Photo

Engine sounds

19 replies to this topic
kaasje
  • kaasje

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hey all,

I'm not complaining or anything, I absolutely love the game so far.

I just want to know, if anyone else also barely hears the engine sounds? Or could it be a setting or something I have to change? 

They sound really cool, especially compared to the ones in IV, but it's pretty dissapointing that it's quite hard to hear them.

dirtbag11
  • dirtbag11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

yeah i can't really hear them they are abit weak

JacoBee
  • JacoBee

Still waiting...

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Just tone every sound option down beside SFX and thats all you can do...saddly nothing change much.

You can upgrade your engine and then you can hear it nicely but beside that it sucks :/

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

music and other volumes down, special effects volume up, there you go :beerhat:

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

The engine sounds are low, but try some adjustments. It made it a little better for me.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well, try to use earphones, seriously.

I use one exactly like this:

http://www.blibli.co....cv9fsIONKt.jpg

Well, you'll only hear the game sound... it's perfect, you hear the sound of the tires hitting the holes on the street asphalt. it's real nice!

kaasje
  • kaasje

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

I really don't like using earphones.

I'll just try to find the right balance between the volumes I guess.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

I really don't like using earphones.

I'll just try to find the right balance between the volumes I guess.

I don't like too, my ears get some pain after some time, but... this type of earphones are the best I've got (i said type - not model) at now... maybe more expensive models can offer me more confort, but... pay 200 dollar is not cool...

These models from sony, i tried but the but the soundproofing is not very good.

But well, at least, using earphones you won't hear the "real life" ambient sound.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

I cant comment on engine snds since I dont have my copy yet... but on earphones, I like this type, I have a pair of these Panasonics,

http://compare.ebay....mTypes&var=sbar

The reason I like these is because they're on the outside of your ear, not sticking into it, they dont seal your ear canal off causing the "boom, boom, boom" when you're walking, they have much better bass tones. They're also inexpensive, cost me $7 I think. I've used them multiple times a week for about 3 years, still working fine, just the spongy cover is degrading.

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Get a new head sets or speakers.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Engine volume is unfortunately low, but as others have pointed out this can be tweaked by lowering the music volume etc..

IMHO a lot of the big-beast cars could use some more V8/V10/V12 engine noise (That deep loud roar ). A lot of them sound kinda "weak" :dontgetit:

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Engine volume is unfortunately low, but as others have pointed out this can be tweaked by lowering the music volume etc..

IMHO a lot of the big-beast cars could use some more V8/V10/V12 engine noise (That deep loud roar ). A lot of them sound kinda "weak" :dontgetit:

*sigh*deng if this is true.i was looking forward to engine sounds.

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

I too am a fan of engine revving sounds etc wish they were more apparent.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by Hypertenzion, 17 September 2013 - 06:19 PM.

*sigh*deng if this is true.i was looking forward to engine sounds.

But remember: I'm not saying ALL cars are like that.

Those cars that has that nice big-beast roar are infact amazing - But unfortunately a lot of the cars where you expect that deep V8 roar lacks it.

kaasje
  • kaasje

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by kaasje, 17 September 2013 - 06:23 PM.

I've got the music volume at 0 now, it still isn't great but at least better than before.

Totally agree with you, besides the engines aren't loud enough, alot of the trucks sound the same as in IV.

But it's a small thing, I'm not really bothered about the truck sounds anymore.

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Thug

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:31 PM Edited by TheTruthOnly, 17 September 2013 - 06:32 PM.

Thank God that they change that awful, bad sound modulator from IV. Almost every car sound like a vacuum or small motorbike when you accelerate. Only idle sounds were good. Now cars in V sound like they should! I also noticed that engines are a little too quiet, but that doesn't really matter. What was really bad is now fixed.

vibe92
  • vibe92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Engine sounds are quiet, but easily tweaked by turning SFX up, everything else down and turn the TV master volume up a little. Sounds perfect. A lot of the cars sound better once you've modified them with a turbo.

MRinBlack
  • MRinBlack

Couldnt give a f*ck

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Just do up the car my cars sound like animals and spit fire out th exhaust plus you can indimidate people when u pull up at lights and rev your engine nearly got me capped off the ballad a nice few times

Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

I have really good speakers and suffered from the same issue. Then I plugged in the Astros. So try headphones/headset.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Can't wait to actually hear them myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users