» «
Photo

Engine sound too quiet?

41 replies to this topic
Lazzerus
  • Lazzerus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:26 AM Edited by Lazzerus, 17 September 2013 - 09:26 AM.

Hello all.

Just got the game and loving it so far but one thing I am not liking is the engine volume from the cars while driving.

I have tried turning sfx all the way up and pretty much everything else all the way down but it sill seems very weak. I find my self having to turn the radio off just to hear it at all, plus all the other sounds like other car engines tire squealing and general ambiance is so much louder than the engine. I really like driving around gta worlds hearing the roar of a nice v8 or straight 6 or whatever the car is, and the engines plus gear changes n wines sound very nice in this game, just very quiet. When I turn the volume up loud enough so that i can hear it everything else is just way to loud.

Anyone else found this? 

• Xx-ADITYA-xX and OD913 like this

Thejamman123
  • Thejamman123

LEAVE ROCKSTAR ALONE!!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:30 AM Edited by Thejamman123, 17 September 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Oh HELL NO cancelling my delivery 

/sarcasm 

JacoBee
  • JacoBee

Still waiting...

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

I notice that sound of engine was always quiete in streams...i was like wtf why they just turn sfx up...

Well it looks like there is another issue.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

I prefer nearly no engine sound at all myself - makes you sound more in the car. I loved the sound of using "speed up car" in GTA IV trainer with no engine rev - sounded like real highway driving, just missing the hum of the RPMs (in that game, it's more than a hum, far too loud).

Firebeast29
  • Firebeast29

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:35 AM Edited by Firebeast29, 17 September 2013 - 09:36 AM.

Oh hell no!! R* better not screwed me on the engine sound. I'm taking this crap back and getting my money. LOL Why keeping whining about every little aspect of the game. Just enjoy it for once. I'm having fun with it so far.

JacoBee
  • JacoBee

Still waiting...

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Oh hell no!! R* better not screwed me on the engine sound. I'm taking this crap back and getting my money. LOL Why keeping whining about every little aspect of the game. Just enjoy it for once. I'm having fun with it so far.

Just shut up..if you didnt notice there is more and more issues...people like you still saying ''ignore it and enjoy a game'' well if you didnt notice people found many little things annoying thats why they cant enjoy it.

Lazzerus
  • Lazzerus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Dude I just said I really like the game.....

I just wanted to know if other people are finding the engine sounds quiet as well, as It might be the way my home theater is set up or something. 

Thanks for the really helpful answer.......

WBdink
  • WBdink

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Dude, everything sounds quite until you get into it, it makes more snese, like you're in the car. Even the guns, you'll come to love it, I've been playing for 5 hours, and i was truggling to put it down, amazing.

Lazzerus
  • Lazzerus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Dude, everything sounds quite until you get into it, it makes more snese, like you're in the car. Even the guns, you'll come to love it, I've been playing for 5 hours, and i was truggling to put it down, amazing.

Thx for the reply.

Do you mean the sounds actually get louder the further through the game I get? or I will just get used to it?

Thx

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

SERIOUSLY? This is how low we're sinking?

frabz-BITCH-PLEASE--You-gotta-be-kidding

thefinchmeister
  • thefinchmeister

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

To be honest I like listening to the music without the sound of guns and the engine blaring over it, so this is fine with me
  • Fuzzknuckles likes this

Lazzerus
  • Lazzerus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

SERIOUSLY? This is how low we're sinking?

frabz-BITCH-PLEASE--You-gotta-be-kidding

Maybe you dont realize some people care about different things in their GTA games, considering driving is a very big part of the game its quite a big deal to me,  Its no deal breaker though I just want feedback from other people that have the game.

Anyway thank you for another useless reply. 

Anyone else that has played the game please let me know if it sounds really quiet to you, Il try some tweaking with my surround sound.

Thx

MiKe_2013
  • MiKe_2013

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Some cars don't quite have an engine sound and sound weak until you upgrade the engine in ls customs, but if you mean every car engine then I don't know.

~OFWGKTA~
  • ~OFWGKTA~

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

The sound of the engine doesnt really bother me, im used to it now, some cars are loud and others arent, i have played it for a whole day now and it sounds normal to me. i havent tried this yet but maybe upgrading your engine might make it louder...

Lazzerus
  • Lazzerus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Some cars don't quite have an engine sound and sound weak until you upgrade the engine in ls customs, but if you mean every car engine then I don't know.

Oh that sounds cool il have to try upgrading thanks

patrikje
  • patrikje

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by patrikje, 17 September 2013 - 09:56 PM.

I loved the game so far, just cruising around, love the graphics and the looks of los santos. And I just loveeee the humor, it's seems that around every corner there is something that atleast makes you chuckle.

But the cars, love them in many ways but I have a few problems which really bug me. Why am I complaining? Because I find the cars one of the CORE mechanics of GTA. It's one of the things that kept gta iv alive for me.

I'll have to play gta V some more so I'll just stick to one thing I know for sure, I can NOT enjoy the engine sounds. It feels like I am playing saints row, the "oomph" from IV is missing, it's almost like they dumbed down the car sounds. Yes, it's too quiet. I have turned up the speakers quite some bit and brought radio down to 30% just to really hear the engines.

A second I noticed with the sounds, I can't find that amazing gear box GTA IV had, give half throttle and you cruise along quickly shifting to higher gears and hear a kickdown when you give full throttle.  

And again, I love the game. But the cars, they don't suck but feel a bit dumbed down from GTA IV, I hope they get some attention in future patches. Because again, I personally find cars a very important part of any gta game.

.2D
  • .2D

Look at the Flowers.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

This is something I noticed straight away and it's disappointing, it thought maybe my sound was bugged or something. I'm loving the game so far, but I wanted to find out if this was how it sounded or if it was bugged. Hopefully they might up the engine sounds a bit in a future update. If I'm driving one of the fastest cars in the game with a fully upgraded engine, I want myself and everyone else within a few blocks radius to know about it.

Deba515
  • Deba515

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Whats next that people are going to complain about? Birds don't poop on you in the game?

.2D
  • .2D

Look at the Flowers.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

F*ck off mate. I'm saying it's disappointing because surely it's normal to want to hear the powerful engine of a sports car or muscle car? Seeing as when I have my radio on, with music volume actually lowered and SFX turned all the way up and I'm still unable to actually hear my car at all in some cases, I wanted to look into it. If you're just going to complain about people complaining piss off.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

This is a stupid question/point, but have you driven the car from the in-car view? Engine sounds increase at least two-fold when in the cab vs. viewing car from behind. 

Just a thought. 

TheBDale
  • TheBDale

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hello all.

Just got the game and loving it so far but one thing I am not liking is the engine volume from the cars while driving.

I have tried turning sfx all the way up and pretty much everything else all the way down but it sill seems very weak. I find my self having to turn the radio off just to hear it at all, plus all the other sounds like other car engines tire squealing and general ambiance is so much louder than the engine. I really like driving around gta worlds hearing the roar of a nice v8 or straight 6 or whatever the car is, and the engines plus gear changes n wines sound very nice in this game, just very quiet. When I turn the volume up loud enough so that i can hear it everything else is just way to loud.

Anyone else found this? 

I do not think Lazzerus is being "too picky", I noticed a problem after using  Franklins special slow-mo while cruising around, after the effect ended, my audio did not return to normality, I can barely hear the radio, I can barely hear the vehicle, but nearby vehicles, people, and other SFX work perfectly, infact they are too loud.. any ideas?

RX2000
  • RX2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

I got in a Coil Voltic & noticed that there is like NO engine sound at all really. Then I was thinking, I think that car is modeled after the Tesla Roadster & is actually an electric car.....

TheBDale
  • TheBDale

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I got in a Coil Voltic & noticed that there is like NO engine sound at all really. Then I was thinking, I think that car is modeled after the Tesla Roadster & is actually an electric car.....

Even on a Motorcycle, what looks like a new dodge viper, audi... anything, all of the Engine SFX and the radio are borderline muted, as if I were still driving in the 'special slo-mo'.

jefflcarr
  • jefflcarr

Hawkeye

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

I agree.  I love the game and I'm having a blast playing it, but the engine sounds are a couple notches too low.  I have the radio turned down to about a third and that helps, but they could really pump up the vehicle sounds 20% or so.  The engine sounds in this game are pretty darn good (Carbonizzare, I'm looking at you), just a tad on the quiet side.

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hello!

Do you have standard TV settings?
I noticed it too :(

I put in game audio on headphones, then on my tv I activated the bass boost, surround sound on, treble to 50 and bass on 50, that evens and sharpens the sounds on mine :)

Character voices are always high though, I find I have to put the volume VERY high hear the engines.

TheBDale
  • TheBDale

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hello!

Do you have standard TV settings?
I noticed it too :(

I put in game audio on headphones, then on my tv I activated the bass boost, surround sound on, treble to 50 and bass on 50, that evens and sharpens the sounds on mine :)

Character voices are always high though, I find I have to put the volume VERY high hear the engines.

5.1 Surround, Onkyo system, HDMI setup. Played around with those options, headphones, tv, etc.. just made things even quieter, it is weird.. everything worked fine, activated Franklins special, sound never came back.

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

What would be funny is if this guy was just driving the "Coil" the entire time, meaning there's no sound from the engine because it's powered by electricity. Hopefully that isn't that case, but i think the electric silent engines are bad ass. 

TheBDale
  • TheBDale

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

What would be funny is if this guy was just driving the "Coil" the entire time, meaning there's no sound from the engine because it's powered by electricity. Hopefully that isn't that case, but i think the electric silent engines are bad ass. 

I wish it were that simple..

TabooV2
  • TabooV2

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

If it's borthering you guys so much, than try contacting Rockstar. Maybe it's something they can tweak in a future patch(?).

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

If you don't like it, turn the radio, voice, music ect down but leave the engine noise as it is and turn your TV up, otherwise f*ck off and stop whining.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users