Photo

is anyone else shockingly disappointed?

198 replies to this topic
MrA
  • MrA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

I've only played a couple of hours, I hope to get some more time on the game tonight after work, however I've found the driving to be a huge improvement over GTA IV.

The damage is fine for me, slight knocks and bumps wouldn't cause your car to buckle in, and I even had several occasions where I considered an impact to be light to find I'd knackered the lights and bumper. (Much to my dislike as it was a classy car).

I'm only early on and I've yet to find something I dislike. I've seen loads of posts where certain events, features etc... have really destroyed peoples immersion in the game, such as the flashing when shooting someone. It honestly didn't even register with me as a problem.

However, as I say, I'm early on in the game, but the neat little touches that they've obviously spent a long time thinking about are just mind blowing. I know changing character is a basic activity, but I love the camera zooming out and back in, just love it.

Anyway, just my view, driving, damage, map, activities, missions, graphics, sound, shooting etc... so far I have no issues at all, I'm instead totally absorbed in the excellence presented to me. I honestly don't know what people expected?

nb2010
  • nb2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

biggest gripe for me is there is no "classic" control option.

GTA Banjo
  • GTA Banjo

Blowing Virtual Characters Since 2013

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

I've had the game for 28 hours,and I've been playing 15hours of'em! So please STFU because the game is amazing! (And the story,gorgeous!)

dantheman9856
  • dantheman9856

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

3-4 hours isn't enough to play this game. in order to understand it, you need to put in a good 20 hrs i'm sure.

• SlingShotUK likes this

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Been a bit dissapointed at getting called a troll, but I'll get over it. 

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Quote trains a rollin. Duh duh duhhh duhh duh duhhhhhhn

planex
  • planex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:08 AM Edited by planex, 19 September 2013 - 05:08 AM.

I've playe about 18 hours and although I'm not bored with the game yet, I am VERY frustrated with it. There are a lot of little things (like the crappy white aiming reticle) that make the game feel as though Rockstar never play tested it.

Sipher
  • Sipher

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

I heard GTA 6 will give virtual orgasms - maybe that will satisfy your dissapointment in Rockstar/GTA Franchise.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:21 AM Edited by maxoS, 19 September 2013 - 05:24 AM.

Wait... got it 11 a cloock. Could play it at 12 a cloock. Until 12 a cloock. Makes 12 Hours.

Yesterday from 1PM to 11 PM. Makes 10 hours.

I played already 22 Hours... and I cant fking stop. Just school is stopping me.

No im not disapointend because I can see that the game makes fun not

like a dickhead OP Topic thread starter like you. Bitch.

Car Handling is awesome. You just got no brain to dive a car.

Physics are awesome. Buy some glasses

City + Blaine County is HUGE. Love to fly there with a cargo plane.

Helicopters and planes got AWESOME physics. But you alsp can choice to turn left or right with R! and L1 which make it arace. But if you only use L Stick then its like in RL. Bitch!"

Pantera2198
  • Pantera2198

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

Best game ever made. 

Trevor Phillips inc. mother f*cker. 

planex
  • planex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

I heard GTA 6 will give virtual orgasms - maybe that will satisfy your dissapointment in Rockstar/GTA Franchise.

Naw, they'll probably mess that up too. You'll have to buy the sex machine, but once you do you won't actually be able to use it, just resell it for an in-game profit.

Sipher
  • Sipher

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

Naw, they'll probably mess that up too. You'll have to buy the sex machine, but once you do you won't actually be able to use it, just resell it for an in-game profit.

Lol okay i've decided, anything you say negative about this game from now on i'm just going to to quote you with a long list of review scores.  I understand your somehow frustrated with the game but seriously man, you can't be THAT dissapointed.  You sound like you were expecting heaven.

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

9tGUI.gif

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:54 AM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 19 September 2013 - 10:55 AM.

idk why some people on here even THINK Im trolling. Ok my past posts are iirelevant but I posted that stuff because what I saw back then looked horrible and I needed to vent. After hearing some people on forums about how its not THAT bad, I started to get hyped again. And now when I actually got the game, though I was like 60-70% sure the driving would be bad, I was just shocked it how it is. I thought it would feel better actually playing it with the controller/vibrations etc... it was better but not enough to get over the downgraded physics.

Ok I can say IF I NEVER PLAYED GTA IV then I wouldve loved gta v so much more. This shows it is a downgrade no matter how you put it. Seeing as they had to reduce certain aspects of the game to fit it for current gen consoles wouldnt surprise me that they downgraded the driving.

Downgrade? Are you f*cking kidding me here, the A.I is a lot harder than any previous GTA title, it's nowhere near a downgrade. As a whole GTA V is a lot more harder than IV ever was! IV was good, but it was way too easy! This one does all sorts of tricks they have learned from their previous games and puts them into one. The dynamic score alone has some of the best in game soundtracks I've ever heard, from the install, to the map, its all very beautifully crafted! 

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

I agree the driving is really bad, to the 9th exponent bad, everything else is great though.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

I like the game so far but yeah unfortunately the driving sucks.

Slidey cars fixes it :)

But unfortunately it turns off after you die and in missions :/

No, it doesn't fix nothing. It makes things worse.

No.. it doesn't.  It's awesome. Braking takes longer, turning corners is harder and you can't ram the accelerator to start off quickly, you slowly press the trigger down. Feels so much more... GTA and less like SR. Makes everything far better.

this

i love how how far you press down the trigger has a big effect in car handling wich is why they won me over, because this isnt just a saints row arcade crap with no effort or thought put in, but theres still no excuse for the removed crumple or crash physics and reaction to cars when hitting them

also surely people can look past this if they truly dont like it, as the game is just that good.

Agree, slidey cars actually requires skill to drive, making it a challenging, dynamic and immerssive experience.  The new driving mechanics are pathetic.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

OP I really advise you to read through this whole topic right here (yes all 10 pages): http://gtaforums.com...view=getnewpost

It's a discussion of little details people have found in this game and it might inspire you to look around and also restore some faith in this game :).

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

Ok so I got the game a few hours ago and have been playing it for 3-4 hours, and I'm extremely shocked that I've already grown bored of it. Immediately during the first mission the car handling seemed okay. But once we got into the main world and started trying different cars, I realized this was it. I tried accepting it for what it is but it doesnt make sense. How  can rockstar go from a game like GTA IV to this. Here are some things that greatly disappointed me. (One thing that might have led to more disappointment for me only is that the graphics on my tv are jagged and the edges of things are pixelated, I think its a problem with my resolution and I have to adjust via the ps3.)

-The city doesn't seem that packed, though this isn't THAT much of a problem.

-The shooting in this game doesnt feel as "crunchy"...It feels less intense & more "fluid" when shooting a pistol in this game than gta iv.

-The CAR handling is pretty bad. The only good handling are with those large suburban looking SUVs- That really feels like a tightened GTA IV handling. But the normal cars and the super cars feel wayyy too light like an arcade game. There is no sense of mass when driving those vehicles. The cars turn too sharply and unrealistically  and drifting isnt possible for more than 2-3 seconds. You go by things soooo fast in this game that the world actually feels pretty small. I have no idea what the reviews were talking about honestly. If it had gta iv physics the world wouldve felt more real and big aka hard to travel in which would have been euphorically challenging.I also noticed that the damage over time is somewhat as good as GTA IV... BUT the immediate damage isn't as good as GTA IV... like when hoods fall off it looks like how it did in san andreas rather than a realistic gta IV animation.

-Physics aren't even close to gta iv. When I was driving and going over bumps, the cars would fly like an airplane, and when landing it had an unrealistic feel and sound to it.... Everything was just so shocking in its presentation because its not that good. GTA IV was so realistic that you can expect what would happen in a crash or a jump while driving. Here it is so arcade and game-like that you have no idea what your car will do in any situation, and you have less control because it is further away from reality and  you expect different outcomes. Its hard to describe.

-The planes/helicopters have horrible arcade controls. Again, no one had a complaint about helicopters in gta iv. They were perfect. In this game however, oh boy, the camera feels so stiff and the helicopter feels so unrealistic. It doesnt have any sense of mass either but acts as if it one of those dragonfly remote control planes, it can stop at any point in middle air in a fraction of a section, and it cant push its nose down realistically like if you want to shoot something, the arcade controls only allow the nose down for a few seconds...

U're not the only one, i think that half of the budget for this game was for corrupt the reviewers

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

Another self proclaimed physicist is playing the game.

Most of us are having a blast playing....sucks to be you.

FYI - This conversation died weeks ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users