Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is this the best GTA you ever played?

77 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this the best GTA you ever played? (336 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this the best GTA you ever played?

1. Yes (292 votes [86.90%])

Percentage of vote: 86.90%

2. No (44 votes [13.10%])

Percentage of vote: 13.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote
KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 17 September 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Well... GTA SA was the best gta I ever played a couple of months ago... I was hugely dissapointed by how GTA IV turned out to be (they focused on graphics and took out all the fun stuff from SA out) 

But now rockstar has finally gained my confidence back... this game, I don't have words for it. Everything from IV has been improved on a much higher level. Specially the graphics, when you're in los santos at night you will be astonished by the lights and all the details, it's so impressive and hard to believe this was released ON AN 8 YEAR OLD SYSTEM!! 

Anyway besides the graphics and these details they finally brought back some stuff that I missed so much like bycicles and plains (not to mention we finally have stats again :) ) but that's not all. The main storyline in this game is so impressive, trust me it's the best storyline in a GTA game EVER. I really liked IV's storyline but this one just wow, there are moments that just amazes you and at the same time shocks you. But an amazing storyline is not everything, this game has TONS of side activites that will keep you ocupied for hours and hours (I am easily ocupied just by driving around looking at the views and details). You can call me whatever you want but this game is f*cking amazing...

So is this the best GTA I ever played? Yes, and I don't even need to think twice to answer this question

• deyessorc and swagbucks like this

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

loved vice city

liked san andreas

hated GTA IV

GTA V is pending because I need to beat it first

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

San Andreas is the true classic out of the GTA fanchise and can almost not even be argued. That game was just TOO much back in 2004 and definetly the greatest game of its time.

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Impossible to say as looking back with nostalgia skews my view. But i am enjoying it imensely, even franklins gangster talk isnt irritating me that much.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 17 September 2013 - 02:00 PM.

I am old today so I dont really enjoy games anymore like before, GTA which I enjoyed most was GTA Vice City, I was 15 when it came out and I was hyped more than today for GTA5. Hovewer this is the best GTA game ever made. 

• CasperRDG and jordiniho like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Haven't played enough to say with 100% certainty, but I would say I like vanillia IV better. There's just something about it that GTA V is missing, and I can't put my finger on it.
  • Dawgshite likes this

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Haven't played enough to say with 100% certainty, but I would say I like vanillia IV better. There's just something about it that GTA V is missing, and I can't put my finger on it.

I agree with you.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

good thread . i'm waiting PC version myself . for me best GTA for fun was VC and for gameplay/content it was GTA IV . but when you see games sites reviews of V you see words like best game of all time etc . you know what , i can't imagine what GTA VI Vice city could/will be . with high res neons at night , crocs in the glades .. :inlove: :inlove:

Dawgshite
  • Dawgshite

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

GTA IV is better.

Swe78
  • Swe78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

GTA SA is still my favourite but GTA V is great..better than IV for sure. 

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Nope, GTA IV is better in my opinion.

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hi!

I would say with absolute certainty that this is a masterpiece :) the wait was definitely worth it, but the budget was a little extreme I think (that's another story) :(

Each GTA released easily surpasses the one before imho.

The only gripe that I have, and it irked me from the first time I saw it is Franklin, I really don't like him, at all, his sense of entitlement and arrogance makes me avoid being him unless forced to :(

So GTA V to me, even with Franklin's frowning ass, is still a 10/10!

Cheerio!

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by DymeDef, 17 September 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Lol

Before V is released:

GTA IV sucks dick, that game is terrible. All it is is killing cops and sitting around bowling with Roman.

After V is released:

V sucks, IV was better.

GTA V is without a doubt the best GTA game ever made. Even if I do not agree with some of their choices, you can not argue that this game is light years ahead of any other GTA game. 

• Freezer89 and Bellic 4 life like this

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

If ever you need an alibi, rely on me, I am Darkness.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Despite the basic driving which i feel is a step backwards made to please the whiners, i am very happy with the story, map size, and activities :) best i've played ever, hard to imagine rockstar topping the story of GTA 5 for a gta6.

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Lol

Before V is released:

GTA IV sucks dick, that game is terrible. All it is is killing cops and sitting around bowling with Roman.

After V is released:

V sucks, IV was better.

GTA V is without a doubt the best GTA game ever made. Even if I do not agree with some of their choices, you can not argue that this game is light years ahead of any other GTA game. 

I have always liked IV the most, I knew that V was not going to be better, even before it was released, IV's story line and its protagonist, plus the city (which feels more alive), never boring,

stockwiz
  • stockwiz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by stockwiz, 17 September 2013 - 05:04 PM.

San Andreas is my favorite and I never even got into IV because I like open spaces and IV just felt too claustrophobic.. I'd rather wander around Just Cause 2, Skyrim, New Vegas, etc... Plus it was my first time trying to play on a console in a while used to PC gaming and the rockstar DRM and slow loading times of the PS3 caught me by surprise. 

V looks like it will satisfy me like San Andreas did, though the lack of places to gamble is a bit odd considering all the other content in the game. Afraid to promote gambling but constant swearing and drug use is ok? Anyways stock market is just legalized gambling anyways. Also lack of enterable buildings... Skyrim may have lacked a lot of storyline content but it sure made up for it with the sheer number of enterable areas.. the modders took care of the rest.

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by Malndor, 17 September 2013 - 05:03 PM.

San Andreas is the true classic out of the GTA fanchise and can almost not even be argued. That game was just TOO much back in 2004 and definetly the greatest game of its time.

And this is proof children are playin GTA V ...... FAIL PARENTS!

Classic is GTA 1, Vice City owns SA. If you were there for the start of the series everyone knows it.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

haven't played it but it's the best gta so far

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 17 September 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Lol

Before V is released:

After V is released:

V sucks, IV was better.

Agree, people woudn't stop complaining about IV's driving and how it lacked side activities considering that the city was quite boring in my opinion but everyone has his opinion, I'm no one to judge that. What truly pisses me off is people putting down GTA V and giving it bad rates at websites like metacritic because there is no PC version (for now)... it's ridiculous they give GTA V a rating of 0 and the justification  is"no pc version"... can't this people just relax a bit everyone knows a PC version will come sooner or later...

Omar Little
  • Omar Little

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

So nobody here has played GTA III? It's obviously the greatest... Might be because I played it since 2001.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by Karoi, 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM.

No for me it isn't. It's good but not the best. The best in my opinion was the GTA III era, the first 3D games. 

EDIT: GTA III era is the best for me because of the step from 2D to 3D. Now I'm used to 3D/HD era but I'm not negative in any way.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Lol

Before V is released:

After V is released:

V sucks, IV was better.

Honestly can people just shut up, yes shut up, with this 'before & after' crap? Yes you saw a lot of people hating on IV but that doesn't mean everybody did. I'm sure the guys who said IV was better after V released are the same prople who loves IV before V's release, I doubt they were bitching about how 'IV sucked'.

I find it unfathomable how it has become a norm to bash peoples opinions on this forum. Example:
"I f*cking love GTA V best game ever!" - you

"I liked IV and even though V was good, I still like IV the best. Something in V was missing." - someone else

"V is undoutably better, I can't believe people like IV when they bitched about it." - you

Basically somebody has an opinion conflicting yours yet you take your opinion as a fact and rule their opinion as stupid and wrong. I bet you wouldn't like it if it was vise versa, that would become hypocritical though.

People have opinions. This is a GTA fanbase message board. Either learn to accept opinions or shut up and move on, hell leave the internet... :dozing:

Romans Cousin Niko
  • Romans Cousin Niko

Troll Patrol

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

As I write this flying over the Zancudo River, I can say with complete certainty that this is the best GAME ever, not just the best GTA ever.
  • Giles Flaggot 1 likes this

biggtafan88
  • biggtafan88

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by biggtafan88, 17 September 2013 - 07:12 PM.

i really love this game and i'am a great huge fan of the saga from GTAIII

For me this GTA is really the best...it had some issues like the storyline short or no safehouse buyable or few interiors but it's also full of secrets....had an beautiful storyline,great mission,enormous world and maybe the best character/and mission of the saga.

Im really in love with Grand Theft Auto V

sorry for my english

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

San Andreas is my favorite and I never even got into IV because I like open spaces and IV just felt too claustrophobic.. I'd rather wander around Just Cause 2, Skyrim, New Vegas, etc... Plus it was my first time trying to play on a console in a while used to PC gaming and the rockstar DRM and slow loading times of the PS3 caught me by surprise. 

V looks like it will satisfy me like San Andreas did, though the lack of places to gamble is a bit odd considering all the other content in the game. Afraid to promote gambling but constant swearing and drug use is ok? Anyways stock market is just legalized gambling anyways. Also lack of enterable buildings... Skyrim may have lacked a lot of storyline content but it sure made up for it with the sheer number of enterable areas.. the modders took care of the rest.

yeah that was one of my biggest problem with IV... it was all buildings and buildings it didn't have variety like GTA SA for example... I'm happy GTA V brings that back though :)

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:42 PM Edited by Vorpax, 17 September 2013 - 07:48 PM.

Nope...not by a long shot! In order to beat San Andreas V should have had MORE activities, MORE properties to buy and actually ENTER, more WEAPONS (R* said V is going to have the most amount of weapons than ANY GTA game, though San Andreas has over 30, while V only pushing that number and that includes three bonus weapons from CE and SE editions!), Stunt Jumps, Public and Emergency side missions activated right from vehicles and many many more!! Does GTAV has all that? nope...thats why San Andreas is STILL the best ever GTA game, until maybe GTAVI comes out with nearly TWICE as much stuff to do and MUCH more improved overall vehicle damage physics and much more polished driving!...I'd put GTAV slightly above GTAIV and maybe GTAIII, but for me even Vice City is better than GTAV (yes call me crazy i don't give a f*ck!...)...So it goes like that - San Andreas->Vice City->GTAV->GTAIII->GTAIV->everything else (didn't play "stories" on PSP and PS2, so i don't know about those...and i can't say i liked GTA1, GTA London (Both '69 and '61) and GTAII that much to care...)

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 17 September 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Nope...not by a long shot! In order to beat San Andreas V should have had MORE activities, MORE properties to buy and actually ENTER, more WEAPONS (R* said V is going to have the most amount of weapons than ANY GTA game, though San Andreas has over 30, while V only pushing that number and that includes three bonus weapons from CE and SE editions!), Stunt Jumps, Public and Emergency side missions activated right from vehicles and many many more!! Does GTAV has all that? nope...thats why San Andreas is STILL the best ever GTA game, until maybe GTAVI comes out with nearly TWICE as much stuff to do and MUCH more improved overall vehicle damage physics and much more polished driving!...I'd put GTAV slightly above GTAIV and maybe GTAIII, but for me even Vice City is better than GTAV (yes call me crazy i don't give a f*ck!...)...

agree with you on the interiors part but I hope you realize GTA V has more than double of the side activites that GTA SA has? 

GTA SA: burgling missions, vigilante, ambulance missions, taxi missions, races, driver's license, basketball, graffities and that's it.. (I probably missed one or two)

GTA V : Assassination missions, Bounty Hunting, Sports (Tennis and Golf), base jumping, hunting, real estate market, phone activites from IV, pilot's license, racing, random encounters, stranger's missions, assaulting convenience stores, collectibles and I could go on and on...

brOkeRxBoYxLC
  • brOkeRxBoYxLC

Mr. Liberty

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

gta v is remarkable, but gta iv is in my opinion the best game r* ever made. 

besides the fact that there was not much to do, liberty city was a living breathing city. truly nothing like it. NOT HATING on gta v..

not able to enter burger shot/cluckin bell? what the f? those places define the gta series alone ! 

otherwise game is sick, but im goin with LC.

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Think the vote says it all. I'm happy with that. Can't please everyone

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by Vorpax, 17 September 2013 - 08:32 PM.

Nope...not by a long shot! In order to beat San Andreas V should have had MORE activities, MORE properties to buy and actually ENTER, more WEAPONS (R* said V is going to have the most amount of weapons than ANY GTA game, though San Andreas has over 30, while V only pushing that number and that includes three bonus weapons from CE and SE editions!), Stunt Jumps, Public and Emergency side missions activated right from vehicles and many many more!! Does GTAV has all that? nope...thats why San Andreas is STILL the best ever GTA game, until maybe GTAVI comes out with nearly TWICE as much stuff to do and MUCH more improved overall vehicle damage physics and much more polished driving!...I'd put GTAV slightly above GTAIV and maybe GTAIII, but for me even Vice City is better than GTAV (yes call me crazy i don't give a f*ck!...)...

agree with you on the interiors part but I hope you realize GTA V has more than double of the side activites that GTA SA has? 

GTA SA: burgling missions, vigilante, ambulance missions, taxi missions, races, driver's license, basketball, graffities and that's it.. (I probably missed one or two)

GTA V : Assassination missions, Bounty Hunting, Sports (Tennis and Golf), base jumping, hunting, real estate market, phone activites from IV, pilot's license, racing, random encounters, stranger's missions, assaulting convenience stores, collectibles and I could go on and on...

Haha one or two? good try...

...here's a complete "to do" list of GTA Sa, take a note son, while you're at it!:

1.Valet Parking, Trucker Missions (why couldn't they include it in this GTA is beyond me...I mean like we've got huge country-side and a character, that is perfect for this kind of job - Trevor? why missing such an opportunity?!...), Quarry, BMX challenges, Lowrider Challenges, Dancing activity (though in free roam only with girlfriends), Dating mini-game, Pool table, Pimping, Firefighter, Freight, Sport Bike Challenges, Shooting Range challenges, Courier missions, Chilliad Mt. Challenges, Gym Fighting and using to pump it up, Import/export!! and LOTS of different secret collectibles unique to each region/city!! Oh and there were gang wars and you could conquer territories etc...so yep...you missed "just a few...right... :rol:  :whistle: But even EACH of those things pales in comparison to what Saints Row 2 has to offer (yes 2 not the third and 4th pieces of craps got to offer!!) ...For example in Saints Row 2 you can do : 1.around 80% of the things from San Andreas 2.Tow Truck missions, 3.Mugging people on the streets, 4.Robbing expensive stores (believe it or not!...), 5.Even removing cloths and running around naked triggered mini-game, when you should run around and tease as much people as possible to progress (i think it's called Streaking) and there were even different stand alone mini-game, which would basically do the same as running around naked, but only this time clothed as a pimp and its called Flashing, You could take hostages if there were more than one person in the car by the moment you stole it and that would trigger hostage mini-game, you could do vehicle surfing on the top of the car and balance your weight out in order not to fall and many other things, that i don't even remember and that were all scrapped from later games in the series!...

• TheKryptonite and CasperRDG like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users