Fire Carolyn Petit Petition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic
DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

I don't agree with her review, but that doesn't mean she should be fired. I'm a white male living in the United States, my background gives me a different perspective then a transgendered women. The game may sh*t on women, but I don't care because I don't belong in that demographic. I'm not being rude, it's just fact. Most reviews are bullsh*t anyway, the only review I care about is my own.

The game sh*ts on every demographic, it's a satirical commentary on ourselves.

OP: you're retarded. I'm hoping he does get a warning though... if anything, the review proved that he can't keep his political views away from his professional work. Firing is too much, and not doing anything is just plain unprofessional.

Robbo1987
  • Robbo1987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Yeh let's sack someone because she has an opinion that is different to my own. Totally see the logic in that....

are you really shocked that a woman might have a few thoughts about the way women are dipicted in the game? ,,

The review that I read wasn't even a bad review! just pointed out a few opinions added onto it about certain things!

ahem.. that "woman" is actually a man transitioning into a woman. 

That explains why she looked so weird in the picture on the website!

GTAfanDAIichi
  • GTAfanDAIichi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

The GTA series is well known for its crass content and is essentially the anti-thesis of politically correct culture, so for people to take offense at the game is expected, to say the least. But for someone who considers him or herself as a gamer, it's really kind of shocking that he or she (in this case) would play into that and denounce these aspects. Do you really want GTA to tone down on the violent, sexual, drug content (depending on whatever the fragile sensibilities of the public dictates)? No, of course not. GTA is unappologetically crass and we love it for that.

That's the reason this particular inviduals review stirred up so much feedback from readers, and really, can you blame them?

RICHIECOQUI
  • RICHIECOQUI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

You know  the old saying  opinions are like assholes everyone has one! Some of the biggest assholes are gaming fan boys!!

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

now i'm playing the game i do find it mysogynistic - every female character so far is a screechy, skanky airheaded moron.

and i love it.

GTAfanDAIichi
  • GTAfanDAIichi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

now i'm playing the game i do find it mysogynistic - every female character so far is a screechy, skanky airheaded moron.

and i love it.

lol, I liked that twist. I find it hilarous that people get so offended by objectional material in a game that's BASED on and SET around a deviant, criminal underworld. I mean, what are they expecting??

jamiecross
  • jamiecross

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by jamiecross, 05 November 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Hello,

GTA is a great game, it is yes sad to see the game didnt get a 10 in her review, however what she said is true, many males will not agree, yes she is a male but as he prefures to be a female I will call her a she, the game treats woman like sexual objects and this is not anything funny, as she is a female herself this is obviously somephing she would disagree with, and ALL reviews are opinions,

as she is a female, well transsexual, it is obviously why she will disagree with mistreatment of woman, what is a major thing in a females opinion that it is quite fair to give a 9 in her opinion, this woman should not be fired as she is telling her opinion, and everyones opinion is different, but as she is a female or transsexual it is very very VERY fair why she would strongly disasgree, but still a 9/10, what is the difference between that and 10? it is still a VERY high score,

She should not be fired and her opinion is obvious to understand if you think about it.

And no I am not a female, I am a straight male.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

Holy sh*t people are STILL angry about this? LOL

I didn't agree with the reasons for their score (GTA should be violent) but it's their opinion. I actually gave the game a 8.8 based on story, missions, side missions or lack of. Here is another opinion for you those of you involved in that petition: You are f*cking retarded.

• jamiecross likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

People have opinions, you know.

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by RolfStarGames, 05 November 2013 - 05:58 PM.

petitc.gif?w=470

LOL LOL L=O=L

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Fire Carolyn Petit Petition

Well S(h)e was just doing her job.

Ban IGN who gave a f*cking masterpiece score!!..
Atleast Carolyn made a point which some can't disagree, unless sadistic pleasure tops their priority!

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

That shut him up.

You couldn't shut me up if you cut my head off. 

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

Bunch of f*cking whiney kids, ya'll should be the ones who should have their "opinion rights" pre-voked

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hello,

GTA is a great game, it is yes sad to see the game didnt get a 10 in her review, however what she said is true, many males will not agree, yes she is a male but as he prefures to be a female I will call her a she, the game treats woman like sexual objects and this is not anything funny, as she is a female herself this is obviously somephing she would disagree with, and ALL reviews are opinions,

as she is a female, well transsexual, it is obviously why she will disagree with mistreatment of woman, what is a major thing in a females opinion that it is quite fair to give a 9 in her opinion, this woman should not be fired as she is telling her opinion, and everyones opinion is different, but as she is a female or transsexual it is very very VERY fair why she would strongly disasgree, but still a 9/10, what is the difference between that and 10? it is still a VERY high score,

She should not be fired and her opinion is obvious to understand if you think about it.

And no I am not a female, I am a straight male.

Carolyn Petit is that you?

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Im going to lock this because I dont think it is necessary to rally against one person who voiced their opinion.

I agree that her review was absurd, but thats life. If you want to get back at her, stop giving her so much exposure and dont read articles from gamespot anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users