Photo

Some Dissapointed Kids

86 replies to this topic
GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Just picked up my copy at gamestop and only one person was in front of me. A mom.

GS: says ok looks like your all paid off!

Mom: Anything i should know about this game?

GS: Well its pretty explicit...

Mom: How do you mean?

GS: Well there is drug use, prostitution and violence...

Mom: Really!?

GS: how old is your kid?

Mom: 12 and 15...

GS: I dont recommend it then...

Me: Mam I am 28 and I would not buy this for my 15 year old...

Mom: Really? Well are there any other games coming out?

GS: New COD in November...

Mom: Lets transfer the money to that then

Now im sure there are a bunch of you 15 yr olds raging and are gonna flame me which only furthers my thoughts... Maybe you wouldn't be such a douche if you had more involved parents!

I'm not saying playing GTA V alone makes you douche bags its more of a packaged deal of having parents who have their heads in the sand....

Now i also know how having a personal opinion goes around here so proceed.....

My GTA just finished installing! Time for prostitution, Drugs and Violence!!!

• NADOLNY, rex84, Tony Trollucci and 3 others like this

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

tumblr_msdmhc9cHt1qmhyd5o1_500.png

• Arman Ossi Loko likes this

stockwiz
  • stockwiz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by stockwiz, 17 September 2013 - 06:17 PM.

I was going to post about this. This might seem old fashioned but letting 12 year olds have access to this kind of game to me just seems a bit much... 15 I don't have as much of a problem with... but hey, kids are into far  more things than their parents are aware of anyways... guy I work with who's in his 50's was doing all sorts of sh*t when he was that age.

Some people lead sheltered lives, others into sh*t from a very young age. The movie "A Serious Man" probably represents more typical behavior of kids that age.  Back when I was this age these types of games simply did not exist.. I had Zelda, Link to the Past and Super Mario World, Super Metroid, etc and don't feel deprived, but I also cussed up a storm.  To each their own.

If anything it's making things 'taboo' that will encourage people to do them more. People always want what they can't have. Basic human psychology. Plus there's nothing wrong with marijuana, period.. end of discussion there.

• IMr_SmithI likes this

iHawtiesz
  • iHawtiesz

Je m'appelle Frikadel

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

youre a dickhead. Im 18 now and when I was 12/15 I played GTA and am I a dickwat now? Well, you wouldnt know but I can tell you that I am not. How would you like it if some dickf*ck 28 year old told YOUR mom that the game isnt for you? How would you feel? Congrats on being a lame f*ckdick and I hope you die.

• yonatan755 and 727gta like this

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

WhyYaMomKeepBlowinUpMyPhone

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

That's f*cked up.  :v: 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

I've done that before, but the bratty kid was with the mom. Kid was totally lying to her face about the game ("you just drive around collecting things") and this was at a big box store, so sales associate knew nothing. For some reason, I couldn't just stand there and let the lady be lied to. She seemed like a nice lady who was overwhelmed and didn't have a chance to review the game. Some games get bad ratings for silly things and she may have purchased one of those before....GTA pushes the bad ratings systems to the limits. 

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

There was two kids under the age of 12 picking up copies at the midnight release I went to last night.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

youre a dickhead. Im 18 now and when I was 12/15 I played GTA and am I a dickwat now? Well, you wouldnt know but I can tell you that I am not. How would you like it if some dickf*ck 28 year old told YOUR mom that the game isnt for you? How would you feel? Congrats on being a lame f*ckdick and I hope you die.

Ummm....the proof is in the pudding, right up there ^^^

You, sir, are classy [/sarcasm]

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Lolllll

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

I've done that before, but the bratty kid was with the mom. Kid was totally lying to her face about the game ("you just drive around collecting things") and this was at a big box store, so sales associate knew nothing. For some reason, I couldn't just stand there and let the lady be lied to. She seemed like a nice lady who was overwhelmed and didn't have a chance to review the game. Some games get bad ratings for silly things and she may have purchased one of those before....GTA pushes the bad ratings systems to the limits. 

Simmer down, son, you're only proving his point. :)

But seriously, watch the flaming fellas.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Did you quote the incorrect response up there, Otter? 

:lol:

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by Spuds725, 17 September 2013 - 06:32 PM.

I'm afraid he did-- :D

Agree with the OP-- if the woman didn't know, the salesman was either lying or didn't know, then it was good that someone stepped up. (Of course I'm a parent)-- I let my 3 boys play IV under close supervision (no missions) and sound usually turned down-- they are 10, 8, & 7

She would have figured it out soon anyway and then been out $65....

(So far) Other then the crappy pixelated nipples in the game--- not any worse then IV or SA...

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by [ÁT], 17 September 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Douche move. You're 28 years old and still get enjoyment from spoiling the entertainment of children? Don't act like you did it because you had to remedy the apparent atrocious injustice of kids having access to games like GTA when you didn't intervene about how violent and graphic COD was.

Do you hide your 15 year old's eyes during naughty scenes in movies too? Kids that are 12-15 are not naive little babies ignorant to the content of the game, they've seen tits, violence and heard swear words before, if they can enjoy it responsibly like most rational people I don't see why it's even an issue. Me and a good chunk of people who've played GTA have experienced it before we were even 10 years old. That's right, we were picking up hookers and shooting Ballas and attending strip clubs when we were 8-9 years old and we turned out fine. You're 28 years old dude, time to grow up yourself.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, yonatan755 and 727gta like this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well, [ut]....if your sig picture is in any way related to you, then you have proved OPs point. 

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:38 PM Edited by Malndor, 17 September 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Nope, it's awesome OP. I would of done the same thing. Same situation happened but I didn't have to say anything, the mom pretty much nearly slapped her child for lying. :D Had to stop myself from laughing. Bought time these little sh*ts learnt a lesson. This game isn't for them it's made for Adults. You did good.

Situation where I live.

Gamestore.

Mom walks in kid in tow. 

Kid about 14 Mom! This is the one I've been telling you about!

Mom: Ok take it to the counter 

Gaming store clerk: Sorry could I ask who this is for?

Mom: My child he says it's a great game, been talking about it for weeks, it's apparently some type of driving game.

Gaming store clerk: Um, it has a rating of R18+ Adults only

Mom: "Oh really?" *look of surprise the kid is getting uncomfortable like he's just been busted.

Gaming store clerk: It's a crime game a with allot of swearing, prostitutes, strip clubs, use of drugs, nudity and violence. I mean allot. 

Kid starts to whine: Mom it's not like that...*mom tells him off*.

Mom says to son: You stand over there, I'll deal with you in a minute looks back at Store clerk. Ohhhhhhh *looking pissed off* He didn't tell me anything about that! 

Kid walks where his mom said with a whiny face look

Gaming store clerk: I'm sorry but it's store policy to tell.....*mom interrupts.

Mom: Oh no, thankyou. It's not your fault, I'll be having a word to my son about lying to me when I get home. He doesn't realize how much trouble he's in. Thankyou for telling me.

This was honestly the words that were going through my head.

"Sucked in you little sh*t"

BabyOwned.gif

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Didn't read any other post besides OP.

IMO it depends on what kind of mind frame your child has, how mature they act. Are they a very easily angered child?

I played gta 3 at like 15, my younger brother sat next to me that's 6 years younger an also played the game. Neither one of us had any ill thoughts or attempted to recreate anything from the game. And I was the hot headed little asshole at times as a kid. Always got into fights, but that was well before gta3. The game had no real life situation influence one me.

I knew the difference between doing this or that and then killing, shooting, and running people over in a game.

How mentally stable your child is would be my decision if they could get the game or not. It's messed up but some kids are already exposed to some of the stuff that's in the game in their day to day lives.
  • yonatan755 likes this

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by Kratos2000, 17 September 2013 - 06:41 PM.

12 yo are just fine with the game.

I understand you're 28 and feel like you must throw this sh*t at all the little kids

It's great to criticize others for doing, playing whatever they want, ugh those ignorant 12 yo's, stupid little f*ckers. douches uh obviously. 

Well, a wake up call - you're 28, deep into video games and an active "contributer" on a video game forum.

even without throwing wild assumptions about the rest of your daily activities, you're doing stuff that are as socially acceptable as 12 yo's playing GTA. 

now figure out for yourself how acceptable that is.

Not that dwelling in a forum and playing video games at 28 is bad, I'm saying neither is wrong. 

a 12 years old can comprehend everything GTA has to offer.

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Well, [ut]....if your sig picture is in any way related to you, then you have proved OPs point. 

Yes, a comical punchline from a parodical rap song has decimated my innocence. I like ignorant music, it's entertaining and it has nothing to do with me being exposed to GTA games at a young age. Even if it was a "relation" to me and I meant it in all seriousness, you cannot diagnose it as a product of playing GTA. Most psychologists agree that the difference between a child being exposed to GTA and a violent novel or movie is none.. and the effect of them is nil.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

Ryan_ aka 4:20

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

28, with a 15 yr old? ...

But I agree. 12 is too young. 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

12 yo are just fine with the game.

I understand you're 28 and feel like you must throw this sh*t at all the little kids

It's great to criticize others for doing, playing whatever they want, ugh those ignorant 12 yo's, stupid little f*ckers. douches uh obviously. 

Well, a wake up call - you're 28, deep into video games and an active "contributer" on a video game forum.

even without throwing wild assumptions about the rest of your daily activities, you're doing stuff that are as socially acceptable as 12 yo's playing GTA. 

now figure out for yourself how acceptable that is.

Not that dwelling in a forum and playing video games at 28 is bad, I'm saying neither is wrong. 

a 12 years old can comprehend everything GTA has to offer.

Not all 12 year olds are the same. The point is, the OP (and others), informed parents of the actuality of the video game. They provided the parent with the knowledge they required to make a good decision about THEIR children. If they choose to purchase it anyway, so be it, it was an informed decision. That's all this is. Helping parents understand what they are buying their children. 

No need to put down a 28 year old who has grown up with video games all around him and still enjoys them as a form of entertainment. That's just kind of low. Some adults go to movies, some go to couples game nights, some play video games. I prefer the latter. 

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Just picked up my copy at gamestop and only one person was in front of me. A mom.

GS: says ok looks like your all paid off!

Mom: Anything i should know about this game?

GS: Well its pretty explicit...

Mom: How do you mean?

GS: Well there is drug use, prostitution and violence...

Mom: Really!?

GS: how old is your kid?

Mom: 12 and 15...

GS: I dont recommend it then...

Me: Mam I am 28 and I would not buy this for my 15 year old...

Mom: Really? Well are there any other games coming out?

GS: New COD in November...

Mom: Lets transfer the money to that then

Now im sure there are a bunch of you 15 yr olds raging and are gonna flame me which only furthers my thoughts... Maybe you wouldn't be such a douche if you had more involved parents!

I'm not saying playing GTA V alone makes you douche bags its more of a packaged deal of having parents who have their heads in the sand....

Now i also know how having a personal opinion goes around here so proceed.....

My GTA just finished installing! Time for prostitution, Drugs and Violence!!!

That's great because it could be for some kids here in the forum!

I used to play GTA when I was 10, but I didn't whine and troll at forums

shitposter
  • shitposter

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

When did Jack Thompson get an account here?

• IveGotNoValues likes this

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by [ÁT], 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM.

Not all 12 year olds are the same. The point is, the OP (and others), informed parents of the actuality of the video game. They provided the parent with the knowledge they required to make a good decision about THEIR children. If they choose to purchase it anyway, so be it, it was an informed decision. That's all this is. Helping parents understand what they are buying their children.

I feel this point, I agree that parents should be informed properly of the games their children play but it is VERY difficult to take OP seriously after he snatched GTA away from the kid and then failed to inform the concerned mother about the extremely graphic nature of CoD and then flings insults towards people. His post wreaks of belligerent d*ck-waving, like he's bragging about stealing candy from a baby while trying to appear on the moral highground because candy for babies is bad.

bergein
  • bergein

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Everyone yelling at the op the game says 17+ it should be that way.

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Lol responses are awesome... Btw I never said I have a kid

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

I think cod is a much worse game than GTA for kids because cod's is centered on war and killing while GTA has more to offer. I played SA when I was arround 11-12 and I'm normal (well I'm a little bit crazy but everyone has a little bit of crazyness inside of them :p) and to be honest I had more fun just driving in SA than hanging around killing everybody

ShaneHaughey
  • ShaneHaughey

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

You're getting flamed but I support the decision to inform the parent. She should know what the content is of the game she is purchasing for her children, and if she finds it inappropriate then it is her right to transfer. We always bitch and moan that parents need to actually pay attention and this is an example of why. Now some kids will be sad because the parent was ignorant until now. Hopefully she'll pay more attention in the future.

Louismkd
  • Louismkd

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Haha, my brother is only 15 now, and he grew up playing San Andreas, never did him any harm. I played GTA from a young age as well. Its just a game..

IMr_SmithI
  • IMr_SmithI

Nigga rich productions

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by IMr_SmithI, 17 September 2013 - 07:18 PM.

I for one DO NOT WANT 12yr olds playing GTAonline....

So well done OP...
  • NADOLNY and bergein like this

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

So thanks to you, activision made money insted of R*.....
  • IMr_SmithI likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users