» «
Photo

GTA V Gang Database

24 replies to this topic
Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:20 PM Edited by Mafioso86, 23 September 2013 - 01:52 AM.

I know there is a vocal minority of GTA fans out there that are really into the gang dynamic in these games. R* has certainly toned it down a lot since the III and SA days but gangs are still in the games. If anything they are almost an Easter Egg in IV and V because they are not detailed in the promos or strategy guides. That said, as fans, why don't we put together a database of gang info not unlike what you would find on the GTA IV Wiki for the gangs of V. Some things I don't really have confirmed yet so I will put those in parenthesis with a question mark. Please add what you have seen/know about the gangs of V below and I can update the list!)

Families

Type- African-American street gang

Based on: Crips/Bloods

Colors- Green, LS Corkers and Feud gear

Turf: Strawberry, Chamberlain Hills

Vehicles- Albany Manana, Albany Buccaneer, Albany Emperor

Weapons- ?

Members and Associates- Lamar Davis, Stretch Johnson, Franklin Clinton

Hangouts- ?

Vagos

Type- Chicano street gang

Based on: Sureños

Colors/Style- Yellow and black

Turf: Rancho, La Mesa,

Vehicles- Vapid Tornado, Albany Buccaneer, Albany Cavalcade

Weapons- ?

Members and Associates- Esteban Jimenez

Hangouts- Projects at corner of Jamestown St and Dutch London St, Rancho, Los Santos

Ballas

Type- African-American street gang

Based on: Crips/Bloods

Colors/Style- Purple, LS Boars and Panic gear

Turf: Davis

Vehicles- Vapid Peyote, Albany Manana, Lampadati Felon

Weapons- ?

Hangouts- Grove St, Davis, Los Santos

Mara Bunta Grande

Type- Salvadoran street gang

Based on: MS-13

Colors/Style- Blue; tattoos all over, fitted hats

Turf: Mirror Park, (La Puerta, Grand Senora Desert?)

Vehicles- ?

Weapons- ?

Members and Associates- ?

Hangouts-

Aztecas

Type- Chicano street gang

Based on: (Sureños? Zetas?)

Colors/Style- ?

Turf: (Grand Senora Desert?)

Vehicles- ?

Weapons- ?

Members and Associates- Ortega

Hangouts-?

The Lost MC

Type- Outlaw Motorcycle Club

Based on: Outlaws MC

Colors/Style- Black leather vests with Lost MC patches

Turf: Sandy Shores

Vehicles- LCC Hexer (Western Daemon?, Western Bagger?) Gang Burrito

Weapons- ?

Members and Associates- Johnny Klebitz

Hangouts-?

Kkangpae

Type- Korean Crime Sydicate

Based on: Kkangpae

Colors/Style- Fashionable clothes (t-shirts, track jackets), cornrows, died fauxhawks

Turf: Little Seoul

Vehicles- (Karin Asterope?)

Weapons- ?

Members and Associates- ?

Hangouts-?

(Armenian Mafia?)

Type- Armenian Crime Syndicate

Based on: Armenian Mafia, Armenian Power

Colors- (dresspants, dress shirts, vests, beards?)

Turf: (Pilbox Hill?, Textile City?)

Vehicles- (Benefactor Schwartzer?)

Weapons- ?

Members and Associates- (Simeon Yetarian?)

Hangouts- ?

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

This game is awesome so far! Love the gangs. Mostly ran into the Ballas, Families and Vagos. Yeah there NEEDS to be a database.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Mod's, I realized that I put this in "gameplay" and it might be better in the general GTA V section... any chance of getting it moved? Or should I just remake it there?

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Bump...

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

Bump...

Thanks for the bump... I think most people are playing the game right now so we don't have much activity. I actually had to go out of town today and won't be home until Thursday evening... so after playing all last night and this morning I have to wait now and am trying to channel my excitement without looking at things that will spoil the storyline! Still... no one's really added any info at this point beyond what I originally put in the first post. If you have any info or ideas on other things you'd like to see here please comment.

One thing I was thinking of was some kind of rating system for how the gangmembers react to you if you pick a fight. I've noticed Kkangpae guys never have guns on them and will run off if you draw one but when their backup arrive they all are strapped. Vagos and Ballas seem to be armed with mostly pistols from what I've seen while I think some of the Mara Bunta guys might have had some semi-automatic weapons (not positive... I tried to snap a picture of a group of six of them and within two seconds I was in the hospital!). As I've played so little I don't want to jump the gun on what the different gang members normally carry.

Cars are another thing... I spent a lot of time hunting down Kkangpae and Marabunta to confirm their existence and I luckily ran into what I think was an Albanian gangster but I honestly have not been around the Vagos, Ballas, Lost or Families vert much yet... in fact I think I've only seen maybe two Ballas and not a single Lost guy. Most of my info on them is really coming from screenshots, trailers and leaked videos. If you have the info for their vehicles post it here!

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

The Lost MC isn't based on the Mongols MC. The Lost MC isn't a one preventer club. You can easily tell this because they have African American members.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:26 PM Edited by The Made Man, 18 September 2013 - 02:28 PM.

Bump...

Thanks for the bump... I think most people are playing the game right now so we don't have much activity. I actually had to go out of town today and won't be home until Thursday evening... so after playing all last night and this morning I have to wait now and am trying to channel my excitement without looking at things that will spoil the storyline! Still... no one's really added any info at this point beyond what I originally put in the first post. If you have any info or ideas on other things you'd like to see here please comment.

One thing I was thinking of was some kind of rating system for how the gangmembers react to you if you pick a fight. I've noticed Kkangpae guys never have guns on them and will run off if you draw one but when their backup arrive they all are strapped. Vagos and Ballas seem to be armed with mostly pistols from what I've seen while I think some of the Mara Bunta guys might have had some semi-automatic weapons (not positive... I tried to snap a picture of a group of six of them and within two seconds I was in the hospital!). As I've played so little I don't want to jump the gun on what the different gang members normally carry.

Cars are another thing... I spent a lot of time hunting down Kkangpae and Marabunta to confirm their existence and I luckily ran into what I think was an Albanian gangster but I honestly have not been around the Vagos, Ballas, Lost or Families vert much yet... in fact I think I've only seen maybe two Ballas and not a single Lost guy. Most of my info on them is really coming from screenshots, trailers and leaked videos. If you have the info for their vehicles post it here!

You welcome.

sh*t...I ran into the Ballas and man they were ruthless! Gangs in this game are no joke! I ran into the Families obviously because they are near Franks house. I have not seen the Vagos on the streets so far, but only on missions. Also I think there may be some Armenian type gang/mafia in northern LS. HAve not ran into the Korean mob or Aztecas and Mara Bunta. But I know the latter two exist because they were mentioned in Weazel news

Spoiler

I'm still hunting for vehicles.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Also the Vagos are most likely 18th street and not the Aztecas and I can explain why. The Aztecas seem like they have connections to the Cartels. And I heard the cartels were in the game.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by Mafioso86, 18 September 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Bump...

You welcome.

sh*t...I ran into the Ballas and man they were ruthless! Gangs in this game are no joke! I ran into the Families obviously because they are near Franks house. I have not seen the Vagos on the streets so far, but only on missions. Also I think there may be some Armenian type gang/mafia in northern LS. HAve not ran into the Korean mob or Aztecas and Mara Bunta. But I know the latter two exist because they were mentioned in Weazel news

Spoiler

I'm still hunting for vehicles.

Also the Vagos are most likely 18th street and not the Aztecas and I can explain why. The Aztecas seem like they have connections to the Cartels. And I heard the cartels were in the game.

Mara Bunta are definitely in Mirror Park... I found a big group of them in the big drainage ditch. Kkangpae are around in Little Seoul but much less aggresive unless you really push them than the other gangs (probably because they are more of a "mafia" than a "street gang"). They never have guns on the street but when you kill one or even scare one off by drawing a weapon a huge backup mob will show up with firearms. I've explored East LS quite a bit and have seen a bunch of Vagos.

The Armenians remain the big mystery for me at this point. The one time I saw what I think was one was right after a Yetarian mission infront of his dealer. There was a silver Benefactor Schwarzer speeding through the area and the cops were chasing it and shooting at it. The car stopped and the guy got out and started shooting at the cops but the cops ended up winning which was good because I could go check out the body... Black dress pants and shoes, white dress shirt and a black vest and I think he might have had some kind of gold chain. His face looked Middle Eastern; olive skin and thick black hair with a big beard. Another identical Schwarzer then sped through the area but I haven't seen one since. I think hat was in Pillbox, though you mention Northern Los Santos which might make sense as I believe that the real life Armenian Mob is based in the Hollywood área in Northern LA...

Finally I believe that the Ballas use the Peyote based on some of the trailers, screenshots and leaked videos so I'm going to add that to their vehicles.

iJSM
  • iJSM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Vagos are definitely in San Andreas in East LS. San Andreas is small neigborhood surrounded Burro Heights, La Mesa, and Cypress flats.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Have any of you seen shoot outs between rival gangs in the streets without player involvement ? 

Tsar_Smirnoff
  • Tsar_Smirnoff

Daft Suburbanite

• The Connection

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

The Lost MC could very well be based on the Mongols MC because they are a multi-racial gang in real life (hispanic, native american, etc..). Although, there seems to be small influences from The Outlaws MC and The Pagans MC as well. Whoever said The Mongols are not a 1%er club are just wrong; the Mongols are extremely violent and have gotten in brutal gang wars with The Hell's Angels over the last decade. A gang does not have to be all white to be a 1%er club. That term came from the fact that they represent 1% of all motorcycle riders who are NOT law abiding citizens (the other 99% are). 

monyg
  • monyg

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

There tends to be alot of Ballas at the end of Grove St....just my 2 cents

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Vagos are definitely in San Andreas in East LS. San Andreas is small neigborhood surrounded Burro Heights, La Mesa, and Cypress flats.

There's a neighborhood called San Andreas? I haven't heard of it but I will add it.

Have any of you seen shoot outs between rival gangs in the streets without player involvement ? 

I have not but I've seen posts by other forum members saying that they have. I have seen a lot of shoot outs between gang members and cops.

The Lost MC could very well be based on the Mongols MC because they are a multi-racial gang in real life (hispanic, native american, etc..). Although, there seems to be small influences from The Outlaws MC and The Pagans MC as well. Whoever said The Mongols are not a 1%er club are just wrong; the Mongols are extremely violent and have gotten in brutal gang wars with The Hell's Angels over the last decade. A gang does not have to be all white to be a 1%er club. That term came from the fact that they represent 1% of all motorcycle riders who are NOT law abiding citizens (the other 99% are). 

This was my thought as well. Mongols are one of the few notable 1%er clubs that don't have a white supremacist leaning and they are also Southern California based. Vagos are another smaller Southern California 1% club that has Hispanic roots. I haven't gotten to the part of the story with them yet so I'm only basing my idea here on TLAD and the Los Santos setting. In TLAD I always thought Pagans, The Breed or Outlaws as they were an East Coast gang that hated the Angels of Death (Hells Angels) and I believe the Pagans and Breed have non-white members but I don't know if any of these have West Coast presence.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

There's a neighborhood called San Andreas? I haven't heard of it but I will add it.

I have not but I've seen posts by other forum members saying that they have. I have seen a lot of shoot outs between gang members and cops.

This was my thought as well. Mongols are one of the few notable 1%er clubs that don't have a white supremacist leaning and they are also Southern California based. Vagos are another smaller Southern California 1% club that has Hispanic roots. I haven't gotten to the part of the story with them yet so I'm only basing my idea here on TLAD and the Los Santos setting. In TLAD I always thought Pagans, The Breed or Outlaws as they were an East Coast gang that hated the Angels of Death (Hells Angels) and I believe the Pagans and Breed have non-white members but I don't know if any of these have West Coast presence.

Is Grove Street the name of the neighborhood or is it just a street? In SA for example it was a street in Ganton. Sorry, but I haven't explored that part of the city yet.

rex3456
  • rex3456

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

The Lost MC isn't based on the Mongols MC. The Lost MC isn't a one preventer club. You can easily tell this because they have African American members.

wrong actually the lost is based on the outlaws mc

rex3456
  • rex3456

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

i have a seen a shootout between vagos and ballas the vagos walked all over the ballas in that shootout

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

I think we all would appreciate it if it was done similar to the one in the GTA IV section.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:32 AM Edited by cjspeed, 22 September 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Not sure if you're wanting this much detail, but The Families is split into three groups - Chamberlain Gangsters Families, Forum Drive Families and Carson Avenue Families.

Stretch was also a member of The Families (Not too sure it Tonya was to be honest).

Edit: Oh, and also, they use Emperors too.

Edit again: Also, Rex is correct, The Lost MC is based on Outlaws MC. They have basically the same motto "The almighty forgives, Outlaws don't", and their feud with Angels of Death is a reference to Outlaws MC and Hells Angels.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

wrong actually the lost is based on the outlaws mc

Good point, I think I agree as they appear to be the second largest biker gang the GTAverse based on the news reports (in TLAD I was thinking they were a smaller, just East Coast, if not just LC, gang) and I believe that Outlaws are second in numbers only to the Hell's Angels. Plus having played the parts of the game that the Lost are in I see now that they are new to the area and not an established OMG in Socal/South Andreas as the Mongols or Vagos would be. I went ahead and changed that part.

I think we all would appreciate it if it was done similar to the one in the GTA IV section.

If you send me a link I can take a look at that.

Not sure if you're wanting this much detail, but The Families is split into three groups - Chamberlain Gangsters Families, Forum Drive Families and Carson Avenue Families.

Stretch was also a member of The Families (Not too sure it Tonya was to be honest).

Edit: Oh, and also, they use Emperors too.

Edit again: Also, Rex is correct, The Lost MC is based on Outlaws MC. They have basically the same motto "The almighty forgives, Outlaws don't", and their feud with Angels of Death is a reference to Outlaws MC and Hells Angels.

I haven't added the sets at this point but give me feedback, if everyone wants to see that I'll put it on there. I did add Stretch to Families and I did agree that Tonya may have been too much of a stretch. She's from Chamberlain Hills and wears green so I was thinking "associate" but there's not much more evidence than that so I removed her. I feel like she might have mentioned her boyfriend (JB I think?) being involved with Lamar and Franklin back in the day; i.e. in the CGF; but I'm not sure.

I added the Emperor and a lot of other stuff that I'll detail in the next post...

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

Updates 9.22.13

• Added a lot of vehicles; mostly for Families, Ballas and Vagos. It's a little tricky as there seem to be two classes of vehicles; standard run of the mill cars that they use and cars that are really tricked out; usually in the gang color. The second variety tend to be parked by their "hangouts" (more on this below) and sometimes appear in missions. There also seems to be a lot of overlap between them all as I *think* I've seen everyone with the Buccaneer, Manana and Emperor for example. More info is always appreciated (especially for Mara Bunta and Aztecas).
  • Added known members such as Stretch, Esteban Jimenez and Ortega
  • Added the "hangouts"  category. Hangout are areas where you will always find members of the gang hanging out and tricked out gang cars that they are guarding. For example on Grove St there are always Ballas and a really nice purple car that trying to still is a death wish. I added these for Vagos and Ballas; not positive on Families but I'm thinking the street that Franklin lives on but one block to the west. I'm guessing these will eventually serve as the gang hideouts in GTA Online so most if not all gangs probably have one...
  • Having finally run into the missions that feature the Aztecas I'm starting to think they are no longer based on the Sureno gangs like they were in SA. The appear more in line with the Zetas; a gang that effectively operates as a street level arm of a cartel. The Zetas are known to be extremely brutal and I know that their mere name will make even the hardest gangbangers and bikers shiver... Chef talks about them in a similar way in the one mission where they appear. That said in doing some research I came across another similar gang called the Mazatlecos which not only sounds more like "Aztecas"  but operate more in the part of Mexico that borders California (Zetas are more by Texas)....

TheGratefulOne
  • TheGratefulOne

Wasted

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:06 AM Edited by TheGratefulOne, 23 September 2013 - 04:33 AM.

Whoops wrong thread

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

Whoops wrong thread

Yeah we have two going.... the other one arguably has more stuff but this is older and I think I have some more specific info so I'm going to keep it going and just cross reference the other one. If we could somehow combine them....

MotjoBoss
  • MotjoBoss

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

I was really hoping on some random driveby shootings between gangs.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

I said the Lost MC weren't 1%ers, not the Mongols. The Mongols MC do not accept African American members whereas the Lost MC do. Please re-read my post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users