ARE CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK!?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic
topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Playing racing games with triggers is the best thing to happen to gaming. The triggers just suck on the PS3. Playing racing games on the 360 is tits.

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

Playing racing games with triggers is the best thing to happen to gaming. The triggers just suck on the PS3. Playing racing games on the 360 is tits.

Why is it so hard to understand that we are not taking away from those who like the triggers just adding the "option" for those who like\need classic

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

Why is it so hard to understand that we are not taking away from those who like the triggers just adding the "option" for those who like\need classic

And that's fine, he's just questioning "why".

I get a new game with different controls, I learn the new controls.

The new controls are actually better for driving, and it's the new standard for any car game these days with an ounce of realism, so it's worth learning as well. It'll become second nature after no time and you wont have the problem with future games.

Nothing wrong with having it as an option, as long as we don't get more complaints about driving because people are going FULL THROTTLE FULL BRAKE all the damn time.

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

The new controls are actually better for driving, and it's the new standard for any car game these days with an ounce of realism, so it's worth learning as well. It'll become second nature after no time and you wont have the problem with future games.

Nothing wrong with having it as an option, as long as we don't get more complaints about driving because people are going FULL THROTTLE FULL BRAKE all the damn time.

For people that have carpal tunnel, or a disability (like me), also for those who just like it.

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:25 AM Edited by VivaSonny, 25 September 2013 - 09:27 AM.

There you go, if they suck on the PS3, let people choose the other if they like it. If you think they are good on the 360, NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE THEM AWAY FROM YOU. People would get to choose, you can keep playing with your tits for as long as you want don't worry.

Because

SpidersWeb, on 25 Sept 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

Nothing wrong with having it as an option

infidel74
  • infidel74

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

What the hell are you guys talking about? It's been like that in IV too and we all got used to it, so you can too. I find I have more control when using the triggers.
And really, pain in your hands, fingers? Really? I played 15 hours straight on launch day and didn't feel a thing.

Man the f*ck up, please, at least do it for society

I didn't want it to come to this but I am sick of hearing”just get use to it”. Some people have carpal tunnel, others have worse disabilities (like me). What your about to see SHOULD quiet most who say ”just get use to it”

get%2520use%25202%2520this.JPG

weapon%2520wheel.JPG

TRY GETTING USE TO THIS!!!!!!

Fair enough, you have a dissablity. That still doesn't cover my "Man the f*ck up" portion of my post. I get that for people that have such a thing like that you'd like the old controls back, but using the fact that you have a disablity to rectify wanting a change in controls an wanting everyone who says to "get used to it" to shut up, just isn't right neither.

I'mma drop it now.

Did you get an F- in English?

We have been saying from the beginning that we DON'T WANT TO REMOVE ONE SYSTEM FOR THE OTHER, just the option to choose between the two setups like in IV.

Everything would remain exactly as it is now, giving another choice to anyone who would want to make it and changing nothing to anyone who wouldn't.

You're arguing with 12 year olds that have never driven a real car...asking them to have reading comprehension is going a bit too far.

Apparently having an OPTION for ADDITIONAL control schemes while keeping in place the current ones does not compute with Ritalin filled children.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

What the hell are you guys talking about? It's been like that in IV too and we all got used to it, so you can too. I find I have more control when using the triggers.
And really, pain in your hands, fingers? Really? I played 15 hours straight on launch day and didn't feel a thing.

Man the f*ck up, please, at least do it for society

I didn't want it to come to this but I am sick of hearing”just get use to it”. Some people have carpal tunnel, others have worse disabilities (like me). What your about to see SHOULD quiet most who say ”just get use to it”

get%2520use%25202%2520this.JPG

weapon%2520wheel.JPG

TRY GETTING USE TO THIS!!!!!!

Fair enough, you have a dissablity. That still doesn't cover my "Man the f*ck up" portion of my post. I get that for people that have such a thing like that you'd like the old controls back, but using the fact that you have a disablity to rectify wanting a change in controls an wanting everyone who says to "get used to it" to shut up, just isn't right neither.

I'mma drop it now.

Did you get an F- in English?

We have been saying from the beginning that we DON'T WANT TO REMOVE ONE SYSTEM FOR THE OTHER, just the option to choose between the two setups like in IV.

Everything would remain exactly as it is now, giving another choice to anyone who would want to make it and changing nothing to anyone who wouldn't.

You're arguing with 12 year olds that have never driven a real car...asking them to have reading comprehension is going a bit too far.

Apparently having an OPTION for ADDITIONAL control schemes while keeping in place the current ones does not compute with Ritalin filled children.

You need to shut the f*ck up dumbass. I'm a grown ass man, you don't know sh*t. I don't care about people wanting another control scheme, thats not what I said, apparently ya'll got a F- in English yourselves. All I said was, all the people bitching about the pain in their fingers after playing for a while are a bunch of bitches and need to man the f*ck up.

I didn't say anything about the people who have a disability, that kid just thought he needed to bring that up just to make a point I never said was wrong in the first place. 

Now, since I said I was gonna drop it and ya'll kept on going, like a bunch of bitches, I will say it again, I don't care about people wanting another control scheme, I couldn't care less, if people want that, than thats fine with me. Have it. 

Now, if you have a disability, which I have said jack about, I never said anything about you.

However, like my first f*cking post :

If you have pain in your fingers, try working for the rest of your life and then complaining about the f*cking "pain in your fingers". That's bullsh*t. Take the dude with the disability, and tell HIM how YOUR fingers hurt after playing for a while. Get my point? It's about f*cking time.

Oh yeah, I got an A in English on every major exam I've ever done and it's not my main language, go f*ck yourself.

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

Does someone need a hug?

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

LOT OF f*ckING KIDS WITH HUSTLER ASPIRATIONS (PROBABLY THE BITCHES THAT EVERYBODY LAUGHS AT IN THEIR NEIGHBOURHOOD ) SAYING THIS IS THE FUTURE THIS IS NEW THEREFORE IS BETTER YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY....WHEN TRIGGERS START BREAKING UP AND YOU HAVE TO BUY A DUALSHOCK FOR 50 BUCKS YOU WON´T BE SAYING THAT SO LOUD . THAT´S WHY LESS USED OR FREQUENT CONTROLS ARE IN THE TRIGGERS BECAUSE THEY BREAK WAY FASTER THAN THE NORMAL BUTTONS SO f*ck YOU STUPID KIDS YOU DON´T EVEN KNOW WHAT IS TO DRIVE A CAR IN " REAL WORLD " YOU´RE AWARE OF THAT EXISTS AND THERE ARE EVEN MANUAL GEARSHIFT CARS LIKE THE ONES YOU SEE AT NASCAR SO, WAKE UP AND TAKE YOUR FINGERS OUT OF YOUR ASSES WHINEY BITCHES

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

RACER X ILLITERATE COCKSUCKER WHY YOU PLAYED PREVIOUS GTAS?THERE WAS NO TRIGGER THROTTLE OR BRAKE SO...f*ck YOU STUPID REDNECK

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

YOU WOULD BUY, EAT AND SUCK ANYTHING, I MEAN, ANYTHING ROCKSTAR WOULD THROW AT YOU ASSHOLES

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

WE DON´T GIVE A f*ck EITHER ABOUT PEOPLE THAT LIKES NEW CONTROLLER SETUP GO TO SCHOOL OR READ A BOOK FOOL

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

SO PEOPLE AGREE WITH CLASSIC CONTROLS OPTION DLC EASY TO FOLLOW THIS FORUM UP THERE ON THE RIGHT. HAVE FUN

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

RACER X STOP EATING BURGERS FATTY STUPID KID FOR SURE YOU HAVEN´T EVEN GET A f*ck IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE. YEAH LOOK BORED AND NO f*ckING ( RETARDED )

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

ROCKSTAR WON´T GIVE YOU A sh*t FOR MUCH YOU LIKE THEIR STUPID NEW CONTROL LAYOUT KEEP TALKING´BOUT IT FATTY FOOL

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

GO STAMP YOUR HEAD AGAINST A WALL. IF YOU LIKE TRIGGERS, OK f*ck YOU WITH THAT. BUT WHAT´S YOUR FUKICNG PROBLEM? MORE THAN 50% OF GTA CUSTOMERS DON´T LIKE IT SO. SHUT THE f*ck UP AND WRITE ON A POST ABOUT HOW GOOD ARE THE NEW CONTROLS DON´T TOUCH OUR BALLS

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

IF YOU TYPE FUK IT DOESN´T GET CENSORED,GREAT. FUK YOU MOTHERFUKER RACER X AN PHONY BADASS KIDS

ross_mini5
  • ross_mini5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Rockstar should make a patch to give players the option to use Classic Controls in GTA V.

I think all the players who want to see this happen should email Rockstar, I emailed them the other day.

Email: [email protected]

Link: http://www.rockstarg.../#/?lb=mouthoff

I think GTA V should have the option to use these controls to drive the vehicles:

Xbox/PS3 – A/Cross - Accelerate/Mobile Phone Accept
Xbox/PS3 – X/Square –  Brake/Reverse

Some players just don’t get on driving using the triggers.

The more people we can get to email Rockstar, the more chance they may listen.

Petition:

To include the "OPTION" for classic controls in GTA-V

(Click here)

ALSO

Add this to your Signature if you want to fight for this with us!

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

WHY YOU KEEP RUNNING AND BIKE RIDING WITH X?BECAUSE IF YOU HAD TO PRESS THE R2 TRIGGER CONTINUOUSLY FOR THOSE FUNCTIONS YOU WOULD BREAK IT IN THE FIRST 2 DAYS. THEY KNOW THAT OF COURSE. THEY HAVEN´T DISCOVERED ANYTHING. X FOR THROTTLE SQUARE FOR BRAKE

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

RACER X ILLITERATE COCKSUCKER WHY YOU PLAYED PREVIOUS GTAS?THERE WAS NO TRIGGER THROTTLE OR BRAKE SO...f*ck YOU STUPID REDNECK

Too far dude!

With language like that no one is going to take this seriously.

Let me apologize for "VALDE85" , his intentions were good but the vocabulary isn't there Again I'm sorry for "VALDE85"

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

WHY YOU KEEP RUNNING AND BIKE RIDING WITH X?BECAUSE IF YOU HAD TO PRESS THE R2 TRIGGER CONTINUOUSLY FOR THOSE FUNCTIONS YOU WOULD BREAK IT IN THE FIRST 2 DAYS. THEY KNOW THAT OF COURSE. THEY HAVEN´T DISCOVERED ANYTHING. X FOR THROTTLE SQUARE FOR BRAKE

Good point about the running.

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

cleardot.gif

So I am looking at the controls right now, X Is to answer the phone and handbrake R1 also is the handbrake.

Circle is to hang up and Square is for next weapon.
I am looking at GTA 4 controls now because someone said they added a lot more to GTA 5.

The only in car different I'm seeing Is the D-pad operating the whole entire phone In GTA 5.

So once again there is absolutely no reason then for them to take out classic controls as a "option"

DragRacingSupra
  • DragRacingSupra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

For those who don't understand why we want classic controls back.. I'll tell you a main reason why I want classic controls back. I'm the best pilot in helicopter with shooting in Grand Theft Auto 4. I kill the people pretty easy and I can fly circle with shooting like piece of cake. And now, Rockstar transferred standard controls from GTA4 to GTA5 but not classic controls? Whoa whoaaaa, hold up.. now I can't damn fly circle with shooting with either standard or alternate controls because it's pretty difficult. Not everyone is the same, Rockstar should know better that everyone is different. That explains why I want classic controls back, so I can fly circle with shooting again. Rockstar, if you're reading this, I hope you consider to bring classic controls back.

Thank you

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

I don't have carple tunnel or anything, but I've spent years perfecting my driving in ALL of the GTA games using 'X' and 'Square'. 

I can't stand using f*cking triggers for driving. No longer can I pull off spectacular bends round corners or great handbrake turns.

Please fix this R*.

I agree. I have a feeling that many people who say the driving sucked in IV because they couldn't take corners without slamming into everything were being hampered by the use of the triggers and didn't realize they could switch it. 

I've played V for many hours now and I can drive okay with the triggers, but you're right -- I can't even attempt to take corners and spin around with the triggers, because the handbrake is needed (at least the way I do it) and it's in an awkward position with the new controller setup. And flying is INSANE ... in IV, I was really good with the helicopter while many of my friends could never master it ... one reason, I suspect, is because flying is much harder with the trigger setup ... if you want to turn left and right while speeding up or slowing down, you'd have to use your middle fingers for L2/R2 and index fingers for L1/R1. That is completely uncomfortable and not very functional, if you ask me. And if you then have to hit X to fire your missile in the jet while trying to do all that ... geez ... that's just idiotic.

I love these silly guys who say "man up" (as if video games increase testosterone or something) and "get with the times." Well ... maybe Rockstar should get with the times, because even very simple games often have the option to assign buttons as you see fit. All these customizations of characters and cars, and then they limited customization of controls? That's really weird.

I'm also bugged by the sniper rifle. I always used the left analog stick to aim and the right to zoom, and now that option is gone ... that's a weird thing to take out. Plus, I think it's strange that our character still can't walk with the sniper rifle on zoom, even though they allowed this in Red Dead.

And, of course, no crouching. Very odd. Perhaps they spent all the time needed to make those control changes on ensuring that Launch Day went off without a hitch and we didnt get characters and rankings deleted every day. Which, of course, they succeeded in doing...

Itzreality
  • Itzreality

A title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

No one here has ever played "claw" obviously

elfoam
  • elfoam

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

You guys are seriously retarded. The new controls are much better than old ones.

Get ready to feel like a d*ck in 3.2.1, I’m crippled so when you said "You guys are seriously retarded” has NOTHING to do with brain power! Some people have carpal tunnel, others have worse disabilities (like me).

I've actually started to develop carpal tunnel from playing GTA v. I found this thread because I can't find an option to change the driving controls to stick acceleration which would be much easier on the wrists. It's a real shame you can't change it to whatever you want.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Dat unnecessary bump though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users