» «
Photo

Map size is not what Rockstar told us.

70 replies to this topic
chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:38 PM Edited by chitoryu12, 17 September 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Okay, I actually posted in two other threads before the release how long it took to drive and fly between opposing corners in San Andreas and GTA IV. In Liberty City, driving took about 4 minutes and 30 seconds and flying took 1 minute and 5 seconds. In San Andreas (both using slower vehicles and getting lost on the country roads at one point and needing to stop the clock because I had no GPS to guide me), it took just under 6 minutes by driving and about 1 minute and 35 seconds flying the Hydra.

I'm waiting until I unlock the full map before I perform the tests in GTA V (both Los Santos alone and from one corner of the whole map to the other), but it's already much larger. Just from the impromptu guesstimating, it's taking me about as long to go from Sandy Shores to the hunting lodge up north (where you meet Cletus), which isn't even the northern border of the map, as it took to cross San Andreas by motorcycle.

Also, you probably just haven't FOUND the bums and serial killers in the woods. There's several dozen unique "random encounters" according to the progress section that you can access on your phone, which only activate when you approach a certain area. Think about how much space there is to look for random encounters like that.

• baskerwil likes this

Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

guys how about L.A Noir map?? it's Huge..... :rol:

i wonder why Rockstar couldn't make a map for GTA V like L.A Noir's map... :sarcasm:

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

guys how about L.A Noir map?? it's Huge..... :rol:

i wonder why Rockstar couldn't make a map for GTA V like L.A Noir's map... :sarcasm:

I'm trying to tell if this is sarcasm or not.

f1nash
  • f1nash

GTA 5

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

What Rockstar told us about the map size is that it includes interiors and the outside world.

Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:08 PM Edited by askn, 17 September 2013 - 09:17 PM.

i see L.A Noir had a huge map i'v ever seen..... interiors,outside,etc.....

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Interiors, sea and land. Easily surpass all of those maps.

10 mins to drive north to South on SA. Lel, going 5mph maybe.

aidanjames1
  • aidanjames1

Reaper Reap

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

It takes a Cuban 800 5 minutes to go from the northernmost point on the map, to the southernmost point.

sonic_blue
  • sonic_blue

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by sonic_blue, 17 September 2013 - 10:22 PM.

No idea what you guys are talking about.  Was flying around the map in the heli and couldn't believe how freaking huge it is.   It's much much bigger than GTAIV.    GTAIV is just all city streets , V has large outdoor rural areas, lots of beaches, mountains, truckstops, facilities, country towns, hills etc.  tons of stuff other than city streets.   No comparison, V's map is vastly superior.

stoke123city
  • stoke123city

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

iv got gta v and the map is small id say equal to san andreas , but also rockstar don't lie . so if its 1 third of the size they told us maybe the map isn't complete without the DLC maybe more maps , san fierro ? las venturas dlc all in one then it would be as big as they say

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

the map is massive, I said it. I'm right. 

Swe78
  • Swe78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

It feels as big as San Andreas so it's big enough for me. But it's not as fun to explore. Almost no hidden packages to find and not much to do at all. So big map but not very fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users