A Chain Game for the iOS/Android version

5 replies to this topic
Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Mr.ClaudeFan

Lord of Liberty (City)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

Since some of us have participated in a PC Chain Game, I had an idea. Why can't we do one for the iOS/Android versions? It would be pretty cool, we could use tools like I-funbox, I-explorer, and Save 'n' Play. Why not? I think this idea would be cool. Anyone else agree?

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'm pretty sure iOS and Android users can play the regular (PC) Chaingame as well. PC save files should work on iOS and Android devices, and vice versa.

Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Mr.ClaudeFan

Lord of Liberty (City)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

I'm pretty sure iOS and Android users can play the regular (PC) Chaingame as well. PC save files should work on iOS and Android devices, and vice versa.

Ummm...they don't. I tried putting a regular PC Save onto my iOS Version, but it crashed upon loading completely.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

The gtasnp site seems to suggest that they are compatible. Is the extension for the save files the same as on the PC version (.b)?

Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Mr.ClaudeFan

Lord of Liberty (City)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

The gtasnp site seems to suggest that they are compatible. Is the extension for the save files the same as on the PC version (.b)?

It's the same, but it still crashes when I try to load it.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 24 September 2013 - 11:28 PM.

Having the same file extension isn't a guarantee that the two files work the same way, just look at the Steam version of Vice City. Its save files aren't compatible with the ones from the normal PC version, which is why doing SnP's is much more complicated now. I'd imagine that the tablet/phone version of the game has been modified far more than the Steam version has, so it only makes sense that the save files will have been as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users