» «
Photo

is anyone else shockingly disappointed?

198 replies to this topic
brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:02 AM Edited by brian., 17 September 2013 - 11:03 AM.

98 on Metacritic
/thread

referenced metacritic

/membership
98 on Metacritic. Don't know what you want from me.

Just don't reference metacritic. It is fanboy swayed, people vote based on emotion there, people who don't even own the game, vote games high or low based on how they decide to attack the developer or praise them that day.

It's about as reliable an indicator of quality as as a slight cough is in indicator of aids.

thedkexperience
  • thedkexperience

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm only shockingly disappointed with your lack of taste in exceptional video games.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Ok so I got the game a few hours ago and have been playing it for 3-4 hours, and I'm extremely shocked that I've already grown bored of it. Immediately during the first mission the car handling seemed okay. But once we got into the main world and started trying different cars, I realized this was it. I tried accepting it for what it is but it doesnt make sense. How  can rockstar go from a game like GTA IV to this. Here are some things that greatly disappointed me. (One thing that might have led to more disappointment for me only is that the graphics on my tv are jagged and the edges of things are pixelated, I think its a problem with my resolution and I have to adjust via the ps3.)

-The city doesn't seem that packed, though this isn't THAT much of a problem.

-The shooting in this game doesnt feel as "crunchy"...It feels less intense & more "fluid" when shooting a pistol in this game than gta iv.

-The CAR handling is pretty bad. The only good handling are with those large suburban looking SUVs- That really feels like a tightened GTA IV handling. But the normal cars and the super cars feel wayyy too light like an arcade game. There is no sense of mass when driving those vehicles. The cars turn too sharply and unrealistically  and drifting isnt possible for more than 2-3 seconds. You go by things soooo fast in this game that the world actually feels pretty small. I have no idea what the reviews were talking about honestly. If it had gta iv physics the world wouldve felt more real and big aka hard to travel in which would have been euphorically challenging.I also noticed that the damage over time is somewhat as good as GTA IV... BUT the immediate damage isn't as good as GTA IV... like when hoods fall off it looks like how it did in san andreas rather than a realistic gta IV animation.

-Physics aren't even close to gta iv. When I was driving and going over bumps, the cars would fly like an airplane, and when landing it had an unrealistic feel and sound to it.... Everything was just so shocking in its presentation because its not that good. GTA IV was so realistic that you can expect what would happen in a crash or a jump while driving. Here it is so arcade and game-like that you have no idea what your car will do in any situation, and you have less control because it is further away from reality and  you expect different outcomes. Its hard to describe.

-The planes/helicopters have horrible arcade controls. Again, no one had a complaint about helicopters in gta iv. They were perfect. In this game however, oh boy, the camera feels so stiff and the helicopter feels so unrealistic. It doesnt have any sense of mass either but acts as if it one of those dragonfly remote control planes, it can stop at any point in middle air in a fraction of a section, and it cant push its nose down realistically like if you want to shoot something, the arcade controls only allow the nose down for a few seconds...

You think just the same as me, i agree with every word, i have that sharp edges and pixilation problems on my 360 too, even the GFX was better in IV..  ive been so hyped for this, a huge letdown, HUGE

Accept the fact that you are playing on an 8 year old machine...game with tons of detail and huge draw distances....they have to keep the FPS up and stable. What is one thing that really hurts frames? Anti-Aliasing.  So the AA was lowered quite a bit to keep a steady, decent frame rate.  If it bugs you guys that much, there is always the PC version to look forward to.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

98 on Metacritic
/thread

Although I can't comment on the game yet, I find it amusing you believe everything you read on Metacritic. And although it may not be true, there is a user review of 7 out of 10 from a private account saying he actually reviews for a magazine and was told he couldn't give it a score below 90 in the magazine.  

sad story bro.

That's a lie, why a reviewer had guts to give 70/100?

mrbozzedup
  • mrbozzedup

Tryna Get out this Bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Gta iv had sh*tty driving . Felt like I was driving a boat. V reminds me of the 3d era games which were fun. But to answer your question no I'm not disappointed but I'm lost on this big ass map
  • Trip With Jesus likes this

colonelfrost8
  • colonelfrost8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

98 on Metacritic
/thread

Although I can't comment on the game yet, I find it amusing you believe everything you read on Metacritic. And although it may not be true, there is a user review of 7 out of 10 from a private account saying he actually reviews for a magazine and was told he couldn't give it a score below 90 in the magazine.  

sad story bro.

That's a lie, why a reviewer had guts to give 70/100?

thats fine, he had guts. i give him credit. but he is trying to use that too get his point across. thats 1 person in 7 billion.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

98 on Metacritic
/thread

It must be true if it's on the internet.

Joystick love
  • Joystick love

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

You think just the same as me, i agree with every word, i have that sharp edges and pixilation problems on my 360 too, even the GFX was better in IV..  ive been so hyped for this, a huge letdown, HUGE[/quote] try adjusting your TV's setting, especially any sharpness settings bud!

Digital X
  • Digital X

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

Not disappointed with any aspect of game play I've played so far. The driving is great for me, I feel it's a massive improvement over GTA 4.

Everything seems to "fit" so well when playing.

levidrugi
  • levidrugi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

OP, I think I know the answer to your problems...

R* is a company. Companies need to make money. How can you make good money with so many years of development?

1. you develop for next gen and pc
  2. you dumb down the graphics and release it for current gen
  3. once the buzz goes down you sell it for next gen
  4. and you will sell it again to EVERYONE for PC as you can install mods there to bring back the 'realistic' car handling.

And all you lovely people who say there is no problem with car controls: have you ever tried to drive a car? Have you tried driving it fast? GTA IV was much much closer to reality than V.

You want reality bitch? Then get your fa**ot ass outside and drive a real car. Video games are supposed to be fun, not real. Retard

Lol, you tell me I am a retard? You did not have a single word in there that made me feel you have thoughts behind your words.

colonelfrost8
  • colonelfrost8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Ok so I got the game a few hours ago and have been playing it for 3-4 hours, and I'm extremely shocked that I've already grown bored of it. Immediately during the first mission the car handling seemed okay. But once we got into the main world and started trying different cars, I realized this was it. I tried accepting it for what it is but it doesnt make sense. How  can rockstar go from a game like GTA IV to this. Here are some things that greatly disappointed me. (One thing that might have led to more disappointment for me only is that the graphics on my tv are jagged and the edges of things are pixelated, I think its a problem with my resolution and I have to adjust via the ps3.)

-The city doesn't seem that packed, though this isn't THAT much of a problem.

-The shooting in this game doesnt feel as "crunchy"...It feels less intense & more "fluid" when shooting a pistol in this game than gta iv.

-The CAR handling is pretty bad. The only good handling are with those large suburban looking SUVs- That really feels like a tightened GTA IV handling. But the normal cars and the super cars feel wayyy too light like an arcade game. There is no sense of mass when driving those vehicles. The cars turn too sharply and unrealistically  and drifting isnt possible for more than 2-3 seconds. You go by things soooo fast in this game that the world actually feels pretty small. I have no idea what the reviews were talking about honestly. If it had gta iv physics the world wouldve felt more real and big aka hard to travel in which would have been euphorically challenging.I also noticed that the damage over time is somewhat as good as GTA IV... BUT the immediate damage isn't as good as GTA IV... like when hoods fall off it looks like how it did in san andreas rather than a realistic gta IV animation.

-Physics aren't even close to gta iv. When I was driving and going over bumps, the cars would fly like an airplane, and when landing it had an unrealistic feel and sound to it.... Everything was just so shocking in its presentation because its not that good. GTA IV was so realistic that you can expect what would happen in a crash or a jump while driving. Here it is so arcade and game-like that you have no idea what your car will do in any situation, and you have less control because it is further away from reality and  you expect different outcomes. Its hard to describe.

-The planes/helicopters have horrible arcade controls. Again, no one had a complaint about helicopters in gta iv. They were perfect. In this game however, oh boy, the camera feels so stiff and the helicopter feels so unrealistic. It doesnt have any sense of mass either but acts as if it one of those dragonfly remote control planes, it can stop at any point in middle air in a fraction of a section, and it cant push its nose down realistically like if you want to shoot something, the arcade controls only allow the nose down for a few seconds...

everything you post on this site is nohing positive. much like a trolls behavior....... the world may never know.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

I agree the handling is pretty arcadey. But I still enjoy the game so far.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:23 AM Edited by KillaDanny, 17 September 2013 - 11:23 AM.

at first I thought he was being honest and I was like "ok everyone has his own opinion" but then I saw what he has been posting on this forum lately and it's all hating the game... so he's obviously another kid who likes to whine about every little detail or just a troll who hasn't even played the game yet

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

nah this dude is right. i completely agree. a minor change like the driving and damage can change the entire feel of a game. it feels fast and arcady leaving u buzzing by the world. also the nice cars off the start of the game leaves u not caring for cars at all since they are easy to get.

And how motherf*ckers complained about the driving of IV, now the same motherf*ckers complain about the driving of V, you'll get used to it, just like you did with IV. The same motherf*ckers always complain and whine. You don't like the game, fine don't play it, you want to express your opinion, fine express it, but don't say as if it's a fact, your opinion is NOT a fact, and barely matters because you take the side of minority who don't enjoy the game. so.. you're kind of wrong here going on forums, slagging GTAV off, and expecting what? There is no point unless you just want to troll on people...

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

to be honest i havent played the game yet but ive watched some gameplay footage of it and it did seem quite arcadey and like the vehicles didnt have any mass and or physics to it like what the OP who did play the game described..i honestly think that GTA IV had way better vehicle handling than V, except for that i think the game is brilliant, lets hope theyll fix the handling via patch update or something.

trenken
  • trenken

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thankfully I thought 4 was flat out awful so they can only go up from there. 

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

OP sounds like a whiny little bitch. No offense.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

OP sounds like a whiny little bitch. No offense.

You just offended the OP a lot and then you said 'no offense'

Wot.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:46 AM Edited by ArcaneKnight, 17 September 2013 - 11:47 AM.

No, arcadey handling is a lot funner than having to slow down to a damn near dead stop to be able to hang a turn, like you had to in IV no matter if you were driving a super car or not.

Now I have a sports car.. My car STICKS TO THE ROAD and handles like a dream. If I turn sharp enough, the back end will whip out and start powersliding causing a drift.. ALL THAT WAS NON EXISTENT IN IV as even if you cranked the wheel all the way to the left or right, it would only turn a few degrees in either direction.

Therefore, IV's handling was unrealistic and dumbed down for people that simply don't have the hand eye coordination to be able to handle superior driving mechanics.

Go play IV if you want garbage driving mechanics. R* will be making a monumental mistake if they're swayed into bringing IV's driving physics back. Pure trash.

• davetopper likes this

Goose0716
  • Goose0716

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

No, arcadey handling is a lot funner than having to slow down to a damn near dead stop to be able to hang a turn, like you had to in IV no matter if you were driving a super car or not.

Now I have a sports car.. My car STICKS TO THE ROAD and handles like a dream. If I turn sharp enough, the back end will whip out and start powersliding causing a drift.. ALL THAT WAS NON EXISTENT IN IV as even if you cranked the wheel all the way to the left or right, it would only turn a few degrees in either direction.

Therefore, IV's handling was unrealistic and dumbed down for people that simply don't have the hand eye coordination to be able to handle superior driving mechanics.

Go play IV if you want garbage driving mechanics. R* will be making a monumental mistake if they're swayed into bringing IV's driving physics back. Pure trash.

Exactly!

Mike Haddrick
  • Mike Haddrick

Not your favorite poster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

nop

still getting the game

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:52 AM Edited by ItsClipZz, 17 September 2013 - 11:54 AM.

lies, you cant drift in V , your car just goes the way its pointing 

and no , IVs driving was awsome, you was the one who could not do the hand eye for that.

the fact you need to slow down , or powerslide , fight your car sliding. makes it real.

V is driving for dummies

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

This thread truly expresses how utterly stupid, narrow minded, and idiotic some of you members are on this section of the forum. Somebody expresses a different opinion and he gets bashed. What is wrong with some of you? I thought this stupidity would end right after release? Guess I have to give it a few more weeks.

• RyanBurnsRed and levidrugi like this

TwasthedaybeforeGTAV
  • TwasthedaybeforeGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

So just return the game so you can get  a refund. That way you can pay that $60 to buy enough dildos to shove up your picky ass. 

colonelfrost8
  • colonelfrost8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

to be honest i havent played the game yet but ive watched some gameplay footage of it and it did seem quite arcadey and like the vehicles didnt have any mass and or physics to it like what the OP who did play the game described..i honestly think that GTA IV had way better vehicle handling than V, except for that i think the game is brilliant, lets hope theyll fix the handling via patch update or something.

This thread truly expresses how utterly stupid, narrow minded, and idiotic some of you members are on this section of the forum. Somebody expresses a different opinion and he gets bashed. What is wrong with some of you? I thought this stupidity would end right after release? Guess I have to give it a few more weeks.

i agree. but when all the op does is bash on every post about driving.it turns silly.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Seriously tho, I would NOT say Snacker111 was even shocked, he spent all his time on these forums since the game leaked bashing every single little drop of anything.

NorthofSeattle
  • NorthofSeattle

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Nope. Love everything but the airplane controls.

leroy1985
  • leroy1985

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

i felt the same as you when i first started playing, but now i love the driving, allthough i didnt hate the game just cuz of car handling, but the one thing i am still dissapointed with is the car crash physics, you can hit something at 100 miles an hour and barely anything happens, that is a big step down from 4, i loved how the cars crumpled like in real life in gta 4, but the arcadey handling just takes getting used to, i love it now but hated it at first

i also really loved the handling in gta 4 and didnt want them to change it, but now theyve won me over, just give it alot more time youll come around, but the crashes are hugely dissapointing and id like to know there reason for literly removing crash physics, the cars get damaged but im not talking about damage im talking about how cars react when you hit them

oh well, the game is so amazing it really doesnt bother me anyways

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

IV = unresponsive handling, unrealistic turn radius on cars, etc.

V = responsive handling like in real life, your car goes where you turn it like in real life, etc.

If you have a problem with V's driving, then you can go play IV. Nobody is forcing you to drive cars around in V.

It's not anyoe elses problem but your own. Now eat a big, fat..

DEAL WITH IT.

colonelfrost8
  • colonelfrost8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:09 PM Edited by colonelfrost8, 17 September 2013 - 12:14 PM.

i felt the same as you when i first started playing, but now i love the driving, allthough i didnt hate the game just cuz of car handling, but the one thing i am still dissapointed with is the car crash physics, you can hit something at 100 miles an hour and barely anything happens, that is a big step down from 4, i loved how the cars crumpled like in real life in gta 4, but the arcadey handling just takes getting used to, i love it now but hated it at first

i also really loved the handling in gta 4 and didnt want them to change it, but now theyve won me over, just give it alot more time youll come around, but the crashes are hugely dissapointing and id like to know there reason for literly removing crash physics, the cars get damaged but im not talking about damage im talking about how cars react when you hit them

oh well, the game is so amazing it really doesnt bother me anyways

i guessing they thought people didnt like the fast crumpling effects :/. i enjoyed it my self but its somehing i can easyily look past. i also understand the route they took with driving. they wanted the driving to feel like a seperate game so they took the idea from mdcLA. as it turns out some people don't like it.as for me i don't really care,but i guess some do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users