Liberty City and Vice City in GTA 5 Online

29 replies to this topic
DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

I heard from a good source that in GTA Online that Liberty City and Vice City are supposed to be added and that we are going to be able to fly to each city.

• djbell18 likes this

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Urban Legend

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • India

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

The 3D era worlds? Or HD Liberty City (which would also be epic) and a new HD Vice City ( highly unlikely unless future GTAs have no business returning to VC :'( )

dec1337
  • dec1337

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Don't get your hopes up too much as this is primarily a vision that Rockstar intend to make happen, meaning the ability to do this will happen but don't expect it as DLC in a few months or something since this will probably take a loooong time to be implemented

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

I can see this in a couple years maybe, but a Hd world takes a lot of time to create , if there going to do this will be a few years, id expect the smaller parts of San Andreas before the big citys , but im not a dev, and its amazing the tecnolghy these days, so I guess will see.

Usainuk
  • Usainuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:32 AM Edited by Usainuk, 24 September 2013 - 10:34 AM.

I could maybe see them adding liberty city relatively quickly since they could maybe just re work with and adapt what they already have from GTA 4 (I am not a tech wizz so don't know how easy that would be but it seems doable and i am thinking from the perspectative that GTA 4 and 5 are on the same gen consoles) .

but GTA vice city and San andeas are from last gen consoles (or very old games on pc ) so it would seem they would take a lot longer to do since they would basically need to be entirely rebuilt from nothing  so to speak.

still i will be happy enough with just have the world from 5 and being able to use my own created character in it...so anything else after that is just added bounes ..though getting liberty city from GTA 4 to wander around in would be one heck of a gigantic bonus lol.

(maybe they could add burger shots pool and bowling back in too since i was disapponted to see them gone in GTA 5)

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Don't get your hopes up high. I'll tell you how I understood that message: "We will release a standalone GTA Online game/a new GTA game that is bundled with anothe GTA Online that features new (and possibly old locations) on next gen consoles". It would not be feasible at all to e.g. create a brand new city (SF, LV, VC etc) and add it to GTA Online. I think they'd rather release a new GTA game or a sequel to GTA Online on next gen consoles (where they have a lot more resources available) that could potentially include the GTA V map + a new main map.

Look at the current gen consoles, there is a reason for the map being "so small" (it's fine for me though). The bigger the map = the more resources required (so it's safe to say that they wont expand the map, I'd be happy if I'm wrong too). And what about all the 360 users that have no HDD included with their console (they were already pissed that they had to buy an USB stick).

I mean they even said that GTA Online will be its "own franchise" that goes alongside the GTA games, I doubt that they'll have it "stuck to" GTA V for too long (it should either be a seperate DL or bundled with a new game).

• Ethereal_NYC likes this

Fowl
  • Fowl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:30 PM Edited by Fowl, 24 September 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Don't get your hopes up high. I'll tell you how I understood that message: "We will release a standalone GTA Online game/a new GTA game that is bundled with anothe GTA Online that features new (and possibly old locations) on next gen consoles". It would not be feasible at all to e.g. create a brand new city (SF, LV, VC etc) and add it to GTA Online. I think they'd rather release a new GTA game or a sequel to GTA Online on next gen consoles (where they have a lot more resources available) that could potentially include the GTA V map + a new main map.

Look at the current gen consoles, there is a reason for the map being "so small" (it's fine for me though). The bigger the map = the more resources required (so it's safe to say that they wont expand the map, I'd be happy if I'm wrong too). And what about all the 360 users that have no HDD included with their console (they were already pissed that they had to buy an USB stick).

I mean they even said that GTA Online will be its "own franchise" that goes alongside the GTA games, I doubt that they'll have it "stuck to" GTA V for too long (it should either be a seperate DL or bundled with a new game).

The next GTA won't come out any time soon, but don't forget next gen consoles will.

What i think is going to happen is that they will give us just the current map on 360/PS3 but have the GTA Online on next gen consoles include all this new stuff.

DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

No I heard this in a interview from a higher up that down the road GTA Online is set up to have multiple cities you can travel too.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

If it does happen it'll be on next gen, with more players. It would be lame to have multiple cities to travel through but only 16 players. 

DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

GTA Online will have 32 not 16 for current gen

Suarez7
  • Suarez7

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

apt username

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

would rather have other areas from san andreas, and i know its a dream but im hoping they make the next GTA a re-do of Vice City (80s)

Odysseus
  • Odysseus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

it could happen. GTA Online could stay updating until current gen is no longer relevant, and if the updates were as big as new cities ofc people would join.

Hopefully, GTA Online will be copy/pasted into the next game with a new city added and your character transferred over. This may never end...

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

GTA Online will have 32 not 16 for current gen

No it won't. 

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

No I heard this in a interview from a higher up that down the road GTA Online is set up to have multiple cities you can travel too.

Can't spell "to".

Trustworthy source.

Seems legit.

DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

"Rockstar has previously announced that GTA Online will support 16 players. However, leaked XML files suggest that GTA Online could, in fact, support 32 players." - Paul Walker

http://www.nowgamer....32_players.html

DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

"To create an entire GTA world that consists of everything we've done or going to than let the player freely move between them" - Rockstar North president The Benz

http://www.ign.com/a...etails-revealed

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

Offending Mimes Everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'm guessing OP is referring to this part of it:

Is the geography for Grand Theft Auto Online locked, or could you eventually decide to expand with new regions?

Every part of Grand Theft Auto Online has been designed with expansion in mind. A dream of ours is to create an entire Grand Theft Auto world that consists of everything we've done or are going to do then let the player freely move between them. The launch of Grand Theft Auto Online is a beginning for us; it gets us a little closer to being able to make that happen.

I think this means that they have plans to expand in the future, but he's leaving it a little vague.

ChrisCarlascio
  • ChrisCarlascio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

"Rockstar has previously announced that GTA Online will support 16 players. However, leaked XML files suggest that GTA Online could, in fact, support 32 players." - Paul Walker

Rockstar tweeted that the rumor is not true and someone else suggested that the other "players" could simply be observers and not players, so I don't think this idea is set in stone. It seems kind of dumb to lie by putting 16 players on your game box.

http://www.cinemable...star-59344.html

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

You're just posting rumours and future plans. None of this will be implemented (at least not anytime soon) In GTA:O on current gen

DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

Rockstar tweeted that the rumor is not true and someone else suggested that the other "players" could simply be observers and not players, so I don't think this idea is set in stone. It seems kind of dumb to lie by putting 16 players on your game box.

http://www.cinemable...star-59344.html

Rockstar has lied about multiple things in SP mode.

ChrisCarlascio
  • ChrisCarlascio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

Rockstar has lied about multiple things in SP mode.

Hey, I hope you're right. Unless 32 players makes the game laggy or something.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

It's possible that North Yankton could be in it.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Yeah they will add LV, SF, VC, LC etc. to GTA Online on GTA V on current gen consoles. Dream on dude.

henrysdad
  • henrysdad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

I can see this in a couple years maybe, but a Hd world takes a lot of time to create , if there going to do this will be a few years, id expect the smaller parts of San Andreas before the big citys , but im not a dev, and its amazing the tecnolghy these days, so I guess will see.

I agree with this.

Also, look at it from a revenue veiwpoint  (cash is king!). Why would rockstar through all the food into the trough in one go? sure the pigs will be happy as muck for a short while but soon get bored. Yet if you feed them in small amounts over a long time, it keeps the interest going.

My guess is they have it all ready as we speak, but will only release it on a staged and planned basis dependent on results of game play and online numbers.

creed200569
  • creed200569

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Rockstar already said they plan on adding more cities for GTA Online and I can easily see Liberty City being the first one since the city is already made and they will just be upgrading it visually n hopefully add more things to do in it.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Rockstar already said they plan on adding more cities for GTA Online and I can easily see Liberty City being the first one since the city is already made and they will just be upgrading it visually n hopefully add more things to do in it.

Probably in a standalone release of GTA:O or in GTA VI for next gen consoles. And they don't have to upgrade LC visually, I'm pretty certain it'll already look good enough (the textures, assets etc. are already well done but it all plays down to the rendering. You could have monster textures that look like crap due to the rendering).

The Hylander
  • The Hylander

That Guy

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

I heard from a good source that in GTA Online that Liberty City and Vice City are supposed to be added and that we are going to be able to fly to each city.

I remember from a "good source" something similar around the time of GTA IV's release we will just have to wait and see.

ClaudeSpeed74
  • ClaudeSpeed74

Violent Demise

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:01 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed74, 17 July 2015 - 07:02 PM.

I could see them adding a Remastered Liberty City and North Yankton as expansions on GTA 5 Online, I would really like to see this. I do not see Vice City becoming available.

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

I could see them adding a Remastered Liberty City and North Yankton as expansions on GTA 5 Online, I would really like to see this. I do not see Vice City becoming available.

I could see this topic getting locked because of your necro post
  • SuzukiRazgriz likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users