gta v is a let down

122 replies to this topic
Adecool
  • Adecool

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

GTAIV felt like you driving on ice, it was terrible. 

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 17 September 2013 - 08:06 PM.

Personally I HAVE played gta v and I think the driving sucks ***. In gta IV the driving was really realistic with the weights and damage, where as in gta v if you crash your car at full speed there is a dent, and when you blow up your car it barely looks damaged. 

i personally hate the cartoony gameplay in gta v.

I stopped reading at realistic... you obviously never drived a car before

That's because you're an idiot fanboy, he clearly said  realistic with the weights and damage, not overall.

I keep saying the same, he obviously never drived a car in real life, and stop being a dick I was not even talking to you

I drive every day in real life and IV's handling is the closest you can get to a real car's handling in an open world game.

Closest you can get to realistic in a open world game? Agree with you, but it's nowhere near reality

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by NathanT, 17 September 2013 - 08:07 PM.

People do realize it's a game right? The driving isn't supposed to be too realistic, it's a game......

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:19 PM Edited by sjaak327, 17 September 2013 - 08:20 PM.

gta 5 driving is closer to driving in real life. in gta 4, you could not make a turn without hitting the brakes, unless if you were going as slow as a snail. That's not realistic. Gta 5 reflects realistic driving

Please don't say silly things. GTAIV's driving was much much closer to reality than V's driving. I am not saying that IV"s driving was very realistic, but a hell of a lot more than V's that's for sure.

A little tip, in real life, people usually hit the brakes before hitting a turn, depending on the angle and speed of course. In real life, cars do cost money, lives and limbs are also a concern..

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

What's with all the hate for the driving? If anything then it's the car damage that is too resistant compared to IV - or too weak because they easily explode if you hit the ground on the roof from air. I would understand it then.

The driving is actually even better than I expected.

ayepocalypse
  • ayepocalypse

--Click Here--

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by ayepocalypse, 17 September 2013 - 08:25 PM.

I'd rather have the handling like burnout paradise. The handling was so arcady but it was fun. Key point of a game: fun

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

The game is absolutely perfect except for the driving.

The only problem is driving is the main part so it's a pretty big flaw.

Starz
  • Starz

Niko

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

The handling isn't as bad as if everyone makes it out to be, GTA V is amazing :)

kristy349
  • kristy349

Grand Theft Auto V :)

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

If u want realistic driving get your license and a car.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

The game is absolutely perfect except for the driving.

The only problem is driving is the main part so it's a pretty big flaw.

Except it's only a flaw to some people, not everyone. Imagine that. 

JvG-90
  • JvG-90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:28 PM Edited by JvG-90, 17 September 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Driving in V is perfect, I just love it. Driving in IV sucked balls. Fun and smooth, that's how it feels in V. In my opinion more important then realistic driving.

And about the realistis-bullsh*t: it's a game. If you want real-life driving, just turn of your console, go outside and take a real car.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Personally I HAVE played gta v and I think the driving sucks ***. In gta IV the driving was really realistic with the weights and damage, where as in gta v if you crash your car at full speed there is a dent, and when you blow up your car it barely looks damaged. 

V4ppwla.jpg

hahahaha

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

1. The driving in GTA IV was not realistic

2. The driving is GTA V is excellent.

/thread

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Let down? I was having losts of fun last night and today as Franklin and Michael on

Spoiler
. That was fun as hell and had me excited. I have also been excited of how awesome the city looks at night. Real next gen sh*t.

kspence92
  • kspence92

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Your opinion is wrong. Fact. Sorry I might sound like an ass but it's a fact that you are wrong here.

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Lol people don't want to admit it

Landotel
  • Landotel

Shotgun!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

I don't have any problems with the driving it's great and works well. I myself have GTA V, Midnight Club Los Angeles, and 3 Dub Edition. Personally Midnight Club's handling is different from GTA V. Just to let you know GTA IV was a boat like handling it was hard and stiff (depending what car you have) now in GTA V it is way better. :r*:  Thanks R* for great handling  :lol:  

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

Agreed it is. More focus on Online, f*ck single player - that's their logic.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

Registered so recently I can use my fingers. Seems as if you registered just to smack talk V. You can't even make a decent argument so don't even bother.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

Getting real tired of you and Stingray's sh*t.

D-lloydThaTitan
  • D-lloydThaTitan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

The game is great! I don't understand how anybody could be disappointed

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

wow now im really leaving these forums... I certainly had my doubts about driving before i played the game, but now, i can say it's easily a major improvement over IV.  The whole game is.  f*cking negative nancys dont get one thing they want and then they take it out on the whole game.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

The driving in V is much more fluid and fun than IV, I don't understand all the whiners. If you love the old driving just stick with IV, cause your complaining isn't gonna change the new driving.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

Not sure what copy of V you were playing, but the damage is amazing on mine, low speed hits broke out my windows and left the front scratched and dented, high speeds made the car alot worse, sometimes the wheel wouldn't move or the handling got worse. It left the car looking pretty f*cked up.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

Just to add my two cents.

I think GTAV is too arcadey...but just by the barest margin.  If collisions had more impact I'd be happy.

Really the arcadey feeling only hits me when I try to mess around with motorcycles. They don't slip now.  At all.  Zero.  And wheelies and stoppies seem a hell of a lot harder to pull off

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

So shut up and get off the forums? My job isn't to please you or anyone! :lol: It's my opinion, don't like it then here is a tip: don't go onto the internet!

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

I think its perfect. And you can really feel the difference between the three characters. (as with shooting and flying planes/helicopters)

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

So shut up and get off the forums? My job isn't to please you or anyone! :lol: It's my opinion, don't like it then here is a tip: don't go onto the internet!

Or maybe you could stop whining and do something productive with your life.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

Or maybe you could stop whining and do something productive with your life.

You liked my post but then you say that to me? That's equivalent to liking someone's post on Facebook when you know they're talking bad about you.

You don't know what I do with my life I'm just expressing my opinion towards the video game. Is that a sin on GTAForums, a message board? I swear to god it is like a cesspit here, you can't be different, you can't have an opinion, if you type a post longer than 3 paragraphs you have no life, if you have disappointments you have no life and/or do not do anything productive, regardless if the person doesn't even know what the hell you look like. That is great logic. Go the hell away if you can't accept people's opinions on a forums. People like to express their feelings, deal with it Prominent Fate.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

Lmfao, I'm sorry for accidentally liking your post as I'm roaming on my phone, I see I've hurt your feelings and I sense you feel some sort of Internet betrayal as you thought I liked how you expressed your biased and tasteless opinion. You're showing yourself up and proving you have nothing better to do than whine about a game on that game's fan forum. If you're not a fan of GTA why did you register to GTAForums? Or if you only like one instalment? Grow up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users