Photo

Will they patch the driving physics?

114 replies to this topic
exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Only thing thats missing is when you turn your, no matter how hard or in what speed its almost impossible to lose control of car. It feels like it moving on rails.

But doesnt bother me as much as i thought it would

I agree that driving was far more better in iv, but i guess they changed it to avoid the endless whining of kids who dont want to drive if its possible to lose control of a vehicle :/

So you want the car to spinout??? I lost control of the buffalo trying to 90 degree turn going mad fast i had to handbrake slid right into a wall. lol.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

I'm really annoyed by the fact that when driving at high speeds, Franklin's afro doesn't realistically rock backwards and forwards when accelerating and decelerating. 

I'm taking my copy back as soon as it arrives, guys. 

evilclive
  • evilclive

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Sigh...another one of these threads. Everyone complained about gtaIV's driving when it came out and now with the release of gtaV they want it back..wtf. Have i entered a parallel universe?

I hope they dont "patch it" cause i dont want butter on my wheels anymore.

• Alkaporty likes this

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Please sign the petition on change.org

Rockstar: Add an option to GTA 5 to change the driving mechanics back to GTA 4 Style
We need the driving fixed.
Lets see if we can make a difference!

http://chn.ge/19agus0

• jagcivtec likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

GTA 4 felt like the cars were boats.  In GTA 5, the physics are set up so you have to have driving skills.  If you want to drift, you have to turn your wheels the right angle, or else, you will spin out.  In GTA 4, you just turn all the way and spam the handbrake to drift.  No skills involved.

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

i hope they wont patch it just to see how long you and people like you will keep this up,and this goes for anyone who keeps recycling complaint threads.

SoSoSubliminal
  • SoSoSubliminal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

The driving does suck =(, I hope they patch it.

• jagcivtec likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

GTA 4 felt like the cars were boats.  In GTA 5, the physics are set up so you have to have driving skills.  If you want to drift, you have to turn your wheels the right angle, or else, you will spin out.  In GTA 4, you just turn all the way and spam the handbrake to drift.  No skills involved.

More like fighting against the auto correct bs - which is meant to dumb down the driving for stupid people who weren't skilled at driving in IV.

• jagcivtec likes this

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

Reviewers mean s**t, they get free copies.  Rockstar should care for the long fans of the series and the fans of GTA4, and we hate the new Arcade style for driving and collisions with no physics and titanium cars that crash head on full speed with no visible deformation.  I say add an option to make driving available for skilled players, with decent momentum and friction mechanics like in GTA4, we don't want this on-rails feel Midnight Club armored car crap.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

Cars do slide if you steer left to right... Bumpers scrape if your going 40mph and crank the wheel... Cars can spin their tires if you hit the gas in the apex of a corner. All things you can't do in GTA V.
All the people saying that GTA 4 was less realistic and we should drive a real car need an MRI cause brain damage is likely the cause behind that sentence.
R* wanted all the 12yr old kids to be able to drive in their game so they could sell more copies so they made it stupid easy and unrealistic.
  • zielarz119 likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Cars do slide if you steer left to right... Bumpers scrape if your going 40mph and crank the wheel... Cars can spin their tires if you hit the gas in the apex of a corner. All things you can't do in GTA V.
All the people saying that GTA 4 was less realistic and we should drive a real car need an MRI cause brain damage is likely the cause behind that sentence.
R* wanted all the 12yr old kids to be able to drive in their game so they could sell more copies so they made it stupid easy and unrealistic.

Explain how the sports cars handled like 1970's Lincolns.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

Maybe you explain because they were not

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

An argument has erupted,

GTAIV too soft,

GTAV too hard

Ok so the handling is much easyer, and such in V, but I drive a montecarlo RL, and it handles like sh*t, seriusly I drove a mitsubishi montero and that handled better, I do feel they missed out the jiggley low damping cars this time around, But the sports cars and such feel tighter now. so.. surly some people are happy?

stonz52
  • stonz52

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

It's already been patched.. So has the player physics... Small details..

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Really? I dident notice Shows how good I am. I still dont feel no massive body roll from station wagons tho.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 30 November 2013 - 10:37 PM.

OP is clearly an idiot who calls anyone with different taste than him a fanboy or bad gamer. Who can Rockstar please though, "GTA IV's driving is too hard, GTA V's driving is too easy" e.g.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

I f*cking hope so

Vagg
  • Vagg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

It surely must be patched FFS why do we discuss this really?

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Has anyone noticed that so far from GTA 3 to V (including LCS and VCS too) that the car physics have been different in every game? If that's true then why are people complaining about this?

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

Maybe you explain because they were not

When I drove the comet (a sports car) in gta 4, the sides would nearly scrape the road.  That is nothing like real life.

CitySlikah
  • CitySlikah

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:30 PM Edited by CitySlikah, 01 December 2013 - 09:35 PM.

have to agree with OP..gta iv had one of the best driving physics ive ever saw in such a game..it was perfect! but after playing gta v for ~4 hours, the driving still feels like sh*t and destroys the whole gameplay for me..gta is a game based on driving, and i dont get used to this weird arcady driving physic..oh dear -.- R* -.-

Have you ever driven a car before?

yes

Bullsh*t, youre probably a 15 year old British kid.

im actually 19 and live in germany

Yeah will Im 27, have been driving a Ford Mustang for years and it is nothing like GTA IV handling at high speeds.

dude you take your mustang around a tight turn going too fast, I f*cking guarantee you will slide that motherf*cker and prob killyourself. You sound like a f*cking idiot. Just because your older, and own a sh*tty mustang, dont make you a better driver. I bet I would drift circles on your ass when it comes to driving in real life lol

Cars do slide in real life if your going to fast around a turn.

GTA IV you could to better burnouts, and spin the tires more. I though it was more realistic in IV

GTA V damn near feels like it has traction controll. No where near perfection, like people are saying. I still like the driving, but too arcadey for my style.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

The physics suck and if u disagree you are either a 12yr old/ a fan boy/ or couldnt drive in IV because you suck.

IV Was near perfect. This feels terrible its like quick turning brick.

Do you think they will patch it? cant see them doing it because people will be used to by now and they cant change it then.

U fully agree, IV was near perfect if you ask me. This is more a mix between last gen GTA and Saints row when it comes to cars, when it comes to bikes.. its flat out the worst bike handling/physics i've seen in a decade, I'm a great bike fan, i work with bikes every day as i'm a bike restorer/seller IRL... but GTA V's bikes are just NOT fun to drive around on.

I still like GTA V, however i'm bored with the physics. Doing crazy stuff like stunts and online racing isn't funny with these physics if you ask me. There is just no skill involved and its just made for the brainless to be able to pull of things that makes them feel, they have skills.

The sad thing is, Saints Row series was known for their fake failed vehicle handling/physics, GTA IV was known for realism. Right now GTA V IMO is a less bugged/glitchy/higher budged version of Saints row.

I still like GTA V a lot for just spending the free time i have when i'm chilling down, and i'm happy i bought it. With a better set of physics, this game IMO would be golden.

As for now, I miss the time when GTA IV wasn't ruined by game ruining KSA saudi arab hackers, trolling people, freezing people their PS3 and making people not enjoying the game for what it was, was the start of the online douchebag-ism.

The fun messing around with the semi-realistic driving physics was great, and i'll always have the memorry of being in the top 3 to top 10 on pretty much all racing tracks in the first 2-3 years, the destruction derbies with all kinds of vehicles without shooting or other douchebags ruining it and racing against the best racers as we played online as enemies in races, but clean as friends. Just pure fun.

Pretty much at least half of the top 15 of all racers where buddies of mine. Some better, some a bit less. Nevertheless it was fun.

Nowdays the physic's/car handling/bike handling just feel so childish, i don't even bother with online racing.

The handling is best compared to pacman going through its maze of douchebags trying to eat him. press left, and a left turn is made, same with right. No need to really judge corners, to learn when to brake or whatever. 

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

The car physics are okay for me, it's the motorcycle and helicopter physics that bother me the most. Motorcycles are poor at doing burnouts and wheelies, whereas helicopters are too wobbly.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:24 AM Edited by AtomicPunk, 02 December 2013 - 12:25 AM.

I think if R* merges IV and V's driving physics we might have a winner winner chicken dinner! But they'll have to fix that generic vehicle damage system.

As far as the helis and motorcycles go, they need to be completely redone. I swear that Road Rash 3DO is where R* got their inspiration for GTA V motorcycles! lol The same physics. So sad to see R* not take pride in their work. They used to be on that sh*t. I think Zee knew something--That maybe a lot of whiskey was flowing at R* North? Many things he said seem to have come to fruition. I think Zee should be allowed back. Everyone has bad days and makes mistakes. Maybe now he would be a productive member again? This forum needs his point of view right now. (can't believe I'm even saying this lol)

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

They just need to let people choose between arcadey and realistic. That way everybody would be happy. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users