ARE CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK!?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic
VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

What the hell are you guys talking about? It's been like that in IV too and we all got used to it, so you can too. I find I have more control when using the triggers.
And really, pain in your hands, fingers? Really? I played 15 hours straight on launch day and didn't feel a thing.

Man the f*ck up, please, at least do it for society

I didn't want it to come to this but I am sick of hearing”just get use to it”. Some people have carpal tunnel, others have worse disabilities (like me). What your about to see SHOULD quiet most who say ”just get use to it”

get%2520use%25202%2520this.JPG

weapon%2520wheel.JPG

TRY GETTING USE TO THIS!!!!!!

Fair enough, you have a dissablity. That still doesn't cover my "Man the f*ck up" portion of my post. I get that for people that have such a thing like that you'd like the old controls back, but using the fact that you have a disablity to rectify wanting a change in controls an wanting everyone who says to "get used to it" to shut up, just isn't right neither.

I'mma drop it now.

Did you get an F- in English?

We have been saying from the beginning that we DON'T WANT TO REMOVE ONE SYSTEM FOR THE OTHER, just the option to choose between the two setups like in IV.

Everything would remain exactly as it is now, giving another choice to anyone who would want to make it and changing nothing to anyone who wouldn't.

• VALDE85 and awb555 like this

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

What the hell are you guys talking about? It's been like that in IV too and we all got used to it, so you can too. I find I have more control when using the triggers.
And really, pain in your hands, fingers? Really? I played 15 hours straight on launch day and didn't feel a thing.

Man the f*ck up, please, at least do it for society

I didn't want it to come to this but I am sick of hearing”just get use to it”. Some people have carpal tunnel, others have worse disabilities (like me). What your about to see SHOULD quiet most who say ”just get use to it”

get%2520use%25202%2520this.JPG

weapon%2520wheel.JPG

TRY GETTING USE TO THIS!!!!!!

Fair enough, you have a dissablity. That still doesn't cover my "Man the f*ck up" portion of my post. I get that for people that have such a thing like that you'd like the old controls back, but using the fact that you have a disablity to rectify wanting a change in controls an wanting everyone who says to "get used to it" to shut up, just isn't right neither.

I'mma drop it now.

I didn't say to "shut up" I meant it as before you say "JUST get just to it".

People need to think about EVERYONE before commenting. 

There were 2 ways you could've said, what you said

1:Shut the f*ck up, and get use to it. (which is what you did)

2:I personally like the new controls, but I understand those who like the old controls.

DFW333
  • DFW333

Firefighter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

I wish the classic controls would come back. In addition to the difficulty of flying a plane, I tend to hit L1 for radio station selection in cars. Of course it is Left on the D-Pad on PS3 and you can hold that button down for the radio wheel to come up. I like that function, but when you absent mindedly try to hold L1 for that function and end up spraying bullets all over the area it makes for an interesting game.

• VALDE85 likes this

hellfury66
  • hellfury66

guns fun booze and bullets at ammunation buy a gun or get lost

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

man i wish rock star would bring the classic controlls back! because 1 im very used to them in a lot of driving games including gta4. and 2 theirs nothing wrong with the old style controlls in the 1st place

to begain with.  why did they get this stupid dumb idea of driving in the game with the triggers in the 1st place any way. and yes i got carple tunnel in my hands too. really  ROCK STAR YOU RUINED THE

CONTROLLS FOR EVERYBODY IN GTA5. :cry: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :sui: :sneaky:

• VALDE85 likes this

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

man i wish rock star would bring the classic controlls back! because 1 im very used to them in a lot of driving games including gta4. and 2 theirs nothing wrong with the old style controlls in the 1st place

to begain with.  why did they get this stupid dumb idea of driving in the game with the triggers in the 1st place any way. and yes i got carple tunnel in my hands too. really  ROCK STAR YOU RUINED THE CONTROLLS FOR EVERYBODY IN GTA5. :cry: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :sui: :sneaky:

It's not just Rockstar!

ALL driving games have gone to the L2R2, but they offer the "OPTION"!

The only game that didn't give a "OPTION" was "Burnout Paradise" (only one that I know of)

• VALDE85 likes this

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST LIKE SHEEPS CALM DOWN NOBODY SAYS THAT R CHANGE THE CONTROLS JUST A DLC WITH THE OPTION OF CLASSIC CONTROLS IN CONFIG MENU I´M FROM SPAIN AND IN GTA IV YOU COULD PLAY WITH X FOR THROTTLE AND SQUARE FOR BRAKE JUST GIVE THE OPTION THAT´S IT. IF YOU´RE THE KIND OF FOOL THAT BELIEVES NEW MEANS BETTER f*ck YOU AND PLAY WITH THE TRIGGERS IN SAN ANDREAS YOU HADN´T THE TRIGGERS HOW DID YOU LIVE WITHOUT THESE NEW RUBBISH CONFIG? TELL ME HOW DO YOU CHANGE GEAR WITH R1 AND L1 IN GT5 FOR INSTANCE IF YOU HAVE TO THROTTLE WITH THE R2 L2?SEEMS A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST DRIVE IN GTA AUTOMATIC I UNDERSTAND THAT IN THE U.S.A ALL THE f*ckING CARS ARE AUTOMATIC BUT IN NASCAR THEY ARE MANUAL WITH CLUTCH PEDAL SO CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK FOOLS

• awb555 likes this

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

AND WHAT ABOUT THE CAMERA THAT LOOPS WITH THE PLANE?IT MAKES YOU SICK THEY THOUGTH IT WOULD BE LIKE ACE COMBAT OR SOMETHING.TRAIN MISSIONS AND DRIVING DUDES FROM ROCKSTAR

• awb555 likes this

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

IN THE WORST GAMES YOU CAN EVEN CHOOSE WHAT BUTTON DOES WHAT IS THAT TOO HARD THEY DEVELOP THE GREATEST AND MOST EXPENSIVE GAME EVER ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT ABOUT IT WE ARE ALL STUNNED BUT THEY HAVE CHANGED A LOT OF IMPORTANT DETAILS THEY SHOULD CALL IT REAL THEFT AUTO BECAUSE IF YOU BLINK AN EYE YOU DIE. IT´S WATCH YOUR ASS AUTO FROM NOW ON

• awb555 likes this

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

AWB555 WE´RE ALL WITH YOU MATE I´M NOT DISABLED IN ANYWAY BUT THEY HAVE DONE WHAT THEY JUST WANT TO.AND THE USERS.....WE ALLTOGETHER WE´VE PAID 800 MILLION DOLLARS JUST IN THE FIRST DAY SO......WE CAN GO TO HELL AS IT LOOKS

• awb555 likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

I don't have carple tunnel or anything, but I've spent years perfecting my driving in ALL of the GTA games using 'X' and 'Square'. 

I can't stand using f*cking triggers for driving. No longer can I pull off spectacular bends round corners or great handbrake turns.

Please fix this R*.

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

YEEEEEEEAH FOR THAT

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

THEY MUST THINK THEY´VE INVENTED THE WHEEL

QUESTION IS SIMPLE : IF YOU CHANGE SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN THAT WAY SINCE THE 1,2 AND THE GREAT GREAT GTA III FIRST FOR PS2 AND BOTH THE GAMES FOR PS3 YOU MUST KEEP AT LEAST THE OPTION.WHY THEY JUST FORCE EVERYONE TO PLAY WITH THEIR NEW CONFIG IT MAKES NONSENSE X FOR THROTTLE SQUARE FOR BRAKE IS THE BEST CONFIGURATION BY MILES IT HAS BEEN PROVEN IN ALL DRIVING GAMES FOR YEARS .THEMSELVES MUST REALIZE THAT

• awb555 likes this

xtaz
  • xtaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

First thing I did when playing Gran Turismo 5 was adjusting the controls to X/gas and L1/R1 shifting. 
First thing I did when playing GTA5 was checking control setup and immediately felt a bit disappointed for not being able to change them. I never understood the gas/brake control with L2/R2.. It doesn't feel right to me. I never buy a racing game if it doesn't let me change the controls. 

Well, I guess I'll try my best using L2/R2 for now, until a patch fixes it, or until the game hits PC.

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

LUCKY YOU HAVE A BRUTAL PC TO RUN THIS BUT I HAVE A LAPTOP SO.....FORGET ABOUT IT AND MY PS3 IS A 320GB 350DOLLARS SO.....THEY MUST FIX THAT. EASY FOR THEM DLC AND THERE YOU GO IT´S JUST AN OPTION

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

WAKE UP! IN GT5 YOU CAN USE THE AMOUNT OF GAS AND BRAKE YOU WANT IT´S NOT A MATTER OF CONTROLLER IT´S ABOUT THE GAME IN GTA IV IT WAS FULL THROTTLE FULL BRAKE AGREE WITH THAT BUT IN GT5 ISN´T.ANYWAY YOU JUST NEED FULL THROTTLE FULL BRAKE IT´S GTA ARE YOU CRUISING ALONG?FIFTEEN HOURS PLAYING GTA SO YOU HAVEN´T A CAR ACTUALLY BECAUSE YOU MUST BE A STUPID KID. XBOX360 CRAP GET YOURSELF A PS3. WHAT A STUPID SON OF A BITCH A WEEK PLAYING WITH GTA V AND SAYING THE NEW CONTROLS ARE BETTER GO f*ck YOURSELF WITH A STICK.THEY CHANGED THAT JUST TO FIT THEIR RUBBISH NEW WEAPONS AND CHARACTER MENUS,IT STINKS.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

I really don't see how this could be a problem for R* to fix. It wouldn't require much programming, as 'X' is currently used for handbrake (we already can use R1 for handbrake), and 'Square' is used to change your weapon (which can be switched to one of the triggers).

• awb555 likes this

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

First thing I did when playing Gran Turismo 5 was adjusting the controls to X/gas and L1/R1 shifting. 
First thing I did when playing GTA5 was checking control setup and immediately felt a bit disappointed for not being able to change them. I never understood the gas/brake control with L2/R2.. It doesn't feel right to me. I never buy a racing game if it doesn't let me change the controls. 

Well, I guess I'll try my best using L2/R2 for now, until a patch fixes it, or until the game hits PC.

I've already bought for the PS3.

Now i can't play it

I assumed that it would've had classic\GTA4 controls.

But you know what they say when you “assume”

I really don't see how this could be a problem for R* to fix. It wouldn't require much programming, as 'X' is currently used for handbrake (we already can use R1 for handbrake), and 'Square' is used to change your weapon (which can be switched to one of the triggers).

I didn't know that X=handbrake, Square=weapon change.

Knowing that, R* NOW has NO excuses not to add the "OPTION" !!

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

BY THE WAY...NO HOES ON GTA V?

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

BY THE WAY...NO HOES ON GTA V?

It's not GTA without the hoes LOL

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

YEAH LITTLE BIT OF FUN IT´S NOW WATCH YOUR ASS AUTO REMEMBER IF YOU f*ck A HOE YOU CAN GET AN STD,IF YOU CRASH AT 200MPH WITHOUT SEATBELT YOU CAN DIE AND IF YOU RUN OVER EVERYBODY THE COPS WILL SHOOT YOU DOWN FINE. IN REAL LIFE NOT HERE

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

That's GTA 101 not going for realism!

RedHolden
  • RedHolden

Playing GTA Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:08 PM Edited by RedHolden, 24 September 2013 - 09:11 PM.

I have Dyspraxia and i find it a pain in the sack to use the trigger controls. I was fine with the classic controls and that was one of the Main reasons i kept coming back for GTA. I understood it and the controls were easy to use.

When I started the first mission. Driving was confusing to me and I was like (Ok R2 to drive is the main driving button, But lets see if i can change it to classic. Nope there's no classic. This is going to be a pain to use) 

Try sending R* a email or try talking about it on the R* news-wire. . 

I signed the petition too. 

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

WHAT A sh*t YOU CAN´T DRIVE TRAINS BUT YOU CAN DO YOGA.ARE THEY f*ckING MAD?IF I WANTED TO DO YOGA I WOULD BUY A f*ckING WII WHAT AN ARMY OF STUPID PEOPLE

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

I have Dyspraxia and i find it a pain in the sack to use the trigger controls. I was fine with the classic controls and that was one of the Main reasons i kept coming back for GTA. I understood it and the controls were easy to use.

When I started the first mission. Driving was confusing to me and I was like (Ok R2 to drive is the main driving button, But lets see if i can change it to classic. Nope there's no classic. This is going to be a pain to use) 

Try sending R* a email or try talking about it on the R* news-wire. . 

I signed the petition too. 

I thank you for signing!

Same but i cant finish the first mission! 

WHAT A sh*t YOU CAN´T DRIVE TRAINS BUT YOU CAN DO YOGA.ARE THEY f*ckING MAD?IF I WANTED TO DO YOGA I WOULD BUY A f*ckING WII WHAT AN ARMY OF STUPID PEOPLE

WTH! Was that English??? lol

Let me TRY to translate that..

What your saying is, by using L2, R2 its like taking Yoga for your fingers??

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

Don't people like the ability to control how fast they're driving? Triggers are optimal. 

skyerxd
  • skyerxd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

I also miss the old controls

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

IF YOU WANT CLASSIC CONTROLS OPTIONS SIGN PETITION AND FOLLOW UP THERE. EASY

gta_10851
  • gta_10851

GTA_10851

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

People keep saying in the other games you have to learn the controls. That may be true, but we are talking about the same game no matter if its’ III, Vice, San Andreas, IV or V. so our nervous system is wired for the classic thinking. It is the same exact game. If you learned to type the correct way and they changed the keyboard because it’s better, how would your nervous system react or learned to play the guitar or piano and all of a sudden you had to learn a different way. I don't like to play this game.

I don’t understand the people who are against it. It’s not going to screw with your game play you will still have your option and I’d support you because my classic option is the same. Maybe you don’t want to get beat by the classic users by keeping us armatures to this standard option. By the way I’m no noob I’ve been playing the classic style since 2001.

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:16 PM Edited by awb555, 24 September 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Don't people like the ability to control how fast they're driving? Triggers are optimal. 

You can control how fast you go with X.

I'd love to be able to use the (triggers) but I physically can't.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

what the hell is up with you guys I've been gaming for over 15 years and I never had trouble changing from X to L2... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users