» «
Photo

is anyone else shockingly disappointed?

198 replies to this topic
snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:22 AM Edited by snacker111, 17 September 2013 - 10:29 AM.

Ok so I got the game a few hours ago and have been playing it for 3-4 hours, and I'm extremely shocked that I've already grown bored of it. Immediately during the first mission the car handling seemed okay. But once we got into the main world and started trying different cars, I realized this was it. I tried accepting it for what it is but it doesnt make sense. How  can rockstar go from a game like GTA IV to this. Here are some things that greatly disappointed me. (One thing that might have led to more disappointment for me only is that the graphics on my tv are jagged and the edges of things are pixelated, I think its a problem with my resolution and I have to adjust via the ps3.)

-The city doesn't seem that packed, though this isn't THAT much of a problem.

-The shooting in this game doesnt feel as "crunchy"...It feels less intense & more "fluid" when shooting a pistol in this game than gta iv.

-The CAR handling is pretty bad. The only good handling are with those large suburban looking SUVs- That really feels like a tightened GTA IV handling. But the normal cars and the super cars feel wayyy too light like an arcade game. There is no sense of mass when driving those vehicles. The cars turn too sharply and unrealistically  and drifting isnt possible for more than 2-3 seconds. You go by things soooo fast in this game that the world actually feels pretty small. I have no idea what the reviews were talking about honestly. If it had gta iv physics the world wouldve felt more real and big aka hard to travel in which would have been euphorically challenging.I also noticed that the damage over time is somewhat as good as GTA IV... BUT the immediate damage isn't as good as GTA IV... like when hoods fall off it looks like how it did in san andreas rather than a realistic gta IV animation.

-Physics aren't even close to gta iv. When I was driving and going over bumps, the cars would fly like an airplane, and when landing it had an unrealistic feel and sound to it.... Everything was just so shocking in its presentation because its not that good. GTA IV was so realistic that you can expect what would happen in a crash or a jump while driving. Here it is so arcade and game-like that you have no idea what your car will do in any situation, and you have less control because it is further away from reality and  you expect different outcomes. Its hard to describe.

-The planes/helicopters have horrible arcade controls. Again, no one had a complaint about helicopters in gta iv. They were perfect. In this game however, oh boy, the camera feels so stiff and the helicopter feels so unrealistic. It doesnt have any sense of mass either but acts as if it one of those dragonfly remote control planes, it can stop at any point in middle air in a fraction of a section, and it cant push its nose down realistically like if you want to shoot something, the arcade controls only allow the nose down for a few seconds...

• Hypertenzion, Deadly Target, Omar_DmX and 6 others like this

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

98 on Metacritic
/thread
  • Afroshroom likes this

Pegerino
  • Pegerino

The Heist Driver

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

joined 4days ago, that explains something.

• frenzypsycho, DeafMetal and Zroovy like this

Jharth43
  • Jharth43

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

so don't play the f*cking game.

GTAFan0913
  • GTAFan0913

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Don't agree at all. I f*cking love it. Half of what you mentioned are positives to me. And the world is loaded far more than GTA IV with so much more to do.
  • xAtreyux and Joystick love like this

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

you bought the wrong game. COD aint out for cple more mths yet

• Zroovy likes this

Cuicide
  • Cuicide

DCLXVI

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

I love driving, more than in IV. And first thought about it was "its arcade sh*t", everyone maybe thought I was troll. 

Rocknroll85
  • Rocknroll85

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

I guess you got tired of videogames all of a sudden :(

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

This is a TROLL. Look at everything this troll has posted since a few days back. All he does is trolling, trolling and more trolling.

Nigerian Keith
  • Nigerian Keith

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

I love driving, more than in IV. And first thought about it was "its arcade sh*t", everyone maybe thought I was troll. 

Is that sheldon from the big bang theory as your avatar pic?

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

Ok so I got the game a few hours ago and have been playing it for 3-4 hours, and I'm extremely shocked that I've already grown bored of it. Immediately during the first mission the car handling seemed okay. But once we got into the main world and started trying different cars, I realized this was it. I tried accepting it for what it is but it doesnt make sense. How  can rockstar go from a game like GTA IV to this. Here are some things that greatly disappointed me. (One thing that might have led to more disappointment for me only is that the graphics on my tv are jagged and the edges of things are pixelated, I think its a problem with my resolution and I have to adjust via the ps3.)

-The city doesn't seem that packed, though this isn't THAT much of a problem.

-The shooting in this game doesnt feel as "crunchy"...It feels less intense & more "fluid" when shooting a pistol in this game than gta iv.

-The CAR handling is pretty bad. The only good handling are with those large suburban looking SUVs- That really feels like a tightened GTA IV handling. But the normal cars and the super cars feel wayyy too light like an arcade game. There is no sense of mass when driving those vehicles. The cars turn too sharply and unrealistically  and drifting isnt possible for more than 2-3 seconds. You go by things soooo fast in this game that the world actually feels pretty small. I have no idea what the reviews were talking about honestly. If it had gta iv physics the world wouldve felt more real and big aka hard to travel in which would have been euphorically challenging.I also noticed that the damage over time is somewhat as good as GTA IV... BUT the immediate damage isn't as good as GTA IV... like when hoods fall off it looks like how it did in san andreas rather than a realistic gta IV animation.

-Physics aren't even close to gta iv. When I was driving and going over bumps, the cars would fly like an airplane, and when landing it had an unrealistic feel and sound to it.... Everything was just so shocking in its presentation because its not that good. GTA IV was so realistic that you can expect what would happen in a crash or a jump while driving. Here it is so arcade and game-like that you have no idea what your car will do in any situation, and you have less control because it is further away from reality and  you expect different outcomes. Its hard to describe.

-The planes/helicopters have horrible arcade controls. Again, no one had a complaint about helicopters in gta iv. They were perfect. In this game however, oh boy, the camera feels so stiff and the helicopter feels so unrealistic. It doesnt have any sense of mass either but acts as if it one of those dragonfly remote control planes, it can stop at any point in middle air in a fraction of a section, and it cant push its nose down realistically like if you want to shoot something, the arcade controls only allow the nose down for a few seconds...

You think just the same as me, i agree with every word, i have that sharp edges and pixilation problems on my 360 too, even the GFX was better in IV..  ive been so hyped for this, a huge letdown, HUGE

• Vorpax and ThePantsTent like this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

I love this gif

• Zroovy, Killzone VII and Nirk Niggler like this

levidrugi
  • levidrugi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

OP, I think I know the answer to your problems...

R* is a company. Companies need to make money. How can you make good money with so many years of development?

1. you develop for next gen and pc
  2. you dumb down the graphics and release it for current gen
  3. once the buzz goes down you sell it for next gen
  4. and you will sell it again to EVERYONE for PC as you can install mods there to bring back the 'realistic' car handling.

And all you lovely people who say there is no problem with car controls: have you ever tried to drive a car? Have you tried driving it fast? GTA IV was much much closer to reality than V.

• AlasClarin likes this

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

"The shooting in this game doesnt feel as "crunchy"...It feels less intense & more "fluid" when shooting a pistol in this game than gta iv."

That's because the shooting mechanics are that of Max Payne 3.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

No one cares that you're disappointed. Really, not even you. 

• Kippers likes this

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

I totally agree with the OP.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:39 AM Edited by brian., 17 September 2013 - 10:40 AM.

98 on Metacritic
/thread

referenced metacritic

/membership

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

CAZPER
  • CAZPER

Sniiaijee

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

This game is awesome, yet I don't have any clue where the HELL do people come to GTA fan forums to brag, cry and whine all around... I'm leaving soon anyway, spoilers comin and all that sh*t.

Cuicide
  • Cuicide

DCLXVI

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Is that sheldon from the big bang theory as your avatar pic?

Nope, its finnish junkie from movie "reindeer spotting", its movie styled document, worth of watch. Whole movie is in youtube, not sure if subtitles. 

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

This game is awesome, yet I don't have any clue where the HELL do people come to GTA fan forums to brag, cry and whine all around... I'm leaving soon anyway, spoilers comin and all that sh*t.

exactly, its been out a day, yet your on here even tho you think its awsome, i think its crap, thats why im on here. and i think your a idot for thinking its so good, and all the rest of you, you have all been let down ,its poor compared to IV . POOOOR , more like saints row than GTA, pile of sh*t

notgonlie
  • notgonlie

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

nah this dude is right. i completely agree. a minor change like the driving and damage can change the entire feel of a game. it feels fast and arcady leaving u buzzing by the world. also the nice cars off the start of the game leaves u not caring for cars at all since they are easy to get.

• World Champion likes this

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

You overdosed it with the "realistic/unrealistic" stuff. Easy to stop taking you seriously after the 3rd time you reiterate it because it's obvious you're just saying it to get to people. It's too cliche at this point.

Other than that, fairly decent attempt.

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

98 on Metacritic
/thread

referenced metacritic

/membership
98 on Metacritic. Don't know what you want from me.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

Theres a troll in the dungeons!

colonelfrost8
  • colonelfrost8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:56 AM Edited by colonelfrost8, 17 September 2013 - 10:58 AM.

R* is a company. Companies need to make money. How can you make good money with so many years of development?

4. and you will sell it again to EVERYONE for PC as you can install mods there to bring back the 'realistic' car handling.

And all you lovely people who say there is no problem with car controls: have you ever tried to drive a car? Have you tried driving it fast? GTA IV was much much closer to reality

exactly, its been out a day, yet your on here even tho you think its awsome, i think its crap, thats why im on here. and i think your a idot for thinking its so good, and all the rest of you, you have all been let down ,its poor compared to IV . POOOOR , more like saints row than GTA, pile of sh*t

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Then don't play the f*cking game? I personally have been playing for 16 hours straight and I'm falling more and more inlove with the game.

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

And all you lovely people who say there is no problem with car controls: have you ever tried to drive a car? Have you tried driving it fast? GTA IV was much much closer to reality than V.

You want reality bitch? Then get your fa**ot ass outside and drive a real car. Video games are supposed to be fun, not real. Retard

• JustOneMonth likes this

colonelfrost8
  • colonelfrost8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

And all you lovely people who say there is no problem with car controls: have you ever tried to drive a car? Have you tried driving it fast? GTA IV was much much closer to reality

im dissapointed because you  are dissapointed by being dissapointed. dissapointception

Grimezy
  • Grimezy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:01 AM Edited by Grimezy, 17 September 2013 - 11:02 AM.

98 on Metacritic
/thread

Although I can't comment on the game yet, I find it amusing you believe everything you read on Metacritic. And although it may not be true, there is a user review of 7 out of 10 from a private account saying he actually reviews for a magazine and was told he couldn't give it a score below 90 in the magazine.  

colonelfrost8
  • colonelfrost8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

98 on Metacritic
/thread

Although I can't comment on the game yet, I find it amusing you believe everything you read on Metacritic. And although it may not be true, there is a user review of 7 out of 10 from a private account saying he actually reviews for a magazine and was told he couldn't give it a score below 90 in the magazine.  

sad story bro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users