Photo

is anyone else shockingly disappointed?

198 replies to this topic
1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

i felt the same as you when i first started playing, but now i love the driving, allthough i didnt hate the game just cuz of car handling, but the one thing i am still dissapointed with is the car crash physics, you can hit something at 100 miles an hour and barely anything happens, that is a big step down from 4, i loved how the cars crumpled like in real life in gta 4, but the arcadey handling just takes getting used to, i love it now but hated it at first

i also really loved the handling in gta 4 and didnt want them to change it, but now theyve won me over, just give it alot more time youll come around, but the crashes are hugely dissapointing and id like to know there reason for literly removing crash physics, the cars get damaged but im not talking about damage im talking about how cars react when you hit them

oh well, the game is so amazing it really doesnt bother me anyways

i guessing they thought people didnt like the fast crumpling effects :/. i enjoyed it my self but its somehing i can easyily look past. i also understand the route they took with driving. they wanted the driving to feel like a seperate game so they took the idea from mdcLA. as it turns out some people don't like it.as for me i don't really care,but i guess some do.

best thing they could have done is give the option to change the handling style from arcade mode to realistic driving mod..that way ppl would not complain and everybody would be satisfied.

• AlasClarin likes this

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

I agree with you OP, some are just fanboys which don't want to accept that Rockstar is not perfect.

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

I like the game so far but yeah unfortunately the driving sucks.

mooonlights
  • mooonlights

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Slidey cars fixes it :)

But unfortunately it turns off after you die and in missions :/

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

No, it doesn't fix nothing. It makes things worse.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

joined 4days ago, that explains something.

He's been trolling for all 4 days.. This guy is dedicated.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

joined 4days ago, that explains something.

He's been trolling for all 4 days.. This guy is dedicated.

I don't know about his other threads, but this one has a point and it's legit for me.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

I agree with you OP, some are just fanboys which don't want to accept that Rockstar is not perfect.

And you won't accept that rockstar is not that bad...otherwise you wouldn't be on these GTA (quouteGTA) forums.

mooonlights
  • mooonlights

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:52 PM Edited by mooonlights, 17 September 2013 - 12:52 PM.

No, it doesn't fix nothing. It makes things worse.

No.. it doesn't.  It's awesome. Braking takes longer, turning corners is harder and you can't ram the accelerator to start off quickly, you slowly press the trigger down. Feels so much more... GTA and less like SR. Makes everything far better.

rollcageuk
  • rollcageuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

I love reading peoples reviews and reactions.

With Metacritic, you do need to take everything with a pinch of salt, but I also find it funny that nearly all the bad scores on Meta are completely lacking in valid complaints. 

1 talking gibberish - huh?

4 complaining about lack of PC - it's a review site for the console game, so review the console game idiots, not the PC or lack thereof.

1 complaining about random violence - now while I would say it is a valid complaint , why the hell would you buy a GTA game if you don't like violence. for 5 games the game play has revolved around violence and sex and other similar concepts, so this should be no surprise. It's an 18 game so of course it contains swearing, sex and violence. Ok they have ramped up the sex part(I used to remember just watching the car rock when you picked up a hooker, it was funny)

and a couple complaining about the graphics and car handling(which I love).

So, overall it seems that even with the usual twist of degenerates and idiots on meta, very few actually had legitimate complaints...sounds like a success to me.

Does the op have a valid point? well, he would if hadn't decided to spend the last 4 days trolling. Post a bad review, fair enough, but to then come back several more times to post more of the same = pure trolling.

/Fail

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Go play sh*ts Row IV / COD, suckers

D1RTY®
  • D1RTY®

• D1RTY12
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

I agree about the physics, big downgrade and dumbed down which they lied and said the exact opposite, all the vehicles really.
This is a forum for discussion not an all praise Allah uh I mean rockstar and any negative constructive critism is not allowed according to some of you and automatically equals a troll or noob.
Well I been here 5 years and am a fan not a fanboy, I will criticise what I don't like just like when IV came out everyone criticised the physics and now look what happened.
GTA now is no better than other sandbox's now with it's cheap tacky physics.
You can have everything in a game but if it feels weak/loose cheap then it's all meaningless.
Feel free to cry about what I said and attack me because of my opinion, I know some of you'd love to.
Any way despite this criticism it is a good game but my favourite part of GTA has gone, it's a shame for me personally.
If only it had IV physicsn with V map would have been the perfect game.
  • levidrugi and 78 lil red express like this

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

That's what happens my friend, when you overhype something to the extreme SO BAD that you place unrealistic expectations on it.

It's your own fault.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:11 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 17 September 2013 - 01:11 PM.

That's what happens my friend, when you overhype something to the extreme SO BAD that you place unrealistic expectations on it.

It's your own fault.

it's really overhype to think that vehicle handling and vehicle damage will be, at least, like the old GTA IV game? Really? Wow.

• D1RTY® likes this

Blitzkriegboom2
  • Blitzkriegboom2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

Not disappointed at all. the majority of people hated IV's driving, they arent going to cater for a minority.

• cheetah_7 likes this

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

I can  see what people mean by the car physics I suppose. I doesn't really bother me though, it means the driving is a bit more fun I think. 

At the end of the day, the fans were screaming out for a return to the 'funness' of san andreas. The heavy driving in IV was almost tiresome, in my opinion. 

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

It's your own fault.

it's really overhype to think that vehicle handling and vehicle damage will be, at least, like the old GTA IV game? Really? Wow.

So vechile handling has RUINED this WHOLE GAME is what you are telling me? Cmon man..

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

What have you expected from 8-year-old machines? lol.

line of chop
  • line of chop

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

GTA V is superior to GTA IV in every single f*cking way, it aint even funny. I suggest you grab a belt and hang yourself.

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Ok so I got the game a few hours ago and have been playing it for 3-4 hours, and I'm extremely shocked that I've already grown bored of it. Immediately during the first mission the car handling seemed okay. But once we got into the main world and started trying different cars, I realized this was it. I tried accepting it for what it is but it doesnt make sense. How  can rockstar go from a game like GTA IV to this. Here are some things that greatly disappointed me. (One thing that might have led to more disappointment for me only is that the graphics on my tv are jagged and the edges of things are pixelated, I think its a problem with my resolution and I have to adjust via the ps3.)

-The city doesn't seem that packed, though this isn't THAT much of a problem.

-The shooting in this game doesnt feel as "crunchy"...It feels less intense & more "fluid" when shooting a pistol in this game than gta iv.

-The CAR handling is pretty bad. The only good handling are with those large suburban looking SUVs- That really feels like a tightened GTA IV handling. But the normal cars and the super cars feel wayyy too light like an arcade game. There is no sense of mass when driving those vehicles. The cars turn too sharply and unrealistically  and drifting isnt possible for more than 2-3 seconds. You go by things soooo fast in this game that the world actually feels pretty small. I have no idea what the reviews were talking about honestly. If it had gta iv physics the world wouldve felt more real and big aka hard to travel in which would have been euphorically challenging.I also noticed that the damage over time is somewhat as good as GTA IV... BUT the immediate damage isn't as good as GTA IV... like when hoods fall off it looks like how it did in san andreas rather than a realistic gta IV animation.

-Physics aren't even close to gta iv. When I was driving and going over bumps, the cars would fly like an airplane, and when landing it had an unrealistic feel and sound to it.... Everything was just so shocking in its presentation because its not that good. GTA IV was so realistic that you can expect what would happen in a crash or a jump while driving. Here it is so arcade and game-like that you have no idea what your car will do in any situation, and you have less control because it is further away from reality and  you expect different outcomes. Its hard to describe.

-The planes/helicopters have horrible arcade controls. Again, no one had a complaint about helicopters in gta iv. They were perfect. In this game however, oh boy, the camera feels so stiff and the helicopter feels so unrealistic. It doesnt have any sense of mass either but acts as if it one of those dragonfly remote control planes, it can stop at any point in middle air in a fraction of a section, and it cant push its nose down realistically like if you want to shoot something, the arcade controls only allow the nose down for a few seconds...

I agree with you on every single point, especially the shooting and driving. A step back from GTA IV, looks like i will be playing allot more of GTA IV.

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

What have you expected from 8-year-old machines? lol.

The driving mechanics have nothing to do with how old the console is.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

It's your own fault.

So vechile handling has RUINED this WHOLE GAME is what you are telling me? Cmon man..

Vehicles are main part of the game, and most of the time you are on a vehicle so yes, most of it. But it's not a problem for PC version because we'll have mods, I only wonder why the hell Rockstar make it worse and less realistic than GTA IV, specially the bycicle.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

It's your own fault.

It's called change neophobe.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

You said multiple times you're waiting for the PC release and haven't played it.

So agree my ass.

Mr.Paper
  • Mr.Paper

f*ck you Lucifer.

• Members

I hate Grand Theft Auto V. Rockstar can burn in hell.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

This roughly translates into "Hi, the only GTA I've ever played has been IV."

mooonlights
  • mooonlights

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Cars - Saints Row

Motorbikes/Quads - Crazy taxi

Slidey cars - GTA IV

Undertaker13
  • Undertaker13

Soon®

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'm disappointed, because I still didn't get my f*cking copy!

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Pretty blown away with it right now actually.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

idk why some people on here even THINK Im trolling. Ok my past posts are iirelevant but I posted that stuff because what I saw back then looked horrible and I needed to vent. After hearing some people on forums about how its not THAT bad, I started to get hyped again. And now when I actually got the game, though I was like 60-70% sure the driving would be bad, I was just shocked it how it is. I thought it would feel better actually playing it with the controller/vibrations etc... it was better but not enough to get over the downgraded physics.

Ok I can say IF I NEVER PLAYED GTA IV then I wouldve loved gta v so much more. This shows it is a downgrade no matter how you put it. Seeing as they had to reduce certain aspects of the game to fit it for current gen consoles wouldnt surprise me that they downgraded the driving.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users