Quantcast

» «
Photo

Manual Cheat Codes!? Are You F*%$ing Kidding Me!?

123 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

I want to enjoy this game with cheat codes. Now I have to learn a whole f &*$ing cheat system!?

left up right left r1 l1 l3 square left triangle up up......no no wait it is..... left up right left l1 r1 l3 square left triangle up up.....oh well that took too long, Iam dead now so Ill start over :miranda:  :sui:

You're kidding right? 

Or are you just, like, 10, and only encountering this method that has BEEN USED IN GAMES FOR OVER 25 YEARS for the first time?

Matta G
  • Matta G

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Been doing this since Contra and Ikari Warriors bro.

ShadowPaws
  • ShadowPaws

Machinima Director

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

I want to enjoy this game with cheat codes. Now I have to learn a whole f &*$ing cheat system!?

left up right left r1 l1 l3 square left triangle up up......no no wait it is..... left up right left l1 r1 l3 square left triangle up up.....oh well that took too long, Iam dead now so Ill start over :miranda:  :sui:

You're kidding right? 

Or are you just, like, 10, and only encountering this method that has BEEN USED IN GAMES FOR OVER 25 YEARS for the first time?

I think we got a little puppy on our hands, he needs to probably go back to CoD if pushing buttons is too hard lol

Mr. Schneobelen
  • Mr. Schneobelen

That's harassment

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Yes, he obviously started with GTA IV, is that a bad thing?

To the OP:

This is pretty much the classic way of activating cheats, it's been around for quite some time.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I loved the phones cheats. I like that the cheats you liked were saved there. Rockstar games always take 10 steps forward and 5 steps back.

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

The point isn't that they're too hard to put in.  The point is that they developed a way that was MUCH easier once you learned to do it fast.  You didn't have to remember 80 different specific button combinations just to enter a cheat.  I could enter the weapons and health cheat in less than 2 seconds in IV.  It was a brilliant step up to make it easier to do that.  I started playing with the original GTA.  And those cheats were fine once I got the two or three that I could remember at one time nailed down.  But, with IV, they developed an easier system, that allowed you to access any cheat easily without having to fumble around and try to drive and enter in a complicated series of buttons.  It's a shame they took a step back, despite keeping the phones.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

I don't see why people are bashing him just because he likes phone cheats.

I played back when cheats were manual and then iv phone cheats. I like both but when you are in the middle of a chase and these cops, who are way stronger than any other gta game, shoot the f*ck out of you, there is nothing you gonna do. You gonna die.

I think phone cheats should have been an option, sometimes it's more fun and feels more accomplishing putting the cheats the classic way, but it's not the most convenient.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

You're kidding right? 

This.

Also, try getting your phone to activate a cheat while being shot at. That phone had it's good and bad points. I also heard you can do the cheats while in the pause menu.

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:10 PM Edited by dg101, 25 September 2013 - 09:10 PM.

Also, try getting your phone to activate a cheat while being shot at. That phone had it's good and bad points. I also heard you can do the cheats while in the pause menu.

I did.  Several thousand times, probably.  It's how I survived rampages against the cops.  It wasn't hard at all.

Sordidjaws
  • Sordidjaws

Heist Planner

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

GTA IV must have been your first GTA, I feel bad. You'll never experience the classics.

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

red dead did it best IMO

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

iseeanoob.jpg

Wolfwood428
  • Wolfwood428

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

At least this way getting shot doesn't prevent you from finishing the Cheat

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

Cheats are likely able to be inputted at the pause screen. UNLIKE GTA IV, where a bullet keeps canceling your sh*t before you dial or get through the menu.

You can't even CALL friends to help or drop cops or anything else because you get shot and the phone goes away.

This system is fast, once you know how it works, it's easy, and it's the fan-favorite. Again, they likely work in pause menu as well. ANd even if they don't. Cry more ,it's 100 times better than IV's system.

ROTLD
  • ROTLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

The only people who are mad at this are children. All the old men including myself enjoy Remeber the combos and how fast you can punch them.

Just pause the game noob.

Little kids nowadays smh

You're kidding right? 

Yeah man, this idiot is only like 10 years old or something man. Man, those manual cheat code days were awesome man, totally dude. Ah, man remember putting them in manually those were the days, man. 

Man, I remember all those codes from back in the day, man. I dream about those codes, man. My hands will just randomly put them in whenever I have something in my hands, man. Cant forget the old school days, man. Were veterans, man. This dude is a square, man. This dude probably never even played GTA before, man.

PS1, PS2, N64 totally tubular dudes...snap go even wayyy back Genesis, Commodore 64, Atari...oh man I just jizzed in my pants, man 

ROTLD
  • ROTLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

You're kidding right? 

I think we got a little puppy on our hands, he needs to probably go back to CoD if pushing buttons is too hard lol

Yes, he obviously started with GTA IV, is that a bad thing?

To the OP:

This is pretty much the classic way of activating cheats, it's been around for quite some time.

GTA IV must have been your first GTA, I feel bad. You'll never experience the classics.

Yeah man, this idiot is only like 10 years old or something man. Man, those manual cheat code days were awesome man, totally dude. Ah, man remember putting them in manually those were the days, man. 

Man, I remember all those codes from back in the day, man. I dream about those codes, man. My hands will just randomly put them in whenever I have something in my hands, man. Cant forget the old school days, man. Were veterans, man. This dude is a square, man. This dude probably never even played GTA before, man.

PS1, PS2, N64 totally tubular dudes...snap go even wayyy back Genesis, Commodore 64, Atari...oh man I just jizzed in my pants, man 

ROTLD
  • ROTLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

The point isn't that they're too hard to put in.  The point is that they developed a way that was MUCH easier once you learned to do it fast.  You didn't have to remember 80 different specific button combinations just to enter a cheat.  I could enter the weapons and health cheat in less than 2 seconds in IV.  It was a brilliant step up to make it easier to do that.  I started playing with the original GTA.  And those cheats were fine once I got the two or three that I could remember at one time nailed down.  But, with IV, they developed an easier system, that allowed you to access any cheat easily without having to fumble around and try to drive and enter in a complicated series of buttons.  It's a shame they took a step back, despite keeping the phones.

Common sense. Thank You

This is the GTA V cheat code system - Look at the cheat paper, start putting in cheat, look up and I'm dead. You access weapons and use them when putting in the cheats. You die and also received more stars on your wanted level for firing off the weapons and explosives while putting them in.

• BlaznAngel likes this

ROTLD
  • ROTLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

What a loser, man. Manual cheat codes are old school, man. You aint old school, man. Bet you never even had pussy before, virgin loser. Man, we eat pussy while manually entering cheat codes, man. Only fairies dont like manual cheat codes, man. What a loser, man. Totally totaled loser, man...

Mastahcheech
  • Mastahcheech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

"OMG NOOB YOU HASNT EVEN PLAYED GTA3 OR SA OMG YOURE SO DUMB LAWLERSKATES". Shut the f*ck up douchebags.. It should have cheats in the phone like 4. No reason not to. Oh and btw, some people didn't play the old GTA's so having people say "I think anyone that starts with IV....should never play any future title until they've played GTA3, VC, VCS, and SA. and maybe LCS too...." Is just retarded. None of them connect to each other soooo saying that is just rediculous. GTFO my planet. 

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

R1 R2 L1 L2 Up Down Left Right Up Down Left Right

o/

Is it really that hard?

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

They should have had the RDR menu cheats. That way, they're still easy to access and can't be interrupted by bullets.

And are people seriously claiming hardcore gamer superiority based on a cheating method? Seriously?

BlaznAngel
  • BlaznAngel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by BlaznAngel, 26 September 2013 - 07:13 PM.

Common sense. Thank You

This is the GTA V cheat code system - Look at the cheat paper, start putting in cheat, look up and I'm dead. You access weapons and use them when putting in the cheats. You die and also received more stars on your wanted level for firing off the weapons and explosives while putting them in.

There's no such thing as "common sense"   ..
There are people with sense, and there are people without sense lol.
Its just that The people that HAVE sense think that it should be common..
  But its not apparently lol.

Anyways,
You can start the cheat from the pause screen also if that helps at all.. 

At least it gives time to look at the cheat and punch it in lol.. 
quickly hit start again if the cheat itself doesn't bring you back to gameplay..

i'm still waiting for the health cheat so i can f*ck sh*t up!!  X D

A cop shot me twice and i died..  smh..     
Even died in a fist fight when the guy hit me twice! 
No fun that way.. 

the money thing helped though,  i was able to stock the guns ammo and armor at least..

Cell phone cheats were perfect.. it was so simple to reactivate the saved cheat before..
" Why rockstar!!   WHY?!!!! "  Lol.. 

i understand why people kinda like the old school cheats, i used to use those as well.. 
but bottom line is,   the cell phone ones were WAYYY easier to use.. 

The only thing that was better than the cell phone cheats was a Gameshark..

Niyologist
  • Niyologist

Creation and Destruction are the Circle of Life.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

R1 R2 L1 L2 Up Down Left Right Up Down Left Right

o/

Is it really that hard?

Jetpack cheat for GTA SA.

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

I know, since they had that big purge where they took all copies of the old games, door to door, and destroyed them.  They'll never experience the classics...such a shame.  I don't know why Rockstar did that.  

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

it's 100 times better than IV's system.

...a fast pressing of up, up, a, b.  as opposed to fumbling around trying to remember the series of buttons for that specific code...Yeah.  Totally better than IV's cheat system.  If you couldn't put in your cheat with GTA IV, you clearly weren't trying.  In terms of easy access, there is no comparison.

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Someone said you could enter the cheat code while paused.

• BlaznAngel likes this

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

I agree with the OP. Those types of cheats are outdated. The GTA IV method was ALLOT faster to do. But I guess more fans wanted the oldschool way of doing cheats, so R* obeyed. 

Sordidjaws
  • Sordidjaws

Heist Planner

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

"OMG NOOB YOU HASNT EVEN PLAYED GTA3 OR SA OMG YOURE SO DUMB LAWLERSKATES". Shut the f*ck up douchebags.. It should have cheats in the phone like 4. No reason not to. Oh and btw, some people didn't play the old GTA's so having people say "I think anyone that starts with IV....should never play any future title until they've played GTA3, VC, VCS, and SA. and maybe LCS too...." Is just retarded. None of them connect to each other soooo saying that is just rediculous. GTFO my planet. 

The phone idea was terrible kid, it's actually longer to put in a phone number than to enter the cheat by pushing buttons on your controller. Either way you still have to memorize the cheat code phone number, or controller code. But the classic cheat codes are wayyyy faster to enter than pulling up a phone, and slowly typing a number.

huiAPPOAJ
  • huiAPPOAJ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

it's actually longer to put in a phone number than to enter the cheat by pushing buttons on your controller

yeah, but that phone has memory and you have to enter the number just once

MetalliDeth91
  • MetalliDeth91

Promoter of Earthbound Causes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

The only thing I don't like with the manual cheats these days on the Xbox 360 controller is that the D-pad isn't always precise as a PS D-pad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users