driving physics sucks on GTA V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic
DigitalSpace
  • DigitalSpace

Galaxy

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Did this guy murder the mods or something?

How is he not banned yet?

Why should he get banned ? He just said his opinion.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Love the driving in V.

Physics are for nerds.

: sigh : ... Well, then go back to GTA I. One of the main part, and one of the most complex  things to do of ALL games are physics, asshole. Sorry that you are so ignorant.

Until you actually play the game your opinion is irrelevant here.

RainzFTW
  • RainzFTW

This content is censored by VEVO

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

if you played the game you'd know the driving  is excellent.......the driving mechanics are the same as gta IV, just way more crisp....... 

Just like GTA IV? Kidding me? It changed a whole lot.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by blakeney, 20 September 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Are people still complaining on the driving physics? I find them enjoyable even though I liked GTA4 driving physics as well but I prefer GTA5.

This pretty much sums up how I feel on them.

In the days running up to release, when we had a sh*t storm of "OMG drivin is brokerated" I was worried that it was so bad V was ruined...

I too loved IV's driving, and hate Saints Row's physics.

When I first played V, the first and Only thing I was looking out for was the driving... and I'll admit, the first 5mins scared me!

The are defo more Saints Row then IV........... BUT... once you re-learn to drive in GTA, and once you have driven loads of different cars and modded them etc, you find that the driving is in fact almost perfect for the game!

As much as I Loved IV, looking back at it now... lets be honest... It was more of a "NYC Travel Network Sim" then it was GTA....

Same goes for the damage.... Sure it was nice and satisfying using skill to pound around LC and full speed (insuring you are travelling the right way down the many one way street systems.........) , and it was heart crushing when you had a crash in the nice shiny motor you have just used skills to preserve on a 2 lap trip round LC..

I wouldn't swap V's driving out for IV's though, or the dmg!

This is the first time I have been here for days because I'm sick of seeing how many whiny kids that literally don't know they born lol!

Before anyone has the right to comment on such things, I think they should be forced to spend a few years playing Miami Vice on C64 and having to use their imagination to turn it into anything close to what GTA does..... THEN after 2 years of doing that, will they still cry about the things they do in V?..... I think their tiny minds would explode... just like mine did @ 1am on tuesday! :p

This is another I used to play hardcore as a kid..

THEY are why GTA:V and all the other blow my mind every time!

CaptainChronicV
  • CaptainChronicV

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Sick of all the little girls bitchiпg this forum has gone to shᎥt, car damage is fine , driving physics are better if you don't like them it because you can't drive for shᎥt, graphics look the same on both consoles,

Archangelsky
  • Archangelsky

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Sick of all the little girls bitchiпg this forum has gone to shᎥt, car damage is fine , driving physics are better if you don't like them it because you can't drive for shᎥt, graphics look the same on both consoles,

"Can't drive for sh*t" ????

As I understand it is more difficult to lose control of your car in GTA V then in GTA IV, from the videos I have seen the steering is to responive making it more easy, not less easy to drive well.

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Stop bitching 

lol yet you come to the thread to write that,you KNOW hes right

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

then why the f*ck did you click on this thread?no matter what you say,its not going to stop the girls from complaining 

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Can't drive for sh*t? Your logic fails. Driving in V is far easier than in IV. You actually had to brake in order to handle corners in IV. The handbrake actually was your best friend in IV. Now, the handbrake just wastes a button.

Furthermore, have you been on an ATV or flown a plane? You go from bad car physics to downright TERRIBLE and LAUGHABLE physics for the ATVs/bikes and planes.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

I'd swap V's handling out for IV's any day but V's are still okay.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 20 September 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Love the driving in V.

Physics are for nerds.

: sigh : ... Well, then go back to GTA I. One of the main part, and one of the most complex  things to do of ALL games are physics, asshole. Sorry that you are so ignorant.

I'm sure that, as developer, my opinion matters much more than yours. And I'm not even talking about GTA V this time, but in games in general.

Anyways, I'm leaving the discussing with you, since you are too retarded, it's like trying to talk about programming with a monkey.

Bye.

• Omar_DmX likes this

mawerick_mc
  • mawerick_mc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

No point in arguing, everyone has his own taste, and each one is valid.

To see how the gta community is split, go and vote on this gtaforums pole: this one

so we can see how the people are distributed, and maybe if the split is simetric, suggest rockstar to implement a option in settings menu for driving handling? if not as a patch, at least for future games.

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

yeh true

NasherUK
  • NasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by NasherUK, 20 September 2013 - 08:40 PM.

Everything has FAR to much grip and not enough weight or inertia, that's what makes it feel like mario kart. They are far from being realistic as some claim. If you tried to take a right angle bend at max speed in a real road car you would go straight through the building opposite and deffinately die, not gracefully cruise round it loosing almost no speed or traction.

In GTA V anything except almost straight line driving is basically broken. E.g. You can floor it up a mountain in a sports car and you will climb it at comedy speeds with almost no loss in grip. Quad bikes etc are 10x worse.  While in GTA IV you would reach a point where you just couldn't climb any further, which is how it should be.

They should add an option for more realistic physics (closers to IV's) and arcade mode (GTA V).

• GKP, Boxman108 and flaket like this

silent storm
  • silent storm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

I made an account especially to express my disappointment after 5 years waiting …

• A big part of the replay value of GTA IV was learning to handle each car and the realistic driving experience, now that’s gone… 
  • The reward of driving your car fast and spotless true traffic is gone …
  • Car damage is as good as gone…
  • Controlled handbrake / speed drifts are gone of better said useless now,  just turn the stick and you’ll get the corner

‘Grand theft AUTO’ neglected the AUTO part big time , really sad.

Gta4 sold 25 million copy’s,  why change the driving part then, is 25 million not enough to know people liked it???? I know , simplify and sell a few million more to children (who aren’t supposed to play) and idiots why can’t drive/don’t want to put some effort in learning how to drive.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$  thx to the stockholders I suppose $$$$$$$ I’m really sad

I’m hoping for a download/patch for realistic driving ,pls , I’ll would pay gladly for it.

• GKP and Xx-ADITYA-xX like this

flaket
  • flaket

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:28 PM Edited by flaket, 20 September 2013 - 10:31 PM.

handles just like real life if you have ever driven a car. i have been racing all my life and i love the mario cart feel to it

That has to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard in my entire life. to first say it´s like real life and then say you like the way it feels like mario cart? wth man!

To get back to the subject. I feel like one of those hipsters who are afraid of change when i say i´m really disappointed in the driving with the new GTA. as much as I hate to admit it it feels like this game is meant to be played by 12 year olds. the driving reminds me of the early saints row but not quiet to the same extent. GTA IV was all about realism, with the simulation style driving and yes, it almost got a bit TO much sometimes but GTA V feels a bit silly actually. with the way you can take corners on dirt roads full throttle and contol the car mid air is WAY to arcade like for my taste.

Remember that this is MY OPINION and i don't want someone to write an angry reply all caps saying how bad of a driver i am and how wrong i am.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX and silent storm like this

JackhammerJon
  • JackhammerJon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:50 AM Edited by JackhammerJon, 21 September 2013 - 07:51 AM.

Just to throw my two cents in.

Reading through this thread I feel like no one has ever driven a car before in real life, no one has ever played saints row, everyone forgets what the handling was like before IV, no one has yet to play V, and everyone misremembers what IV was actually like.

You want "realism" (which has yet to be replicated in a game), go play Forza or Gran Turismo.  IV was not realistic;  IV was heavy and weighted.  Heavy and weighted does not equal real.  Well, I guess maybe if your car doesn't have power steering.

In short, IV wasn't realistic.  It's about as much of a realistic representation of driving as CoD/BF are realistic representations of war.  Fact is, they're no where near realistic.

You want realism?  Your character works a 9-5 job making just enough money to pay the bills, you come home to a nagging spouse and kids, you eat, go to sleep, wake up and do it all again.  You do that for 30 years, and if you're lucky, you've saved enough money and you can retire with just enough money to keep a roof on your head, pay for meds, and pay for food just long enough until you die.  Grand Theft Reality.  Heck, your kids will probably shove you in a nursing home.  Mission one:  sponge bath from a nurse.  Misson two:  watch as they change your bed pan.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX and cruelht like this

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

I have a feeling the new physics system / damage system has something to do with being easier on the ram.

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

I have a feeling the new physics system / damage system has something to do with being easier on the ram.

I have a feeling the new physics system / damage system has something to do with being easier for the average 12 year old.

• ballen205 and silent storm like this

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

I love the updated Euphoria, but the driving is so dumb. I will admit it's fun but it is a total step down from IV. I thought they were going to tweak an otherwise great system a little bit, but controlling cars in the air? I can breakdance with my car, it's so dumb. It makes the game so easy, I drive off cliffs, full speed all the time and don't have to worry about totaling my car. But I absolutely love the new wanted system and wonder how well it would work with the old physics.

• Omar_DmX and Xx-ADITYA-xX like this

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

I have a feeling the new physics system / damage system has something to do with being easier for the average 12 year old.

LOL THIS^^

The-_-Meister
  • The-_-Meister

Nevar

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

is anyone even able to make the sharp turns in the races without crashing without using franklin's slow mo stuff.. like serously when im racing ive tryed hand braking the turns normal breaking the turns and slowing down to make them. still i keep wreaking my car even the npc racing cars are having trouble's with the turns. its really stupid. i have failed to find one video of anyone driving in the races that could make the turns without crashing. i even maxed out a couple different cars and its all the same. my only problem is turning is a bitch. 

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Love the driving in V.

Physics are for nerds.

I'm sure that, as developer, my opinion matters much more than yours. And I'm not even talking about GTA V this time, but in games in general.

Anyways, I'm leaving the discussing with you, since you are too retarded, it's like trying to talk about programming with a monkey.

Bye.

You still haven't played the game so why don't you just sit down and wait in line along with the rest of the bitches that only judge from videos.

adrien1988
  • adrien1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Basically, the ones complaining about the driving are the ones who cannot adapt. Afraid of doing something new. Cannot drift? Why is it that I can drift?

As far as I'm concerned, if you're sooking about the driving physics, then you just don't know how to actually drive in this game. Now pack it up, put it away and stop being butthurt because you suck ballsacks at driving in GTAV.

u make me sad boy. gtav driving sucks ass, because u little bitc*es enjoying games like nfs are so many, that R* listened to u when whining about iv. iv was fun. v feels like a gameboy game now. not difficult at all, just stupid. But the sad thing is that the majority of humans are total idiots, and would just buy and praize anything as long as it looks all cool and swaggy. marketing is really f*cking up the world. gtav is a good example... makes me sad

PoopyCock
  • PoopyCock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

They ant really bad at all. You just suck sorry.. But try typing in this cheat " Y RB RB left RB LB RT LB". Gives car a gta IV feel not the same but same feel as it.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

The car handling I like but I have noticed that I am damaging the front car wheels before I damage the car bodies. Then I have to ditch my car and get a new one.

~OFWGKTA~
  • ~OFWGKTA~

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

the driving physics are like saints row, 

gta 4 still has the best driving physics.

rockstar messed up, admit it its the truth

Don't worry, I know a way to fix this...

Simply dont play the game if you don't like it, whining about it isn't going to change it. Besides it's perfect how it is. :die:

MisterT_T
  • MisterT_T

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

You're all f*cking noobs end of story, GTA IV was much more skill required in terms of driving and you coulden't handle that so you call the driving sh*t and that it's like driving on ice and it's impossible to make quick turns without loosing control blablabla. Well it's not! I never lose grip when I drive, and I drive pretty damn fast! It's just that you guys are NOOBS! NOOOBS NOOOOBS! GTA V's driving is so f*cking easy it's just sad, it gives no joy whatsoever as it's easy as hell and gives no challenge... But seriously what the f*ck have they done to bikes? Cars is f*cked up but Bikes is just uber retarded! It's like they took a 180 step backwards! Most retarded sh*t ever!

fargoneonone
  • fargoneonone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

I think the driving sucks not only because of the crappy arcade feeling and the lack of a 'learning experience' of IV where you could 'master' each class of car and drive with style and skill. I have no desire to even try to 'master' cars in gta V, despite this i'm still winning races so must be doing something right.

No my biggest problem is with the speed limiting. Set a marker at the top of the map when at the bottom, it tells you the distance (around 4 miles), find a straight bit of road and you can accurately measure the speed. Michaels fully tuned up A6 look-a-like manages 94.5mph absolutely flat out, having gone through all the gears. Most normal cars in Gta IV would hit around 150mph, so driving across liberty city at 150mph doesnt take very long, trundling across san andreas at 95mph gifts the map with a feeling of size. I dont think the map is actually much bigger if bigger at all next to IV, because the speed of vehicles is so heavily limited it just feels big. Like taking a faggio across liberty city.

Franklin can reach decent top speeds, but only in his special mode, and the cars slow down very quickly once out of his special mode.

I was still playing IV right upto Vs launch. It had solid replay value because of decent vehicle mechanics, before online was released and i'd completed the main missions I had absolutely no desire to load it up and mess about. V is very good looking, but for me has zero replay value. I'm giving online a chance, but once I get real money in online I think it'll get old fast.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

isn't there a permanent thread somewhere for this re-hashed topic?  Go waste space over there please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users