Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is this the best GTA you ever played?

77 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this the best GTA you ever played? (336 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this the best GTA you ever played?

1. Yes (292 votes [86.90%])

Percentage of vote: 86.90%

2. No (44 votes [13.10%])

Percentage of vote: 13.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

San Andreas is the true classic out of the GTA fanchise and can almost not even be argued. That game was just TOO much back in 2004 and definetly the greatest game of its time.

And this is proof children are playin GTA V ...... FAIL PARENTS!

Classic is GTA 1, Vice City owns SA. If you were there for the start of the series everyone knows it.

Lol, KID..

I have been playing since III's release and have been on these forums for over 8 years now (hmm lets see, you joined 2 weeks ago...). Just because you are stuck in nostalgia (probably lying anyway) saying 3 was the best, it truly wasn't. SA stepped up major from what 3 and VC started. 5 is great but SA just has that true "this was the peak of GTA" feel to it.

You can take your fanboy a** and get out of here.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Nope...not by a long shot! In order to beat San Andreas V should have had MORE activities, MORE properties to buy and actually ENTER, more WEAPONS (R* said V is going to have the most amount of weapons than ANY GTA game, though San Andreas has over 30, while V only pushing that number and that includes three bonus weapons from CE and SE editions!), Stunt Jumps, Public and Emergency side missions activated right from vehicles and many many more!! Does GTAV has all that? nope...thats why San Andreas is STILL the best ever GTA game, until maybe GTAVI comes out with nearly TWICE as much stuff to do and MUCH more improved overall vehicle damage physics and much more polished driving!...I'd put GTAV slightly above GTAIV and maybe GTAIII, but for me even Vice City is better than GTAV (yes call me crazy i don't give a f*ck!...)...

agree with you on the interiors part but I hope you realize GTA V has more than double of the side activites that GTA SA has? 

GTA SA: burgling missions, vigilante, ambulance missions, taxi missions, races, driver's license, basketball, graffities and that's it.. (I probably missed one or two)

GTA V : Assassination missions, Bounty Hunting, Sports (Tennis and Golf), base jumping, hunting, real estate market, phone activites from IV, pilot's license, racing, random encounters, stranger's missions, assaulting convenience stores, collectibles and I could go on and on...

Gotta love how you didn't list more of what SA has. And SA has most of what GTA V has.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

I have a feeling that a lot who voted yes will change their opinion in the future.

GTAOnlineVideos
  • GTAOnlineVideos

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

V is the best game I've ever played, period.  I understand if others don't agree.  It just ticks all of the boxes for me, personally.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

I have a feeling that a lot who voted yes will change their opinion in the future.

Off course they will! LOL it has always been like that! Remember when GTAIV came out and people's reaction and how they praised the game? ...remember about half a year/one year time span how it changed to "GTAIV still worse game than SA overall"??! yup...Its common sense vs. blind fanaticism kind of thing you know...

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by Vorpax, 17 September 2013 - 08:38 PM.

Nope...not by a long shot! In order to beat San Andreas V should have had MORE activities, MORE properties to buy and actually ENTER, more WEAPONS (R* said V is going to have the most amount of weapons than ANY GTA game, though San Andreas has over 30, while V only pushing that number and that includes three bonus weapons from CE and SE editions!), Stunt Jumps, Public and Emergency side missions activated right from vehicles and many many more!! Does GTAV has all that? nope...thats why San Andreas is STILL the best ever GTA game, until maybe GTAVI comes out with nearly TWICE as much stuff to do and MUCH more improved overall vehicle damage physics and much more polished driving!...I'd put GTAV slightly above GTAIV and maybe GTAIII, but for me even Vice City is better than GTAV (yes call me crazy i don't give a f*ck!...)...

agree with you on the interiors part but I hope you realize GTA V has more than double of the side activites that GTA SA has? 

GTA SA: burgling missions, vigilante, ambulance missions, taxi missions, races, driver's license, basketball, graffities and that's it.. (I probably missed one or two)

GTA V : Assassination missions, Bounty Hunting, Sports (Tennis and Golf), base jumping, hunting, real estate market, phone activites from IV, pilot's license, racing, random encounters, stranger's missions, assaulting convenience stores, collectibles and I could go on and on...

Gotta love how you didn't list more of what SA has. And SA has most of what GTA V has.

LOL read my previous post on previous page! HAha! oops sorry for double post...that was an accident...

RockstarGROUPIE
  • RockstarGROUPIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Im glad they changed the crash effects v wouldnt work so well if the car crashed like iv, seeing as in iv every little bump you hit damged the car least the cars still look beautiful after a couple hits in v :) plus its just freaking amazing !!!! Thought te blimp was only for preorders but fond the code in my case :) just did a trip around sunny los santos when it raining out side my window :)

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 17 September 2013 - 08:45 PM.

SA has most of what GTA V has? So SA had bounty hunting, tennis, golf, real estate markets, convenience stores to rob random encounters and strangers missions and I didn't even noticed (even though I passed the game 100%...)

Haha one or two? good try...

...here's a complete "to do" list of GTA Sa, take a note son, while you're at it!:

1.Valet Parking, Trucker Missions (why couldn't they include it in this GTA is beyond me...I mean like we've got huge country-side and a character, that is perfect for this kind of job - Trevor? why missing such an opportunity?!...), Quarry, BMX challenges, Lowrider Challenges, Dancing activity (though in free roam only with girlfriends), Dating mini-game, Pool table, Pimping, Firefighter, Freight, Sport Bike Challenges, Shooting Range challenges, Courier missions, Chilliad Mt. Challenges, Gym Fighting and using to pump it up, Import/export!! and LOTS of different secret collectibles unique to each region/city!! Oh and there were gang wars and you could conquer territories etc...so yep...you missed "just a few...right...  :rol:   :whistle: But even EACH of those things pales in comparison to what Saints Row 2 has to offer (yes 2 not the third and 4th pieces of craps got to offer!!) ...For example in Saints Row 2 you can do : 1.around 80% of the things from San Andreas 2.Tow Truck missions, 3.Mugging people on the streets, 4.Robbing expensive stores (believe it or not!...), 5.Even removing cloths and running around naked triggered mini-game, when you should run around and tease as much people as possible to progress (i think it's called Streaking) and there were even different stand alone mini-game, which would basically do the same as running around naked, but only this time clothed as a pimp and its called Flashing, You could take hostages if there were more than one person in the car by the moment you stole it and that would trigger hostage mini-game, you could do vehicle surfing on the top of the car and balance your weight out in order not to fall and many other things, that i don't even remember and that were all scrapped from later games in the series!...

ok that's more than one, how I could forget gym activities since they were one of my favorite xD but you included a lot of challenges why GTA V also has but I didn't include since I don't consider them to be real "side missions", but yeah that list pretty much sums up what I forgot to mention (which is quite bigger than from what I remember it to be)

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

San Andreas is the true classic out of the GTA fanchise and can almost not even be argued. That game was just TOO much back in 2004 and definetly the greatest game of its time.

Classic is GTA 1, Vice City owns SA. If you were there for the start of the series everyone knows it.

I didn't think Vice City was so great. I was hyped about it because it was the only thing at the time. The story was the best part about it, but even at the time I hated how small it was. I was hyped about it. I mean, back in those days I explored everything. The roofs of every building, every knock and cranny looking for something hidden. And I liked the pizza bikes. I thought it was a little bit of a step back from III, I don't care too much about cut scenes though. SA blew my mind.

Pre-edit--- I did think it was cool when I got the mansion in Vice City. I felt rich. I never got that feeling with SA. But then after that there's not much else to do but drive around. III was much better to drive around in after completion, but still nothing compared to SA.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

SA has most of what GTA V has? So SA had bounty hunting, tennis, golf, real estate markets, convenience stores to rob random encounters and strangers missions and I didn't even noticed (even though I passed the game 100%...)

You didn't read what i have posted on the previous page did you? LOL Anyway what you listed pales in comparison with the amount of things to do in San Andreas i mean like okay Tennis, Golf, Bountry Hunting, Real Estate Markets, Convenience Stores, Robbing encounters and stranger missions? What else? thats all you can list? Haha you FAIL son!...

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:47 PM Edited by TheKryptonite, 17 September 2013 - 08:51 PM.

Most of what you listed, yes.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

You didn't read what i have posted on the previous page did you? LOL Anyway what you listed pales in comparison with the amount of things to do in San Andreas i mean like okay Tennis, Golf, Bountry Hunting, Real Estate Markets, Convenience Stores, Robbing encounters and stranger missions? What else? thats all you can list? Haha you FAIL son!...

first of all I'm not your son, and most of the activites you included are challenges (which shoudn't even count lol)... oh and btw don't know if you have noticed but every game nowadays has collectibles so there's no point in putting them on the list

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Without a doubt yes.

Omar Little
  • Omar Little

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Lol, KID..

I have been playing since III's release and have been on these forums for over 8 years now (hmm lets see, you joined 2 weeks ago...). Just because you are stuck in nostalgia (probably lying anyway) saying 3 was the best, it truly wasn't. SA stepped up major from what 3 and VC started. 5 is great but SA just has that true "this was the peak of GTA" feel to it.

SA stepped up major from those two?? Not really..

III DID step up funkin' MAJOR from II. Only an idiot would disagree with me.

Not that it matters, but been playing GTAs since II. Gotta say, III is still the greatest. SA is a close second.

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Lol

Before V is released:

GTA IV sucks dick, that game is terrible. All it is is killing cops and sitting around bowling with Roman.

After V is released:

V sucks, IV was better.

GTA V is without a doubt the best GTA game ever made. Even if I do not agree with some of their choices, you can not argue that this game is light years ahead of any other GTA game. 

I have always liked IV the most, I knew that V was not going to be better, even before it was released, IV's story line and its protagonist, plus the city (which feels more alive), never boring,

Ain't no wonder why people call you ni**ers stupid...You're talking out of your ass all the time

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

first of all I'm not your son, and most of the activites you included are challenges (which shoudn't even count lol)... oh and btw don't know if you have noticed but every game nowadays has collectibles so there's no point in putting them on the list

Challenges = Activities means SOMETHING to do, what you listed for GTAV can also be called challenges! (well some of it...) so yeah...

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:51 PM Edited by Udrift, 17 September 2013 - 08:53 PM.

Off course they will! LOL it has always been like that! Remember when GTAIV came out and people's reaction and how they praised the game? ...remember about half a year/one year time span how it changed to "GTAIV still worse game than SA overall"??! yup...Its common sense vs. blind fanaticism kind of thing you know...

I hated IV right away. No where to drive, and crappy physics. Go outside and drive your car and try to spin out and do a 180 at 30mph. I seriously wonder how many people have pushed their cars in real life.

I personally have a crappy Mercedes, but it's rear wheel drive and got good power. Oh yeah, I spin out around every corner. We tried drifting my friends Mustang the other day. We can leave burn out marks, but that's about it. I do agree that in real life you can't floor your car the whole time, but IV was no fun. San Andreas you still have to let of the gas and brake, even though it is arcady.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

V is the best for me.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Lol

Before V is released:

GTA IV sucks dick, that game is terrible. All it is is killing cops and sitting around bowling with Roman.

After V is released:

V sucks, IV was better.

GTA V is without a doubt the best GTA game ever made. Even if I do not agree with some of their choices, you can not argue that this game is light years ahead of any other GTA game. 

I have always liked IV the most, I knew that V was not going to be better, even before it was released, IV's story line and its protagonist, plus the city (which feels more alive), never boring,

Ain't no wonder why people call you ni**ers stupid...You're talking out of your ass all the time

Calls ni**ers stupid, yet has a picture of Wiz Khalifa. 

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by Vorpax, 17 September 2013 - 08:56 PM.

I hated IV right away. No where to drive, and crappy physics. Go outside and drive your car and try to spin out and do a 180 at 30mph. I seriously wonder how many people have pushed their cars in real life.

I personally have a crappy Mercedes, but it's rear wheel drive and got good power. Oh yeah, I spin out around every corner. We tried drifting my friends Mustang the other day. We can leave burn out marks, but that's about it. I do agree that in real life you can't floor your car the whole time, but IV was no fun. San Andreas you still have to let of the gas and brake, even though it is arcady.

Nah... i say let the fanboys have their affair! LOL As for me i totally feel you and i felt absolutely the same about GTAIV and its lackluster possibilities...total waste...

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

Though I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for "Grand Theft Auto III" and "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City", from what I've played thus far (bear in mind that I'm only four missions deep into the game's story), it's certainly shaping up to have surpassed the brunt of my expectations. 

Granted, a custom soundtrack feature would've been welcomed, but outside of that, this is well worth the sixty dollar admission.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Though I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for "Grand Theft Auto III" and "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City", from what I've played thus far (bear in mind that I'm only four missions deep into the game's story), it's certainly shaping up to have surpassed the brunt of my expectations. 

Granted, a custom soundtrack feature would've been welcomed, but outside of that, this is well worth the sixty dollar admission.

Yes I'm a bit sad they don't include a custom radio where you can put your own music in there in the console version, but all the gta pc versions have that (well at least SA and IV has it) :/ not a deal braker though

• QuietSundayLibrary likes this

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Yes I'm a bit sad they don't include a custom radio where you can put your own music in there in the console version, but all the gta pc versions have that (well at least SA and IV has it) :/ not a deal braker though

LOL EVERY GTA of 3d era on PC had custom MP3 station! 

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Lol, KID..

SA stepped up major from those two?? Not really..

III DID step up funkin' MAJOR from II. Only an idiot would disagree with me.

Not that it matters, but been playing GTAs since II. Gotta say, III is still the greatest. SA is a close second.

Stepped up from 2? Like SO many people gave a crap at ALL about GTA 2? Lol. Don't try to over-exaggerate with me and then we can legitimately argue.

I know 5 is hyped right now, and I'm having a ton of fun on it, but I'm the kind of person who never over-hypes stuff. I don't get all into right now just to be 'sick of it' 4 months from now, whereas stuff like SA I can still pop in after all these years and thoroughly enjoy start to finish. 

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

I was there from the VERY start of the series and i do not feel the same way about VC

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

I was there from the VERY start of the series and i do not feel the same way about VC

VC was great but I think the GTA SA changed so much about the series... I was not there from the start though (oldest GTA I played was GTA 2)

saintsrow4rocks
  • saintsrow4rocks

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

no gta 5 is sh*t cars contorl is like mario kart dissapointment of the milenium 

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

no gta 5 is sh*t cars contorl is like mario kart dissapointment of the milenium 

joined 17 minutes ago.. do I really need to say anything else...

saintsrow4rocks
  • saintsrow4rocks

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

stfu cockstar fanboy

semie
  • semie

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

For me it's way to soon to tell.....