driving physics sucks on GTA V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic
jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Sorry, but driving sucks big time, feels really cheap, arcade style, no challenge, no skill required, just forward, brake, reverse and turn left or right, no other consideration, no physics.  Good for unskilled players, not for anyone else.

• Rockstar20124 likes this

jongameslap
  • jongameslap

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

I thought the same, at first. However, as I continued to play the game, I actually started to enjoy the driving and all - I felt that it suited the game overall.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Suddenly everyone LOVES the GTA IV driving physics... back when it came out, everyone hated it. Everyone was like ''OMG. DRIVING SUCKS. SEEMS LIKE EVERY CAR IS SLOW AS FUARRKK''

Whiny little bitches.

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Im ok with the vehicles, its the motorcycle physics that are horrid, sanchez without suspension is fail and makes the dirt track races unenjoyable.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Im ok with the vehicles, its the motorcycle physics that are horrid, sanchez without suspension is fail and makes the dirt track races unenjoyable.

Sanchez was very good for off road in GTA IV but there was barely any places to off road. Now in GTA V they give us great map where we can off road but the Sanchez (and other vehicles) physics and handling sucks :(

• B Dawg, Rockstar20124 and XJpostman like this

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

lz6AgG3.gif

is that francis

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Yes it´s a shame what they did.

Basically the sh*tted themselves and didn´t want to cope with millions of cry-babies that wouldn´t be able to get where they want without dramas because they don´t know where the brake trigger is.

And now the situation, translated to shoting, is the same as if everyone was forced to use auto-aim.

• Rockstar20124 likes this

MateenHuzaimie
  • MateenHuzaimie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

Personally I hated the handling in GTA 4 but I love the destruction. I love the driving in GTA 5 and the destruction....meh I guess its ok too.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

rockstar messed up, admit it its the truth

No, Rockstar made out like bandits with the best selling entertainment release ever and got a 100% return on investment DAY ONE. 

You on the other hand are a wanker that made bitchy little topic on a forum... congratulations!

I really like V's driving..

I really Iike IV's driving... 

Mindf*cked yet? 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

No, Rockstar made out like bandits with the best selling entertainment release ever and got a 100% return on investment DAY ONE. 

You on the other hand are a wanker that made bitchy little topic on a forum... congratulations!

I really like V's driving..

I really Iike IV's driving... 

Mindf*cked yet? 

The Powerbalance bracelet also gave huge benefits to their creators. And it was basically a piece of plastic with a magnet that was weared by some famous sportmen and fooled imbeciles.

You have to be an absolut idiot to measure a product´s quality on sales. And the quality of vehicle dynamics in this game is lame, no matter how much it sold.

• Kromix likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

the driving physics are like saints row, 

gta 4 still has the best driving physics.

I kinda agree with you, but its not Saints row ish, thats a lot worse. However its way to arcade ish IMO. GTA IV's driving was tons better, same with how choppers fly.

I love how the planes fligh though.

BlackLightning
  • BlackLightning

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

Um, no. V has much improved IV driving physics. Too bad the cops don't follow any of the rules pertaining to those physics. Otherwise, it might actually be fun to cause mayhem and then get chased around the city. But as it is now, the OP cops make the new driving physics pretty useless. Oh well, on to PS4. 

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Um, no. V has much improved IV driving physics. Too bad the cops don't follow any of the rules pertaining to those physics. Otherwise, it might actually be fun to cause mayhem and then get chased around the city. But as it is now, the OP cops make the new driving physics pretty useless. Oh well, on to PS4. 

Cops are perfect in V, just like they where in Driver 2. Awesome chases and no more retard cops like IV had.

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

How is my 6,400 lb 4WD Patriot not being able to push a compact car like a Sultan out of my way an improvement?

A super car can perform better off road than a truck, how is that an improvement?

I can go from full speed to 0 in 50 feet, no matter what I'm driving. How is that an improvement?

If I run over a motorcycle with my car it will often explode and blow me up, how is that an improvement?

They might have fixed some things but they took huge steps back too.

• B Dawg and XJpostman like this

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

The driving is great for online.

It is so easy you get some excellent chases and don't have everyone just crashing every second because even those with no skills can now easily drive fast.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:55 AM Edited by Kromix, 15 November 2013 - 12:56 AM.

The driving is great for online.

It is so easy you get some excellent chases and don't have everyone just crashing every second because even those with no skills can now easily drive fast.

This is the attitude that is destroying online gaming ... Keep your easy/auto mode out of online gaming please, and go be a superstar in single player instead ...

I agree with OP ...

notsoslimshady14
  • notsoslimshady14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:21 AM Edited by notsoslimshady14, 16 November 2013 - 02:24 AM.

The driving physics in this game are freaking awesome! When I first popped in the game I expected crappy arcady style driving, I have no idea what the f*ck you guys are smoking XD, the driving feels like a good mixture of Midnight Club and GTA 4, with a little bit of arcade mixed in. Whoever said it feels exactly like Saints Row clearly has never played that game...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

The driving physics in this game are freaking awesome! When I first popped in the game I expected crappy arcady style driving, I have no idea what the f*ck you guys are smoking XD, the driving feels like a good mixture of Midnight Club and GTA 4, with a little bit of arcade mixed in. Whoever said it feels exactly like Saints Row clearly has never played that game...

I fully agree. I have beaten every SR game and SR this is not.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:08 AM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 20 November 2013 - 08:46 PM.

We ain't talking about the handling, we're talking about the physics, how our driving impacts the world and how we impact it. There's a difference.

• Buford T Justice likes this

Thunderer08
  • Thunderer08

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

The driving was fine in IV the roads sucked, the driving in V is even better and some cars feel really better than others, The Monroe or the Cognasetti are smooth and very fast...sorry but those who hate should try harder and not whine so friggin much......... also get your driving skill up to100% and there's no problems same with flying all that bumping extra get that up to 100% and flying is fine.

Just make sure your sixaxis is off..... bikes are better without the sideways slide that was famous on Iv but they corner strange but it's something I can live with.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

both iv and v sucks in driving. i rather have arcade 3era driving. gta is not about having to care about driving or having the most realistic game ever made. its about fun. it was always like this but somehow with switching hd era, everything went downhill for me with gta games. i would still like to have any 3era game than new and online based sh*tty hd era games.

xxRichter
  • xxRichter

IT'S WARIO TIME!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

The driving physics is a lot like "Saints row 4" because that was the first game where you could balance your car completely on midair

Although I like GTA V driving physics but it could use some improvements but i don't let it bother me.

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

The driving was fine in IV the roads sucked, the driving in V is even better and some cars feel really better than others, The Monroe or the Cognasetti are smooth and very fast...sorry but those who hate should try harder and not whine so friggin much......... also get your driving skill up to100% and there's no problems same with flying all that bumping extra get that up to 100% and flying is fine.

Just make sure your sixaxis is off..... bikes are better without the sideways slide that was famous on Iv but they corner strange but it's something I can live with.

What?

How are the issues I previously mentioned on this page fine? All the cars feel the same, some are just faster than others. They all super responsive to wheel input, they all react similarly in situations when you loose control, they all drive the same on different road/off road conditions...That doesn't make it good, that makes it boring. Sports cars should respond better than SUVs to wheel input and handling, some vehicles should be easy to drive wildly while others should be more difficult, sports cars and the like should suck off road and SUVs/trucks should excel off road.

The way it is now is boring, very few cars are unique in the way they drive.

• XJpostman likes this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Because easier turning=Dumbed down for everbody lol, The bikes can be improved, but I love driving in this game, every turn doesnt take a herculean effort. Hate being ran over all the time, but ill adjust.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

I think the driving sucks not only because of the crappy arcade feeling and the lack of a 'learning experience' of IV where you could 'master' each class of car and drive with style and skill. I have no desire to even try to 'master' cars in gta V, despite this i'm still winning races so must be doing something right.

No my biggest problem is with the speed limiting. Set a marker at the top of the map when at the bottom, it tells you the distance (around 4 miles), find a straight bit of road and you can accurately measure the speed. Michaels fully tuned up A6 look-a-like manages 94.5mph absolutely flat out, having gone through all the gears. Most normal cars in Gta IV would hit around 150mph, so driving across liberty city at 150mph doesnt take very long, trundling across san andreas at 95mph gifts the map with a feeling of size. I dont think the map is actually much bigger if bigger at all next to IV, because the speed of vehicles is so heavily limited it just feels big. Like taking a faggio across liberty city.

Franklin can reach decent top speeds, but only in his special mode, and the cars slow down very quickly once out of his special mode.

I was still playing IV right upto Vs launch. It had solid replay value because of decent vehicle mechanics, before online was released and i'd completed the main missions I had absolutely no desire to load it up and mess about. V is very good looking, but for me has zero replay value. I'm giving online a chance, but once I get real money in online I think it'll get old fast.

Nice sig fa**ot.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

I think the driving sucks not only because of the crappy arcade feeling and the lack of a 'learning experience' of IV where you could 'master' each class of car and drive with style and skill. I have no desire to even try to 'master' cars in gta V, despite this i'm still winning races so must be doing something right.

No my biggest problem is with the speed limiting. Set a marker at the top of the map when at the bottom, it tells you the distance (around 4 miles), find a straight bit of road and you can accurately measure the speed. Michaels fully tuned up A6 look-a-like manages 94.5mph absolutely flat out, having gone through all the gears. Most normal cars in Gta IV would hit around 150mph, so driving across liberty city at 150mph doesnt take very long, trundling across san andreas at 95mph gifts the map with a feeling of size. I dont think the map is actually much bigger if bigger at all next to IV, because the speed of vehicles is so heavily limited it just feels big. Like taking a faggio across liberty city.

Franklin can reach decent top speeds, but only in his special mode, and the cars slow down very quickly once out of his special mode.

I was still playing IV right upto Vs launch. It had solid replay value because of decent vehicle mechanics, before online was released and i'd completed the main missions I had absolutely no desire to load it up and mess about. V is very good looking, but for me has zero replay value. I'm giving online a chance, but once I get real money in online I think it'll get old fast.

Nice sig fa**ot.

Is that really all you can say after everything he posted?

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Nice sig fa**ot.

Is that really all you can say after everything he posted?

:santa:

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:09 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 20 November 2013 - 09:14 PM.

^Plus, Rockstar stated pre release that the driving in V would be ''the driving of GTA IV with a couple of tweaks and fixes''... yeah sure, my ass. If by tweaks and fixes, they mean completely ignoring and leaving out of the game essential things like suspension and body roll, weight shifting, on road/off road conditions, than yes that makes a whole lot of f*cking sense. Things that you know .. make you feel like you're in an environment with some damn gravity and air, to make you feel like your pushing the machine you're driving to its limit. Sure yeah its fun weaving through traffic at 200 mph in a supercar, but it requires no f*cking skill at all. It's not just about ''turning easier'', but also having a different feel to all cars. In GTA IV, you knew the Sentinel was light as sh*t, you knew it could turn easily, you could feel it in the joystick. Same thing with the Patriot, you knew that motherf*cker would plow through everything in its way, no f*cks given. But you can't do this in V can you, huh ? If you get surrounded by police cars in a Sandking XL, no matter how big your truck is and how much it weights, you're f*cked. Nothing will move. And you call this an improvement ? Hell, even Saints Row has more believable physics than that ! Its just a shame Rockstar listened too much to the whiners, they'd be better off acting like EA and showing a golden finger to those complaining about the wrong stuff.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

completely ignoring and leaving out of the game essential things like suspension and body roll, weight shifting, on road/off road conditions,

*long sigh*

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 20 November 2013 - 09:18 PM.

completely ignoring and leaving out of the game essential things like suspension and body roll, weight shifting, on road/off road conditions,

*long sigh*

Sigh all you want, a Range Rover turning a corner at 40 mph and showing no signs of body roll is ridiculous. 

12337_16961.jpg

But it don't matter right ? You're just happy you can drive like a maniac, never touching the brakes, turning corners at 50 mph with no restrictions. Ahhhh, the Golden Age of gaming. :')

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users