Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Options > Controls....

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

Options > Controls....

I haven't got my copy yet but I actually just remembered this. So you have already checked in the options in the actual game? Can you confirm there are classic controls?

DutchMastaDoE
  • DutchMastaDoE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

No. Classic controls are not in gta 5. It sucks being that those are the controls ive been using since the 1st gta. I used to be a great driver, now i just walk or take a cab or bike to where i have to go........ Kinda ruins the game for me. I dont even want to play it anymore
  • Ethereal_NYC, stangone50 and VALDE85 like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

Classic controls are ditched, BUT, Southpaw controls are now in. To those complaining, you'll have to move with the times, trigger driving has been here since GTA3 on the Original Xbox.

• DeafMetal and adictoGTA like this

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

thanks for the info guys

ok the game is ruined for me. part of the pleasure of playing every gta was in how practical and perfectly balance the controls were. in gta, there were dozens of different things I could do in dozens of different contexts. yet, unlike many other games, there wasn't a single thing that was impossible or difficult to do, because the control set was just perfect.

what is the sensible reason for changing the controls? why on earth did they start having this stupid idea of R2/L2 driving? in any driving game, you accelerate with X, you brake with square, if you put a controller in the hands of a 6 year old for the first time he will do that by instinct.

this obnoxious need that developers have to change the few things they shouldn't really disgusts me

• Ethereal_NYC, VALDE85, the_irish_man and 1 other like this

the_irish_man
  • the_irish_man

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

hi everyone,

I feel your pain. I have played gta for 16 years, from the very beginning. I have played with classic controls for 10 years. thats 10 years fine tuning my driving. I didnt even have to think about the controls. I was the car. 

Launch night was ruined for me. I am like an amateur now. I could not even look at the game for 24 hours. I cant belive rockstar made such an over sight. 280 million to develop the game and such an over sight. I know people say we must move with the times but why not give us the option? There are no extra controls on cars so there is no logical reason not to give us classic controls. 

I have created a face book page to try to get rockstar's attention. The more that follow the louder the voice we have. Please join the page and invite your friends. Also inform any like minded people online or in person to join.

One patch could fix this issue...its so simple....please rockstar give your old school brothers their game back.

The web address is :www.facebook.com/pages/Give-us-Classic-Control-settings-for-GTA-5

Touch wood,pray to your god and maybe, just maybe with people power the gaming gods will smile on us. :yingyang:

• Ethereal_NYC, stangone50, kipakolonyasi and 1 other like this

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

i too was looking foward to classic controls. oh well. even after decades things change :dontgetit:

• VALDE85 likes this

optimusprime8062
  • optimusprime8062

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

That Facebook page just goes to "Page Not Found," did they take it down?

Also, yes, we can "go with the times" but...thats not what this is, this is something that isn't practical. It's trying to push something that works well with the Xbox 360 controller and put it on the PS3 controller. It doesn't work. My hand starts cramping out after trying to keep my finger up on the convexed PS3 trigger (thankfully the DS4 will be concaved) and just pressing "x" is much easier.

This is such a small thing but a reallly big deal for me. You kind of spend a lot of time driving in the game...

I sent Rockstar a message with their "Mouth Off" feature on their website here: http://www.rockstarg.../#/?lb=mouthoff , I felt silly doing so but it's worth a try. 

infidel74
  • infidel74

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

Add me to the frustrated list. I even started playing IV on PS# a couple weeks ago just to get used to a controller, thoroughly enjoying the X and Square...gone. Surely they'll release an update after hearing all the fans scream about it. I am glad and absolutely NOT surprised I am not alone.
  • VALDE85 likes this

C4RR4NZ4
  • C4RR4NZ4

Peerless

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

I also don't like the removal of the GTA classic control scheme however, if you have played Max Payne 3 and other shooters like I have, you'd have gotten used to it by now.

• VALDE85 likes this

the_irish_man
  • the_irish_man

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

facebook page still up and running. just type:

Give-us-Classic-Control-settings-for-GTA-5  into  the search bar on facebook and you should find it.

gta_10851
  • gta_10851

GTA_10851

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

I agree. They should have put in the classic option. I've been playing gta since gta 3. Now I don't like to play because my hands are trained for the classic. It's like learning to play with bad habits and now they expect our brains to pick this up. I don't like going through the frustration of being beat by a less skilled player.

It's like when you first learn to type or play an intrument. Someone mentioned going forward with the times, I don't think entering cheat codes over and over again by not using the cell phone is progressing. I hope they can have a downloadable patch for this.

• VALDE85 likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

PLEASE bring back classic controls...

My hands hurt!
  • VALDE85 and awb555 like this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

You guys are seriously retarded. The new controls are much better than old ones.

• GroundZero and adictoGTA like this

optimusprime8062
  • optimusprime8062

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

You guys are seriously retarded. The new controls are much better than old ones.

Cool. 

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

What the hell are you guys talking about? It's been like that in IV too and we all got used to it, so you can too. I find I have more control when using the triggers.
And really, pain in your hands, fingers? Really? I played 15 hours straight on launch day and didn't feel a thing.

Man the f*ck up, please, at least do it for society
  • GroundZero and adictoGTA like this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

What the hell are you guys talking about? It's been like that in IV too and we all got used to it, so you can too. I find I have more control when using the triggers.
And really, pain in your hands, fingers? Really? I played 15 hours straight on launch day and didn't feel a thing.

in iv, there was the option of classic controls.

that's what this thread is talking about.

man up? seriously? we're talking about sitting indoors (presumably in a nice, comfy chair), playing videogames...

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

in iv, there was the option of classic controls.

that's what this thread is talking about.

man up? seriously? we're talking about sitting indoors (presumably in a nice, comfy chair), playing videogames...

Ahh okay, I naturally thought they'd bring that feature over to V.

Yeah, that's for every complaining about their fingers hurting because of the trigger buttons..

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

:'(

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

This has annoyed me too.

Like the guys above said, I've been using 'X' and 'square' to drive for every GTA since the very first one, and now I'm being forced to use the f*cking triggers to drive. I really don't understand why they couldn't give us the option like they did in IV. 

And will some of you shut the f*ck up with your..."hurr man up hurr move with da times hurr"...

It has nothing to do with sore fingers or whatever. It's to do with being able to control the cars better. The triggers absolutely suck for doing handbrake turns and skidding round bends.

I don't have a Facebook, but I hope you guys can bring this to the attention of R*.

• VivaSonny likes this

Loyal_Fan
  • Loyal_Fan

X=gas, Square=brake

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Without classic controls, my expert skills since 2001 are OUT THE WINDOW (gone!)...

Let's comment at their web site, and at their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook...grandtheftauto5

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

It doesn't feel right.

It feels like if in a real car, instead of pushing the gas pedal with your foot, you had a lever that you slide with your hand.

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

If you could tell me how having the option, whether using it or not, would affect your gaming please enlighten me.

P.S. Don't make retarded judgments out of everyone, you'll resent it when looking back.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

I too am hoping for a patch to fix this . I have been playing anyway though and i am getting used to it but i really dont like it . I bought a PS3 along with the game , if I would have known i would not have got this game .

But by the time they do deciede to patch it ill be done with the dam game .

R* really f*cked up with this one .

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Get ready to feel like a d*ck in 3.2.1, I’m crippled so when you said "You guys are seriously retarded” has NOTHING to do with brain power! Some people have carpal tunnel, others have worse disabilities (like me).

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

I didn't want it to come to this but I am sick of hearing”just get use to it”. Some people have carpal tunnel, others have worse disabilities (like me). What your about to see SHOULD quiet most who say ”just get use to it”

get%2520use%25202%2520this.JPG

weapon%2520wheel.JPG

TRY GETTING USE TO THIS!!!!!!

Our lord Steve Jobs
  • Our lord Steve Jobs

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

There are a classic controls in the options, but IDK what it's supposed to do so I never chose. However, to ride a bike, you press X. (I'm familiar with PS controls even though I'm on 360)

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

I didn't want it to come to this but I am sick of hearing”just get use to it”. Some people have carpal tunnel, others have worse disabilities (like me). What your about to see SHOULD quiet most who say ”just get use to it”

weapon%2520wheel.JPG

Fair enough, you have a dissablity. That still doesn't cover my "Man the f*ck up" portion of my post. I get that for people that have such a thing like that you'd like the old controls back, but using the fact that you have a disablity to rectify wanting a change in controls an wanting everyone who says to "get used to it" to shut up, just isn't right neither.

I'mma drop it now.

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

weapon%2520wheel.JPG

Fair enough, you have a dissablity. That still doesn't cover my "Man the f*ck up" portion of my post. I get that for people that have such a thing like that you'd like the old controls back, but using the fact that you have a disablity to rectify wanting a change in controls an wanting everyone who says to "get used to it" to shut up, just isn't right neither.

I'mma drop it now.

All we want is a OPTION for the classic. Not to take to take away from thos like it.

Also you need to take a lesson from Thumpers mom:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users