Quantcast

» «
Photo

Little things that have blown your mind?

351 replies to this topic
tjorda21
  • tjorda21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:02 PM Edited by tjorda21, 17 September 2013 - 12:27 PM.

What are some of the smallest details that have blown your mind so far.

For me it was the pure power of the hotknife in the desert. Sand rooster tailing until I slid onto an asphalt road.

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Now this might not seem like much to some of you, but I pulled a gun out and aimed at a guy sitting in his car, he swerved sideways, got out, and started firing at me! I really wasn't expecting that, this game feels so lifelike. You don't know who's a threat out there. I've had like 5 Vagos gang members (some of which looked like normal pedestrians at the time) start on me at the same time. 

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

how bad the game is blew my mind, peace out , f*ck this game, f*ck these forums, im off

• Anzand17 and botones like this

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

how bad the game is blew my mind, peace out , f*ck this game, f*ck these forums, im off

Goodbye bitch, you won't be missed a bit.

• frenzypsycho, IveGotNoValues, davetopper and 5 others like this

googlyamnesiac
  • googlyamnesiac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

How can anyone say this game is bad? Sure there might be parts that you dislike or aren't crazy on but to outright say how bad it is, well that's just insane. Nothing is likely to please these people in life as we know it.

• LennonNL likes this

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

GTFO dumbass

Shox
  • Shox

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

The sheer clarity blew my mind. It's just so crisp. Love it.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

A total clusterfÜck of a game I ever played and actually RAGE quit was Test Drive Unlimited 2. That pile of junk was Atari's main pile of junk. Every implementation they ever had in that game was terrible, and they made the rules where cheating the player was concerned. 

In the previous version you played in Hawaii, in TDU2 you start on a different island but for the largest portion of the game you are back in Hawaii and most everything is cut and pasted from the prior version. The garages were different interiors than before but cut and pasted onto the garages that previously existed. 

The social vibe in TDU2 was hard to come by because really it wasn't straight forward and to get anywhere you really needed to make a pest out of yourself. 

Keeping that clusterfÜck in mind GTA V is guaranteed to blow me away. 

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Now this might not seem like much to some of you, but I pulled a gun out and aimed at a guy sitting in his car, he swerved sideways, got out, and started firing at me! I really wasn't expecting that, this game feels so lifelike. You don't know who's a threat out there. I've had like 5 Vagos gang members (some of which looked like normal pedestrians at the time) start on me at the same time. 

That happened in IV.

Dan McChill
  • Dan McChill

Grove Street's Keeper

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Finding my other characters. I once found Trevor running from the cops. I went after them to help :p

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

WE WILL MISS YOUR SPARKLING WIT AND REPARTEE.

Also: whatever man.

• Ravinpurelight likes this

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Had three moments within a minute or so, one just driving up a mountain on an ATV at night with just the light from my headlight guiding the way was cool, then hearing a cougar growl right next to me which s*** me up, then finally getting to the top and turning around to look at LS at night for the first time.....

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Honestly, just driving around with no particular place to go, getting used to the driving mechanics. Its so refined and subtle. You can't just slam the thumbstick left or right, you kind of have to be easy and move it slightly. It feels so rewarding taking a nice corner like in a real car and not drifitng around the corner. For some reason I feel more encouraged to drive easy, almost as if they wanted us to enjoy the view.

Sidenote: I have the game paused right now, and I've got my turtle beach headphones on; the pause menu music is eargasmic. So trance-like.
  • Tzatziki likes this

Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

The attention to detail in a game world this massive.

Still cant comprehend it, jaw is still dropped....

• Tzatziki and Ravinpurelight like this

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:13 PM Edited by nadolny, 17 September 2013 - 01:14 PM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Finding my other characters. I once found Trevor running from the cops. I went after them to help  :p

is it possible (finding the other characters around)? thats cool

representa
  • representa

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by representa, 17 September 2013 - 01:33 PM.

The Vibration you get from driving. I can feel the power of the cars in my hands, Its amazing

• jv95_ and TabooV2 like this

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by ramtastic, 17 September 2013 - 01:20 PM.

2 things stood out for me. I came up to traffic at some lights and accidentally spun one of the cars out, so that our cars were nose to nose. I looked at him, him at me, he paused for a moment, flipped the bird and said "F*ck you asshole" .. 

2nd thing was I went to get a haircut and as I entered I was jumped by 4 purple mo fos - I'm still early in the game but I guess there's a gang element there too. 

Dlee13
  • Dlee13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

The realism of the A.I

Some great examples are:

I was standing outside Franklin's place and I hear cop sirens then all of a sudden a cop chases some guy past and rams him off the road. As soon as this happens all the NPC's on the street run into the middle of the road to watch but then both the guys and the cops jump out of their cars and start shooting so everyone starts running!

I robbed a petrol station and the next time I went back the guy instantly recognized me and freaked out and ran out, but another time I went it was a new employee who didn't know me. 

Also I seen some guys having a shoot out with the cops and one cop got killed using his car as cover so he was kinda slouched over. I seen his shotgun on the ground so I walked over to get it but as I got less than a meter from it, the cops body fell on the gun which made it fire and killed me in the process!

This game is such a masterpiece, I love everything about it! I nearly had a heart attack though when I thought my car was gone but thanks to the impound lot I got it back easy.

• NADOLNY, IveGotNoValues, Deba515 and 3 others like this

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

The realism of the A.I

Some great examples are:

I was standing outside Franklin's place and I hear cop sirens then all of a sudden a cop chases some guy past and rams him off the road. As soon as this happens all the NPC's on the street run into the middle of the road to watch but then both the guys and the cops jump out of their cars and start shooting so everyone starts running!

I robbed a petrol station and the next time I went back the guy instantly recognized me and freaked out and ran out, but another time I went it was a new employee who didn't know me. 

Also I seen some guys having a shoot out with the cops and one cop got killed using his car as cover so he was kinda slouched over. I seen his shotgun on the ground so I walked over to get it but as I got less than a meter from it, the cops body fell on the gun which made it fire and killed me in the process!

This game is such a masterpiece, I love everything about it! I nearly had a heart attack though when I thought my car was gone but thanks to the impound lot I got it back easy.

one of the best comments I've read so far

• swagbucks and Ravinpurelight like this

Dzqnn
  • Dzqnn

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

I played the game on my friend's Xbox360, so I noticed something awesome!!!

I entered in 24/7 store with Michael to buy something(don't remember what exactly..but), and some guys with masks was robbing it!!! So they told me to get down to the floor (just like in the heists) :D It was awesome

• thefinchmeister likes this

MrOptimistic
  • MrOptimistic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I walked into a store and found out that it was being robbed. Nothing says f#ck more, than finding a gun to your head as you enter a store. I chased and then gunned him and his accomplice down. I took that loot for myself as a personal reward for surviving.

Trip With Jesus
  • Trip With Jesus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

The Sheer detail is amazing. For it was driving from Blaine County to Los Santos at night. It looked amazing

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

you guys are making it sound so... beautiful :D

GTAV2011
  • GTAV2011

GTAV...2013

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

The attention to detail is phenomenal, if Liberty City felt real then Los Santos/Blaine County feels like you are actually there...Everything is just perfect.

JJD
  • JJD

Santa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Was walking with chop through the hood when suddenly I came across a homeless man beggin for a dollar. I was suspicious and thought he was a homeless fraud and commanded chop to rip him apart and then... nothing.. he dropped no money.. he really was a struggling homeless man and then I went to the strip club and made it rain
  • xinferio, phvntm, L14M333 and 1 other like this

Dlee13
  • Dlee13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

The realism of the A.I

Some great examples are:

one of the best comments I've read so far

Thanks :D I spend a lot of my time just free roaming to see how the A.I works

• IveGotNoValues likes this

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

characters changing clothes.

jumping and punching mid jump

BlackWolfx8109
  • BlackWolfx8109

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Oh shut up! This game is amazing. I love the action sequences it's like die hard meets lethal weapon

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

The first time I saw a female cop, I went over to say hi as Michael. A male cop was with her, and he didn't like me talking to her. So he started sh*t talking to me, and I sh*t talked him back, and all of a sudden he goes "Oh look, you just made me pull out my gun". All of a sudden i've got 2 stars and running for my dear life!

Also

Spoiler
. Kind of reminded me of saints row 4, but atleast in this case it made sense.  

• aviral and swagbucks like this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Little things that blow my mind?

MY DICK!

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users