Quantcast

» «
Photo

Little things that have blown your mind?

351 replies to this topic
ObiJ0hnkenobi
  • ObiJ0hnkenobi

Trevors best freind

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Going onto a beach and wheel spinning sand On people, then they got up and ran away :D a nice touch

Jay9928
  • Jay9928

Bitch Ass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:30 PM Edited by Jay9928, 03 October 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Your character interaction (the right d-pad), As Franklin, I was on a beach, and Franklin said something like What's up dawg" ? The dude on the beach sounded nerdy and was talking about the troubles of his day. Out of curiosity, I hit the right D-pad again, and Franklin just said "F*ck you"

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Dat water 

neverAcquiesce
  • neverAcquiesce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Was on a mission with all three. Got out as Michael to switch to a better vehicle, only for the previous owner to yank me back out. Good ol' Trevor hopped out, blasted the guy to death, and we were on our way. For the NPC to take control like that and back me up was incredible.

Shot a lady through her car window and she died against her horn, causing it to blare incessantly.

Actually jumping when I caught my first glimpse of a shark.

Believing I was escaping the cops by making it to Trevor's safehouse, only to turn around once inside the bedroom to see two officers that had followed me in open fire.

Driving wrecklessly and taking out an umpteen number of citizens without a care in the world...but truly feeling remorse when I ran over a dog, heard the yelp, and saw the streaking blood off my tires.

Returning to SubUrban after "Friend Request" and hearing the shopkeep ask how the interview went.

On the drive up the mountains to deliver another poor soul to the Altruist freaks I stopped just a bit too long against a rock and the poor bastard, who had already expressed concern that we were going the wrong way, jumped out of the car and took off. I had no choice but to chase him down and shoot him.

Pulling out my pistol to rob another convenience store, only for the clerk to pull his own bigger gun, quickly necessitating my disposal of him.

Going to pick up a stripper for our "date" with some unwanted heat caused her to panic and run back inside.

Ran into Binco with a weapon drawn and another customer immediately called the cops while the clerk screamed that they were closed.

Oh, and don't try to help the cops if they're in a shootout. They won't take kindly to your vigilantism.

mike7077
  • mike7077

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

Some we're saying, it's impossible to go through a windshield in GTA V. Well, i speed up my car and ran into a solid phone post, i pass through the windshield and die instantaneously. I was shocked, cause i didn't thought they put that in the game.

Happened to me against a car going super fast, I couldn't even see the graphics load

namenotneeded2
  • namenotneeded2

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Wearing Epsilon Robes and when you talk to people they respond with 'Kifflom'.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

Slowly falling off a cliff that is about 4 meters high and then blowing up and dying. It really blew my mind who the hell thought of this and why didn't nobody stop him.

mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

1. I purchased a cognoscenti cabrio and pimped it. Stoped at a light and a couple of girls were at the corner, one snapped a photo with a cell and the other told me to f*ck her. 

2. I changed to Trevor to find him in a dress on top of Mount Gordo. so he was in the middle of nowhere with no ride. It took me 10 minutes walking to make the freeway and steal a ride. Also another time Trevor was in a Faggio chasing another dude and he kept calling him his "scooter brother" and "Where are you going scooter brother?" I kept this for 20 minutes, I was laughing my ass and almost crying at this.

3. My very first 5 stars and how f*cking impossible it is to shake the cops/army out. 

I just love this gave.

shotgun jeremy
  • shotgun jeremy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

I spent some time in SoCal and miss the beauty of it. This game really brought back memories for me of the sights. Driving along the coastline, they got it perfect. The water is exactly how I remember, and the mountains are just as huge. 

If you go on the beach when it's raining and drive-tire tracks pool up from where the lifeguards drive. There's a dozen tracks all on the same path. 

I like how when the cops are chasing you and shooting at you-they don't shoot out your entire back window at once (unless it's just a hail of gunfire). Chunks of it get shot out, and then the rest will fall as you beat up the truck, or as they shoot the rest of it. 

At one point, I had a lot of cops on my tail and I'm driving a cruiser all over the hillside. As I was flying through the air, I noticed that someone had shot my gas tank and I was leaking fuel! I've always thought it's ridiculous that a car blows up just from shooting the gas cap or fuel tank. The guys at rockstar must have watched the mythbusters episode that proves gas tanks don't blow up from shooting them, and rockstar finally fixed that. After I ditched the car-I did the obligatory shooting of the fuel trail, and had the car blow up as I was passing it in my next stolen vehicle. 

There's a spot down in the washout where they race cars at night. I don't know if it's every night, but I found myself down there one evening and caught them in the middle of a drag race. They had 3 sets of cars involved. 

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:14 AM Edited by grand theft scratchy 5, 06 October 2013 - 10:19 AM.

My petrol trail caught fire while i was pouring the trail. The fire caught up with me and blew up the jerry can and killed trev.

top gear, on 06 Oct 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Slowly falling off a cliff that is about 4 meters high and then blowing up and dying. It really blew my mind who the hell thought of this and why didn't nobody stop him.

This actually bugs me alot. I wanna smash my cars rolling down the cliff but it just blows up. It's like it has C4 on the roof. :lol:

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

GT: Preparation G

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Broke a window to steal a car but decided to hoof it anyway...
Stepped on to the glass...
I heard the crisp sound of shattered glass scraping against the other pieces and the asphalt while my oxfords "clop" mixed into the dissonance of the fractured window

f*ck I don't know why but I almost cried
  • Gutslab likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

I'm blown away by the frequency of the drop in scenario of Trevor spooning Floyd.

UniversalPsycho
  • UniversalPsycho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

If you pay attention in your car during first person, you can actually hear when you change gears!

Champers
  • Champers

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

When you come out of a pool, you leave a trail of water for a bit until it dries.

Rob Santos
  • Rob Santos

VAGO

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Well, this is kinda stupid.

Some rocks move when you hit them with a car or a motorcycle and a large rolled behind me after I hit her with a quad. :panic: This was on a hillside in Mt Chiliad. The "rolling stones"? 

crispyking
  • crispyking

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

I love the little details, but noticed something missing. Windscreen wipers when it rains.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

animals occasionally run across the road in front of you. I've swerved a couple of times, hit 1 deer. 

also, when you're on a highway or freeway, it actually feels like it for the first time in the series. Cars drive a good speed and dont ram into you if you slow down. 

MysteryOf V
  • MysteryOf V

MysteryOf V

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

What are some of the smallest details that have blown your mind so far.

For me it was the pure power of the hotknife in the desert. Sand rooster tailing until I slid onto an asphalt road.

What blew my mind is how I had sex with the same stripper like 8 times and she texted me saying she was pregnant.

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

I noticed also more realistic physical resistance to some props depending on what they are.You know those little metal/concrete bars that usually protect vulnerable/dangerous to hit stuff like gas tanks. Well if you hit them with a normal car or at normal velocity, they will just partly bend, but if you hit them really harder or with a larger vehicle, they can break up. Really nice attention to details.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Trevor's cock

BOOCAKE4U
  • BOOCAKE4U

The Lurker

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by BOOCAKE4U, 08 October 2013 - 08:39 PM.

1. driving home from paleto bay or somewhere one night, and coming up behind a bf surfer (vw microbus) with one tail light out (just a tiny thing, and probably the result of a slight accident, but still blew my mind)

2. finding out that if you get two or more of your characters together to "hang out", and just let them stand around and idle instead, they will have some pretty interesting conversations

3. discovering that the tides actually come in and go out! (pics below are over the course of about 5 minutes)

tidal1.jpg

tidal4.jpg

god level
  • god level

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

you are so real for this.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:49 PM Edited by jamieleng, 08 October 2013 - 08:58 PM.

The first time I pressed jump too early for a waist high fence & Franklin went arse over tit after his foot clipped the top of the fence. Most comical Euphoria animation yet & still makes you wince. It requires more precision when running & leaping fences, but worth it I think.

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

how bad the game is blew my mind, peace out , f*ck this game, f*ck these forums, im off

I agree. Gta has been downhill since liberty city stories.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

Super props for startin this topic OP! I've been reading this entire thread all day at work and there's some awesome details people shared that I didn't know of. If anything that needs to restore faith in this game is to read this thread!

Anyways I have a huge detail that hardly anyone would ever notice but it surprised me how R* implemented it:

-When you look at the waves at Vespucci Beach, they are small and roll softly. But if you go out to the countryside beaches that are hidden behind the mountains (like near the lighthouse) the waves over there are huge and the seem to break very close to shore!

Here's why, the ocean shelf at Vespucci is flatter and it doesn't drop until like half a mile from the beach, that's what causes the smooth east waves there.

Go over the country beach and you look under water at certain coves, the ocean shelf there has a very steep drop (some times not even 10 meters from dry land!) which causes the swells of the waves to be bigger and break almost directly on shore ("Dangerous Shorebreak" some of y'all surfers on here should know about that ;) ).

Just a quick trivia to show y'all how deep R* has made this game. Glitches and certain features missing be damned! This game is tight af.
  • shotgun jeremy likes this

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

It blows my mind to think someone thought yoga would be used more than once and maybe even thought it'd be fun.

Mind blown...

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

You can ignite gas trails with the backfire from your cars exhaust.

Also you can tow police cars that are chasing you!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

Del Perro pier. It reminds of what my neighborhood looked like before hurricane Sandy and most recently a big inferno destroyed much of it.

shotgun jeremy
  • shotgun jeremy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I was using the sub coasting along the beach, when I had to let off some rounds. So I get out, stand on top of it and start sniping people on the beach. Well, it got difficult because either the currents or recoil kept pushing me away from the beach! I was irritated, yet impressed. 

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

I placed a red Peyote on train rails in Rancho. Train wrecked it nicely, leaving the car burning. After the train had passed out of nowhere spawned a blue peyote with a driver on rails.

The guy was screaming and ran away in fear.

Then things got very messed, fire department arrived but they could not get to the burning car. They started to extinguish peds and cars that had stopped in traffic lights.

Peds got angry and killed the firemen :lol:

This game is nuts fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users