gta v is a let down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic
Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm assuming that everyone on this thread have only driven as franklin and have forgotten that his special ability gives the player better handling on all vehicles along with better vehicle resilience. 

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

I LOVE the driving.

RoezCity
  • RoezCity

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

I say you should drive more vehicles. I jumped on a motorcycle and hated the way it felt. Then I rode an entirely different motorcycle, and loved the way it handled. Different rides, different handling.

• Distrom likes this

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'm assuming that everyone on this thread have only driven as franklin and have forgotten that his special ability gives the player better handling on all vehicles along with better vehicle resilience. 

thats bullsht, driving is the same

• Hypertenzion likes this

joejoebaggin
  • joejoebaggin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

so this game is a let down becuase of driving?... i find the driving fine. If you dont like the dricing go play a racing game because you are obv rating this game on its driving.

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

People saying V driving is realistic clearly have never driven a real vehicle.

You are all more than welcome to drive a rear wheel drive vehicle at 50 mph in a straight line and pull a hard turn whilst holding down the accelerator, but please do it off the roads because you may be surprised to see what happens IE you don't just turn perfectly without losing grip.

THIS  

f*cking V Fanboys...

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

You made like 5 topics about how dissapointed you are with the game.

Man, sell the game, and stop making rant threads, you look like a little boy.

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

banana fish :)

rave2012
  • rave2012

Snitch

• Members

The driving is awesome

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

IV's handling wasn't realistic. It had realistic elements such as having to slow down before turning. I enjoyed it, except for the sliding that cars would do even at reasonable speeds.

V's handling is video game handling, not simulator handling. Not everyone will be happy with it but most will be satisfied. 

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

I COMPLETELY disagree. When I was watching the streams yeah, I thought it was a possibility that the driving could suck; but it is AWESOME. Honestly, they made great improvements there.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

I like the driving and I'm satisfied with the damage, I'm used to it now, but I really had fun with the damaging system in GTA IV.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:16 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 17 September 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Personally I HAVE played gta v and I think the driving sucks ***. In gta IV the driving was really realistic with the weights and damage, where as in gta v if you crash your car at full speed there is a dent, and when you blow up your car it barely looks damaged. 

i personally hate the cartoony gameplay in gta v.

I stopped reading at realistic... you obviously never drived a car before

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

People saying V driving is realistic clearly have never driven a real vehicle.

You are all more than welcome to drive a rear wheel drive vehicle at 50 mph in a straight line and pull a hard turn whilst holding down the accelerator, but please do it off the roads because you may be surprised to see what happens IE you don't just turn perfectly without losing grip.

THIS  
f*cking V Fanboys...

Funny thing is if you try to take a corner at 100mph without braking at all you wouldn't slide. You'd f*cking roll over no matter what kind of carnyour in.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Only thing I don't like so far about the driving controls is the gas/brake function cannot be altered...grrrr - I really HATE having to use the trigger buttons for gas/brake. Other than that, so far I think they outdid themselves with this game.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Only thing I don't like so far about the driving controls is the gas/brake function cannot be altered...grrrr - I really HATE having to use the trigger buttons for gas/brake. Other than that, so far I think they outdid themselves with this game.

That's because of shooting while I'm the car. It would be really hard other wise. Actually maybe not

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

please get the f*ck OUT bitchhhh

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

Okay "User14", whatever you say.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Lesotho

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

z8gWA.png

Please stop making these sh*tty topics. If you don't like it, don't play it, and especially don't make topic after topic...

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

its true

notgonlie
  • notgonlie

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by notgonlie, 17 September 2013 - 07:36 PM.

gta 5 driving is closer to driving in real life. in gta 4, you could not make a turn without hitting the brakes, unless if you were going as slow as a snail. That's not realistic. Gta 5 reflects realistic driving

you are a dumbass. you seriously think its closer to real life driving? im assuming your 12 and have never driven a car in your life but a quad and porsche dont have the same engine LOL. please show me real life where a mustang can swerve back and forth on a road at top speed and not loose control once. please show me a normal car that can hit a wall going 130 and not get a single scratch. "reflects realistic driving" hahahaha. Then what is gta 4? slower, balanced, more variety, realistic results to your movement, SOMETHING THAT TOOK SKILL. Jesus this forum is stupid.

I understand people saying they dont mind it, or they can deal with it. but the people that seriously believe its more realistic and 4 was not are straight up delusional. 

• Omar_DmX and Boxman108 like this

Danny-Vain
  • Danny-Vain

X.X.I.I.I

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Why the much hate? Everyone who disagrees with the driving and damage physics seem to be shot on sight on this forum. This forum is for talking about what we like and dont like about GTA, what we find and what we cannot find, its about both sides, I feel like sometimes arguing with someone on GTAForums is like arguing with a One Directioner or Justin Bieber fan, too much obsessiveness, and believe its all PERFECT because you love the franchise so much. 
Accept it, there are people who disagree with the driving, and with observation it seems that fans of San Andreas are the ones who love the new driving.
GTA IV was fun because it was a learning step, it was a challenge, driving was fun because it was unexpected, a bit like real cars if you drive at high speeds. 

• Zeta87 likes this

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:41 PM Edited by Thatdirehit, 17 September 2013 - 07:43 PM.

gta 5 driving is closer to driving in real life. in gta 4, you could not make a turn without hitting the brakes, unless if you were going as slow as a snail. That's not realistic. Gta 5 reflects realistic driving

you are a dumbass. you seriously think its closer to real life driving? im assuming your 12 and have never driven a car in your life but a quad and porsche dont have the same engine LOL. please show me real life where a mustang can swerve back and forth on a road at top speed and not loose control once. please show me a normal car that can hit a wall going 130 and not get a single scratch. "reflects realistic driving" hahahaha. Then what is gta 4? slower, balanced, more variety, realistic results to your movement, SOMETHING THAT TOOK SKILL. Jesus this forum is stupid.

I understand people saying they dont mind it, or they can deal with it. but the people that seriously believe its more realistic and 4 was not are straight up delusional. 

And 4 is somehow more realistic than 5? Yeah I don't think so. Last I time I checked a slight and sharp right turn did not send me in my car spinning out of control when driving at a reasonable speed. 

It's safe to say that both are video games and are reflecting video game physics NOT real life physics. It just so happens that the majority prefers V's to IV's. 

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by Tuniturntablist, 17 September 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Personally I HAVE played gta v and I think the driving sucks ***. In gta IV the driving was really realistic with the weights and damage, where as in gta v if you crash your car at full speed there is a dent, and when you blow up your car it barely looks damaged. 

That's because you're an idiot fanboy, he clearly said realistic with the weights and damage, not overall.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:44 PM Edited by Zeta87, 17 September 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Danny-Vain, on 17 Sept 2013 - 9:39 PM, said:

"GTA IV was fun because it was a learning step, it was a challenge, driving was fun because it was unexpected, a bit like real cars if you drive at high speeds."

:^:

• Boxman108 likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

That's because you're an idiot fanboy, he clearly said  realistic with the weights and damage, not overall.

I keep saying the same, he obviously never drived a car in real life, and stop being a dick I was not even talking to you

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Starting to think that all these trolls are butthurt PC gamers.

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

That's because you're an idiot fanboy, he clearly said  realistic with the weights and damage, not overall.

I keep saying the same, he obviously never drived a car in real life, and stop being a dick I was not even talking to you

I drive every day in real life and IV's handling is the closest you can get to a real car's handling in an open world game.

• Boxman108 likes this

GTA5FAN055
  • GTA5FAN055

XBOX GT GTA5FAN055

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

OP and anyone complaining about driving in V what the f*ck were you expecting the driving isnt what makes the game personally i thought IV was good V is better it just takes time to get used to the newness of it, 

bergein
  • bergein

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

The driving can be changed you just have to upgrade your car i just maxed out a muscle car and it handles way diff then the cars in the first part of the game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users