Photo

Saving cars

8 replies to this topic
Emjayblaze
  • Emjayblaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hey guys, hoping for some help... I've had the game for a few days, but I'm having trouble saving customized cars. I spent about 80k hookin up a car I jacked, then parked it in my garage. I then saved the game, took the car back out, did a few missions, losing the car somewhere, and other events I go back to the garage, the car is gone... I thought it would be saved? Can anyone clarify what I need to do to save the cars I spend so much money on? Thanks in advance.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

If you lost it, it SHOULD end up at the police impound according to the sources I read. Doesn't matter what happens it should always end up there. Goodluck

hellslave
  • hellslave

livєэvil

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

Impound lot.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

I think buying and insuring a car is the only way to guarentee you keep it.  Not sure though, I've only played it for about an hour and a half.

Emjayblaze
  • Emjayblaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

So any car that is parked in your garage is considered "yours"? What I mean is, what determines what cars go to impound? I've driven 100s of cars.

rixsta
  • rixsta

16PSI 4X4

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

The impound lot is just up the road from Franklins house right?

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

The impound lot seems to be quite buggy. It is located on the East side of Los Santos, at the police station. It seems to impound a random car that you jack, which might just be the first one you ever jack, and no others. If you save a car in your garage, drive around, leave it... that's it. Gone. No impound. The game doesn't seem to be very good at knowing which cars to impound. I think it should impound any cars you have put into a garage in the past when you leave them, and there needs to be some sort of option to stop impounding it, if you just don't want the car anymore.

Does anyone have the bradygames guide? It might explain this system if it's not actually broken.

allinclusive
  • allinclusive

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Maybe only the cars you actually BUY get impounded, not the ones you leave on the street after you stole them.

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

Maybe only the cars you actually BUY get impounded, not the ones you leave on the street after you stole them.

Cars you steal do get impounded, just not the wants you want impounding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users