» «
Photo

Car Handling opinion from a IV vet

36 replies to this topic
DrGreenThumb_NZ
  • DrGreenThumb_NZ

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by DrGreenThumb_NZ, 17 September 2013 - 02:20 AM.

Ok i know theres alot of post about this...

Ive played IV online religiously since its release, i have 1000+ races on leader boards ,Hundereds of Hours on Free Roam,And appreciate how awesome the damage and handling system was in IV like alot of you

The handling on V its self isnt bad, but what we can no longer do is peel outs ,you regain traction far to easy, on IV i could smoke the wheels up the whole road,But on V you just get grip as soon as you creep forward from burnout...

Same thing with motorbikes,what i love to do in IV is leen forward and could do a mean burn out up the road,you cant do these sort of things any more, every thing has way to much grip even grass :(

Even on a wooden surface you can hardly do i donut...

Pulling Wheelie on push bikes seems abit lame also,i have to practice some more

Aslo you can take out massive power poles and it doesnt even damage your car alot ,it kinda feels abit cheap

The handling is still fun tho and the damage is still good somewhat,but just those small things i mentioned really made IV fun,no more tapping up to get extra speed either

But the rest of the game makes up for it,the GFX are just insane !!!

Rant ovr back to V

• ruairidoc likes this

Lucik89
  • Lucik89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

100% agree

still an incredible game though  :santa:

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

That pretty much is the conclusion we came to watching the leaked gameplay. It sucks that it's essentially confirmed now. I saw a video of a sports car driving across the beach and the traction was f*cking ridiculous. It looked like they were driving on pavement.

/sad

DBZMUSICBOY01
  • DBZMUSICBOY01

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

:'(

danlevm
  • danlevm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Thanks for that ...cant wait till tomorrow!~

op are you playing on the 360 or ps3?

DEMONBANANAS
  • DEMONBANANAS

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

not sure if you have played sleeping dogs or saints row op, but could you tell me if you think its better than the handling of those games and that overall feel?, because the driving in those games really turns me off

jackabood
  • jackabood

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:08 AM Edited by jackabood, 17 September 2013 - 02:12 AM.

preach

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

Sad but true.

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

The best thing about IV was the driving, everything else was boring. Well, except the Three Leaf Clover mission, that was great.

• Sting4S likes this

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

Well thought out opinion, I too played gta4 for hundreds of hours and loved the handling, doing burnouts up footpaths never got old lol

So it seems we won't be able to do that anymore but how is the high speed sliding? Does the car still start gripping straight away and eliminate the needed wheel spin?

ruairidoc
  • ruairidoc

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

why did they change the driving it was near perfect imo

DrGreenThumb_NZ
  • DrGreenThumb_NZ

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

Thanks for that ...cant wait till tomorrow!~

op are you playing on the 360 or ps3?

im on 360,got last night

I have seen both Ver tho, dropped my friend off to get ps3 copy today,and played a few hours with him

Ps3 ver looks Slightly worse IMO,and has slight frame rate dips,nothing major tho

Pregnantplatypus
  • Pregnantplatypus

Futo Fanatic

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

Can I still slide around parking garages side ways and keep hitting the e brake to extend my drift?

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

You cant please everyone.  Millions of people love the driving and millions of people hate it.  Just be happy you don't live in a 3rd world country and move on.

CitySlikah
  • CitySlikah

Rat

• Members

I would like to see gameplay of the slippery driving cheat

DEMONBANANAS
  • DEMONBANANAS

Rat

• BUSTED!

is the driving at least better than saints row op?

DrGreenThumb_NZ
  • DrGreenThumb_NZ

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

Well thought out opinion, I too played gta4 for hundreds of hours and loved the handling, doing burnouts up footpaths never got old lol

So it seems we won't be able to do that anymore but how is the high speed sliding? Does the car still start gripping straight away and eliminate the needed wheel spin?

You can still pull the handbrake into corner and powerslide out, that still feels good

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by aaronimpact, 17 September 2013 - 02:33 AM.

Most of the cars I have driven feel like tanks. They aren't how cars felt in GTA IV.

Sometimes tires don't go round they are just motionless and the vehicle has no damage.

Also I have noticed most vehicles are shiney and brand new looking. I have only seen a couple of old bangers.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by Raynos, 17 September 2013 - 02:33 AM.

not sure if you have played sleeping dogs or saints row op, but could you tell me if you think its better than the handling of those games and that overall feel?, because the driving in those games really turns me off

Played both of those, been playing GTA V for about 13 hours!!

GTA V driving beats Saints Row n Sleeping Dogs anyday!!

As far as handling, yes, it's different but not bad.
Your 4x4 still slide when taking corners at high speeds. Each car feels completely different.
I love GTA IV driving but I think GTA V is different but still awesome!

Only one issue I have... The dash Cam, I liked it better when it sat further back and centered. Gotta get used to it or hope for an option to relocate the camera angle.

P.S.
As far as damage goes, I don't see much of an issue?
My car deforms and completely f*cks out after 2-3 crashes. Even minor side scrapes deform the panels, I love how the panels can fall off and/or deform. Just awesome!!!

Expectations have Definately been exceeded!

DrGreenThumb_NZ
  • DrGreenThumb_NZ

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

Yes its much better then taht garabge, but i hate to say it i get the small saints row feel when hitting someobjects in vehicles ,they feel like (the objects) they have no weight

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

I agree 100%.

• D1RTYŽ likes this

D1RTYŽ
  • D1RTYŽ

• D1RTY12
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by MarcoTheftAuto, 17 September 2013 - 02:38 AM.

The driving pretty much ruins the game for me after playing for a few hours, feels so dull and boring makes me bored despite all the awesome stuff to do.
Now this is just my opinion so there's no need for any sensitive people to get upset about it and attack me like a cornered dog.

The reason I didn't like saint's row games and others was because of the driving, now here we are on V....
  • Sting4S and AlasClarin like this

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

You can still pull the handbrake into corner and powerslide out, that still feels good[/quote]

Oh thank god, thanks very much for the answer :)

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

I loved how the wheels would rub against the guards and stick after a good crash. Would add so much tension to a chase 😊

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

Car handling reminds of that PS2 game Driven to Destruction.

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Leaning forward on the bike burnout you mentioned was dope though,almost like a mini drift

DEMONBANANAS
  • DEMONBANANAS

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Yes its much better then taht garabge, but i hate to say it i get the small saints row feel when hitting someobjects in vehicles ,they feel like (the objects) they have no weight

good to hear thats its better, but thats a shame about the objects, hitting any objects in iv made it feel like it hit so hard and had good weight to it, thanks for answering :)

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by DymeDef, 17 September 2013 - 02:46 AM.

I felt this in IV too. Almost all objects felt like just a model with no weight behind them. The only things that I would hit and feel an impact were solid objects like walls or other cars, or light posts. And even the light posts were iffy and very very light. I remember smashing throught the sidewalks in a Sultan RS and just blowing right through anything other than a wall, car or light post.

I used a mod in GTA IV that made all the light posts and sh*t turn into solid objects, as solid as a tree. It made me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better of a driver (along with realistic pop cycle to make the streets packed) but one thing that everyone had a problem with was that the objects were causing frame stuttering. Now IV was horribly optimized for PC and my computer barely held 60FPS and if I put in a light weight ENB it sits at about 30. But those poles were causing the game to dip 5+ frames around every pole. I think the no weight to objects is to do with how much is being rendered and going on. Optimizations are obviously MUCH better than IV, and this could be plausible but I have a feeling on consoles making objects have realistic or somewhat realistic weighting would cause some frame stutters.

D1RTYŽ
  • D1RTYŽ

• D1RTY12
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by MarcoTheftAuto, 17 September 2013 - 02:47 AM.

I hate games where the breaks aren't required before going round corners, makes the game boring and numb plus the brakes are way too strong anyway, well I guess the majority got what they wanted, I'll have to wait maybe several more years until my dream game come out.
Best thing they could have done is what Mafia II did, 2 physics options.

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

The car handling could be a bit tighter and less sensitive. But the real issue is the bikes, the handling for them is f*cking shocking, literally awful. What the f*ck have they done there? Jesus they better sort that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users