» «
Photo

Helicopters? WTF

134 replies to this topic
louisvign
  • louisvign

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:13 PM Edited by louisvign, 21 September 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Has anyone else noticed that other than the fact the flying skill effects stability, also wind/weather play a role in how stable the aircraft is? Hell even riding jet skii's is a pain when it's raining because of the extra big waves that send you jumping.

There are many components that effect the flying, if you tilt the aircraft left or right then more weight will be added to the left or right side of the plane and you will feel like the aircraft is moving by itself.

For me the flying is perfect but feels a bit slow but I don't care because turbulence and pilot abilities are good additions to the game and I hope it cross's over online. Maybe we will see the real pilots and drivers shine online.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Finally, a few people that actually have respectable and intelligent opinions of the flying.

Geez, why are there so many whiney, boring, lazy kids around ruining games by forcing developers to feed their requirements? Pfft, i want a game to challenge me, not have my doing it with one hand while i pick my nose with the other.

I'd much rather be awesome at flying when it's this 'hard' than be just as awesome as every single person that tries to do it because it's so piss easy in the first place.

HamSandwich
  • HamSandwich

HamSandwich

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

But fellas now we have tennis golf & hiking!

Honestly i expected alot more from R* this time around (they had 5 years and this pile of Sh*t is what we got)

All the hype about the big map and it takes less time to get across than gta4?

WTF R*

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Less time to get across than GTA IV? Are you having a laugh? I could drive from one corner of GTA IV's map to the opposite one in less time than it took to take a piss. It takes almost ten minutes to get from the very bottom to the very top of the GTA V map in a car...

Syntax323
  • Syntax323

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Less time to get across than GTA IV? Are you having a laugh? I could drive from one corner of GTA IV's map to the opposite one in less time than it took to take a piss. It takes almost ten minutes to get from the very bottom to the very top of the GTA V map in a car...

He is just trolling. Took me awhile to go around entire map in a car. GTAIV was quick to get around.

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by Skeloton, 22 September 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Flying hard in gta5? Dont make me laugh, if overly exaggerrated wind effects that are just plain annoying are hard, then sh*t flying must be hard. Just try using the buzzard miniguns to kill some that isnt right in your face. If this is a way of R*halting the griefers in MP why is it in SP and not just MP. Not that it matters as no one will use the guns and use heatseekers instead.

I'll accept a challenge when its legitimate like the parachute flight school challenges?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

This is definitely something one can adjust to. All you really have to do is anticipate and correct. What bugs me is that they actually messed up the physics. A real helicopter won't oscillate like this.

Schmange
  • Schmange

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

So much for helicopter dogfights at the airport.  Multiplayer is gonna suck if they leave it like this.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

sh*t, I was dead scared they had ruined choppers after reading this, and I have to say I don´t get all the crying after having tried myself. Choppers do get unsettled with wind, but it´s not a problem in open sky and it adds a lot of tension and fun in hard scenarios like between buildings and in difficult landing zones. In 4 I was flying between buildings and between bridge gaps without any tensions, now it´s a bit of a challenge and grabs all your attention.

Hope we won´t get the same story than with cars, they add something challenging and nice, people moans, and next time around we get sh*t physics to accomodate them.

tkhellz
  • tkhellz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

Look, Gta IV's Helicopter flight wasn't great imo, But i really really liked it after i got the hang of it, And actually got really good, And it was one of my favorite parts of gta 4 was just to fly around and sh*t, GTA V had me really really excited to fly literally anything in it and then just completely killed it for me when i flew a heli for the first time, For me, Personally, The differences in flight skill made 0 difference for me, It was all the same, Sway sway sway sway sh*t, And honestly everytime i see someone flying a heli in gta v or I fly one, It makes me sick (Actually sick, Lightheaded etc.) I never had this problem in gta 4 and im really sad to see the heli flight is so bad (IMO Of course). I really hope they do do something about it, Which i doubt they will but still, I no longer enjoy flight in a helicopter which sucks so much because its so pretty flying around and hovering and f*ckin sh*t up with the buzzard, Honestly the heli flight gets a 3/10 from me, I want the old flight back..

Soz for the long post, Just wanted to speak my mind, thanks

30flightsofstairs
  • 30flightsofstairs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Look, Gta IV's Helicopter flight wasn't great imo, But i really really liked it after i got the hang of it, And actually got really good, And it was one of my favorite parts of gta 4 was just to fly around and sh*t, GTA V had me really really excited to fly literally anything in it and then just completely killed it for me when i flew a heli for the first time, For me, Personally, The differences in flight skill made 0 difference for me, It was all the same, Sway sway sway sway sh*t, And honestly everytime i see someone flying a heli in gta v or I fly one, It makes me sick (Actually sick, Lightheaded etc.) I never had this problem in gta 4 and im really sad to see the heli flight is so bad (IMO Of course). I really hope they do do something about it, Which i doubt they will but still, I no longer enjoy flight in a helicopter which sucks so much because its so pretty flying around and hovering and f*ckin sh*t up with the buzzard, Honestly the heli flight gets a 3/10 from me, I want the old flight back..

Soz for the long post, Just wanted to speak my mind, thanks

So now let's flood the r* support over this issue! Shouldn't we do ANYTHING to get their attention on this issue?

reiniat
  • reiniat

Entropy Fan

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

This generation can't handle a level of difficulty higher than Easy.

Spot on.

Spot on again.... Stop complaining please, and get better at the game instead.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Spot on.

And yet you're the ones who adore V's sh*tty ass driving mechanics.  lol

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Spot on.

I don't personally mind the game's flying (particularly helicopter) mechanics. I preferred GTA IV's helicopter mechanics, though. And no, that's not "a complaint" towards the flying of GTA V. Who knows, maybe GTA V's flying appeals to pilots more.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

hmmm, didn't think about using trevor... I hope it solves that issue. I rarely complain about features and things but this is really BROKEN, its to the point that its nauseating and not fun flying the new helis. Lets hope GTAO is set back to IV's controls in the heli's.

Even with stats at max the buzzard is nearly impossible to aim. And great seeking rockets? How? I try to fire at cars but the rockets just go where the buzzard aims, which, most often is not at cars. Oh, look. Police can hold their chopper perfectly steady so the gunners land every shot into your car though. Lucky police know the "no crosswind" cheat.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Funny to see these people who try to brag about landing on blimps etc to supposedly prove flying is fine.

I land on moving trailers and trains, the flying is not difficult, however the amount of turbulence is to much, If I fly in third person I won't notice it to much, however flying in first person is nauseating.

When its rainy etc Im totally fine with there being massive amounts of turbulence, however on clear days the vast majority of your flight time should be "smooth flight". 

Atm the turbulence hits every 2-5 seconds (wayyyyy to often, to the point where it becomes tedious) and the amount impact it has on some of the choppers is over the top. (on clear days)

iN-Spad3z
  • iN-Spad3z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

All this about the helicopters being more realistic is absolute bullsh*t. Unless your flying in a f*cking storm a helicopter does not rock back and forth like that. I've gotten use to it because flying to see the scenery in GTA V is amazing. I just don't like people saying that rocking like that is realistic it is not, that is 100% false. I've had the pleasure to ride in an army blackhawk during an air show and that was super smooth.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

Tip: turbulences are not something inevitable that make you just a passenger. Use your joystick to correct inmediately. You can still hold a chopper really stable, you just have to work a bit for it. It´s still perfectly suitable to land in the most challenging spots without contact once you practice a bit.

ayyob
  • ayyob

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

i was wondering about that why the heli is not stable to me and i thought i'm suck at flying lol , now i know it's kinda major problem to everyone.

true it need a lot of practice to handle it properly

mollemans
  • mollemans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Think the helis fly pretty well takes some getting used to, its just that aiming with the attack bussard is pretty much impossible while moving.

But that might not be a bad thing with gtaonline in mind.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

Think the helis fly pretty well takes some getting used to, its just that aiming with the attack bussard is pretty much impossible while moving.

But that might not be a bad thing with gtaonline in mind.

Irrelevant really as the buzzards "real" weapon is now guided.

canadiansbronco
  • canadiansbronco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

having a high skill level really helps...I hated the controls at first but now at 100 flying they actually pretty good

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by Munx, 29 September 2013 - 07:16 PM.

The controls really are not the issue, not at all.

The problem is the over abundance of turbulence, not because it makes it any more difficult to fly, but because it makes it at times tedious to fly, and VERY often makes it directly nauseating to fly in first person view.

I can compensate for the turbulence, but reality is you really can't anticipate how and where the turbulence will hit you when you have ZERO Indicators for wind direction and strength.

Like I have said before, I don't think the turbulence in itself is a bad feature, Infact I welcome it, but atm it seems quite overtuned for clear weather flying, while at the same time being slightly undertuned for rainy weather.

And even if it was realistic (which it is not) having the amount of turbulence in the game that it actually gives some players a negative experience while performing that activity is bad.

Like I also have said before, the turbulence is a MINOR issue when flying third person, but go ahead and fly in first person for a while and I imagine you'll know just what people are talking about.  The diffrence between seeing a chopper wobble on your screen, and having your entire screen wobble every 1-5 seconds is massive.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

The Helicopters, Motorcycles, Cars, and even the Bmx bikes all feel like sh*t.

They gave Need for Speed physics on the cars (meaning you do 200mph through corners) to let 10 year olds have fun on a rated M game.

Motorcycles you cannot even turn doing a freakin wheelie which is very unrealistic. In real life you'd be able to turn sharper with the right balance. And you could do this in IV perfectly!

Bmx bikes have been downgraded from SA (if thats even possible) You can't do a small hop to get up curbs or smaller stair sets and the wheelies are the same as a motorcycle which is dumb cuz I do MANUALS NOT WHEELIES in circles irl on my bmx. You should be able to just lean back and pop it up. Instead its like a bmx bike's front end weighs as much as a motorcycles

Its like your character can't even lean back

And the helicopters are way to shakey (even with flying at 100) and auto correct your balance waaaaay too quickly.

All in all I could go on forever about how messed up the system is. I won't be replaying this game after I beat it beacause of how jacked it is to ride around town no matter what your in

30flightsofstairs
  • 30flightsofstairs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by 30flightsofstairs, 29 September 2013 - 07:24 PM.

They gave Need for Speed physics on the cars (meaning you do 200mph through corners) to let 10 year olds have fun on a rated M game.

Motorcycles you cannot even turn doing a freakin wheelie which is very unrealistic. In real life you'd be able to turn sharper with the right balance. And you could do this in IV perfectly!

Bmx bikes have been downgraded from SA (if thats even possible) You can't do a small hop to get up curbs or smaller stair sets and the wheelies are the same as a motorcycle which is dumb cuz I do MANUALS NOT WHEELIES in circles irl on my bmx. You should be able to just lean back and pop it up. Instead its like a bmx bike's front end weighs as much as a motorcycles

And the helicopters are way to shakey (even with flying at 100) and auto correct your balance waaaaay too quickly.

All in all I could go on forever about how messed up the system is. I won't be replaying this game after I beat it beacause of how jacked it is to ride around town no matter what your in

Okay, then send a powerful complaint to r*'s design team, and chide them on their failures. I'm not even a r* defender, i'm actually serious about that.

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

I despise flying controls in all GTA games. It all started with "learning how to fly" in SA.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:19 PM Edited by JayDM420, 29 September 2013 - 08:20 PM.

Okay, then send a powerful complaint to r*'s design team, and chide them on their failures. I'm not even a r* defender, i'm actually serious about that.

The game is out and has already been paid for by millions. Even if half the population of these forums sent them an email about it they wouldn't do sh*t. They've got our money thats clearly all they wanted.No wait they still want MORE MONEY for DLC that will still suck with the same physics.

F*ck off R* Go make CoD games if your not interested in REAL physics

As for me I'll go back to flight sims and Forza 4.

Pray that Forza 5 has a city to free roam.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'm glad its like that, it adds some more difficulty to flying so that heli pilots from 4 still have a learning curve.  Gone are the days where jerks like to stay at the airport and just prey on unsuspecting on footers. We have lock on so in some cases it makes it worse.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

The game is out and has already been paid for by millions. Even if half the population of these forums sent them an email about it they wouldn't do sh*t. They've got our money thats clearly all they wanted.No wait they still want MORE MONEY for DLC that will still suck with the same physics.

F*ck off R* Go make CoD games if your not interested in REAL physics

As for me I'll go back to flight sims and Forza 4.

Pray that Forza 5 has a city to free roam.

Oh really, do shut up.

I have no intrests in listening to your conspiracy theories about rockstar in a topic about helicopters.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

It's ridiculous.

I know how to control it but it's annoying because the turbulence shouldn't be as frequent as it is.

You have to fine tune the helicopter as you're flying it. If the helicopter steers right, push the analog stick slightly to the left, and so forth. It's annoying that there's no reason for the turbulence, at least give me a storm or something so I can say "Oh boy, we have a rough ride ahead", not some random event that makes no sense!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users