Photo

is anyone else shockingly disappointed?

198 replies to this topic
dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

it's easy to tell when the OP doesn't have the game......bored? how? there is way too much going on and to do on the HUGE HUGE HUGE map.......

leroy1985
  • leroy1985

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

I like the game so far but yeah unfortunately the driving sucks.

Slidey cars fixes it :)

But unfortunately it turns off after you die and in missions :/

No, it doesn't fix nothing. It makes things worse.

No.. it doesn't.  It's awesome. Braking takes longer, turning corners is harder and you can't ram the accelerator to start off quickly, you slowly press the trigger down. Feels so much more... GTA and less like SR. Makes everything far better.

this

i love how how far you press down the trigger has a big effect in car handling wich is why they won me over, because this isnt just a saints row arcade crap with no effort or thought put in, but theres still no excuse for the removed crumple or crash physics and reaction to cars when hitting them

also surely people can look past this if they truly dont like it, as the game is just that good.

• Boxman108 likes this

Gazi
  • Gazi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

So go back and drive those boats at ugly, washy, empty, gray, never stop loading world of GTA IV walking with elephant switched to human form and sell your copy(if You have any) to someone else that dont have enough money to buy brend new copy and would love to play it and appriciate the effort of R* to release acton game worth of f*ckING 270mln$(no other greedy companies does that this days)  with beautifull city and huge world with almost endless opportunities to have fun with. And for money you get from selling you might buy new Call of Duty or Battlefield 3 slash and a half 4 and have fun.

GoodBye;)

JAG21
  • JAG21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

Its funny how the troll post has the most attention....SMH. Just leave him alone and stop giving him UNDESERVED attention. Hes prolly some 14 year old with no life. I have the game and anyone else who truly has it will agree that this game is pure awesome. Huge step from GTA 5, it feels ALIVE which makes the immersion so much better.People need to learn to appreciate a good thing and understand how hard it is to make a game THIS awesome on an 8  year old console. I might just unsubscribe man im tired of this stupid sh**

Lordani66
  • Lordani66

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

98 on Metacritic
/thread

GTA V owns everything. I think 98 is very good mark, I' d say it' s even 99, but 98 is enough for me.

ShaneHaughey
  • ShaneHaughey

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

The driving is much improved. People who think IV's handling is realistic and use it as a point against V that it is different have either never driven or confuse difficulty with realism. IV was unrealistic. Is V realistic? No. But it's better than IV's, which was difficult not in a skill-based way but rather in a random, useless way,

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

I'm kinda disappointed...the aliasing is so f*cking horrible...why didn't they go with the "blur-thingy" that went on with GTA IV? Eyes are bleeding like hell when you drive.

R* sure was bullsh*tting on those " in game " screens

THUNDER-TRUMP
  • THUNDER-TRUMP

Black Country Crew - Sole Member

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

I dont know why people have such a problem with the driving.
Im sorry but I find the driving in V whole heartedly better than IV

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

All you little COD kids seem to get bored quickly. If you don't like this GTA V, then GTA IS NOT FOR YOU. V is a masterpiece. Go wait for the next FPS/cod game.

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

The driving is much improved. People who think IV's handling is realistic and use it as a point against V that it is different have either never driven or confuse difficulty with realism. IV was unrealistic. Is V realistic? No. But it's better than IV's, which was difficult not in a skill-based way but rather in a random, useless way,

I drive every day and I can tell you that IV's driving is far more realistic than V's.

• Tuniturntablist likes this

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by dro0001, 17 September 2013 - 04:22 PM.

I drive every day and I can tell you that IV's driving is far more realistic than V's. V's driving is somewhere between saints row tehe third and crazy taxi. And yes I do have GTA, ive been playing it for the past 24 hours.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Wow op has NO IDEA what he is talking about.

Gazi
  • Gazi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by Gazi, 17 September 2013 - 04:25 PM.

I just suggest to leave forums and have fun with this game of decade and let the haters/trolls to burn out and without having any attention they will switch to bitch on some another game. Game is way it is and deal with it or sell it. Lets just discuss some more game related topics other than "oh god iam such much disappointed after playing this game for 3 hours and discovering like 1% of content this HUGE game has to offer, ohh, GTA IV was better at this and this" So go back to GTA IV and dont make more junk on those forums than it already is... .

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

OP, I think I know the answer to your problems...

R* is a company. Companies need to make money. How can you make good money with so many years of development?

1. you develop for next gen and pc
  2. you dumb down the graphics and release it for current gen
  3. once the buzz goes down you sell it for next gen
  4. and you will sell it again to EVERYONE for PC as you can install mods there to bring back the 'realistic' car handling.

And all you lovely people who say there is no problem with car controls: have you ever tried to drive a car? Have you tried driving it fast? GTA IV was much much closer to reality than V.

You want reality bitch? Then get your fa**ot ass outside and drive a real car. Video games are supposed to be fun, not real. Retard

Lol, you tell me I am a retard? You did not have a single word in there that made me feel you have thoughts behind your words.

He was right, you are f*cking retarded, if you want something realistic then get a simulator, GTA is a VIDEO GAME and not a damn SIMULATOR. fa**ot.

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

No.. it doesn't.  It's awesome. Braking takes longer, turning corners is harder and you can't ram the accelerator to start off quickly, you slowly press the trigger down. Feels so much more... GTA and less like SR. Makes everything far better.

this

i love how how far you press down the trigger has a big effect in car handling wich is why they won me over, because this isnt just a saints row arcade crap with no effort or thought put in, but theres still no excuse for the removed crumple or crash physics and reaction to cars when hitting them

also surely people can look past this if they truly dont like it, as the game is just that good.

Yeah you're in group of 1% of people ONLY that doesnt agree with driving, out of 100%, where the f*ck where you when Game Informer was informing us about the game back in Nov. 2012? Living under the rock all the time? If you dont like it then dont get it. fa**ot.

ShaneHaughey
  • ShaneHaughey

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

I drive every day and I can tell you that IV's driving is far more realistic than V's. V's driving is somewhere between saints row tehe third and crazy taxi. And yes I do have GTA, ive been playing it for the past 24 hours.

I never said V's was more realistic, just that the driving was better.:p As for IV's accuracy. we'll have to agree to disagree.

levidrugi
  • levidrugi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

OP, I think I know the answer to your problems...

R* is a company. Companies need to make money. How can you make good money with so many years of development?

1. you develop for next gen and pc
  2. you dumb down the graphics and release it for current gen
  3. once the buzz goes down you sell it for next gen
  4. and you will sell it again to EVERYONE for PC as you can install mods there to bring back the 'realistic' car handling.

And all you lovely people who say there is no problem with car controls: have you ever tried to drive a car? Have you tried driving it fast? GTA IV was much much closer to reality than V.

You want reality bitch? Then get your fa**ot ass outside and drive a real car. Video games are supposed to be fun, not real. Retard

Lol, you tell me I am a retard? You did not have a single word in there that made me feel you have thoughts behind your words.

He was right, you are f*cking retarded, if you want something realistic then get a simulator, GTA is a VIDEO GAME and not a damn SIMULATOR. fa**ot.

Where did I say I want a simulator? Why are you attacking me? Kiddo

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

this

Yeah you're in group of 1% of people ONLY that doesnt agree with driving, out of 100%, where the f*ck where you when Game Informer was informing us about the game back in Nov. 2012? Living under the rock all the time? If you dont like it then dont get it. fa**ot.

I love how people like you pretty much ignore half of the people on the forum.  We are HARDLY a minority with this much backlash.  It's evenly split and it is very clear that people who somehow like the handling in V pretty much sucked at driving in IV and blame their own lack of skill on "randomness".

• boxmonster likes this

leroy1985
  • leroy1985

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

this

why are you quoting, i said i like it, but hate that they removed the crumple and crash physics when hitting other cars,  gta 4 i actualy enjoyed smashing into cars, seriously whats with all the 6 year olds insulting people on the internet like they think there all gangsta, its an adult debate no need for the calling names like a pathetic little child

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Guys and gals.... please stop letting these "first couple of days" trolls get the best of you. 

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by Gst0395, 17 September 2013 - 04:59 PM.

I'm only 2 missions in and haven't even been out of Los Santos yet I can happily say I am NOT disappointed. The improved mechanics are a blast to play around with, and the graphics are brilliant for a current-gen game. Better than GTA IV so far. I like it alot.

Tzatziki
  • Tzatziki

House Chef

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hey, i'm 37 and i'm enjoying the game like nothing else, if this could help peoples around my age, the game is perfect, you don't have to be perfectionist to enjoy GTA V.

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

GTA V was hand crafted by God and personally handed down to Rockstar. Period.

The vehicle physics is EXCELLENT!  :^: 
The graphics and detail level is EXCELLENT!  :^: 
The combat is EXCELLENT!  :^: 
In fact, everything about V is EXCELLENT!  :^:  :^:  :^: 

I'm 6 hours in, have not even been outside Los Santos or seen any of the major attractions or heists and I'm absolutely LOVING it so far! :inlove:(and believe me I'm not an easy person to please when it comes to games)

Most of the cry babies are the thumb-sucking GTA IV fanboys who've got a hair up their ass over the vehicle physics  :cry:  (which by the way was the reason I didn't like IV and rage quit it a long time ago). Thank you Rockstar for fixing that! And Franklin's special ablility to slow down time while driving!?... Wow! Just f*cking mindblowing and beautiful! :inlove:

If you really don't like this game then that's fine. Just remember, you actually do have the option to not play it.

• Tzatziki likes this

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

I notice the majority of people "disappointed" joined in the last month or two. Most of which signed up in the last few days....hmmm......

Tzatziki
  • Tzatziki

House Chef

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:14 PM Edited by Tzatziki, 17 September 2013 - 05:14 PM.

I notice the majority of people "disappointed" joined in the last month or two. Most of which signed up in the last few days....hmmm......

Or they have a car, or, should i said modified car as avatar and signature....

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

No. f*cking love it so far.

zalanith
  • zalanith

I <3 R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Look. Rockstar is genius.

Grand Theft Auto V , is just glimpse for Grand Theft Auto Online , the actual gta rockstar want to deliver. Since it is just a glimpse , its not supposed to be enjoyable as it should(even if there are many things to do there) because GRAND THEFT AUTO V was meant for its story , and GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE is for anything else beside the story ... the real GTA moment are locked there. So be patient , enjoy the story dude. Try get 100% game completion is ur current objective , and you will eventually find get into the game. Have fun.

all his competitor already think the game is bored , mean that R* is successfully playing with their mind.

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

this

why are you quoting, i said i like it, but hate that they removed the crumple and crash physics when hitting other cars,  gta 4 i actualy enjoyed smashing into cars, seriously whats with all the 6 year olds insulting people on the internet like they think there all gangsta, its an adult debate no need for the calling names like a pathetic little child

So you wanted Rockstar to copy and paste like Infinity Ward does ever year they release new CoD? Dont call me pathetic little child, you dont even know me.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

this

So you wanted Rockstar to copy and paste like Infinity Ward does ever year they release new CoD? Dont call me pathetic little child, you dont even know me.

Nah, we just wanted improvement, which is normal for most good series to do.  I guess the idea of "improvement" for some is dumbing things down to the point where nothing takes skill at all.

• Blue_spiky likes this

BebopBang
  • BebopBang

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

I love every bit of it. It's actually exceeded my expectations, especially the mission structure and variety. If anything, I think cars should take damage more easily, but even that doesn't bother me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users