» «
Photo

[SPOILERS] Stock Tips thread

528 replies to this topic
mjriedl
  • mjriedl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:02 PM Edited by mjriedl, 20 September 2013 - 05:04 PM.

Going off of that for those who have beaten the game.

Spoiler

I just did that now, I'm praying and praying it works, as I already did all the assassination missions and I've completed the story, so that might be my only chance for big money.

Yeah, at least I'm not the only one out there. Im panicking and as of now it has not been working. What is your current price at? Mine is at 82.68.

iNewWorldOrderi
  • iNewWorldOrderi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

my rough guide to a few hiests.

redwood/debonaire - Invest heavily in debonair beforehand

- buy as many shares of debonaire lower than 200 as you can. even if your nowhere near the mission.

- buy redwood shares around 50-60 / sell no lower than 240

- buy debonaire shares for less than 200-205 (rarely goes below 200 and not by much) sell at around 360~

if you have 5-1million on each camp (what i had at debonaire trades) you'll be looking to pull in around 10 mill over the 3 champs (6mill on mike 2-3 for frank/T) 

• acemafia04 likes this

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:11 PM Edited by LotusRIP, 20 September 2013 - 05:11 PM.

OK. So I bought shares in GoPost and then I went and destroyed a company van of it's rival, but nothing changed in the stock market....... somebody please advise what I'm doing wrong

iNewWorldOrderi
  • iNewWorldOrderi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

OK. So I bought shares in GoPost and then I went and destroyed a company van of it's rival, but nothing changed in the stock market....... somebody please advise what I'm doing wrong

from what i can tell effecting stocks outside of missions is negligible. you have to do it ALOT, you have to completely destroy the vehicle, and you have to escape the cop chase that will surely ensue.

syzegy
  • syzegy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by syzegy, 20 September 2013 - 06:06 PM.

1. The Hotel Assassination: Buy BetaPharma (Bet on the Bawsaq) before the mission

2. The Multi Target Assassination: Buy Debonaire (DEB on LCN) before the mission  

3. The Bus Assassination:: Sell Vapid (VAP on the Bawsaq) before the mission but buy Vapid after the mission (i got a ~25% return)

4. The Vice Assassination: Buy Fruit (before the mission FRT on Bawsaq I got ~145% return)

5. The Construction Assassination: buy GoldCoast (GCD on LCN) before the mission (max I got was around ~82%)

I have attached a screen shot for the returns on missions 3 and 4 and 5

Zmt6deH.jpg

• Waddy, burner12 and acemafia04 like this

alz-yer-pal
  • alz-yer-pal

taliBAM ActTuffGetMuff

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

The stocks dont change straight away. Save the game and check. I put 500k into airemu or whatever and blew up a ton of us air planes and its greaduly going up. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm playing as Franklin now, and I only have $1500 lol. How do i make money? I can't buy stocks yet, i need enough money first. Where are the 24/7 stores I can rob?

alz-yer-pal
  • alz-yer-pal

taliBAM ActTuffGetMuff

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

f*ck doing this for a living

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Anyone made any money investing in Merryweather after the end of the story yet? I just finished the game and have one assassination mission left, so I'll do that first but Merryweather money would be good too.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

It's best to leave the two final assassination missions 'till you finished the game. 

Astrovik
  • Astrovik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Spoiler

I just did that now, I'm praying and praying it works, as I already did all the assassination missions and I've completed the story, so that might be my only chance for big money.

same here. report back if it works out for ya.

MDrHouse
  • MDrHouse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by MDrHouse, 20 September 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Anyone made any money investing in Merryweather after the end of the story yet? I just finished the game and have one assassination mission left, so I'll do that first but Merryweather money would be good too.

I've played several hours after completing story and Merryweather prices still exactly the same it was after last mission - 113$

fluff304
  • fluff304

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Not many people consider how the markets work.

LCN

HOW IT WORKS:

The LCN stock market is based on your individual game instance (client side). It looks at what you are doing, what it is affecting, and adjusts the stock prices based on that.

PROS:

Easy to manipulate it in your favor by investing in one company, and destroying it's rival (will still take a good bit of work and destruction).

CONS:

It's downfall is that you don't know how the NPCs in the game act, so investments based on consumer habits are a little harder.

TIPS:

Pay attention to everything from what characters say in cutscenes to what the people on the radio are saying. They usually drop hints as to what's going on, or what people are doing so you can analyze it and make investments.

BAWSAQ

HOW IT WORKS:

Bawsaq gathers data from you, your friend, that kid in the COD lobby who's mother you just claimed to have fornicated with, everyone who has this game, an internet connection, and is playing, it takes all that data, and bases itself on all of that data.

PROS:

Easier to predict stocks based on consumer habits. This is because we ourselves are the consumers. I couldn't tell you what the NPCs are doing, but I know that, typically, players are going to be buying guns, buying cars/boats/aircraft, and upgrading their vehicles. So logically, the sound investments are in those areas. The more things people buy, the more valuable the stock.

CONS:

Not as easy to influence in your favor (unless it is tied to a mission like assassinations) due to it being a larger pool of influences.

TIPS:

PAY ATTENTION TO THINGS GOING ON IN THE REAL WORLD!!!! Since it is a collective stock market, expect stocks on commonly used things like guns and cars and such to go UP at times when more people can play like weekends and holidays. Also pay attention to times like when multiplayer rolls out. Stocks are bound to go up then too due to everyone starting up their gangs and stocking up on weapons, ammo, and vehicles to play around with. They will go down after everything chills out, but any major event like that is going to boost play times and money spent on such items.

That's about the best explanation and tips I can currently give. Feel free to copy and put into the OP.

• Cyfun and Poker2012chu like this

Killerbob94
  • Killerbob94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

I've been monitoring the VAG stocks for about 1-2hours now and they have never reached over 5.5 and under 4.0 even though the graph on the stocks says differently, I have been refreshing the stocks every hour (ingame) so  every 1 minute. and the graph says it reached 30.0 on friday but i know clearly it didnt as I was watching it at that time and would have sold all my stock if that happend. So i think stocks is just random and if you invest it doesnt give you anymore than a 1.5 - 2.0 difference. which is disappointing as I want to earn millions on stocks to buy the golf course.

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I've played several hours after completing story and Merryweather prices still exactly the same it was after last mission - 113$

I just tried, invested 32 million in Merryweather. Played 30 mins and it actually went down even more. Doesnt seem to work. Of course I saved before investing lol.

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Well guys.. after reading this thread and seeing all the money I've missed out on I think I'll just restart the game. I am currently at 27.0% done.

Astrovik
  • Astrovik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

What's your guys opinion on buying properties like the movie theater etc.? yes / no?

cksiz
  • cksiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by cksiz, 20 September 2013 - 09:04 PM.

Please note that everyone's LCN stock prices will be different. You have to compare percentages. Asking your buddy what his Debonaire stock went to will not help you. 

Example, during my first save, LifeInvader stock dropped to $8. This save it has dropped by a similar percentage (close to 300%) but this time is $50.

First save: Deb stock was around $200 and went to $449. This save, Deb stock has not been more than $30 pre assassination.

Edit: On a similar not, not everyone will see the same percentages. My gain for investing in Fruit was only about 90% but I see someone here hit 141%

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

if find a company but I want to invest in how do I know what opposite company to take the fleet for example? How do you find out the competition is

Gazzas
  • Gazzas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

Will the money we earn in single player carry over into multiplayer???

rocinante89
  • rocinante89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Spoiler

same here. report back if it works out for ya.

I've made around 2.5 mil per character on it using that method. I have the ps3 on for the last few hours just to see how the stocks change. I'll be back at it in a while, I'll let you guys know if it's risen anymore.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I wanna know how i can make money with franklin considering i only have $1500.

cksiz
  • cksiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Play the game with Michael a little more.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:52 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 20 September 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Okay. I'm currently on the first heist mission with Michael right now, just paused the game for a while. Also, why do I have to play with Michael more? Can't I rob 24/7 stores with Frank, Plus i don't really know where the stores are.

Astrovik
  • Astrovik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Okay. I'm currently on the first heist mission with Michael right now, just paused the game for a while. Also, why do I have to play with Michael more? Can't I rob 24/7 stores with Frank, Plus i don't really know where the stores are.

keep progressing in the story, you automatically get tons of cash.

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

I've also been having trouble finding 24/7 stores, they aren't marked

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

keep progressing in the story, you automatically get tons of cash.

Okay, thanks. This game is so big I don't even know what I'm doing :D

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

Any tips on how I can get to the 150.000.000 required to buy the Golf Club? I have finished the game, have about 30.000.000 and 3 Lester Assassination missions left.

Mac316
  • Mac316

It's MY car, idiot!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I just did my 2nd assassination and I put all my money in Debonaire as they said and came away with almost 550k profit and did the same on the other 2 guys and got a great amount on those 2. :)

Had to do plenty of sleeping thou like sleep and save and then sleep and miss a save to see if the shares went down.

PeaceOnesxWai
  • PeaceOnesxWai

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Mission-related tips:

Note: prices apparently vary per game

Vangelico heist:

Sell anything you have invested in them before this.  Afterward, wait til it bottoms out around $35/share before buying any.  Not sure if there's a competing gem company to invest in before-hand, didn't see one.

LifeInvader (prototype swap mission):

Sell anything you've invested in them before this mission cause it'll tank badly.  And I wouldn't bother ever investing in them again, as I tried when it bottomed out but it never really recovered.

Bilkinton/Betta (Hotel Assassination mission):

Sell anything you have invested in Bilkington. Lester mentions he invested heavily in Betta, but I didn't see them in the LCN. Are they somewhere else?  I also noticed DollarPills tank as well.  Once Bilkington bottoms out after the mission, though (the low for me was around $120/share), feel free to invest in them again as it spikes up again.

Redwood/Debonaire (Multi-Assasination mission):

Before you even start this mission, sell anything you have invested in Redwood, and invest everything you've got into Debonaire.  Don't do it during the mission cause there's a tight timer. And be sure and not to forget doing this for ALL THREE CHARACTERS. I was in a hurry and only did it for Franklin. Debonaire's stock will go from about $200 to about $400.  When the mission is over, wait a good few minutes as the stock value will continue to rise.  Mine eventually peaked at $399.42, so go ahead and sell when it gets to that point. After Debonaire stocks have peaked, sell and invest back into Redwood stocks when it hits rock bottom. The stock will climb back up.

Merriweather (Dockyards secret government device mission):

Sell anything you have in Merriweather before this mission as it'll dive a bit.

Green is my note to ADD

Bilkinton/Betta (Hotel Assassination mission): Can anyone confirm Bilkinton stocks go back up after the Hotel Assasination? I think this topic has been skipped couple times. Instead of just investing on what will rise, we should also pay attention to the fall of the companies affected and when to take action when it rises. I missed out on the Multi-Assasination and i think I could have tripled my money if I invested into Redwood right after I sold my Debonaire stocks.

Merriweather (Dockyards secret government device mission): What is the stock symbol for Grupper6? What is the rock bottom and peak for Merriweather stocks after this mission?

The Bus Assassination: Sell Vapid (VAP on the Bawsaq) before the mission but buy Vapid after the mission (i got a ~25% return)

The Vice Assassination: Buy Fruit (before the mission FRT on Bawsaq I got ~145% return)

The Construction Assassination: buy GoldCoast (GCD on LCN) before the mission (max I got was around ~82%)

Please contribute to this if there are opposing companies to these last 3. This would be a great note to add because this not just doubles your money, but triple if you invest wisely when certain companies are down.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users