Photo

[SPOILER]That Torture Mission

49 replies to this topic
EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:19 AM Edited by gtafreak10, 17 September 2013 - 12:20 AM.

This thread is to discuss your feelings about the torture mission in GTA 5. I am not going to post what happens in the torture mission, nor am I going to post a video of it. Anyway, I just watched the torture mission as I have been seeing a lot of talk about it online. I can honestly say that it's pretty goddamn disturbing, even for a GTA game. I might even say it's more disturbing than the hot dog mission in GTA 2. 

I think this has potential to spark a lot of controversy, maybe more so than the whole "killing animals" thing. While the torture isn't TOO over the top, I do feel that to some, it may be unsettling. Now, I have mixed feelings about whether this will spark controversy or not, considering 2 things:

• There was a torture mission in
    Spoiler
    , and while it wasn't as bad as GTA V's, it is still torture nonetheless. I am pretty sure this didn't cause any controversy, but don't quote me on that.

• Rockstar mixed seriousness, along with their humor in the scene. For example, when everything is said and done, Trevor makes the guy get into his truck, and the first thing he says is "safety first!" I feel they added this to make it seem less worse than it actually is.

Now, my question to you is this: What is your opinion (if you have seen it) on the torture mission, and do you think this may cause any problems toward Rockstar?

TimeLordDoctor
  • TimeLordDoctor

You are pulling down heaven and raising up a whore!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

pm me gameplay of it, so i can make my judgement

Gta2013
  • Gta2013

September 17th > life

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

where can i see it please.

proskill3
  • proskill3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

i have question. first sr for my bad englist please try to understand   :)

my last main mission is mission 33/69 destroy the big ship or boat with franklin sniper 

when i done this mission in my map i dont have any main mission to play i complete all mission ( ? ) and the main mision still not come out

and i steal some car the game keep say some thing about gateway vehicle

please help me 

i dont no that things is the error or just the game like that

iownalx23
  • iownalx23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

I just got done watching a video with cutscenes removed. I think it will cause controversy based on what the youtube comments said. Other than that, kind of disturbing but i think you purposely feel that for the reasons stated in the youtube comments. Also, you get to learn a lil bit more about Trevor.

K7YLP
  • K7YLP

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

Spoiler
I felt bad about

TimeLordDoctor
  • TimeLordDoctor

You are pulling down heaven and raising up a whore!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

It was fine, this is a parody of what the US government does anyways.

Plus it shows the good side of trevor how he didnt kill the man! He let him live and drove him to the airport! Trevor is awesome man, psycho but awesome with morals.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

I still think it's just kind of unsettling. I know the torture isn't that bad except for the tooth part, but it shows how much you can get into the story, I felt really bad for that guy. 

Maybe what makes it so bad is the atmosphere that the scene is in and the creepy music in the background.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

It really wasn't that bad.

GCX CONKER
  • GCX CONKER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:56 AM Edited by GCX CONKER, 17 September 2013 - 09:57 AM.

Spoiler

ya not that bad :/

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:22 AM Edited by buzbegone, 17 September 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Spoiler

ya not that bad :/

Oh real? I used everything once so it's pretty inevitable I was to miss it.

In fact, I'll list them..

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's actually one of those requirements at the end of the mission to do everything once.

I think they had a great deal of fun animating for all these possible scenarios.

GCX CONKER
  • GCX CONKER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

I used the wrench first may this leads to it?

Because it was not that late at night.

Dan McChill
  • Dan McChill

Grove Street's Keeper

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

Spoiler

I think they tried to soften up the mission with some humor. It's not that bad and i actually missed 1 requirement for the gold medal

Spoiler

linkjoy123
  • linkjoy123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

I think most of you missed the point of the torture mission.

Rockstar has a lot of satire and things they make fun of, and/or bash in the game, especially politics.

The game is showing you how people are so advocates of torture, that they think there is nothing wrong with it, even if the guy is in the right, or in the wrong.

The FIB agent not caring is symbolic of the USA turning a blind eye to it.

Trevor making it light hearted at the end shows how America thinks it's okay, and there is nothing wrong with it. 

We all think torturing people for information since they did a bad thing is a good thing. It's actually more humane to kill the person on a death penalty, or let his be in jail, then subject them to that kind of REAL torture.

That scene DID it's job.  If you felt irked by it GOOD.  There is nothing RIGHT about torture no matter the circumstances.

I AM GLAD they had it in the game.  SHows you how horrible torture can be, no matter what the circumstances.

pernaboy
  • pernaboy

Gangster sh*t

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

I finished the game, and yeah very disturbing.. I don't know why did they tortured him, he was talking anyway

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

An offer you can't refuse.

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Just did it, and then after dropping the poor guy, I called for the blimp, got In it, and then jumped out and died. I deserved it. After what I did with the wrench.

The wrench part made me wince.

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I felt sorry for the poor guy.  God that wrench to the sack made me really uncomfortable. 

@linkjoy: you're right, it is a good satire of Americas stance on torture.  Really makes you think about how much good it actually does, wich is not a lot at all.

Gouki_22
  • Gouki_22

90s kid

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

he would die but what if you could give them a

columbian neck tie / bow tie - that's when they slash his throat and pull his tongue out.

BLAQK ROXSTAR
  • BLAQK ROXSTAR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

I've seen a couple of reviews from gaming sites that were bothered by it. What I find funny and hypocritical is that they aren't bothered by any of the other violence they take part in but this one torture scene is singled out.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

I just went through it and came on here. As for why some reviews might single it out, shooting/stabbing/beating up a bunch of people and moving on isn't a big deal. But here, they singled out one person and you got an option of method AND the intensity of it.

I remember for Splinter Cell Blacklist, there was a lot of negative reaction to their torture sequence in which you would stab someone and move the knife around to inflict pain; it was removed because of that backlash.

I won't give my opinion on it, but I do find it strangely bizarre just how much R* got away with in this game without hitting an A-rating; they really did push the boundaries as far as they could go, I'd imagine.

• Mainland Marauder likes this

norgeek
  • norgeek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

There's no way to skip this mission using cheats or bugs or whathaveyou? I'm not going to go through with it, so if I can't skip it I'm kinda stuck :/

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

Whilst I admit it is graphic and disturbing, I have to give Rockstar credit; it's one of the best structured missions I've ever played. The emotional engagement, the dialog, the switching, the voice acting, the administering of the torture and the amount of different combinations. This mission is mind boggling in more ways than one.

• Tikhung likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 18 September 2013 - 09:21 PM.

I'm not going to B&M about it, but I will say that I didn't like it.

First time I've played a GTA mission and thought 'how can I avoid doing this'.

I just wanted to switch characters, let alone watch or participate.

I figured it was there for shock factor, and some people would love it.

Edit: bright side, I did get GOLD for that one.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

I won't give my opinion on it, but I do find it strangely bizarre just how much R* got away with in this game without hitting an A-rating; they really did push the boundaries as far as they could go, I'd imagine.

It's amazing to think that, just eight years ago, San Andreas was being pulled off the shelves over a hidden half-finished, poorly animated sex minigame and this goes through in plain view.

To me it's like the cop's ear in Reservoir Dogs. Tarantino could've made the movie without it, but it demonstrated what kind of psychopath Mr. Orange was.
  • SilencedScream likes this

Noobie132
  • Noobie132

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

U gues r fukin stupid, he didnt hit that brown piece of sh*t in the nuts, he hit him in the left kneecap

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

The game is rated R so anything you see in this game is completely fine.

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Teeth removal mechanic (gameplay).

LMFAO

ps. Its a surprise for me that journalists havent already make noise about it.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

I thought was pretty f*cked up, I didn't want to finish the mission, but I had no choice.  :/ 

gulsh
  • gulsh

cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

It did not bother me one bit i seen sh*t far worse then this that's maybe why i felt not remorse 

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

GTA = a parody of America.

Torture = as american as can be.

Thus, GTA V has torture. Also, Trevor tells his victim to go out and tell his story to the world in hopes of changing things.

It's not the depiction of something ever so "normal" that should cause outrage, it's that it happens in the real world.

Like everything else in V (perhaps excluding the aliens).

• minieye likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users