Quantcast

» «
Photo

Manual Cheat Codes!? Are You F*%$ing Kidding Me!?

123 replies to this topic
Mr Shakotan
  • Mr Shakotan

Ride Low and get high

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Lazy much

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

OP probably started with GTA IV.

Sounds like it, doesnt it?

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

f*ck cell phone cheats. Everytime i'd try to spawn a vehicle or do a health cheat in gta4, my cheat "call" would get interrupted cuz a cop shot me. Good f*ckin ridance! Finally i can enter a cheat as fast as i can flex my finger muscles. Button cheats are better in the long run once uou build the muscle memory for them.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

It would be fine if my d-pad f*cking worked, but it always loves to do that one button is two buttons thing if I don't get the press just right. So I know a cheat has failed when the guy gets the f*cking phone out in the middle of it.

• theGTAking101 likes this

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'm a bit disappointed in it as well.  I feel like they came up with a GREAT way to input cheats that was easy and fast to access, and then just abandoned it.  I can live with it, but it's still a bit disappointing that they made a leap forward only to undo that progress in the next game.

• theGTAking101 and seggy1 like this

AGNT009
  • AGNT009

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

They probably want us to be less invincible. How easy was it to call up a new gunship helicopter, or guns or vests or ammo to stay immortal. Screw up a code when the heat is on you can be deadlier now. Not that I prefer it this way, but Im assuming that's why they did it.

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

That's one thing I'll never get.  If we want to be invincible, who cares?  Let us.  As long as it doesn't interfere with accomplishments or trophies or online play...what does it matter?

FUBAR1991
  • FUBAR1991

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

I'm glad to have the button combos back I hated getting shot when I was trying to activate a cheat. Wish they were the same as SA cause I still remember the cheats codes I use the most.

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

That was a bit annoying, but I'm still getting shot trying to remember the combo and input it. 

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:40 AM Edited by Racecarlock, 18 September 2013 - 02:40 AM.

They probably want us to be less invincible. How easy was it to call up a new gunship helicopter, or guns or vests or ammo to stay immortal. Screw up a code when the heat is on you can be deadlier now. Not that I prefer it this way, but Im assuming that's why they did it.

Challenge. Because that's exactly the reason people use cheats. It's like someone adopting a dog in order to not have a pet.

• Get_Head_Ed likes this

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

I prefer doing it manually. I hated it in grand IV, you had to bust out the phone (and he was so slow about it) the dial and call and wait for the ring. And god forbid you get shot while dialing. No, I prefer the III, VC and San Andreas way.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:24 AM

Hate manuel cheats. Can't believe anybody would prefer it. But the cheats found so far suck balls so it's moot.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

That's how we did it in the old days.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

Personally, I enjoy the good old button combinations from the III era.  I still remember almost all the important cheats from San Andreas and I haven't played that since 2009.  It really doesn't take much to remember the cheats.  Although that is the method I prefer, Rockstar could have had an app for cheats, simply to cater to the newbies to GTA who started with GTA 4.

seggy1
  • seggy1

est. 1857

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:20 AM Edited by seggy1, 18 September 2013 - 08:37 AM.

Maybe you do it once and then it's in your phone like gta 4 exept with the button combos

seggy1
  • seggy1

est. 1857

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

f*ck cell phone cheats. Everytime i'd try to spawn a vehicle or do a health cheat in gta4, my cheat "call" would get interrupted cuz a cop shot me. Good f*ckin ridance! Finally i can enter a cheat as fast as i can flex my finger muscles. Button cheats are better in the long run once uou build the muscle memory for them.

You don't have to enter the number each time.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

You don't have to enter the number each time.

I dont. I bring up the phone, go to cheats and select the one i need, but before i can reach it, gunshot to the ass. I hated that.

Motherflippers
  • Motherflippers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Still remember cheats from VC. When you memorise them, they're far quicker to input than the phone.

Glad they're back.

BLAQK ROXSTAR
  • BLAQK ROXSTAR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

I want to enjoy this game with cheat codes. Now I have to learn a whole f &*$ing cheat system!?

left up right left r1 l1 l3 square left triangle up up......no no wait it is..... left up right left l1 r1 l3 square left triangle up up.....oh well that took too long, Iam dead now so Ill start over :miranda:  :sui:

How old are you? This is how cheats were done back in the day.

iammnotbatman
  • iammnotbatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

been playing gta since 97 n loved how the cheats were in the earlier ones but when they made the phone in gtaiv that would also save the codes i was like ehhh but i ended up loving it thought it was the best idea.....to go back to this way after that way in 4 idk step down if you ask me.  and cant spawn cars anywhere? gimme a break

if you had a problem with the phone in gta4 all you had to do was get in a car n drive n pull out your phone and put weapons health code in

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

I silk remember the Hydra and health cheats from SA, which i haven't even played in a year +

zerrier
  • zerrier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Looks like we have a GTA noob on our hands..Before GTA4 there were only "manual" cheat codes for GTA...

Piblu
  • Piblu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

the only problem i have with this is the sucky d-pad on the xbox, otherwise this method is superior.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

The only people who are mad at this are children. All the old men including myself enjoy Remeber the combos and how fast you can punch them.

Just pause the game noob.

Trevor Phillips Enterprise
  • Trevor Phillips Enterprise

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Remember the days of the little cheat code booklets in gaming magazines? Lol they were great.
And I used to go online and write all my GTA cheat codes down for III/VC/SA, we never had any ink in the damn computer. I can almost remember the weapon cheats for VC for PS2.

• FANTOMTRON likes this

TheEnd90
  • TheEnd90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

I want to enjoy this game with cheat codes. Now I have to learn a whole f &*$ing cheat system!?

left up right left r1 l1 l3 square left triangle up up......no no wait it is..... left up right left l1 r1 l3 square left triangle up up.....oh well that took too long, Iam dead now so Ill start over :miranda:  :sui:

That's the beauty about GTA cheats. I've liked it since I was a kid.

You want it easier, print them out, hang it on your wall or something. Eventually, when you've cheated enough, you'll learn them, and they will be used automatically, and you will preffer it. Instead of opening a slowmotion cell to navigate around and find the cheat.

And when one of your friends asks for a cheat, you would have to take his controller, and do the cheat for him, cause the cheats lays in your fingers, not in your head :)

Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Tis better than GTA IV. Having to scroll through your phone while people shoot at you wasn't much better. Plus once you learn the cheats you can type them like clockwork like back in the 3D days

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

I guess he's a noob. This is the way the cheats are supposed to be, people hated the phone system.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Little kids nowadays smh

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Once you memorize your favorite cheats you can activate them faster than the phone did.

Like a mofukin boss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users