Photo

gta v is a let down

122 replies to this topic
Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:06 AM Edited by elburrosleftnut, 18 September 2013 - 05:06 AM.

These threads in a nutshell:

Driving sucks in V (posted same thing 500 times today)

Hurr duurr V iz bes gam evur!!!1!!  shud uhp nuhb geht out khid (excepts no criticism blinded by fanboyism)

DatassGTA
  • DatassGTA

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

I know right! I remember when video games used to be realistic...guys? am I right guys?!

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

I know right! I remember when video games used to be realistic...guys? am I right guys?!

One aspect suddenly makes all of the realistic concepts and aspects of the game unrealistic? What the f*ck has GTAForums become.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

Lmfao, I'm sorry for accidentally liking your post as I'm roaming on my phone, I see I've hurt your feelings and I sense you feel some sort of Internet betrayal as you thought I liked how you expressed your biased and tasteless opinion. You're showing yourself up and proving you have nothing better to do than whine about a game on that game's fan forum. If you're not a fan of GTA why did you register to GTAForums? Or if you only like one instalment? Grow up.

How about you grow up and stop making assumptions that I'm not a GTA fan. My opinion is my opinion. And don't start with that "You have nothing better to do" crap because it could be used in any way. "You have nothing better to do than play video games all day" etc. You're a halfwit.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

I think you need to take a few deep breaths.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Nah I think you need to shut up and realize you're on the internet. I see why so many people think you're a moron on these forums :lol:

repgreek
  • repgreek

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Personally I HAVE played gta v and I think the driving sucks ***. In gta IV the driving was really realistic with the weights and damage, where as in gta v if you crash your car at full speed there is a dent, and when you blow up your car it barely looks damaged. 

i personally hate the cartoony gameplay in gta v.

Leave this forum. Now.

airplane7
  • airplane7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

I also think it's a letdown. I mean it looks terrific, but the gameplay is just worse than in gta 4. The slippery driving in that game made it a little challenging and races fun. The weren't hard but fun. In 5 the races are a joke. Also in 4 without the self recharging health the missions were more balanced. All in all it feels like Rockstar lost some "Make it fun" guys for the development of this game. Or maybe because there is just so much stuff in the game they did not have the time to refine it. 

Another thing about the shooting: If someone complains about the auto aim that makes it too easy, someone will say well turn it off then. It's not a good argument because the gameplay was not designed to be played with free aim. It spikes up the difficulty a lot. You can't get good free aim from cover. Also the game doesn't reward it in the mission evaluation.

I hope Rockstar will make better games in the future again. Max Payne 3 was great...

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

I also think it's a letdown. I mean it looks terrific, but the gameplay is just worse than in gta 4. The slippery driving in that game made it a little challenging and races fun. The weren't hard but fun. In 5 the races are a joke. Also in 4 without the self recharging health the missions were more balanced. All in all it feels like Rockstar lost some "Make it fun" guys for the development of this game. Or maybe because there is just so much stuff in the game they did not have the time to refine it. 

Another thing about the shooting: If someone complains about the auto aim that makes it too easy, someone will say well turn it off then. It's not a good argument because the gameplay was not designed to be played with free aim. It spikes up the difficulty a lot. You can't get good free aim from cover. Also the game doesn't reward it in the mission evaluation.

I hope Rockstar will make better games in the future again. Max Payne 3 was great...

Dude, who's your dealer? He's selling the best stuff, apparently.

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, ......

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Personally I HAVE played gta v and I think the driving sucks ***. In gta IV the driving was really realistic with the weights and damage, where as in gta v if you crash your car at full speed there is a dent, and when you blow up your car it barely looks damaged. 

i personally hate the cartoony gameplay in gta v.

driving sucks *** :^: :^: Indeed!

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

besides the driving (which i admit needs to fixed but its not THAT bad)

and the car damage (which is the biggest problem in the game at the moment imo)

i dont understand how a game as great as this can be called a let down....

every game has problems and i only found 2...

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, ......

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

only found 2...

But they are major ,for game call it self ''Grand Theft Auto''!

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

I think we should start applying the "if you want realistic do it in real life" to about every feature in the game.  Why bother having more realistic shooting or flying controls or etc.?

mooonlights
  • mooonlights

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Yeah why bother having a realistic storyline, good characters, and good graphics? That stuff's for real life!

natsamson
  • natsamson

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Im not joking, but this forum has turned into a complete trash heap since GTA V, what the hell is the problem its still an ace game, just a few patches on some minor things and it will be even better.

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

yeh true

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

If ya having game problems i feel bad for ya son i got 99 problems but GTA V ain't 1! 

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Nah I think you need to shut up and realize you're on the internet. I see why so many people think you're a moron on these forums :lol:

Your point is invalid. Not so many people think I'm a moron. Look how many posts you've got in such a short amount of time. Something tells me you crave the need to argue and make idiotic posts. I won't derail this topic by responding to your blatantly ignorant and idiocy any longer.

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Yeh that's true

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Not that you care but so far I'm enjoying it... :)

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

I agree...

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I long for the day that GTA VI is released and everyone starts praising this game as the best GTA ever.

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Omg if you liked the driving in IV then how could you not like it in V? It's almost the exact same but even better

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Why did people keep coming on hear to complain like we give a sh*t. Its your own fault if you cant enjoy this great game

Alysha Nett
  • Alysha Nett

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

My main problem with V is that you don't feel like a part of the criminal underworld as you did in the previous titles.

Vega Fve
  • Vega Fve

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

1364344393918.jpg

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

I expected a game that was anything but flawless that I would, nevertheless, enjoy immensely. I got a game that was anything but flawless that, despite the flaws, I have been enjoying immensely. GTA V hasn't let me down.

Vega Fve
  • Vega Fve

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by Vega Fve, 29 September 2013 - 05:49 PM.

My main problem with V is that you don't feel like a part of the criminal underworld as you did in the previous titles.

You're not meant to feel like you're a part of the criminal underworld in GTA 5.

GTA 4 was all about russian mobs and italian families. GTA 5 is about a small group of expert thieves pulling off heists on various marks, without any kind of maffia involvement. There is no "criminal underworld" in San Andreas. Or at least it's not highlighted in this game.

mitchskaterr
  • mitchskaterr

Gamer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

*sigh* what's next? OMG YOU CAN CARRY ALOT OF GUNS IN YOUR POCKET! SO UNREALSTIC PRE ORDER CANCELED! yeah, it's a game not real life.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Not really. The soundtrack is good, the driving is good, the story is 2nd to IV's but underrated by many of the negative people on this forum. It is all good. Not perfect but this game feels expensively made and pushes the consoles limits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users