Quantcast

» «
Photo

Little things that have blown your mind?

351 replies to this topic
MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Chromatic aberration on the telescopic scopes. (seeing colours at the edges of bright objects)

If you centre a light source it looks fine then as you move the gun so the light nears the edge of the lens, the chromatic aberration increases. Just as it would with a real lens. The effect is clearly exaggerated but it's still there.

A nice little touch.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Once I was playing as franklin walking out the hospital. I walked on the road when suddenly a car came speeding by, slamming the brakes as he saw me and slightly hitting my legs and I fell on the ground. A couple of guys on the sidewalk saw this and ran to the guy that hit me and dragged him out of his car. They started punching him to death! I was laughing so hard, and when they were done they said something to me and I was like...WoW!...

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

This is the best thread since release, it really makes you appreciate the work that into this game.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

I saw CJ twice and no one believes me.

The Governor
  • The Governor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Ok, so it takes a lot of a "little" thing to blow my mind.  A lof of this stuff is just cool, but I saw something happen last night in SP that made me talk to myself out loud.  I called for a cab and decided to watch the drive for a bit and hit the hurry button for the cab.  We had to make a right turn but the red light made the traffic back up and he couldn't squeeze by....so.... the cab driver pulls a quick right into this parking lot drive down it, flips a left and out to the street we were suppose to turn on....

The freaking cab driver took an awesome short cut through the parking lot cause there was too much traffic to squeeze by.  And if that wasn't enough, he cut down this alley way because the light had turned red on the street we were going straight on....

It was awesome.  Such a really cool thing these CAB drivers do, but I'm sure most just skip the cab ride not seeing it.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

I'll blow your mind any time babehh..

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

When you're in exile from LS, when you follow Trevor long enough (playing as Mike) he will get angry and headbutt you. WASTED. Same thing happens to Trevor when you follow Mike.

Neonic9
  • Neonic9

Linki

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

The sound the helicopters make when you shoot the pilot.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I'd frame that.

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

The very first time it rained in LS, I saw 2 people at a red light put the roofs up on their convertibles. One was in a 9F and the other was in a Issi.

I was like oC0Gq.gif

• DeafMetal likes this

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

Took Amanda sailing as Michael. Bailed at sea and when I got to shore I took a photo of Amanda looking miserable with all her eye make-up smudged. I have a photo on the social club, I'll post when I'm next on my laptop.

Bat1
  • Bat1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Was walking with chop through the hood when suddenly I came across a homeless man beggin for a dollar. I was suspicious and thought he was a homeless fraud and commanded chop to rip him apart and then... nothing.. he dropped no money.. he really was a struggling homeless man and then I went to the strip club and made it rain

This comment blew my mind.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

The fish move out of the way when you swim near them. Seriously.

• Android likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

I hope you have sweet dreams

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

The very first time it rained in LS, I saw 2 people at a red light put the roofs up on their convertibles. One was in a 9F and the other was in a Issi.

I was like oC0Gq.gif

Haha I had the same look on my face when I noticed when it was raining, puddles were forming in the street. 

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:14 AM Edited by CorporalBean675, 11 October 2013 - 03:15 AM.

Yep same here. I saw a dude with the exact same clothes as him. I was doing an Online repo mission for Simeon  and one of the peds at Grove St did look like him.  

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

Yep same here. I saw a dude with the exact same clothes as him. I was doing an Online repo mission for Simeon  and one of the peds at Grove St did look like him.  

Just because you see a black guy with a tank top on doesn't mean it's CJ. Ever heard of an allusion?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

The feeling of suspension and the way gas flows and ignites just amazes me. I was towing a Gauntlet in my pimp out tow truck, I got it cleaned up, blue, armored, everything man. :( Then I hit a dead in in Vinewood Hills and the cops were onto me. I drove off a slight cliff and the Gauntlet exploded still hanging on while the tow truck flipped. I saw the gas ignite and lead up to the back of my truck and it lit up. I was like "Ohhhh boy!" And rushed to get out. I moved away and BOOM!

The explosions are just awesome.

• Neonic9 likes this

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Just because you see a black guy with a tank top on doesn't mean it's CJ. Ever heard of an allusion?

Black dude with a tank top, same haircut, and jeans.  True, obviously could have been an allusion to SA but just sayin' I saw someone identical to CJ. 

Bat1
  • Bat1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

The fish move out of the way when you swim near them. Seriously.

And I cared about the dog. 

• Grand Cannon likes this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

The draw distance.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

I was doing the LifeInvader mission and I was astonished at the little meeting in the head conference room. Just a random thing most people would ignore or never see but there it is, fully animated and full voice work. Jay Norris yelling at a meeting about privacy.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

The feeling of suspension and the way gas flows and ignites just amazes me. I was towing a Gauntlet in my pimp out tow truck, I got it cleaned up, blue, armored, everything man. :( Then I hit a dead in in Vinewood Hills and the cops were onto me. I drove off a slight cliff and the Gauntlet exploded still hanging on while the tow truck flipped. I saw the gas ignite and lead up to the back of my truck and it lit up. I was like "Ohhhh boy!" And rushed to get out. I moved away and BOOM!

The explosions are just awesome.

0_0.jpg

The aftermath

Dan Karies
  • Dan Karies

descendant of kraff

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

i was cracking up when trevor attempts to expose his dick. i was thinking "yeah now here comes the usual dick shot like in TBOGT" and i was prepared to see some 3D-modeled cock. then, he was shown from the back only and i thought: well, they didnt dare to do it again. suddenly when trevor tries to pull his pants up again he makes this movement and you can see his balls from the back. *LOOOL*

nb2010
  • nb2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by nb2010, 11 October 2013 - 02:47 PM.

I was like oC0Gq.gif

putting the roof up/down in my sentinel. can you do this with any other cars?

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

I was playing as Trevor and decided to hang out with Michael. Afterwards, I beat someone up and got a 1-star wanted level. So I ran near an alley and went into cover. I automatically assume the follower AI in games is retarded and that Mike would just start shooting at them and blow my cover, but I was mindf*cked to see that he also took cover on the opposite wall. It was like a movie. Then when the heat went away, he got off cover and began following me again. I was just... wow. They really took their time making the protags' AI feel believable.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by Raavi, 11 October 2013 - 02:56 PM.

How there are a reasonable number of accessible buildings in missions that are completely locked, with no way of entering them after the story.

How there are a few very detailed interiors of banks that aren't active nor involved in any mission. 

How a basic feature such as robbing convenience stores only is possible in GTA Online.

How there is property to buy in GTA Online but not in GTA V singeplayer.

How perks like for example calling in merryweather support are exclusive to GTA Online.

LochFyneMonster
  • LochFyneMonster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:34 PM Edited by LochFyneMonster, 11 October 2013 - 05:36 PM.

When you're in exile from LS, when you follow Trevor long enough (playing as Mike) he will get angry and headbutt you. WASTED. Same thing happens to Trevor when you follow Mike.

This happened to me  :lol: i was supposed to do a mission with Mike but had shown up with Trevor, switched and thought wtf when he was just sitting against the wall. I bumped into him and he stood up,the second time   :devil: wasted laughed my ass off.

P.s great thread, keep it going it made me definitely keep my eyes open more.

LoneWolfMargaret
  • LoneWolfMargaret

Gamer, Artist, Lone Wolf.

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

The majesty of the beards for Franklin, Michael, and Trevor.

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

The strip club and the strippers. Best sh*t ever!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

How there are a reasonable number of accessible buildings in missions that are completely locked, with no way of entering them after the story.

How there are a few very detailed interiors of banks that aren't active nor involved in any mission. 

How a basic feature such as robbing convenience stores only is possible in GTA Online.

How there is property to buy in GTA Online but not in GTA V singeplayer.

How perks like for example calling in merryweather support are exclusive to GTA Online.

You can rob 24/7s in SP. I have done it myself.

BOOCAKE4U
  • BOOCAKE4U

The Lurker

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:18 AM Edited by BOOCAKE4U, 17 October 2013 - 04:19 AM.

i accidentally hit a crow (i think, maybe it was a seagull) with the tail rotor of my buzzard earlier tonight...heard a loud "CAW!" and saw the little explosion of blood and feathers...actually felt kinda bad about it, hehe

there is a ton of hilarious incidental dialogue in various places (the CB radio in the towtruck and trevors truck while in blaine county, over the PA at the beach and at the prison, and so on)

and i found this in one of the prison guard towers (they are all the same)...note the nudie pics (gets lonely up there)

details01.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users