Quantcast

» «
Photo

Little things that have blown your mind?

351 replies to this topic
Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

Don't typically ever do this, but, *BUMP*  (loving this thread)

• Udrift and aladdin85 like this

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

As a los angeles resident. The amount of resemblance it has to los angeles. A lot of things are spot on. San Andreas was nothing near this, it really didn't look all that much like los angeles, more just inspired by. V, though, looks like they reconstructed the city and then edited and cut pieces here and there to make it fit the game. 

Bravo. Rockstar. 

• NADOLNY, IveGotNoValues and NikoPlease like this

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

As a los angeles resident. The amount of resemblance it has to los angeles. A lot of things are spot on. San Andreas was nothing near this, it really didn't look all that much like los angeles, more just inspired by. V, though, looks like they reconstructed the city and then edited and cut pieces here and there to make it fit the game. 

Bravo. Rockstar. 

Good to hear that from someone who really lives there

Krist075
  • Krist075

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

The whole world just seems real. I have been walking with Michael in downtown at night for 15 minutes admiring the scenery. Who would have thought walking was that fun.

• Ravinpurelight likes this

tjorda21
  • tjorda21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Glad everyone is enjoying the thread. It has been a long time since a game has been this revolutionary and detailed. Keep the stories coming guys. Already read some awesome stuff. 

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

The impeccable detail of many of the game's vehicles and the sheer number of them will forever blow my mind. What's more, the random events create the facade of a world teeming with uncertainty and constant mayhem -- it's like playing online without, well, being online!

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

How smart the cops are. The insane graphics. The ultra-realistic cars. The awesome "jumping on top of NPCs" thing lol So much more. This is definitely my favorite game of all time so far. They really gotta f*ck up badly later on in the game progression to change my mind.

Ravinpurelight
  • Ravinpurelight

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

This is suchhhh a gooood thread to read while its uinsalling, the excitement is reaching climaxtic proportionssss.....

Chopper Read
  • Chopper Read

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Pulled into Grove street with Cops chasing me. Niggas started running/jumping fences, and shoot out with the cops. LOL

• Amanny59 likes this

tree56uk
  • tree56uk

Shiny

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

As Mike I had finished a round of Golf and went back to save my game at his house. As I pull into the driveway, Jimmy comes out asking if the insurance covers him driving Tracy's car, and just got in and took off in it. It surprised me that he even left his room.

NPCs have their own lives! It's just amazing.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

I have only played this or a few hours but the way it has no loading screens like in Max Payne 3 but this time you can skip them, not that I would. One time I was leaving from the strip club and I heard gunfire. I ran out and I saw cops driving over a dead gangsters body, I got my first gun there :p. I love that taxi missions are back, in a good way. Taking selfies, smoking weed and watching Fame or Shame hosted by Lazlow when I want to chill is just icing on the cake.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

I know this is extremely minor, but it makes me personally feel I can rest assured.

Hard to explain, but whenever you turn in a car, the character's hands stay firmly glued to the wheel as it rotates. In IV, Niko's hands would turn with the wheel, but then jerk back into the "straight position" even if you're still making a turn. This is something that kinda peeved me in IV, just because I'm obsessive. It seems this has been fixed in V, as your character's hands actually stay in the proper position at all times.

• Cygnus V likes this

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Pulled into Grove street with Cops chasing me. Niggas started running/jumping fences, and shoot out with the cops. LOL

This!! I laughed my ass off

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

When you're on a mission, driving and you crash into something, the character (Lamar for example) will repeat the part of the line that was inaudible due to the crash. :D

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

A total clusterfÜck of a game I ever played and actually RAGE quit was Test Drive Unlimited 2. That pile of junk was Atari's main pile of junk. Every implementation they ever had in that game was terrible, and they made the rules where cheating the player was concerned. 

In the previous version you played in Hawaii, in TDU2 you start on a different island but for the largest portion of the game you are back in Hawaii and most everything is cut and pasted from the prior version. The garages were different interiors than before but cut and pasted onto the garages that previously existed. 

The social vibe in TDU2 was hard to come by because really it wasn't straight forward and to get anywhere you really needed to make a pest out of yourself. 

Keeping that clusterfÜck in mind GTA V is guaranteed to blow me away. 

GTA 5 is the chops bollocks ...but off subject..your guitar (if yours) is really nice ...i would love to have a jam on it lol :)

bergein
  • bergein

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Car horn customization love the general lee horn

RedChuCKz_
  • RedChuCKz_

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

Keep them coming guys love this thread, kill time while I'm at work.

GerritJan1998
  • GerritJan1998

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

On a Island a guy was sitting in the fire for some reason and when I tried to hit him he ran away to the see and escaped 

Lisha
  • Lisha

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Saw some f*cker steal this woman's purse, I chased him down numerous streets before I just shot him in the knees and returned what he'd stolen.

grantheftauto23
  • grantheftauto23

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Walked into the scene from No country for old men epic

Dear x Sergio
  • Dear x Sergio

︻╦╤─ ٩๏̯͡๏

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

I'm not too far in. So far it'd probably be when I went to take a selfie pic next to a Balla, and a swarm of them started to beat me up.

Random question: I just drank a soda. Can I Still pick it up? How?

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Awesome. Loving all this (aside from certain posts). Keep 'em coming. I got 4 hours left at work, then a commute home. 

• RedChuCKz_ likes this

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

LOL at trolls

metallipunk
  • metallipunk

Shine on you crazy diamond!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

awesome posts guys! I picked my copy up this morning on my way to work (one of the GameStop guys told me they were open at 8am). I walked in and no one in line!!!

I cannot wait to install this on my Xbox and play. I think I will likely freeroam for a long time before getting into missions and then GTA:O.  SO MUCH TO DO!!!!  :panic:

behe
  • behe

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

Great posts in this thread, absolutely perfect for readers. This thread actually got me more pumped than watching the leaked gameplay a few days ago. Props to everybodys random moments.
  • Black Rabbit likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:20 PM Edited by blk95ta, 17 September 2013 - 08:20 PM.

ROTFLMAO! i started one of the tow missions and i guess i'm supposed to drive a woman somewhere, she goes to get into the truck i was driving and opens the door right in front of a moving car and gets sandwiched between the truck and the open door and dies and i fail the mission hahahaha.

and i just robbed a gas station and escaped from the cops while driving a 57 chevy convertible! i love GTA LOL

Adecool
  • Adecool

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

the random instances in the city, once i pulled up to a homeless woman who was calling for help. she said her husband was bleeding or something and led me to an alleyway and the husband jumped out and robbed me at gunpoint. i gunned down the bitch but the dude got away, was pretty cool even though i lost allot of money. 

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:28 AM Edited by urbanfire, 18 September 2013 - 11:29 AM.

Another awesome small thing that blew away my mind: In one mission, you take amanda's car and need to repair it. I went the extra mile and pimped it out, adding chrome spray paint. I was Franklin at the time. After the mission ended, I forgot about the car until a few hours later, when I realised "sh*t, I didnt save the car in my garage!" I felt horrid, because I spent over 1k pimping it out. 

A few in-game days later, I went back to Michaels place, assuming Amanda's car would be red again as the default because I didn't save it. But there it was, parked on the kurb, a chromed up Sentinel!! 

Lukezordz
  • Lukezordz

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Last night I came out of the Barbers, and some pedestrians were in front of my car, so I honked the horn, the polite thing to do instead of running them down, and they didn't move, they looked at me and continued chatting. So, patiently, I honked the horn again. Next thing I see is one of the guys come over to me, pull me out the car and beat me to death.

Next time I'll think twice about NOT running someone over... Bastards.

• KingJay likes this

Breaking Windows
  • Breaking Windows

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Chop f**king another dog was so funny,i wasn't expecting that! It was something you would never see in any other game :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users