» «

Engine sound too quiet?

41 replies to this topic
  • Apathyguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Ok people it's based on this. The Teslsa roadster. http://en.wikipedia..../Tesla_Roadster. Its a battery powered car. Its silent in the game becouse its silent in real life.

• zacrider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm surprised Rockstar have released the game with this issue.

Noticed this when I first jumped in a car, totally agree the engine sounds are way too low, the dialogue sound is too high and cannot be turned down and other sound effects louder than engine sound including people talking on the street. If you turn down sound effects that only turns down the engine sound equally.

Totally justified complaining about this, it's a driving game and one of the highlights should be being able to appreciate the engines roar, not this weak muffled sound. 

There needs to be volume adjustments for the dialogue, ambient noises and engine noise.

• greenhound

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

The voltic is mad quiet, like almost silent.

I was wondering since it's called Voltic maybe it's supposed to be an electric car.

• Harrisonward

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Would just like to say to all those who are accusing those who originally posted this query as nitpicky, you are not contributing. You are merely aggravating and it serves no purpose. No one is complaining about the game here, we are all equally as impressed by it, but why wouldn't we, with this forum at our disposal, try and resolve issues that we've encountered in the game?!

I have set gta v up on my ps3 connecting it via an optical cable to the z5500 logitech surround system. I too have reduced the volume of the music and maxed the sfx. This is, however, to no avail as I can barely here the engines. This is really a shame seeing as it is evident how much effort rockstar have put into the sounds (transmission, acceleration, splutter etc) but they are entirely drowned out by everything else. For christ sake I was driving down the street in the game version of the aston martin zagato, a v12 beast, and the voices of random pedestrians was about 10 times louder. 

• danik18

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Tune a vigero's engine and place a bug catcher on it.Whine after that.

• jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

The cars sound like a f*cking Tesla

• enormous

not actually enormous

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Hello all.

Just got the game and loving it so far but one thing I am not liking is the engine volume from the cars while driving.

I have tried turning sfx all the way up and pretty much everything else all the way down but it sill seems very weak. I find my self having to turn the radio off just to hear it at all, plus all the other sounds like other car engines tire squealing and general ambiance is so much louder than the engine. I really like driving around gta worlds hearing the roar of a nice v8 or straight 6 or whatever the car is, and the engines plus gear changes n wines sound very nice in this game, just very quiet. When I turn the volume up loud enough so that i can hear it everything else is just way to loud.

Anyone else found this? 

Yes. Compared to the other sounds in the game,the engine noise is too soft. And if you turn up the volume to hear the engine and someone crashes into you,the noise of the crash is deafening. Also the police/fire/ambulance/sirens are too screeching. I've been on missions where other players get so bothered by the screeching siren,they will get in the police car just to turn the siren off.

• Racer__X

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

To be honest, most of the sounds in this game sound like they've been mastered and checked by a nearly deaf person.. The micms are ridiculously loud, and the (police) sirens make me want to throw up, along with a bunch of other sh*t that doesn't make sense. Such a waste cause the engine sounds do sound pretty cool

• FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

This is TRUE! I won't deny it. R* has been patching, and they want the music to be heard... But most of ya'll don't like the music. I understand. The sounds should get a patch. Mods should be patched for bass too... But with all do respect I can hear my engine, and I AGREE it's not as loud as I would like. But my schafter, and mesa don't sound the same.

• SabreVC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:16 AM

• Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:32 AM

Drive a Dominator and you'll think otherwise

• Ben73

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:43 AM

I think that if you upgrade the exhaust on your car it should make it louder.

Therefore people who want it loud can. People who don't, don't' have to. Makes everyone happy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users