Driving sucks..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic
iwilleatyou#5
  • iwilleatyou#5

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

WAY too easy to turn and maneuver.. especially street bikes! They feel just as bad as saints row, like im gonna do an entire 180 turn when i try turning. i can barely keep from wrecking them lol. I really hope they patch this, the rest of the game is awesome though. 

• Lil'Q, D1RTYŽ, Vic 2.0 and 2 others like this

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

don't worry day 1 patch is coming tomorrow

iwilleatyou#5
  • iwilleatyou#5

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

don't worry day 1 patch is coming tomorrow

I really hope so. This game is truly a masterpiece though, literally the landscaping is just breathtaking. Everything is awesome, except for the driving. Maybe I'll just have to explore on foot. LOL

• Wandering Eyes likes this

ZRose
  • ZRose

THE ONE

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

There not gonna fix the driving.

iwilleatyou#5
  • iwilleatyou#5

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

I really hope they do, because they really messed it up. 

• jagcivtec likes this

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

Get over it. Goddamn you idiots will hunt for any minor mistakes you can find instead of looking at the thousands of POSITIVES in this game.

• M_Redfield and swagbucks like this

ZRose
  • ZRose

THE ONE

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

Why do you guys want it to be so realistic for? It's called a video game for a reason.

iwilleatyou#5
  • iwilleatyou#5

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

Get over it. Goddamn you idiots will hunt for any minor mistakes you can find instead of looking at the thousands of POSITIVES in this game.

Didn't I already post positives about this game? You can go straight to Hell. This game is mostly driving obviously, and driving is obviously a big part of this game. Sadly, the driving is NOT good at all, the rest of the game is fine. 

• D1RTYŽ and jagcivtec like this

iwilleatyou#5
  • iwilleatyou#5

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Why do you guys want it to be so realistic for? It's called a video game for a reason.

I'm not asking for realistic, because the driving in 4 wasn't realistic at all but still good. This is just, bad.. Plain and simple. 

• jagcivtec likes this

ZRose
  • ZRose

THE ONE

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

I'm not asking for realistic, because the driving in 4 wasn't realistic at all but still good. This is just, bad.. Plain and simple. 

I think the driving is ok in GTA V, I did'nt like the driving in IV.

mooonlights
  • mooonlights

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

And please patch crashes. When I crash I expect to go flying, not to just slide slowly and come to a stop 20 ft in front of me when crashing at 100 mph.

• Baxon86 and jagcivtec like this

Blasterm
  • Blasterm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

Driving rocks!

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

WAY too easy to turn and maneuver.. especially street bikes! They feel just as bad as saints row, like im gonna do an entire 180 turn when i try turning. i can barely keep from wrecking them lol. I really hope they patch this, the rest of the game is awesome though. 

Sign This.....

http://www.change.or...etition_created

• jagcivtec likes this

Thatdirehit
  • Thatdirehit

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Nope. The driving is perfect. Hopefully they won't patch it. It's great as it is. 

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Why are you "V-Car-Physics"-hater trying so hard to convince other people that the car physics are dogsh*t? If you don't like it, stop f*cking playing the game! As simple as that ffs. Jesus Christ! I'm so sick of these threads. :sui: :dozing:

cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

I like the driving. Keep in mind that Franklin has a much higher driving skill than Michael and Trevor so his cars handle a lot easier.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

I would hate if rockstar patched the driving. I don't want it to be anything like GTA 4's mechanics.  

Just no.  

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

If Rockstar change the driving post-release they'll piss off more people than they'd please. It'd have to be an option, and Rockstar aren't the types to add a bunch of switches and options to the game.

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

Motorcycle physics are okay to be honest.

Piramic
  • Piramic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by Piramic, 17 September 2013 - 10:07 PM.

I like the driving. Keep in mind that Franklin has a much higher driving skill than Michael and Trevor so his cars handle a lot easier.

Its not that they are easier to handle, its that its totally incorrect from any kind of reality standpoint. I find it hard to control the cars simply because they are so responsive. Its like I go to turn and suddenly im heading the opposite direction. Plus there is no way to drift, or do doughnuts short of stopping and using the cheaty brake+gas+turn mechanic. And has anyone actually paid attention when driving on the dirt/wet pavement. Its EXACTLY the same, there is no difference what so ever from driving on pavment vs sand/gravel... Also being able to control the cars while in the air and on their lids is about the dumbest thing they could have ever put into a game.

It feels like two different developers made the game. Rockstar made the map, and everything except the driving, and someone else did the driving and the car customization... Its like two completely different games...

An easy quick fix would be to just put in a option to have the slidey cars cheat on all the time. Its not perfect by any stretch, but at least if feels somewhat OK. The cars dont go from 150Mph to 0 in 20ft and can actually lose traction somewhat...

• jagcivtec likes this

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

If Rockstar change the driving post-release they'll piss off more people than they'd please. It'd have to be an option, and Rockstar aren't the types to add a bunch of switches and options to the game.

:^:

It really would. And I doubt it will happen anyways. People scream, kicked, and cried about GTA 4 and it's mechanics stayed the same. 

Zigjim
  • Zigjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Lol dude are you serious..... its called grand theft
Auto not saints row, not true crime!! Their driving
Always stood out, i always liked it. The game is fantastic
Although they should have not made the driving seem
Like a need for speed game. It was terrific the way it was. They
really f*cked up on that sh*t its annoying feeling like your driving
On ice.
  • -inVADER- likes this

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

I'm a fan of Driving Simulators like Gran Turismo, Forza, RFactor .etc and I think the driving is just fine.

Spoiler

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, unfortunatel

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

Because is Grand Theft ''AUTO'' !!! ,you moron !?!

Zigjim
  • Zigjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

:^:
It really would. And I doubt it will happen anyways. People scream, kicked, and cried about GTA 4 and it's mechanics stayed the same.

No the only people complaining about the driving mechanics of gta 4 as a fact were kids that could not coordinate their fingers to work it and tried to make sharp turns at full speed. I mean i know everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you don't like the mechanics because your not coordinated enough to maneuver smoothly than just stick to saints row which apparently took a more fictional turn since three, while gta always tried to make it realistic. I feel like I'm playing a children's racing game when i drive, yes its a big deal because it effects the whole game since the most primary way of transport is without a doubt a f*cking car!!
  • jagcivtec likes this

Zigjim
  • Zigjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Why are you "V-Car-Physics"-hater trying so hard to convince other people that the car physics are dogsh*t? If you don't like it, stop f*cking playing the game! As simple as that ffs. Jesus Christ! I'm so sick of these threads. :sui: :dozing:

No the only people complaining about the driving mechanics of gta 4 as a fact were kids that could not coordinate their fingers to work it and tried to make sharp turns at full speed. I mean i know everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you don't like the mechanics because your not coordinated enough to maneuver smoothly than just stick to saints row which apparently took a more fictional turn since three, while gta always tried to make it realistic. I feel like I'm playing a children's racing game when i drive, yes its a big deal because it effects the whole game since the most primary way of transport is without a doubt a f*cking car!!

kozirek
  • kozirek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

Driving is awesome.

Momobearqt
  • Momobearqt

Serbian Style

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

What do you want OP? Cars to be like boats like in IV? Hell no, the driving in V is really best driving experience i had in video games.

• Zigjim likes this

Zigjim
  • Zigjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

Its not a little deal... the driving is like a little kids racing game. Its a big deal because the primary use of transport is a car. The car physics were great in 4 i have no idea in gods name as to why they would downgrade the driving skills to tires on ice, if your not at least a little angry at this than your not a real gta fan, simple as that. Everyone knows their driving stood out from saints row and true crime for the better.
  • jagcivtec likes this

HitPoint
  • HitPoint

<3

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

I think the driving is great and fits well with the games atmosphere, I have had more fun driving in GTA5 than any other driving game to date. People whining are just trying to find an excuse to bash the game. If you don't like it go play GTA4 ie drive like you have downs game. Get over it and enjoy the game for what it is, not for one mechanic that made the game feel like a clunky turd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users