Photo

Fire Carolyn Petit Petition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic
swagglagg
  • swagglagg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:15 AM Edited by swagglagg, 17 September 2013 - 07:15 AM.

Heres the link to the petition,

For her giving GTA V a bad name and giving her feminist opinion on GTA V.

And for being Anti GTA V

Please Support!

https://www.change.o...e-carolyn-petit

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Swagg

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

Yeah, this is really stupid.

People have different opinions. That's just facts. If you can't deal with that, you're in for a shock when you, y'know, grow up and become an actual man. If that ever happens. 

• TenaciousD., xRescue2x, badmantrev and 1 other like this

Egg Maestro
  • Egg Maestro

Vice City Tourist

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

This is ridiculous! The stupidity of people baffles me sometimes. Grow up.

• badmantrev likes this

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

i was with you at the title.. but then the whole post body was just baseless and childish..they should just stop her/him from giving video reviews.  his voice is so boring and seems so uninterested that i was about to fall asleep watching the video review.  aside from that, carolyn should refrain from giving personal and extreme reviews based on his subculture. 

• badmantrev and swagglagg like this

grantheftauto23
  • grantheftauto23

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

get a grip getting someone sacked because of an opinion which she is employed to do.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

They shouldn't stop her from doing anything. She is entitled to opinions. Remember - freedom of speech is a real thing. We might not agree, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be entitled to voice her opinion, no matter how baseless or worthless it might seem. 

Without freedom of speech, somewhere like this very forum could be shut down very easily, seeing as how it's filled with hate-filled an libelous content... like this thread, for example. 

Boys will be boys, though. And men will laugh and point at the boys as they embarrass themselves. 

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

swagglagg
  • swagglagg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

If we have freedom of speech, then why are you having a pms moment over my opinion?

I know its that time of the month FuzzKnuckles, but keep it under control woman.

swagglagg
  • swagglagg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

That shut him up.

Egg Maestro
  • Egg Maestro

Vice City Tourist

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

It's stupid saying someone should be fired just because of their opinion! Especially when their opinion does no harm to anyone. 

• badmantrev likes this

swagglagg
  • swagglagg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thats what a feminist would say, Carolyn.

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Signed
  • swagglagg likes this

Robbo1987
  • Robbo1987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Yeh let's sack someone because she has an opinion that is different to my own. Totally see the logic in that....

are you really shocked that a woman might have a few thoughts about the way women are dipicted in the game? ,,

The review that I read wasn't even a bad review! just pointed out a few opinions added onto it about certain things!

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:39 AM Edited by GarrowsKai, 17 September 2013 - 09:44 AM.

The review was very subjective when it got to the parts about misogyny and torture, but that's hardly a case for concern, she's just not a very good reviewer because she lets her personal feelings about certain issues get in the way.

"GTA V has little room for mares except to portray them as strippers, prostitutes, long-suffering wives, humorless fillyfriends and goofy, new-age feminists we’re meant to laugh at."

Guess we're ignoring Sue Murry then. The fact is this is ignoring that GTA is a parody on real life, and as the feminist movement loves to keep reminding us women in real life tend to be portrayed in the aforementioned manner, therefore they're going to be like that in GTA except taken to an extreme, like everything in GTA.

She said on twitter yesterday that everything else was satire, but the issue with women was "glorying in misogyny" or something to that effect.  Thing is a few years ago GTA was apparently glorifying violence, the misogyny issue is simply the flavour of the month that people use to pick faults with anything, by the time GTA VI comes out it'll be something else, as is the way with things. 

Another person to go banging on about the misogyny was Graham Linehan (writer of Father Ted, Black Books and the IT Crowd), he also said the writers of GTA were bad writers who thought they knew satire, and that nothing in GTA was "real" satire.  So this just helps to prove my point about this whole issue being a passing thing, people will just jump on the bandwagon in an attempt to get their voices heard, best thing we can do is just ignore them as they're incapable of being heard in any other way. 

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't think misogyny itself is a passing thing, more this current trend to see it everywhere that is a passing trend. 

• Costar likes this

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

The review was a joke yes, 9.0 wasn't the issue, but the reasoning behind it was . But to fire someone over it is a bit childish and stupid. Especially when it's a "video game" review. The judge who scored the Mayweather Alvarez fight a draw should get fired though. Would be more than happy to sign a petition for that lol 

Nigerian Keith
  • Nigerian Keith

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Trying to ruin someone's career because they gave a game 9/10 is absurd and actually quite sick.

Shame on you if you've signed it.

• Costar likes this

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Trying to ruin someone's career because they gave a game 9/10 is absurd and actually quite sick.

Shame on you if you've signed it.

It's got a single signature, by the guy who created it ha! 

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Yeh let's sack someone because she has an opinion that is different to my own. Totally see the logic in that....

are you really shocked that a woman might have a few thoughts about the way women are dipicted in the game? ,,

The review that I read wasn't even a bad review! just pointed out a few opinions added onto it about certain things!

ahem.. that "woman" is actually a man transitioning into a woman. 

LibSity
  • LibSity

Genetically Superior

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

If we have freedom of speech, then why are you having a pms moment over my opinion?

I know its that time of the month FuzzKnuckles, but keep it under control woman.

This website is for adults.

• jonnie123 likes this

swagglagg
  • swagglagg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

This website is for adults.

Then please leave my good sir.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

A shemale gave the game a 9 because it doesn't make females look like a super gender?

RastaMentality
  • RastaMentality

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Meltdowns over a 9? If you don't like what she said, why care?

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

You have got to be kidding me? Uh-oh someone in the world doesn't have the same opinion as me.

tumblr_md7o4cLcv11qd2pfqo1_250.gif

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

I disagree with a ton of sh*t I read in that review but no way am I gonna say, she deserves to be fired. Obviously a troll trying to get attention >>Into the bin>>

• Costar likes this

Hendrix89
  • Hendrix89

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

They shouldn't stop her from doing anything. She is entitled to opinions. Remember - freedom of speech is a real thing. We might not agree, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be entitled to voice her opinion, no matter how baseless or worthless it might seem. 

Without freedom of speech, somewhere like this very forum could be shut down very easily, seeing as how it's filled with hate-filled an libelous content... like this thread, for example. 

Boys will be boys, though. And men will laugh and point at the boys as they embarrass themselves. 

Ditto

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:43 AM Edited by Fallout3, 17 September 2013 - 11:44 AM.

I honestly feel sorry for her. The number of disgusting, revolting, abhorrent insults I witness on the Gamespot review video on YouTube, and on the Gamespot site make me truly sad. And now people are petitioning for her to be fired. This is completely pathetic and ridiculous. Anyone who even considers this is either mentally ill or are missing the chromosomes necessary for logic and reasoning. Many of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Heres the link to the petition,

For her giving GTA V a bad name and giving her feminist opinion on GTA V.

And for being Anti GTA V

Please Support!

https://www.change.o...e-carolyn-petit

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Swagg

Some people just shouldn't reproduce.  You might be one of them.

Mac316
  • Mac316

It's MY car, idiot!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:16 PM Edited by Mac316, 17 September 2013 - 12:16 PM.

Who is this Carolyn Petit?

Do you also have a link to the review in question?  I would like to read what she is complaining about.

• JHM15001 likes this

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

This is some childish bullsh*t, for real. Is it a biased review? I don't think so. It's a valid concern regarding the GTA series, and it echoes the sh*tty sentiment of Dan Houser when he explained why there aren't female protagonists. It's true, GTA's never had strong female characters, just really crappy ones. And yes, while the series has misogynistic undertones, maybe it's time to stop taking that sort of bullsh*t from a game dev... maybe even enact change via reviews. 

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Who gives a f*ck about that beefed up tranny
  • Prometheus likes this

JHM15001
  • JHM15001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

I don't agree with her review, but that doesn't mean she should be fired. I'm a white male living in the United States, my background gives me a different perspective then a transgendered women. The game may sh*t on women, but I don't care because I don't belong in that demographic. I'm not being rude, it's just fact. Most reviews are bullsh*t anyway, the only review I care about is my own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users