Photo

PS3 WINS OVER 360 IN GTA V GRAPHICAL COMPARISON

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:46 PM Edited by Official General, 17 September 2013 - 01:50 PM.

Well guys, here it is :

http://www.eurogamer...auto-5-face-off

The general conclusion from this very deep and detailed analysis is that the PS3 version of GTA V is better looking than the 360 version. This was no real surprise anyway, since as we all know that nearly all the pre-release screenshots of the game and demos were from the PS3 version. It was clear to many on here that as the lead platform, the PS3 version must have had some kind of graphical advantage. However the debate raged on, sometimes fiercely, with some of the more die-hard 360 fans pointing out that GTA IV looked better on the 360 and they expected GTA V to be no different. 

Personally, I kinda knew the PS3 would win this face-off, because from what I saw in the screenshot comparisons of both versions posted yesterday, the PS3 version looked slightly better than the 360 version in my view. The PS3 version looks more detailed, sharper and polished than the 360 version, slightly, but still just enough to notice. However, the main thing is that both version still look great. 

That's the verdict and it is what it is, don't shoot the messenger  :cool:

• Aeternam and jeanrjm like this

Memphys
  • Memphys

Did I ever tell you about Trevor?

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

X360 looks better.

• GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY likes this

RatedRviper
  • RatedRviper

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

My X360 version looks f*ckin' awesome.That's all that matters.I dont care for stupid comparisons

AndyM_76
  • AndyM_76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Who care which looks better? Play it on your chosen platform and, above all, enjoy it.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Uh, the ps3 was not the lead platform.

Thanks for stealing my detailed info and posting it in a semi-snarky though.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

That's fine. You are entitled to your own opinion.

But remember, these are the very same guys that you 360 fans used to shout about when boasting about how GTA IV looked better on the 360 and RDR too (although I personally disagree with that, both versions of RDR were of equal quality to me). 

X360 looks better.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:53 PM Edited by Official General, 17 September 2013 - 01:55 PM.

I never knew you owned the copyrights to the web link lol

But thanks for letting me borrow pal 

Uh, the ps3 was not the lead platform.

Thanks for stealing my detailed info and posting it in a semi-snarky though.

@ RatedRviper

It's funny now that 360 guys like say you don't care about 'stupid graphic comparisons' don't think ? This was not the case not so long ago. 

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

shut up, and only reason all screenshots and trailers were on ps3 was because sony payed to have that done. f*ck sony and those dumb leaking bastards

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:03 PM Edited by MilezDawg, 17 September 2013 - 02:07 PM.

Why are you such a PS3 fangirl Office ? I've always noticed that you just slob all over Sonys nuts. There is very little difderence between the 360 and PS3 versions, no one cares about those differences, but you Office. Did you get raped by Microsoft as a child ? Is that why you hate the 360 ?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Lool someone is mad !!

Bro, chill it's just a video game comparison, no need to get into a rage 

shut up, and only reason all screenshots and trailers were on ps3 was because sony payed to have that done. f*ck sony and those dumb leaking bastards

• zielo likes this

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Xbox 360 version is f*cking dope as f*ck, I like mine. And I personally think it looks better than the PS3 version. 

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

X360 looks better.

Bro, I'm sorry to say this but you are the X360 version of redx.

You are a terrible fanboy.

(Regardless wich version looks better)

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Congrats. It only took 8 years to become better by miniscule, almost unnoticed details.

Alsith
  • Alsith

Party!

• Members

I really hate it when this happens. I myself have a PS3 and I don't care, I get incredibly annoyed at these flame wars.

Flame wars go like this:

"PS3 IS BETTER!" "No f*ck you whalef*cker, XBOX 360 rules."

Seriously, it's annoying...

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by Official General, 17 September 2013 - 02:14 PM.

@ MilezDawg

No, not all. That answers your question. 

Did you get raped by Sony as a child ? Is that why you hate the PS3 ? You are clearly disturbed to be even asking such questions. Your mind goes sick over a video game, wow. 

You need to stop taking this sh*t so seriously.  You're barking up the wrong tree. I did say don't shoot the messenger, if you wanna beef take it up with Digital Foundry and not me.

Why are you such a PS3 fangirl Office ? I've always noticed that you just slob all over Sonys nuts.. There is very little difderence between the 360 and PS3 versions, no one caees about those differences, but you.Did you get raped by Microsoft as a child ? Is that why you hate the 360 ?

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

We do not really need yet another console war thread, everyone likes what they like and you or some back ally reviewer is not going to change their mind. When it comes down to it we are all gamers, that should be all that matters.

• AndyM_76 likes this

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

i'll know in 8 hours. buying both, loading both at the same time. Gonna lay both contollers down and pick up the better looking one...if both look the same...I'm playing ps3........Not cause i don't like xbox...Never played GTA games on xbox before.

BubbaGoom
  • BubbaGoom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Lol! Wait for the lens of truth comparison, because if you actually read this, it's biased as hell, so according to DF, good ground textures is better than a version which has sharper graphics, better shadows, higher frame rates and better vegetation, wot?

stobe187
  • stobe187

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

So how many times are we gonna have this "lead platform" bullsh*t convo? Everyone should know by now that they were both developed individually at the same time. I have both versions, and I think the 360 might look a bit nicer to some because not everyone likes that trademark PS3 crispyness. All in all, they both look nearly identical.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Who really cares? Just enjoy the game. 

• AndyM_76 likes this

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

[quote name="Official General" post="1063370912" timestamp="1379426845"]@ MilezDawg

Did you get raped by Sony as a child ? You are clearly disturbed. Your mind goes sick over a video game, wow. 

You need to stop taking this sh*t so seriously.  You're barking up the wrong tree. I did say don't shoot the messenger, if you wanna beef take it up with Digital Foundry and not me.
[quote name="MilezDawg" post="1063370856" timestamp="1379426613"]
Why are you such a PS3 fangirl Office ? I've always noticed that you just slob all over Sonys nuts.. There is very little difderence between the 360 and PS3 versions, no one caees about those differences, but you.Did you get raped by Microsoft as a child ? Is that why you hate the 360 ?
[/quote][/quote
I take it seriously? I did not start a thread stating the clear winner is PS3. Like I said, you seem to really dig these console war threads.

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

While I have a ps3, looking at the comparison, I honestly cannot really tell any difference between the two systems.

To be honest, the 360 looks to have a slightly better framerate.

Either way it doesn't matter, people with either one of the consoles will enjoy it.

Irish Thunder Baby
  • Irish Thunder Baby

Come ride with me

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

It still looks f*cking beautiful on my 360 so I don't care

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:16 PM Edited by Official General, 17 September 2013 - 02:17 PM.

Bro you're disturbed. 

For you to even bring all that sh*t into this discussion about video games is straight up weird. I think something happened to you, and I don't deal with disturbed people on here. 

This is a legitimate discussion. If you don't like it, then don't be here. Take your depraved sh*t somewhere else. 

@ MilezDawg

Did you get raped by Sony as a child ? You are clearly disturbed. Your mind goes sick over a video game, wow. 

[quote name="MilezDawg" post="1063370856" timestamp="1379426613"]
[/quote
I take it seriously? I did not start a thread stating the clear winner is PS3. Like I said, you seem to really dig these console war threads.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I don't think it looks crisper or sharper on PS3 at all, and I didn't read the full article, but only the ending. They mostly say the ground textures appear more blurry on 360 than on PS3 and that's it.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by Official General, 17 September 2013 - 02:23 PM.

Stop living in denial bro. It clearly said the PS3 wins over the 360 the graphical comparison/face off. That was the conclusion.

It cannot get any clearer than that. I know you love your 360, but this is what it is. They are very much identical for most part, sure, but there is a reason why they do this face off, and it's closely study which version has the upper hand in graphics, no matter how slight it is. 

If you think the 360 version looks better or looks great, then that is all that really matters, but it don't change what was written there. 

I don't think it looks crisper or sharper on PS3 at all, and I didn't read the full article, but only the ending. They mostly say the ground textures appear more blurry on 360 than on PS3 and that's it.

Splinter02
  • Splinter02

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

You won't be able to tell the difference while playing normally unless you wear your Grandma's 500x magnification glasses.

GTA Ibiza
  • GTA Ibiza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Maybe its to do with Sony helping Rockstar with the cell processor of the PS3 with GTAV. I'm sure I read that somewhere? Personally I have a PS3, and it looks brilliant compared to IV.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

My signature

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

At least Sony paid for a good game, unlike M$ who pays for COD and BF bullcrap extra content and sh*tty performance boost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users