so it says how much that reviewer has played it

if it is 120 hours and they say 10/10 then you will be like "hmm" if it is 9 seconds and they say 0/10 you will e like "hmmm" in a different way

0/10 is a troll score no mater what the game, so it should not even be an option

only way a game is 0/10 is if you put it in and it bricks your console or computer with a virus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users