» «
Photo

[SPOILER]That Torture Mission

49 replies to this topic
DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by DwnShft2Xcelr8, 20 September 2013 - 03:17 PM.

I think it's the worst mission I've ever played only because I didn't want to do it.

The torture was too much. A few times, I hesitated carrying it on because I just wanted it to be over with.

When the guy's

Spoiler
I just did not want to see that.

The funny thing is all these people saying that it's a stance on the USA's torture policies. Ok, great. Maybe you're right. But after the torture is over and

Spoiler
If that was R*'s stance on torture, they failed miserably.

I know R* likes to push the envelope, but this mission was too much. I'm glad I got gold in it through the first play-through of it because I don't want to go back to it. I know I will eventually have to since I do plan on replaying the story mode later on.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

And one point I'd like to make about those saying it wasn't a big deal and is just mocking American society:

Women get raped everyday in the USA. I don't think societal stats are needed to show that rape is more common in the USA than any other First World country, and that it's more likely to happen than torture, though one could argue that rape is torture.

Anyway, what if in a future installment of GTA, Rockstar decide to include a rape mission? How would you guys feel about that? After all, they'd just be mocking the United States of America anyway, right?

I can't support the torture mission. It just opens up Pandora's box of what is acceptable in future games. I know torture missions have happened in past games but I don't think it was anything this disturbing.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

It was done so humorously that it didn't bother me one bit, fun actually.

"The Lizard" from heavy rain... Now THAT was done tough sh*t.

ruud.
  • ruud.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

No problem to me. There are movies that are far worse. Don't see why it should be much different in video games.

I say well done R* for sticking to their guts.

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Can't say I had any opinion on it either way really...

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

I just loaded a save with Trevor and it shows him in the desert with a shovel burying somebody.

People would say they liked Tommy Vercetti because he was ruthless. Trevor Phillips makes Tommy Vercetti look like a choir boy in a Hawaiian shirt.
  • J_Lawson91 likes this

J_Lawson91
  • J_Lawson91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

I wasn't really bothered by the premise of the mission, despite how ridiculously absurd and purely vile it was, but then I remembered that this is GTA we are playing. Nothing surprises me anymore and they will always have at least one controversial thing happening in every game they put out there..

Forcing out the dude's tooth, though.. I could've gone without the moaning and the animation of the tooth being forced out, but it does do a great job of being very realistic.

Laurens078
  • Laurens078

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Spoiler

I thought he said it did work? Something like "it doesn't work" .. "but you gave me all the details so it does work" ..but could be done differently.

Anyway, I didn't have any problems with it.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

2ND TO NONE

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

I am an adult so it does not bother me to torture, rape, burn and shoot pixels.  Even children pixels.

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by jlamay, 20 September 2013 - 10:35 PM.

Can someone tell me what the name of the mission is before the 

Spoiler
Mission. And also the name of the mission before Trevor meets 
Spoiler
. I want to save game before these two missions. 

adamc03
  • adamc03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

I did not find anything wrong with this mission but the one with 

Spoiler

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

I found nothing wrong with the mission apart from the tooth pull but even then, it wasn't graphical so I watched it.

The funny part was I skipped the next part of the mission because I couldn't find the right person at the party. Found it pretty entertaining to myself that I tortured a guy for info that I didn't use. XD

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

Actually, the only one I found disturbing was the tooth scene. :/ Was painful to watch. 

At least he didn't kill the guy.

• Smaher. likes this

karl36116
  • karl36116

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

i had to purchase this, could not find another guide to complete all the mission with ease http://bit.ly/1eV9zJH

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

I didn't feel bad about it at all, it's just a game and shouldn't effect sh*t, i can understand some people it would effect but i've been exposed to so much worse when i was a kid

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by Deadly Target, 01 October 2013 - 03:10 AM.

Can someone tell me what the name of the mission is before the 

Spoiler
Mission. And also the name of the mission before Trevor meets 
Spoiler
. I want to save game before these two missions. 

Before

Spoiler
- The Jewel Store Job

Before

Spoiler
- Three's Company

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by archiebunker, 01 October 2013 - 03:17 AM.

But after the torture is over and
Spoiler
If that was R*'s stance on torture, they failed miserably.

You missed the point. It "worked" in the sense that the guy gave you vague information about another guy he doesn't know personally who may or may not be a terrorist, and all this only after the prisoner insists he doesn't know anything worthwhile and volunteering to tell you anyway if you don't torture him. The torture was unnecessary and gratuitous.

The scene was great at conveying the confirmation bias inherent in torture questioning. You hear what you want to hear from the victim. If you already have it in your mind that the victim is guilty and is withholding important things, you think the useless info he gives is valuable.

Goodell
  • Goodell

Los Santos Kingpin

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:24 AM Edited by Goodell, 01 October 2013 - 03:25 AM.

Honestly I didn't think it was too bad the worst part was

Spoiler
but overall it was pretty fun, I liked the ending though I was like aww trevor does have a heart lol

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

A game makes a statement about a real life problem, Gamers discuss if the game should contain said statement instead of discussing the actual issue.

It is an OBVIOUS satire, at one point when waterboarding Trevor said that "What's all the fuss about it?" while he was subjecting the guy to it, if that isn't a Satire then Satire do not exist

the_paulo
  • the_paulo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

It just wasn't very enjoyable. I know there was humour mixed in, but it still felt like we could have just heard Trevor doing it in the background on the phone.

Maybe i'm just getting old :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users