Photo

Some Dissapointed Kids

86 replies to this topic
godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Call of Duty is an M rated game as well.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

You really are an ass. :(

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

How is COD any better? If anything it's worse because it's more realistic. 

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:47 PM Edited by Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, 18 September 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Well, when I was 15, I said to my mom that I was playing a violent game(GTA 3) and that it had prostitution, drugs and bla bla bla. She asked me "Are you doing the same thing ?" I said no, then she just gave me a copy of Vice City when It was released. I think that if you have a very tight relationship with your parents, it's ok. Age is a number, maturity is what counts. But here in Brazil things are funny, Sometime around 2008 I saw a 12 yo guy buying GTA IV for 360 and he got it easily. You can even buy condoms at 12  

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

OP didn't recommend COD...they gamestore worker did. The OP wasn't going to sit around all day talking to the mom about game, he JUST got GTAV, he had wasted enough of his time talking already. Mom will know to do her own research on COD before she goes out and buys it this time. That's all that is needed. Informed parenting. 

• GutsAndGlory likes this

Krist075
  • Krist075

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

What is so harmful about a 12 or 15 year old playing gta? What bad effects is it really going to have? 

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

More realistic? :sigh: Yes, I guess having fish AI that move when you are close to them and campaigns that are the same stuff every year is realistic.

• Smaher. likes this

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

More realistic? :sigh: Yes, I guess having fish AI that move when you are close to them and campaigns that are the same stuff every year is realistic.

The guns/gun mechanics themselves are more realistic I meant. You can't argue with that.

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Some of you are missing the point and are only hearing what you wanna hear so you can OP bash...

I recommended the new Batman game coming out the GS guy recommended COD

The Lady turned to me and said:

"Thanks for the info, the parents are clueless about these things."

sure sure i could've said something like "well you don't have to be if you just do some quick research!" but at that point it was getting too long of a convo their were people in line behind me and of course i couldn't wait to get my copy and get the hell out!

• ShaneHaughey likes this

ShaneHaughey
  • ShaneHaughey

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Some of you are missing the point and are only hearing what you wanna hear so you can OP bash...

I recommended the new Batman game coming out the GS guy recommended COD

The Lady turned to me and said:

"Thanks for the info, the parents are clueless about these things."

sure sure i could've said something like "well you don't have to be if you just do some quick research!" but at that point it was getting too long of a convo their were people in line behind me and of course i couldn't wait to get my copy and get the hell out!

You did do the right thing, no matter what the teenagers say.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

CoD? That isn't for kids either!
No shooting game is. Especially now a days.
If it has a M rating, that mother is obviously blind, been under a rock for 20 years and is ignorant all at the same time.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

OP, I agree that it's not for general 12 year olds. Most don't have the maturity to process what's going on in a constructive way.

However, I had GTA 3 and Vice City when I was 12. I'm about to turn 23.

Just to point out, I don't own a single COD game, either.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

Good move OP. The less screeching 12 year olds on gta online the better. :p

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Douche move. You're 28 years old and still get enjoyment from spoiling the entertainment of children? Don't act like you did it because you had to remedy the apparent atrocious injustice of kids having access to games like GTA when you didn't intervene about how violent and graphic COD was.

Do you hide your 15 year old's eyes during naughty scenes in movies too? Kids that are 12-15 are not naive little babies ignorant to the content of the game, they've seen tits, violence and heard swear words before, if they can enjoy it responsibly like most rational people I don't see why it's even an issue. Me and a good chunk of people who've played GTA have experienced it before we were even 10 years old. That's right, we were picking up hookers and shooting Ballas and attending strip clubs when we were 8-9 years old and we turned out fine. You're 28 years old dude, time to grow up yourself.

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by fwenshy, 18 September 2013 - 10:03 PM.

You said it in the first sentence "children". Sex, drugs, murder, prostitution, extreme violence and some other crazy horrible stuff that I won't mention because of spoilers. My Kid would definatley not be playing this, I saw some stuff when I was young but I definatley didn't know what cocaine was when I was 12 or maybe even 15.

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:39 AM Edited by [µT], 19 September 2013 - 02:40 AM.

You said it in the first sentence "children". Sex, drugs, murder, prostitution, extreme violence and some other crazy horrible stuff that I won't mention because of spoilers. My Kid would definatley not be playing this, I saw some stuff when I was young but I definatley didn't know what cocaine was when I was 12 or maybe even 15.

You didn't know what cocaine was when you were 12 or 15? Did you grow up in Antarctica or never attend school? Lmao, and what harm would knowing about cocaine bring to you? If anything, that is incredibly dangerous not knowing - imagine if someone had offered you cocaine and you had no idea what it was at that age and you did it out of ignorance rather than being educated on it?

Drugs exist, violence exists, sex exists and curse words exist. Raising a naive, uninformed child because it appeals your puritan comfort levels does not change that reality and naievety of that scope only furthers the likelihood of a child becoming a victim. Your personal censors cannot edit out the consequences of the real world. If your child plays GTA, use it as an opportunity to educate set boundaries between reality and games and demonstrate to them how to enjoy these things responsibly in the game world - but chances are if your child cannot separate reality from gaming on his own by the age of 6 then he's a lost cause in the first place. Sorry.

As far as the parents being informed argument, I agree they should be able to make an informed decision, even if it's a decision I personally wouldn't make. But don't think for a minute that denying your child GTA is gonna stop him from looking at tits on the internet, playing violent games and cursing between his friends. This is all completely normal, don't be too alarmed when you see it happen.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

Good job OP, 2 less children on GTA Online to worry about.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

When I read a post by Hotties (whatever his name is here) I read it in the voice of Jesse from Breaking Bad.

Can't help it.

Also, well done OP.

You told the mother the truth about the product she was buying for her child.  You helped her make an informed decision.  Kids here will cry about it and insult you, but you did the right thing.  When the kids get a bit more mature they'll realize that.

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

Wait, so only one person noticed OP's 28 with a 15 year old. Maybe he would have been better off playing GTA at 13 instead of getting someone pregnant??

I agree with him though, parents should know about the content so they can make an informed decision about whether or not they let their child play the game

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

Hey, I played Manhunt when I was like ..10, and I saw Pigsie's ...Dick thingy and murdered it brutally.

I turned out just fine.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

Honestly who wouldn't let their kids 12-15 play a GTA game? The parents must be terribly ignorant and must think their kids are stupid too. The excuse of not being able to play violent video games is being influenced from it, but that is utterly stupid though.

jordanpumah
  • jordanpumah

Time Lord

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

I think cod is a much worse game than GTA for kids because cod's is centered on war and killing while GTA has more to offer. I played SA when I was arround 11-12 and I'm normal (well I'm a little bit crazy but everyone has a little bit of crazyness inside of them :p) and to be honest I had more fun just driving in SA than hanging around killing everybody

Main reason my mum wouldn't let me get san an back when I was like 9, I didn't even know you could pick up hookers and sh*t, I was just captivated by a game that was " go anywhere, do anything"

hell, that's still the main reason I play it.

but yeah, it is definetly about maturity level, The world was different for a 12 year old in 208 than it is now, swag yolo sh*t, kids not having to work for sh*t, I'm glad people like my grandfather and mother disciplined me, I feel like it made me a better kid, and pretty much everything I own, I've done some form of work for it. well obviously NOW i work for everything, but as a kid too.

world's f*cked up, man.

• KillaDanny likes this

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Good for you. When I was 15 I had access to everything, drugs, booze, pot... I could have got GTAV if it where around way the f*ck back then. f*ck little bitch parent shortcuts.

jordanpumah
  • jordanpumah

Time Lord

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

The guns/gun mechanics themselves are more realistic I meant. You can't argue with that.

you're just digging the hole deeper, really, cod and realistic, together?

the only realistic cod I want is grilled cod.

ps2_master94
  • ps2_master94

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

if i see u online im killin u everytime we crossed paths

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

if i see u online im killin u everytime we crossed paths

Spoken like a true 12 year old.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

I've played since 11, and I never cussed anyone out or ordered hot sexy titties bitches online with my mom's credit card. :sarcasm:

And f*ck, at that age (11, I mean) most of the stuff you don't know just filters through you anyway, and you end up focusing on what you do know: fun. If your goofy story really did happen then you probably got the kids to do more harm for the mom than they would have if the woman didn't know, what with the angry pouting and food strikes they'll be pulling.

• jordanpumah likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users