driving physics sucks on GTA V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic
Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

completely ignoring and leaving out of the game essential things like suspension and body roll, weight shifting, on road/off road conditions,

*long sigh*

Sigh all you want, a Range Rover turning a corner at 40 mph and showing no signs of body roll is ridiculous. 

12337_16961.jpg

But it don't matter right ? You're just happy you can drive like a maniac, never touching the brakes, turning corners at 50 mph with no restrictions. Ahhhh, the Golden Age of gaming. :')

No. I'm happy that they improved the driving dramatically.

And I am sure as f*ck not going to be leaving another reply because there is nooo way I'm going to argue this with you.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

As you wish.

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

都真寿

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

The OP may not sound legit, but is definitely right. Period.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Homie

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

The driving is very Arcady. If you get into a Sabre Turbo that has a 550ci emblem just in front of the door (that I would take to mean a 550 cubic inch engine), floor the accelerator, and barely do any burn out at all, there is definitely something wrong. I had to install every upgrade to a Banshee to do a donut like a stock 1980 mustang would do no problem.
The funnest part of driving is being at the edge of control and with the current physics its almost impossible to get that feeling unless your in a supercar. Also its funny people compare it to Mario Kart and say that its fine, and the guys that say they are drifting fine need to get their heads checked or look at some real drifting cause as soon as the cars go sideways in GTA V they loose all power instead of being able to power through it like an actual drift. SLIDING SIDEWAYS WITH AN EBRAKE ISN'T A DRIFT!

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

^Plus, Rockstar stated pre release that the driving in V would be ''the driving of GTA IV with a couple of tweaks and fixes''... yeah sure, my ass. If by tweaks and fixes, they mean completely ignoring and leaving out of the game essential things like suspension and body roll, weight shifting, on road/off road conditions, than yes that makes a whole lot of f*cking sense. Things that you know .. make you feel like you're in an environment with some damn gravity and air, to make you feel like your pushing the machine you're driving to its limit. Sure yeah its fun weaving through traffic at 200 mph in a supercar, but it requires no f*cking skill at all. It's not just about ''turning easier'', but also having a different feel to all cars. In GTA IV, you knew the Sentinel was light as sh*t, you knew it could turn easily, you could feel it in the joystick. Same thing with the Patriot, you knew that motherf*cker would plow through everything in its way, no f*cks given. But you can't do this in V can you, huh ? If you get surrounded by police cars in a Sandking XL, no matter how big your truck is and how much it weights, you're f*cked. Nothing will move. And you call this an improvement ? Hell, even Saints Row has more believable physics than that ! Its just a shame Rockstar listened too much to the whiners, they'd be better off acting like EA and showing a golden finger to those complaining about the wrong stuff.

Eeeeeeexactly. Having a single cop car ram into the back of my Patriot sending it sprawling across the road only to be magically boxed in by an immoveable car (of any size) can be game ruining. There is no good reason that this should happen and it sucks the fun out of so many different aspects of the game.

In previous GTAs (and every other similar game for that matter) If I saw someone taking cover behind their car I would just ram into their car so it crushes them against something or knocks them to the ground, giving me time to either shove the car on top of them or shoot them. Now If I try the same thing, my 6,500 pound Patriot is stopped instantly by their 3,400 pound sports car and they can pop up and shoot me in the face. What kind of bull sh*t is that?!?

I should have been able to shove that little car right on top of your even littler body, that way its a fair fight at least. The guy on foot could take me out before I get close to him with some well placed shots but if I get close without being shot I should be able to use my 6,500 pound Patriot as an instrument of death and put myself or other heavy things (like cars) in the area on top of him. Not just get f*cked over because instead of pushing the car on top of him it just brought me to a halt allowing the guy on foot to shoot at my now slowly reversing head.

I don't get how people can't see the problem with this...

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 06 December 2013 - 12:22 AM.

@Above:

Yeah its a real pain in the ass. Also, does anyone remembers the first mission where we see Trevor, where he pushes an entire mobile home or something into a river. Alright, cool right ?! Nope. Try pushing a Blista or an Issi (mini cooper) outta your way. Good luck with that. And what's up with cars exploding when I crush them with a truck ? I backed up on an SUV and it blew itself and me up. Seems to take the fun out of one of my favorite GTA Activities, Truck Ramming.

• Buford T Justice and ViceCityStalker like this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 06 December 2013 - 12:32 AM.

I know this isn't driving related but needed to vent somewhere haha. My only real complaint about cars in V in general is that smashing into them is so anti-climactic.

Driving a huge Semi into a car just causes some dents and broken glass for the most part. Cars don't flip that often at all. So many times I'm disappointed to see cars stay on all 4 wheels and slide 5 feet across the road when they should be rolling furiously after a huge high speed hit.

• Buford T Justice and ViceCityStalker like this

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

I know this isn't driving related but needed to vent somewhere haha. My only real complaint about cars in V in general is that smashing into them is so anti-climactic.

Driving a huge Semi into a car just causes some dents and broken glass for the most part. Cars don't flip that often at all. So many times I'm disappointed to see cars stay on all 4 wheels and slide 5 feet across the road when they should be rolling furiously after a huge high speed hit.

This is probably the worst in this driving and have something with the supergrip so cars dont slide/flip over after crash, they just stay like rocks. They tried to bring something from 3D era driving probably but unfortunately it fells like some cheap old Hard Truck game or NFS (the crashing part).

• Buford T Justice likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:27 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 06 December 2013 - 04:29 AM.

I'll be the first to admit I prefer IV's driving.

What I liked was how I could really powerslide the cars around corners.

At first I felt like V's cars just stuck to the road. After I was able to fully mod every car I stole, I found a few that give me a comparable and slightly faster experience.

But yeah it is different.

OpenWorld23
  • OpenWorld23

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:58 AM Edited by OpenWorld23, 13 December 2013 - 11:00 AM.

Saints row and gta 4 driving sucked. GTA 5 so far has some of the best driving physics to my experience, and I played through all saints rows and GTAs saints row 3 driving was so bad I flew the VTOL hover bike or the VTOL jet more than driving most of the time. The tank driving physics in saints row 3 was pretty fun because you can smash cars without dammaging the tank. The tank gets damaged badily or destroyed after crushing a few cars because they explode under you and your tank took damage just by running the car over. That was bull sh*t to me because a modern tank in real life can handle crushing tons of cars and light trucks without taking much physical damage. And it's bullsh*t that the GTA 5 tank isn't invincible to bullets like a real tank because what ever the cops/swat have in conventional guns can't do sh*t to a tank in reality.

freedom
  • freedom

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'll be the first to admit I prefer IV's driving.

What I liked was how I could really powerslide the cars around corners.

At first I felt like V's cars just stuck to the road. After I was able to fully mod every car I stole, I found a few that give me a comparable and slightly faster experience.

But yeah it is different.

I love GTA IV's driving too, although I wouldn't say I nesscarily prefer it over GTA V, but I also wouldn't change it. And I wouldn't change GTA V's driving either. I think both handling models are some of the most fun I've had driving in video games!

Though what do you mean about powersliding? You can powerslide pretty nicely in V, no?

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

This is probably the worst in this driving and have something with the supergrip so cars dont slide/flip over after crash, they just stay like rocks. They tried to bring something from 3D era driving probably but unfortunately it fells like some cheap old Hard Truck game or NFS (the crashing part).

Your Hard Truck reference just made my day. Though I think even that game did a better job dealing with tonnage rights. At least if your truck hit a car in that game it would send it flying and your 80,000 pound truck got to keep it's momentum going.

I don't think trailers weigh anything in GTA V. Big ole big rig trailers just bounce off traffic like nothing. Would have been nice to be able to f*ck sh*t up with that 53 foot trailer swinging around behind my truck.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Fall 2014 | GTA V for PC

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

He says that, but he never played Just Cause 2, JC2 driving physics are crap, it's horrible.

OpenWorld23
  • OpenWorld23

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by OpenWorld23, 14 December 2013 - 08:56 PM.

BlackScout; saints row uses the same engine as just cause and yea they both sucked for driving even thogh they improved it slightly but not much in just cause 2. It's because just cause and saints row installments are extensive and crazy so they don't need to add the best open world physics. Thogh I do wish they would at least try to improve the havoc engine in their next game. The just cause 2 driving was pretty bad, your right about that. The cars steer way to quickly causing me to lose controll at high speeds. GTA never really had that problem even in the 3D universe.

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

GTA V Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

I love the handling but I think the damage could be a bit better.... hitting a wall at 200mph in an Adder (no armor upgrades) only pops the hood open and cracks a headlight? Hmm...

I still come back to GTA IV just to smash cars and play a few minutes of LCPDFR, only to get bored then hop back on GTA V :D

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

Thug

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

that pic is just too funny hahahahah 

Rizqan
  • Rizqan

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

It doesn't bad for me, but it's fine, since I watching the first driving video, I very like watching the shaking camera when the cars driving more faster.

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

The sh*t driving still bugs me. It's less realistic than IV was (even if IV was "boat-like"). Guess it doesn't bother most people, as most people don't know how to drive fast or play driving games that much.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, ViceCityStalker and Kampret like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

completely ignoring and leaving out of the game essential things like suspension and body roll, weight shifting, on road/off road conditions,

*long sigh*
Sigh all you want, a Range Rover turning a corner at 40 mph and showing no signs of body roll is ridiculous. 12337_16961.jpg
But it don't matter right ? You're just happy you can drive like a maniac, never touching the brakes, turning corners at 50 mph with no restrictions. Ahhhh, the Golden Age of gaming. :')
No. I'm happy that they improved the driving dramatically.

And I am sure as f*ck not going to be leaving another reply because there is nooo way I'm going to argue this with you.
As if you could even provide a sensible argument. I don't know about you but it bothers me that I can't even take a f*cking SUV off-road without major capability issues. :yawn:

TheWheelmanFromKy
  • TheWheelmanFromKy

Wheelman

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:55 AM

I've been driving my whole life.
They call me the wheelman.
I love the driving on this game.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

The driving physics sure aint that great in V but in comparison the driving physics in Watch Dogs sucks so bad that if the game was a blowjob it would suck your spine out through your cock.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

Driving in GTA V felt like having a return of 3D era such as Vice City, for instance.
Not an impressive at all, though it's not a serious issue for me.
But, I personally enjoyed the driving in GTA IV torally, compared to GTA V.

I don't know why no one at Rockstar realize about the mess up in driving and the physics, but it was definitely disappointing esp. after playing GTA IV.
Really odd to change some thing they managed to improve in IV, and not continue it further.

qfs
  • qfs

Quffy

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:23 AM Edited by qfs, 31 May 2014 - 07:24 AM.

I think someone is pissed because people despise w_d's driving and say gta v is better. 

Apart from that, I don't think rockstar messed it up, they just changed it because they might have seen people complaining about gta iv's driving, and once people played gta v they started saying gta iv was good.

Edit.. I just realized the thread was made in september and it can't be related to w_d. 

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

played all gta games and a lot of driving and racing games and after months of gameplay I myself love the driving/handling in gta v..its a bit easier then past gta games but much more rewarding.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

I don't think rockstar messed it up, they just changed it because they might have seen people complaining about gta iv's driving, and once people played gta v they started saying gta iv was good.02

Is it?
I never realized that the players were so strongly disappointed at the time of GTA IV, since driving and the physics, both were honestly fun.

Well, in this case, I indeed can't blame Rockstar.
Hopefully, there's still room for improving it and to restore by bringing the best aspects of GTA IV's driving.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

One thread on the subject is enough. Use the pinned The Driving Debate thread in the Gameplay section. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users