Helicopters? WTF

134 replies to this topic
Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

It's ridiculous.

I know how to control it but it's annoying because the turbulence shouldn't be as frequent as it is.

You have to fine tune the helicopter as you're flying it. If the helicopter steers right, push the analog stick slightly to the left, and so forth. It's annoying that there's no reason for the turbulence, at least give me a storm or something so I can say "Oh boy, we have a rough ride ahead", not some random event that makes no sense!

Exactly, I fully support massive turbulence when there are weather conditions to explain it, but the constant turbulence for no apperant reason during perfect weather dosn't make sense, and ends up being tedious like I've mentioned before.

• Gaffa likes this

Em_Kayz
  • Em_Kayz

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

I find it insanely easy to fly the Buzzard, my aim is also spot on. I think it's an improvement from the old GTA: IV version, as that was way too easy. Any noob could fly one back then. Now it will consider on real skill when it comes to bullets and not rockets. I found rockets easy back in the old GTA, I could pretty much one shot anyone with one rocket, without the spam. Bullets.. I'd blow people away lol. Now with this new system I hate rockets 100% as they're all lock-on!... Bullets 100% from now on  :lol: Just my opinion.

- Em

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

The Helicopters, Motorcycles, Cars, and even the Bmx bikes all feel like sh*t.

They gave Need for Speed physics on the cars (meaning you do 200mph through corners) to let 10 year olds have fun on a rated M game.

Motorcycles you cannot even turn doing a freakin wheelie which is very unrealistic. In real life you'd be able to turn sharper with the right balance. And you could do this in IV perfectly!

Bmx bikes have been downgraded from SA (if thats even possible) You can't do a small hop to get up curbs or smaller stair sets and the wheelies are the same as a motorcycle which is dumb cuz I do MANUALS NOT WHEELIES in circles irl on my bmx. You should be able to just lean back and pop it up. Instead its like a bmx bike's front end weighs as much as a motorcycles

Its like your character can't even lean back

And the helicopters are way to shakey (even with flying at 100) and auto correct your balance waaaaay too quickly.

All in all I could go on forever about how messed up the system is. I won't be replaying this game after I beat it beacause of how jacked it is to ride around town no matter what your in

Okay, then send a powerful complaint to r*'s design team, and chide them on their failures. I'm not even a r* defender, i'm actually serious about that.

The game is out and has already been paid for by millions. Even if half the population of these forums sent them an email about it they wouldn't do sh*t. They've got our money thats clearly all they wanted.No wait they still want MORE MONEY for DLC that will still suck with the same physics.

F*ck off R* Go make CoD games if your not interested in REAL physics

As for me I'll go back to flight sims and Forza 4.

Pray that Forza 5 has a city to free roam.

Oh really, do shut up.

I have no intrests in listening to your conspiracy theories about rockstar in a topic about helicopters.

I merely stated my opinion on the heli physics and other flaws related to physics; like everyone else on this page. I have a right to express that. Don't wanna "listen" to it? Don't read my post.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Exactly, I fully support massive turbulence when there are weather conditions to explain it, but the constant turbulence for no apperant reason during perfect weather dosn't make sense, and ends up being tedious like I've mentioned before.

You get turbulence even in clear weather, and on a light plane, you definitely feel it.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by Munx, 29 September 2013 - 09:33 PM.

You get turbulence even in clear weather, and on a light plane, you definitely feel it.

Oh I know you can get turbulence in clear weather aswell, however this is more common at higher altitudes. ( CAT aka Clear-air Turbulence )

I never once said turbulence should be removed, I said the frequency and severity should be tuned down while flying in clear weather.

As for those still bringing up stuff like "Oh, its so easy to fly" like I've said before the turbulence has zero impact on my ability to fly well, the problem is that it feels tedious to CONSTANTLY wrestle the turbulence, because it NEVER lets up. Not to mention the nauseating effect of constant wobbling while in first person camera.

30flightsofstairs
  • 30flightsofstairs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

The Helicopters, Motorcycles, Cars, and even the Bmx bikes all feel like sh*t.

They gave Need for Speed physics on the cars (meaning you do 200mph through corners) to let 10 year olds have fun on a rated M game.

Motorcycles you cannot even turn doing a freakin wheelie which is very unrealistic. In real life you'd be able to turn sharper with the right balance. And you could do this in IV perfectly!

Bmx bikes have been downgraded from SA (if thats even possible) You can't do a small hop to get up curbs or smaller stair sets and the wheelies are the same as a motorcycle which is dumb cuz I do MANUALS NOT WHEELIES in circles irl on my bmx. You should be able to just lean back and pop it up. Instead its like a bmx bike's front end weighs as much as a motorcycles

Its like your character can't even lean back

And the helicopters are way to shakey (even with flying at 100) and auto correct your balance waaaaay too quickly.

All in all I could go on forever about how messed up the system is. I won't be replaying this game after I beat it beacause of how jacked it is to ride around town no matter what your in

Okay, then send a powerful complaint to r*'s design team, and chide them on their failures. I'm not even a r* defender, i'm actually serious about that.

The game is out and has already been paid for by millions. Even if half the population of these forums sent them an email about it they wouldn't do sh*t. They've got our money thats clearly all they wanted.No wait they still want MORE MONEY for DLC that will still suck with the same physics.

F*ck off R* Go make CoD games if your not interested in REAL physics

As for me I'll go back to flight sims and Forza 4.

Pray that Forza 5 has a city to free roam.

Oh really, do shut up.

I have no intrests in listening to your conspiracy theories about rockstar in a topic about helicopters.

I merely stated my opinion on the heli physics and other flaws related to physics; like everyone else on this page. I have a right to express that. Don't wanna "listen" to it? Don't read my post.

Either way, we have to FORCE r* to do something about this unnecessary turbulence. Note the strong emphasis and caps on "FORCE".

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by Lunytunes, 30 September 2013 - 02:19 AM.

The big problem is when trying to shoot or land. Shooting you turrets is almost pointless because of the awkward third person view and the really close first person. I suggest at least adding a camera view within the cockpit so you can fine tune your aim and have a steady view making turbulence barely noticeable. The main reason turbulence sucks for me is because of the strain it adds to the eyes. On top of seeing a whole land scape, I have to focus on my path while it's wobbly.

The whole concept of turbulence is ridiculous when there's no just cause for it...

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

You know, the heli controls could be a glitch, just wait for the first update to see how it turns out.

reiniat
  • reiniat

Religion is like drugs, it destroys the thinking mind

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

This generation can't handle a level of difficulty higher than Easy.

Spot on.

Spot on again.... Stop complaining please, and get better at the game instead.

And yet you're the ones who adore V's sh*tty ass driving mechanics.  lol

btw, i dont like the GTA V driving phisycs, but the driving mechanics do the work.... Also i find it dumb that you can flip your car by just holding R....

But i understand why they work like they do, looking back to GTA IV where all races were won by the guys that spawned in the front because they had less possibilities of get hit and slide uncontrollably, or get clipped inside another car.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Ugh just did a fib mission involving a cargobob, container and a trailer. f*ck me did it take me awhile to get it on that damn trailer.

Same thing for me doing that. Just latching the bloody cable onto objects is frustrating. Helicopters are definitely too touchy imo.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

I find the Buzzard easier. For some reason though, my neck breaks every time I get in so my view wobbles like I have vertigo.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

To be honest, I like the fact that they've raised the skill ceiling since IV. Flying these things (efficiently) feels so much more rewarding.

30flightsofstairs
  • 30flightsofstairs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Has anyone got the balls to confront r* DIRECTLY over this issue?

Hoschelhoff
  • Hoschelhoff

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Flying in arma 3 is easier than this sh*t..

NinjaMasterGuy
  • NinjaMasterGuy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

I for one just wish that I could turn off the auto-leveling that the helos do, that's what really makes the turbulence so bad. 

I've never flown a real helicopter but I highly doubt an unstable aircraft would automaticly level itself without a fly-by-wire system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users