GTA V driving trains and trams.

23 replies to this topic
gtaustria
  • gtaustria

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to drive trains in GTA V?  When yes how - i can't find a train station.. 

Somebody said that it also is possible to drive a tram yourself, but i can only take the tram as a "guest". 

Thanks for helping :-)

gtaustria
  • gtaustria

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Push :D

gtaustria
  • gtaustria

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Nobody driving GTA also the trains? :D

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Possible but very hard.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

Possible but very hard.

How do you do it?

thirdworldking
  • thirdworldking

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

i am also interested in this i can jump onto the freight trains but i cannot get in it

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

You can only drive the freight train once, and thats shortly in a mission.

marko dash
  • marko dash

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

there's a mission where you drive one for a short time but so far i haven't been able to get on let alone find a door, haven't been trying much really.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

You can climb the flat trailers while they pass you, you can walk up to the engine, its got only one door on the right behind the drivers cabinet. You cant enter or steal a train tho, as we said only for a short tine in a mission.

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

This sucks! I used to love stealing trains in SA.Why R* why???Was it so hard to do?

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

You can climb the flat trailers while they pass you, you can walk up to the engine, its got only one door on the right behind the drivers cabinet. You cant enter or steal a train tho, as we said only for a short tine in a mission.

Even if you kill the driver, it just keeps running.

rusty_brown_ring_donuts
  • rusty_brown_ring_donuts

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

I found ony little, little interaction possibility with the trams ;)... if you stand between the door, when the tram is standing at some stations, the tram will not close it, so you decide, when the tram leaves the station.

Not much, but I thought, I share it with you...

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

I heard--and this may be incorrect--that trains can be driven in GTA Online.

rusty_brown_ring_donuts
  • rusty_brown_ring_donuts

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Very unlikely.. but let us hope ;)

OpenWorld23
  • OpenWorld23

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by OpenWorld23, 08 January 2014 - 05:01 PM.

Yet another dissapointing thing about GTA 5 :( in GTA San Aandreas you can drive a train but it gets derailed if you hit a turn at high speed. In GTA 5, You can't even stop the train even if you kill the driver!

It seems to me that Rockstar Games had to dull down allot of awesome stuff from previous games in favor of better graphics, physics and a bigger map. If you ask me GTA 5 (story mode) could have had allot more.

What burns my ass is how before GTA 5s release, Rockstar was making it seem like it was going to have all these things like driving trains and more buildings to go into. Over all I was impressed but at the same time disappointed.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Rockstar was making it seem like it was going to have all these things like driving trains and more buildings to go into.

No, YOU made it seem like it was going to have all those things.

It is not possible to drive trains, however you can board them.

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

I miss driving trains and a hell of a lot of other things from SA. Was fun making them derail, lol. I DON'T miss the social interactions with Girlfriends and family members and stuff from SA and 4 though, that was such a hassle.

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

There is a video on you tube titled along the lines of 'stopping the train'. A bunch of guys were trying to stop it with things like a dozen big ass dump trucks on the tracks. They then found out how to do it.

They boarded the train in order to plant sticky bombs all over the cab and one of them 'glitched' into the cab from it's roof - and still couldn't drive it.

Yes, several sticky bombs will stop it.

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Just give up the train isn't driveable outside of the mission "Derailed". I don't think R* will make it driveable for freeroam.

masterconch87
  • masterconch87

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

There is a video on you tube titled along the lines of 'stopping the train'. A bunch of guys were trying to stop it with things like a dozen big ass dump trucks on the tracks. They then found out how to do it.

They boarded the train in order to plant sticky bombs all over the cab and one of them 'glitched' into the cab from it's roof - and still couldn't drive it.

vanoss did it i believe

topkek
  • topkek

don't hate me cuz i'm beautiful

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:04 PM Edited by Spanker Fish, 09 January 2014 - 07:05 PM.

Yeah but that was in GTA online. I've tried this with my friends in online and stopped the train a couple of times. But i've never been able to stop it in SP so i think it's only possible in online.

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

Yeah but that was in GTA online. I've tried this with my friends in online and stopped the train a couple of times. But i've never been able to stop it in SP so i think it's only possible in online.

I've tried it in SP didn't work, only in online.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I was wondering. If you use a save editor and replace your current vehicle with a train, can you drive it?

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to drive trains in GTA V?  When yes how - i can't find a train station.. 

Somebody said that it also is possible to drive a tram yourself, but i can only take the tram as a "guest". 

Thanks for helping :-)

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I was wondering. If you use a save editor and replace your current vehicle with a train, can you drive it?

No

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users