PS3 WINS OVER 360 IN GTA V GRAPHICAL COMPARISON

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic
DrGreenThumb_NZ
  • DrGreenThumb_NZ

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Piff eurotrash dont know sh*t, xbox looks better ive seen both ver,ps3 has worse real time lighting and frame rate dips, bad AA

BubbaGoom
  • BubbaGoom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Stop living in denial bro. It clearly said the PS3 wins over the 360 the graphical comparison/face off. That was the conclusion.

It cannot get any clearer than that. I know you love your 360, but this is what it is. They are very much identical for most part, sure, but there is a reason why they do this face off, and it's closely study which version has the upper hand in graphics, no matter how slight it is. 

If you think the 360 version looks better or looks great, then that is all that really matters, but it don't change what was written there. 

I don't think it looks crisper or sharper on PS3 at all, and I didn't read the full article, but only the ending. They mostly say the ground textures appear more blurry on 360 than on PS3 and that's it.

Yes it is on that comparison but why though? When the only thing that's better on the ps3 version is the slightly better ground textures, when the 360 is actually sharper, has smoother shadows and higher framerate. Seems a little biased isn't it? So it's three to one on the 360's favor and the PS3 wins? Again, wat?!

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

in b4 lock

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Unfortunately, I must concur: X360 looks somewhat more detailed in a lot of cases. Otherwise, same quality.

3mir
  • 3mir

The Coon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by 3mir, 17 September 2013 - 02:39 PM.

360 looks better 1000x times

PS3 wins ? hahaha   are you fu*king blind  ....

R* North love Xbox

9GAG
  • 9GAG

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

For me it looks the same in both consoles.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Stop living in denial bro. It clearly said the PS3 wins over the 360 the graphical comparison/face off. That was the conclusion.

It cannot get any clearer than that. I know you love your 360, but this is what it is. They are very much identical for most part, sure, but there is a reason why they do this face off, and it's closely study which version has the upper hand in graphics, no matter how slight it is. 

If you think the 360 version looks better or looks great, then that is all that really matters, but it don't change what was written there. 

I don't think it looks crisper or sharper on PS3 at all, and I didn't read the full article, but only the ending. They mostly say the ground textures appear more blurry on 360 than on PS3 and that's it.

Dude...what the f*ck? I actually say that apparently ground textures are less blurry on PS3 and i am in denial? Wow just wow..how about you say i am indeed right when i say that? DF says that is the clear advantage PS3 has over 360 but thats it. Nothing more, nothng less. I said it exactly like DF said. I have seen comparison videos and in general it does NOT look crisper in the sense that characters, cars, buildings look more sharp on PS3. It;s the ground/grass textures and thats it. What i said has zero to do with denial, but for some reason you try to make me look like a fanboy and in denial. In denial of what? Lmao.

ChrisDorner
  • ChrisDorner

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

After watching both on my HDTV the PS3 version is much, much better

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

the blurry grpund textures because of that Texture Streaminf issues which also causes the pop ins.
"do not install Disc 2" and stuff..

R* could fix this cause it seems like the textures on both are the same, only that PS3 has less streaming issues.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:54 PM Edited by Official General, 17 September 2013 - 02:55 PM.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you, relax.

I know you in particular had a great interest in how the game was gonna look on both consoles, because you are really into graphics, but you were hoping the better version was the 360, because it is your favorite system. I heard you say all this before. Of course you are gonna be defensive about this.

But if you personally don't agree with the face-off conclusion, then fine, I won't challenge you. It's your opinion that matters most to you at the end of the day. 

Dude...what the f*ck? I actually say that apparently ground textures are less blurry on PS3 and i am in denial? Wow just wow..how about you say i am indeed right when i say that? DF says that is the clear advantage PS3 has over 360 but thats it. Nothing more, nothng less. I said it exactly like DF said. I have seen comparison videos and in general it does NOT look crisper in the sense that characters, cars, buildings look more sharp on PS3. It;s the ground/grass textures and thats it. What i said has zero to do with denial, but for some reason you try to make me look like a fanboy and in denial. In denial of what? Lmao.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

typical xbox vs. playstation, looks a little bit better on ps, plays a little bit smoother on xbox.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by Gigabomber, 17 September 2013 - 02:58 PM.

NOTE: the 360 version did not have the play disc installed in anyway, as per Rockstar's instructions.

This is not normal: the console versions are almost perfectly matched outside of the ground texture issue favoring the ps3 and the more detailed palm trees favoring the 360. These are the two biggest differences, in my opinion, because I think palm trees are atmospheric.

bmajede
  • bmajede

Plawres Sanshiro.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

My signature

LOL.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm installing my PS3 version now!!! So excited!!! :O

I installed 4 gb in 5 mins :O

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

This topic is uber-relevant. I mean, I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering which console to buy to play GTA V on right? I can't imagine people made their choices in the - what - 8 years? they've been available. There's a whole 2 months before they are replaced, so anyone who already bought one obviously rushed into a decision.

Can you also find a comparison video for Crazy Taxi between the PS2 and Dreamcast? 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

NOTE: the 360 version did not have the play disc installed in anyway, as per Rockstar's instructions.

This is not normal: the console versions are almost perfectly matched outside of the ground texture issue favoring the ps3 and the more detailed palm trees favoring the 360. These are the two biggest differences, in my opinion, because I think palm trees are atmospheric.

lets wait if R* tries to adress the Disc issue. It seems that they didnt knew that before so I guess its something they could fix.

But the Framerate Video clearly shows that Xbox is better in almost every frame ( gameplay and cutscene )

And as Im really a Framerate whore.... 360 was the better choise

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

I literally just started playing and it looks ABSOLUTELY, INSANELY STUNNING on the PS3! :O :O

I'm playing this till i die.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:12 PM Edited by GTA564, 17 September 2013 - 03:14 PM.

I don't care about graphics
I want Rockstar to give up about the f*cking graphics
And would add more people in certain places
And more content to the game
In this they screwed up - ps3 doesn't have geforce 780 damn

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Well guys, here it is :

http://www.eurogamer...auto-5-face-off

The general conclusion from this very deep and detailed analysis is that the PS3 version of GTA V is better looking than the 360 version. This was no real surprise anyway, since as we all know that nearly all the pre-release screenshots of the game and demos were from the PS3 version. It was clear to many on here that as the lead platform, the PS3 version must have had some kind of graphical advantage. However the debate raged on, sometimes fiercely, with some of the more die-hard 360 fans pointing out that GTA IV looked better on the 360 and they expected GTA V to be no different. 

Personally, I kinda knew the PS3 would win this face-off, because from what I saw in the screenshot comparisons of both versions posted yesterday, the PS3 version looked slightly better than the 360 version in my view. The PS3 version looks more detailed, sharper and polished than the 360 version, slightly, but still just enough to notice. However, the main thing is that both version still look great. 

That's the verdict and it is what it is, don't shoot the messenger  :cool:

So you're telling me I should have shelled out extra $$$$ for a PS3 version and console for the sake of less blurry ground textures?

Bahahahahahaha!!!!

The game looks and plays fine to me on Xbox 360.

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

It's all personal preference.

Hey, Xbox users, want to make your game look like the PS3 version? Lower your brightness!

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

It's all personal preference.

Hey, Xbox users, want to make your game look like the PS3 version? Lower your brightness!

This.

That's the only true difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users