Photo

GTA 3 Doesn't start at all?

3 replies to this topic
iTzxZac
  • iTzxZac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

I just bought gta 3 on steam and downloaded and installed a fresh copy of gta3 from steam and I click "Play" on the game and I get the loading sign on my mouse for about 5 seconds and then it disappears and nothing happens. When I run gta3 It shows up In my process list for a couple of seconds and just closes. My graphics card is up to date with all its drivers , I have tried turning on DEP and adding It to the list , I have tried running It in compatibility mode as every single one. When i click play it doesn't even give me a error it just does nothing. This is a fresh install of gta3 from steam without any mods at all. I was playing gta sa on steam for the past 4 days so I don't know why I can't get gta 3 to work?

-All suggestions and feedback are highly appreciated!

OfficialFlipkid20
  • OfficialFlipkid20

OfficialFlipkid20

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

I don't know what the problem is, I had some similar problems with pc games on Windows 8, that's why I downgraded to Windows 7

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 12 December 2013 - 07:25 PM.

The same thing happens to me as well sometimes, but only if I play the game once, quit, and then start it up again. It works after a few retries for me.

iTzxZac
  • iTzxZac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

I don't know what the problem is, I had some similar problems with pc games on Windows 8, that's why I downgraded to Windows 7

I ended up fixing it. I had to use a cracked .exe of gta3 and it started. Pretty dumb that to get my legit bought copy off steam to work I had to use a cracked .exe but since then have beaten gta3 already just forgot to update this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users